the Rift

[PRIVATE] No Scrubs

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Well! You know who I was on the lookout for? A certain dazzling gold mare. I haven’t seen her in a while and the last time I had seen her she had been pregnant! Now I don’t know a lot about the whole ‘miracle of birth’ thing since it’s been several years since I had been born and I was busy… developing and stuff when that was happening so I obviously wasn’t paying attention. Plus I was fighting for resources with my brother Jake and I’m sure that was pretty distracting.

Okay so I don’t know a lot pregnancy so I have no idea if she had the kid yet or not or if she’ll be so bloated that if I touch her she’s going to burst. How to the babies even come out? Actually that’s a question I’m totally okay with not answering. I’m perfectly content being (relatively) ignorant of that whole thing.

But I would like to find Rexanna and see how she was doing. The problem with the Basin though is that it’s just so big. Honestly it could take a couple days to wander around all the caves and all the little areas where she could be hiding so I decide to employ the most effective search method I can think of: I find the dead centre of the big open field - just a little north of the lake, and plop my butt down in the snow and wait. She was bound to walk by at some point and I was relatively certain that she would come over and say hi. If she was still pregnant we could waddle around together!

I sway a little on my spot and start humming a tune - I’ll probably just wait here until my butt starts to get numb from the cold or my legs fall asleep. It’s only midday and with the light snow that has started up and the prospect of seeing one of my friends - well, it was already a pretty great day.
come with me, honey
I'm your sweet sugar candyman
image credits

for @Rexanna <3
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
maybe i could find someone
I had spent many nights sleepless due to a mix of Rein being so young still and everything that had happened between Tembovu and I. It was difficult to sleep anymore and I often stayed awake with frightening nightmares that resembled my time with that horrible lung disease I contracted from Ilios. It was scary to think that someone I loved so much could turn into the person I hated the most. Though I suppose Tembovu had begun to live that way lately. Knowing that I was a thief and untrustworthy, but still trusting enough to where I had broken his large heart. It was a heavy burden to bear and I felt like crumbling at the feeling.

Today I had left my golden boy with his father to play with Lochan and Rakt while I searched for something to take my mind off of sleepless nights. I was rounding back from the Haruspex cave in search of my own cave to hopefully get some decent sleep when at first I smelled the peppermint man. I shifted my ears to his direction, seeing that he was sitting directly in the middle as if he searched for someone. I watched him for a moment before bringing my sluggish joints forward, plopping a smile onto my face that seemed to take the rest of my energy.

Johnny, my friend. What’re you up to?” I questioned him gently as I grew in closer, reaching my head out to him to greet him with my nose on his cheek. Breathing in his scent as if it were an addiction. I situated myself again, shifting my weight and watching him for mere moments. Wondering just what he was doing out here all alone in the middle of the day with snow beginning to drift down on the two of us.
"Talk."
rexanna
image credits

@Johnny :3
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Outcast
Well would you look at that, sit around with a frozen butt long enough and the one you seek will be sure to wander on by! I don’t even know what the chances are that this happened (actually it was a 100% chance because, well, the whole ‘this thread is for her’ thing but I’m not supposed to know about that). I am thrilled either way! I scramble up to a standing position and return her greeting gesture. Ah! This is why I love this golden mare, she was so sweet! The Basin needed more of her.

“I was hoping to see you, actually! I just wasn’t sure where to find you so I thought I’d wait here until you passed by…” Okay so it sounds like an insane plan, right? BUT IT WORKED so I don’t think anyone is in a position to judge me for my plan making skills.

The mystery is solved about whether she was still pregnant… I think. She didn’t look pregnant any more but suddenly I wasn’t sure how big mares got when they were pregnant. What if I said something about it and said the wrong thing? I didn’t want to insult her because I actually LIKE her. “I just wanted to see how you were doing?! And the wee baby?” That was a safe way to ask, right? “I didn’t know where your cave was and I didn’t want to show up just in case you and Ashamin were…” I trail off, not-so-subtly and a grin tugged at the corner of my mouth. If I had eyebrows I’d wiggle them a little bit to emphasize the point. Maybe the baby needed a little brother or sister!

Again, I don’t really know much about biology so I’m just going to continue making wild assumptions in my head until she talks and stops me.
come with me, honey
image credits

@Rexanna
please tag in all posts

The snow had begun to fall a bit harder on the peppermint stallion and the golden Thief. She stood, waiting to hear what he had been doing sitting in the snow, letting his candy bum get frozen on the Basin grounds. As he spoke, she listened. Fluted ears pointed in his direction as her smile grew in size as he said he was looking for her. A slight nod of her head to him as if to agree that it was a great way to find her. Before she could speak, however, he wanted to know how Rein and her were doing and proceeded to speak of being unsure where Rex’s cave was and whether or not he wanted to show up in case Ashamin was there.

She shook her head briefly to the candy man with a slight giggle of a laugh. “No, you don’t have to worry about that Johnny. Rein and I are doing well! I just dropped him off to spend some time with his father.” She paused, shifting her weight a bit. “If you’d like, I can show you my cave so you know where it is?” She questioned with a tilt of her head, snow falling in small waves over the two of them landing on her golden coat and melting with her body heat. Little drops of water darkening a few different spots within the creams and golds.

The Thief looked over toward the area her cave was located in before turning her azure gaze back to the candy man, overwhelmed and pleased by his peppermint scent. It was enough to keep her mind off of things as difficult as it was. Perhaps this time with Johnny would be a great way for her to explain what had really happened between Ashamin and her. About how she couldn’t love him like a lover, but how she loved him like a brother. Yet, if that was true then how could she figure out how to explain she had slept with him?

A small sigh passed through her lips before she replaced her uncertainties with a smile. “Meanwhile, tell me how you have been? I trust that your apprentices are treating you well?” Ears flickered to him, swiveling to lose the snow that had gathered on their cream tips. She shifted her weight in a way where if Johnny had agreed to following her to her cave, she would be able to show him. She didn’t want to leave yet, however, just in case the Weaver’s legs had fallen asleep.
"Talk."
rexanna
image credits

@Johnny :D

Outcast
I get a little bit of a giggle out of Rexanna which is always something I enjoy. Those imaginary eyebrows that I would've been wiggling moments ago could have raised now. “Don't have to worry about that, huh?” I’m trying to ask as politely as I can, I actually don’t have any idea what’s going on between Rexanna and Ashamin - I’m just fond of making wild accusations. They seemed to get along well enough so I had thought those assumptions had been safe. Perhaps not though. But I’m not going to pry any further than that, it’s really not any of my business and I like them both enough to stop that wandering mind of mine. So I follow her example and listen with a smile. “I’m glad you’re doing well! If you ever need a babysitter, do feel free to call on me. Kids love me for some reason.” I shrug, the motion sending a small cloud of powdered sugar up to join in with the snow. Oh yeah, total mystery.

“But yes! I would love to know where to find you in the future.” I motion with my head for her to lead the way. Fortunately, I hadn’t been sitting on my legs long enough for them to fall asleep or freeze and there’s that usual bounce in my step again as I prepare for the journey. We could be walking to go see a pile of rocks and I’d be delighted to spend the time with Rexanna. Always such a sweetheart!

She asked after me as well (see, what did I say about her being a sweetie) and I smile warmly at her as we start walking through the flurry that was turning the Basin into a fairytale setting. “Oh just wonderful! I’ve got quite a few of them now, you know. Only I don’t really know what to do with all of them.” That bright smile of mine faded a bit and my pink nose crinkled into a thoughtful frown. It was easy when I was the only Weaver, all I had to do was find enough work to keep myself entertained and that was, uh, very easy to be nice about it. “I’ve never had to delegate before, you know.” It all felt rather grown-up and I wasn’t sure I was about that.

come with me, honey
image credits

@Rexanna
please tag in all posts

As the Weaver began to move, Rexanna could only giggle at his assumptions. Then as he offered to be a babysitter, the Thief sighed with such relief. “That would be fantastic, Johnny. I can tell he’s getting bored of his father and I.” Cream lips danced into a smile as she breathed in the gentle scent of peppermint that danced from his pelt. Then as he spoke of wishing to see her cave, she nodded and began to walk in the direction of her home. Out past the center and near the hot springs, the place of which she had met Johnny for the very first time.

He began to answer her question of the apprentices, which allowed the golden mare to nod her head along with him. “That’s when you make them do all your dirty work. That way your sweetness doesn’t have to sweat.” She turned her head to him, gazing at him with mischievous hints until another gentle laugh passed through her lips. “We’re lacking in the sneak ranks. I don’t think I’ve met another one of my kind that’s still a sneak. The only others I’ve met were Thranduil and Hotaru. So I guess you could say I’m doing it all myself for now.” She nodded along with what she was saying.

A little bit of a journey had passed as the snow continued to fall before they reached the threshold to Rexanna’s cave. Turning her exotic striped head to him, she offered him a small smile. “It’s a bit small, but you and I shouldn’t have to complain about it.” She grinned to him then, taking note of their lack in height. “Even with Rein here, it gets to be a bit lonely, y’know? I’ve never really spent all of my time here. I travelled, learned new things, met new people. Fell in love even. It’s all so different now.” She admitted rather involuntarily. She had hoped she could have at least spoken an introduction to these words, but no. Here the Thief was blabbering about her problems with absolutely no incentive as to why.

But it was there, and it was all out in the open.
"Talk."
rexanna
image credits

@Johnny , OH SNAP.

Outcast
“Sweating is bad for my complexion…” I chuckled along with her teasing as we walked comfortably together. I wasn’t sure I’d be any good at delegating but I supposed I was going to have to get in some practice. Eldala had shown she knew some handy tricks with dying wool and Calder and Ahvelyn both seemed interested in helping out. “That’s too bad about the sneak ranks though… I’ll keep my eye out for someone that might have a talent for it! There’s that old chap, Albrecht, who doesn’t have a job yet. I conned him into helping me with some herb gathering, you know, but I don’t think he’s all that interested in crafting.”

Now I’m pretty used to not having any idea where a conversation might be going, it’s a talent. Either I’m just rambling away and my mind goes to all these wonderful places or someone else is talking and although I swear I’m paying attention the next thing we know we’re talking about something totally different! Conversation is so weird. Anyway, I really didn’t expect the bomb that Rexanna dropped on me just then. Here I was, planning on complimenting her cave, when she started to get all deep on me. I didn’t mind, of course, I only was worried about how sad she seemed when she said it - being lonely, talking about her adventures and love as though they were things of the past and had left her behind. No, I can’t have that! I like to see my friends smile.

“Why, you say that like it’s a bad thing! I thought love was supposed to be a happy occasion?” I had, to date, fallen in love 15 times - though I’m pretty sure we weren’t talking about the same level of love. Rexanna seemed to be speaking about something I had not been lucky enough to experience yet in my life. The love I knew was shallower, freely given. I rarely met someone that I didn’t love - or something for that matter.

After regarding her with a tilted head I smiled encouragingly - lifting one of my forelegs and making a ‘do continue’ gesture. “Well why don’t you tell me all about it? If you’ve found love, then why do you spend your time in the cave feeling lonely?” I would sit down on my haunches to further demonstrate my willingness to listen, if she wished to talk, but I was a little worried that if I sat down again I might not be able to get back up so easily. But I was entirely relaxed anyway, watching her with an easy smile and hoping that if she wanted to talk, she’d be comfortable enough with me to do so.
come with me, honey
image credits

@Rexanna <33
please tag in all posts

Small talk was something that Rexanna did enjoy. It helped keep her mind off of her own problems and she could focus more on other people’s issues. It was a relief almost to her, yet when she involuntarily dropped the ball on Johnny, she watched him with wide eyes – unsure how the Sugar King would handle it. She lowered her head slightly, looking away from him almost as if she were bashful from having said anything. She wondered briefly about the old man Albrecht and how she had never really spoken to him much. But she knew that he could be a bit of a back talker, age and all. Though it did remind her often of the elders from back home and how they always seemed to get pissy about things that one had no control over.

But when Johnny spoke of love being a happy occasion, she returned her crowned head to face him, head lifting up slightly with a small smile to him. His gesture and continuation of words had her watch him gently, drinking in his words and company as much as she could. A small sigh escaped her lips briefly before her gaze dropped from him once again. “Love is wonderful, don’t get me wrong. However, this love has – well, it seems as though it’s died.” Her voice grew heavy with the words and the tightness in her chest was beginning to distract her slightly. “I can’t stop thinking about him and yet he’s moving on. I can’t seem to.” She admitted with a bit of a shrug as if it were no big deal – when it was. It was a giant deal to her and she still couldn’t understand why it was bothering her so much.

I stay in the cave with Rein because the man I love isn’t his father.” Her voice grew quieter with a bit of embarrassment, her ears tilting back in uncertainty as her sheepish blue gaze landed on him, hoping to capture his emerald gaze with such information. Would he think differently of her knowing that she didn’t love Ashamin like she wanted to?

"Talk."
rexanna
image credits

@Johnny

Outcast
I don’t judge Rexanna at all about this new information - how the one she loved was not Ashamin, the father of her child. I may be a small, sugary, pinky pony but I did understand the whole ‘hormones’ thing. Not to mention, it wouldn’t be totally out of order for her to go see if she could find the love she wanted in another - only to find out that it didn’t quite work like that. Ugh, love is great but sometimes emotions are the absolute worst. “If only it were so easy to pick and choose who we loved.” That would take all the fun out of it (or make it more fun… I can’t decide) but it would certainly make situations like this a little easier. I can’t say I’ve ever been in her situation - having not had the same sort of heart aching love that Rexanna seemed to be so vexed with today. Maybe it was part of the curse I bore that turned me into a walking and talking candy cane but I just had not formed that connection with anyone yet.

The connections I made were considerably lighter and there was never a thought of it dying.

I want to help, want to take away the heaviness I can hear in her voice that makes my icing-filled heart ache on her behalf. Surely there was something that could be done! “Are you sure that this fellow is moving on? That this weight isn’t on his heart as well?” Rexanna didn’t seem to be the sort of mare that you just move on from. She was the whole package! A little tall for me, perhaps, but a pony can dream right? I am certainly liberal with what my 'type' is anyway, ranging from mysterious, dark knights to fluffy, sweet fairies. Always good to mix it up!

Oh right, we're not talking about me.

“Did something happen? Or did the love just… fizzle out?” I quickly realize that I was playing 1923423 questions with her and laughed at myself. “Listen to me, grilling you like it’s a test! You don’t have to answer any of them, duh, I just hate seeing you so sad so maybe we can get to the bottom of this together!”
come with me, honey
image credits

@Rexanna
weaver, shrink... they're the same thing right?
please tag in all posts

She breathed in the mountain air as a way to try and calm her nerves as Johnny took in the information she gave him. Her ears perked to him and head bobbed in agreement for his first statement, knowing that life would be much easier if you could choose who you loved. But that would be a crime against fate, wouldn’t it? Her ivory mane adorned with ashen tips swayed with her movements, fluttering down across her neck and shoulders as her head came to a rest. The monochrome color in stark contrast to the ivory ruby ribbons that streamed from Johnny’s own tantalizing body. Her eyes seeking his out with the intention of clinging onto his every word.

Are you sure that this fellow is moving on? That this weight isn’t on his heart as well?

His question sent her mind reeling. Her eyes widened slightly as she averted her gaze to look upon the rough stone floor. “I – I don’t know.” She stuttered, stumbling over words that should have been so simple to say. “We had an argument on the beach in front of Hotaru’s sister. Then I saw him briefly in the Threshold where he seemed to act regal enough. I don’t know how he feels about this…” She paused, head lifting to look upon Johnny’s face. “I’m afraid he won’t speak to me.” A frown found her lips. And then the peppermint pony continued on, words causing Rexanna’s mind to dance around all the options. Had it fizzled out? Or had it already been dying from the beginning?

It wasn’t until his laugh caught her from her thoughts that she came into hearing the rest of his words. She smiled softly to him with a small shrug. “No, don’t worry. You’re really helping.” She nodded again to him. “I’m not sure really. It’s always been rocky from the start? Is it possible that love can start to die before it’s even began?

"Talk."
rexanna
image credits

@Johnny , THE SWEETEST SHRINK AROUND!

Outcast
Well I gotta say, I don’t know who this jerk was but he certainly didn’t sound good enough for Rexanna. Picking arguments! Acting regal?! Just who does this guy think he is? Messing around with my friend’s heart like that. Well, he sounds like someone that could stand to be lectured by a pint-sized candy pony that’s for sure. But there is hope, at least, as far as Rexanna’s hopes go. I don’t know how helpful it would be for me to tell her that he’s not worth it so I’m not going to quite phrase it like that. I’ll be supportive! I think that’s what she needs.

Maybe another roll in the cave too… I’ll have to see if Ashamin’s up for it.

But that’s a problem to be solved at a later time. When she looks up to my face I offer her a smile - not the normal bouncy one I sport but a kind, encouraging one. Or, it feels like that’s what’s going on with my face - for all I know I look horribly constipated. It’s the thought that counts, right? “I bet he was just acting regal to save face. You can’t just go causing a ruckus in front of the newbies in the threshold!”  

Like that one time I got licked and had to pretend that was just no big deal. Which it totally isn’t. But still.

“I don’t believe in doomed lovers, I gotta say. I think sometimes we just get so worried about it that we accidentally sabotage it all because it’s hard and we like for love to be easy!” It rarely was. Well, maybe it was a little easier for me but I’m not as smart as Rexanna or most of Helovia. There’s not a whole lot going on in that sugar-flavoured brain of mine so things tend to be pretty simple for me.

“But I’ll bet you could get him to talk to you, though next time it should probably be just the two of you… no sisters or outsiders. It’ll be easier to say stuff that way. And be honest. No one ever wins when we cover up our feelings.” Gods I’m feeling wise right now. I don’t really know where this is coming from so I’m not going to stop talking just in case it goes away. “And if he still won’t talk to you, I’m afraid he’s just not worth it. Don’t let him make you think that whatever happened is only your fault. Males tend to do that, I dunno why.” Oh sugarcookies was I not going to say that?

“I apologize on behalf of my gender.”
come with me, honey
image credits

@Rexanna xD
please tag in all posts

I bet he was just acting regal to save face. You cant just go causing a ruckus in front of the newbies in the threshold!

And just like that, she laughed. She had to agree, but the fact that the Elephant King knew of the creature that passed through the Threshold, she felt as though saving face wasn’t exactly what it was. Perhaps he was just embarrassed at the fact that Kiuaji had seen her and how similar she looked to Mara? Maybe that was true, or it wasn’t and he was just being genuinely nice. Which was something that Rexanna felt hard to believe considering all of the drama that she had put him through. Though as much as she liked to blame herself for many of the issues, she knew that she wasn’t the only one with them in their relationship. And maybe that’s why she laughed? Or the fact of a dramatic beginning crossing through her mind. Welcome to Helovia, here’s a stupid love triangle, try to find your way around? Good luck?

Either way, her small laugh ended in a smile as her blue orbs danced across the peppermint man as he continued. He spoke of not believing in doomed lovers and she felt her heart skip a beat. Maybe she did have a chance after all? Provided their time apart hadn’t caused his heart to shift. Regardless of what Rexanna did between the sheets, she found herself constantly thinking of that Dorobian stag. And she couldn’t stop. Even with others. Was that such a bad thing?

I would like love to be easy. But then it wouldn’t be as interesting, I guess.” She admitted, her smile beginning to falter slightly. As Johnny continued, her ears perked to him and she listened. Hanging onto every word as if she was a filly again and the storytellers had sat her down for a lesson. Her lips pursed as he spoke of being honest and she shook her head. “Ever since he found out I’m the Thief here, he doesn’t trust anything that I say?” Clenching her teeth slightly before opening her maw to sigh slightly. “There’s no harm in trying though.

Though as he continued, she felt her chest grow tight at his words. That was something she needed not to do but she couldn’t help herself from doing it anyway. She blamed herself for everything that happened here. And despite how much she thought she had changed since crossing that disastrous threshold, and moved up in the ranks, she found herself right back to how she was as she escaped the wrath of Calstron. So instead, she offered him a small smile and a nod. “I’ll try. And Johnny, your apology is more than enough for your gender. You’re sweeter than – well, er… anything I know of? Even physically.” She laughed in a small attempt to change the subject before she decided to cry again in front of him.

"Talk."
rexanna
image credits

@Johnny LOL <3