the Rift

My Demons are Angels

Keidajen Posts: 17
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14 hh :: 4 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
Keidajen

I was struck down. I was killed. I died. Yet still I live.

I am not who I once was nor am I who I became. I am who I will be. I exist only in the realm of what may or may not be.

The moon is early to her post tonight; already she sways solemnly on the surface of the pond. The face of the moon looks too elegant to be peering into the quaint pond that crumples her visage; like a queen looking into the twice broken mirror of a waif.

The charm that the God of the Sun gave to me has lost its flame. No longer do even embers haunt the charm. I had considered throwing the polished charm out for some bird to add to its collection of shiny baubles but I keep it like a personal imp who taunts my failure. I commanded a god yet I have proved to be incapable of completing the quest I had summoned him in order to receive.

I still cannot do as little as speak with the Helovians in their tongue so how am I to learn their secrets? One of them could prance up to me at this very moment and spill their most long held secrets and there is a great chance that I would not understand all of the words spoken. I have picked bits and pieces of the language up by staying in the Threshold and listening to all who come through. It has only helped so much though; most newcomers cross over and are greeted during the daylight that overwhelms my right eye to the point of not being able to focus on anything besides the pain.

Color is everywhere in this land. It is too much. The sun here is overzealous. It would drive the sun mad if it allowed itself to tone down; it seems almost desperate to make sure that all notice it. I prefer the moon. Quiet and soothing, confident in itself and content with whatever notice it does get. I strive to be more like the moon. I need to learn contentment.

I long for Elivian. I burn for it as the sun does for recognition from those below it. No matter how desperate I get nothing will change. It has taken time, but I am coming to terms with being in Helovia. I have no choice but to come to terms with it or to remain a ghost that exists only in the corners of the eyes of strangers, only coming forth whenever one of them is also battling with misery.

The mare with markings that had glowed softly as the moon does above me brought me much further in my journey. Although she was cracked she did not break as I did. That mare had been, and is likely still, battling against the demons from her past whenever I surrendered to my own so quickly. My demons are angels though. They are faces that I love with all I have. Faces that I miss more than I would miss the breath that passes from my lips. I do not know how I am supposed to do it but I am going to move past them. Be they angels or demons I am going to build my life beyond them. I am going to have to learn to treasure my breaths more.

I have been standing at the edge of the pond staring blindly at my own reflection. Coming back into myself my eyes slide to the reflection of the moon. My gaze stays on it as I step into the pond. The water is cold and it bites at my skin so my steps are initially slow but once I have made it in up to my knees I crash forward. I stop once I am in up to my chest in the middle of the pond.

Both my own reflection and that of the moon are made into one by the waves I made. I dunk my head into the water. I allow the water to wash over me. Lifting it once more, with my eyes still closed, I toss my head so that some of the water may fall from me. I stand that way for some time with my head lifted towards the moon, tail streaming out behind me, eyes closed. For this moment I am oblivious to all around me. I tell myself that this water will wash away my memories and hurt. From here I will move onward.

New posting game: How long can my posts ramble on about nothing at all?

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Yew

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

I am here again, to bring a new one possibly back to the Basin. Dark blue eyes shift to take in my surroundings. Anger still seeped into my soul from my previous interactions here. The last attempt to bring home had gone awry, because of a foolish "healer" from my herd. Because for a moment, one single fucking moment, she could not put away her childish hatred, and because of Tangere's childish behavior, it had cost the Basin one more character. One more able body. 

Idiot.

But I was here to try again, to remedy maybe for the obviously mentally handicapped healer. We always needed those for the Basin, and the Basin had been lacking in activity lately. So, thats what brought me here time and time again. Maybe I would bring home a warrior for my ranks... Then again, maybe I wouldn't. Maybe I would be scrounging from my lack luster group of soldiers, and maybe Ki'irha would yet again pull the weight. 

The white one is easily seen. I approach carefully, studying the white woman. She had a mane that hung long and beautiful, and she possessed a grace I wish I had. "Welcome. Is there anything I might help you with on your way through the Threshold? A few weeks rest, or even directions?" The lips lift in to a smile, as my blue eyes watched her.

Base Code: Tamme    Art & Customization: Goatfairy

@Keidajen 
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Keidajen Posts: 17
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14 hh :: 4 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
Keidajen

"Welcome. Is there anything I might help you with on your way through the Threshold? A few weeks rest, or even directions?" I open my eyes hesitantly. To open them and to allow myself to see means that I will have to remove myself from self inflicted darkness.

"Directions?" I look to the stranger with tired eyes. If only someone could slip into my life and give it direction. I am exhausted from walking the path I am on now. "That what all need." I am certain that she offered a different type of directions than the sort that I allure to. If only she could give me directions to where I want to be. But that is an impossibility.

If I go to one of the herds I want to settle there. I want to become so involved that I will not have time to think about Elivian. "Many weeks." I do not know the words that I need to express my needs to her clearly. I look away embarrassed, "Home. Talk words." Once I suppress my embarrassment somewhat successfully I meet her eyes with bravado that I did not think that I had left to muster up. "Learn."

I walk from the water with calculated movements only making soft ripples. My words are clumsy and I can only hope that she will make sense of them; she can only hope to have enough sense to not ridicule me, the thought of her doing so makes my eyes flash. I have lost everything except for my pride so I latch onto it all the harder. To make up for my speech I make sure that my movement is anything but clumsy. I am beginning to get a grasp on this body and its way of moving. I am regaining my warrior's grace. Once out of the pond I allow some of the water to drip from my body.

My smile rests strangely on my face, it is not accustomed to being used. From where I stand at the water's edge I dip my head to her slightly. I watch her carefully. I must confess that I am curious about the creatures of this land. Whenever I was in Elivian unicorns were merely whispered of. It is a strange thought that I was originally born among them. This Helovia is where I originated from.

@Sialia

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Yew

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

The eyes slowly open to look at me, and they are tired. The voice that echoes at me a word I had said to her, seems odd, unused. Her next words cause a cock of my head. It was easy enough to assume she meant something, but something told me the words where far deeper than that.

I feel something for the child as she struggles to find the words to give to me. I move closer to her as her face turns away embarrassed. She gives me a few more words, like learn, and home. I come to a halt, a soft smile lifting at my lips as she moves carefully from the water. As she emerges, a smile is resting strangely on her face. I am not sure, but something about the way she moves, smiles, talks is strange. I cannot put my hoof on it, but it is foreign. She talks like she has only just begun the speaking process, like she was just a babe. Testing things for the first time.

"Come. I'll bring you home. You can tell me more best you can if you wish on the way. You will be able to learn more there too, if learning is what you wish to do."

My dark body steps forward to stand next to her, and gently I attempt to touch her shoulder. I am ready when she is, and if we need to take this slow, we can. My dark blue eyes watch her, waiting for her to give the okay.

Base Code: Tamme Art & Customization: Goatfairy

So so so sorry this took so long dear!!!
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!