the Rift

[OPEN] Time to go

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
I'd sell my soul just to see your face. 
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
His heart swelled as silver eyes looked up at the towering mountains. They seemed to disappear behind the swirling clouds above them. Ilios wondered briefly how high the icy and rock really went as he paced outside of the herd lands. After so long he was ready to bring his daughter home. 'I wonder how much she has changed.' He felt horrible for having left her to the unicorns, but she was with her mother, Eden. Every foal needed their mother, even if they did eventually leave. The gold and teal stallion flicked the long hairs of his forelock out of his bright eyes anxiously. He was ready to storm the Basin, find his daughter and take her home. Home. He missed the sun and sand that were a part of him now. Initially he had thought of leaving the desert to live with his daughter. Instead he found himself putting it off looking for reasons not to leave. He longed to watch his beautiful daughter grow to love the harsh land he had fallen for. He allowed his mind to wonder to the future as the sun slowly rose. He had stood around since late the night before impatient for the sun to rise to a respectable level.

Two hours or so, that felt like a year, found the stallion moving towards the Basin. Two monstrous creatures rose from the snow before him. Nostrils quivered and dilated as he neared the metal and horse creatures. They had glowing red eyes that seemed to follow his movement as the stallion approached. A frown touched his handsome face as he gazed up at the closest one, wondering what their purpose was. His head cocked slightly to the right as he watched the things curiously. They hadn't seemed to move, yet, so maybe he was okay. Careful to keep his eyes on them the stallion took a deep breath before calling out loudly. H only prayed the lion's den wouldn't be as horrible with the horn perched upon his head. Self-consciously the man pulled his silver and teal wings in close to his body. He was careful to stand neutrally unwilling to start a fight with all the wing haters in their own home.

"Talk."
Words;; 372 
OOC/Tags;; @Rexanna @Maui anyone <3
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
This day was like any other. I had begun getting Rein used to sleeping throughout the night which allowed me more and more time to actually manage to get a few hours of sleep. However, the wear of pregnancy and lack of sleep had begun to take its toll on me physically. I had lines of exhaustion that fell along my face, mostly around my eyes as well as the slowly growing less swollen barrel that had carried my golden son within my womb. Though, as Rein and I began to wake up and enjoy the freshly fallen snow once again, I emerged from my cave shooting a glance toward Rein before looking up to the grant entrance the Basin always held. Yet this time, things looked different. A visitor, perhaps?

Casting my motherly blue gaze back to my son, I smiled to him. “What do you say that we go and see who the person at the border is?” I questioned him gently, knowing that more than likely he would follow me wherever I went. As long as there was excitement, Rein seemed to find his way involved in it. So I set out past the Sentinels with my golden child in toe just to see who this creature might be.

Upon a closer inspection, the face was quite familiar. I looked back at Rein with an excited glance to make sure he had followed. Once we arrived to the border, I smiled fondly to my feathered friend. “Ilios! What a wonderful surprise. I take it you’d like to move in?” I smiled to him, remembering our encounter from previously after the chance to get a companion had passed. I wondered what he would think to see my child with me, knowing that we both had children now. Would it make things different for him? I looked down to Rein for a few moments, beaming to the child. “Do you remember that man from the Dragon’s Throat that I told you about? The one that could fly?” I questioned him, waiting briefly before looking up to the teal plumed stallion. “This is him, love. Ilios, this is Rein. My son.” I smiled to him with a wide excited smile before letting my gaze fall back down to the leggy golden colt.

"Talk."
Sweetie,
you had me.
image credits

@Rein @Ilios
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Maui Posts: 6
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 10 Months :: Ages in Tallsun
Candy

Maui
The little filly still bore the same naivety from her first steps as she did now. Not much time had particularly passed through her but she had grown and surpassed all expectations of herself. Maui remained the pale little princess that clung to her mother's side with the promise of milk and warmth. But the golden points of her bodice and the leaves crested along her skull and horn spoke out that she wanted more. She had not done anything adventurous up to this point, never leaving her mother's side. But that also meant that she had had never been given the chance to explore or meet others. She had been kept firmly away from the limelight, even within their own territory - something that Maui did not yet fully understand.

Did she understand anything yet? Perhaps. She knew how to get sustinence. She knew her surroundings somewhat. She knew her parents. At least, one of them. But the ivory and golden fae hadn't known how to rebel before, and that was what she was going to do today. At almost two moons old it was time, she thought to herself. I'm old enough to do this.

And so she snuck away from the protection of her mother. Not quite knowing anything outside her comforting little bubble she was quite alone and the thrill was exhilirating. She was free! The little filly tossed her tiny daggers up in the air as her bodice bounced with ease across the harsh terraria of the Aurora Basin, touching new grass and foliage and trees as she did so with small squeals of joy. Why had she not wandered before? In what felt like eternal darkness in these seasons, Maui had not spotted what lay ahead, perhaps due to her youth or stupidity, but almost certainly due to the lack of lighting. There before her were three: a strange fae, that meant nothing to her. But what clung to her did, a golden splashed colt that was a bit younger than her. He looked like fun. So much fun perhaps that she had not spotted the most important creature she longed to see: her father. Bouncing up the threesome with keen eagerness and absolute indifference to what was being spoken Maui attempted to jump on the little colt,
"Hello! I'm Maui! Do you want to play? I'm on my own. Would you like to be my friend?" The words tumbled out in the same way she did, clumsy and spectacularly with a tiny squeaky voice that gave away her youth. She wanted to play with the leggy creature, paying no attention to the adults that were there.

Fillies...

[OOC: Sorry for the delay! An excited Maui :D]

" . "

image credits

@Ilios @Rexanna @Rein

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
[Image: 56933a9cc0382]
R E I N

He didn't understand why they stayed in the cave so often. He didn't understand fatigue, nor did he understand what his mother had gone through to bring him into the world. All he understood was that he was bored in this cave, his only solace being his mother and the harmless creatures that would sometimes sneak into their home. He liked the bats, and he liked the insects, especially the more he watched them.

There was a particular insect that had been fascinating him as of late. It had lofty pale brown wings with black spots and a pink stripe or two. It was large, and would hang around primarily on the walls, sometimes flittering in or out of the cave, but always returning. He dubbed it Squeak. he had no particular reason for calling it Squeak other than he liked the way it sounded. He was rather disappointed when Squeak left for the day, forcing the boy to find another source of entertainment. Luckily for him, his mother already had something in mind.

The golden boy nodded excitedly at her suggestion, bounding to her side as quickly as he could manage. He was pleased to leave the cave, and once they did so, his navy blue gaze hunted his surroundings for Squeak, or at least, something equally as amusing. He paid little attention to his mother, or who she was talking to, for the boy was intent on finding Squeak.

But she began to address him, and so the boy looked back to his mother, tiny brow furrowed. Had she found Squeak? No, but she had found something as equally as amusing. A taller stallion stood before them, one with exotic green spiraling around his body and protruding from limbs on his shoulders. Rein's mouth fell open, head tilting to one side. He nodded slowly, stepping forward tentatively. He remembered his mother speak of those who could fly, but at the time, he had taken her story as just that: a story.

Yet, standing here was a pegasus. Rein was filled with wonder and excitement, and looked to his mother with a grin. His imagination had practically come to life. "Hi," He murmured shyly, instinctively leaning into the familiarity of his mother's coat. He found solace in her fur, in her scent, making him feel a bit less nervous about meeting the winged one. But despite his nerves being calmed down, he still didn't know what else to say. He almost wanted to ask what flight was like, but didn't at the same time, fearful that this hybrid would let his imagination down.

Fortunately, he didn't have to worry about what to say. Unfortunately, it was because he was being jumped on. The colt let out a squeal of excitement, whirling around to face whoever had approached him properly. He found it was a girl with a coat the color of snow, dipped in a shade similar to his own golden hues. She had a horn, like he did, but also a crown to encompass it. He was taken aback, realizing that this was the first foal he had ever met.

Speaking to someone closer to your own size, he found, was much easier than speaking to someone larger. He nodded eagerly at the girl, smiling widely at her words. "Sure, hi, I'm Rein! I can play if my Mommy says I can," He replied, glancing hopefully at his mother. He mouth please to her over and over again, a pleading gleam in his oceanic gaze. He was sure he could not only keep up with the larger filly, but find quite a bit of adventure in her.

@Ilios @Rexanna @Maui

son of a thief and a priest

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
He stood silently, sure they would come and demand to know what he wanted. The stallion wasn't scared, maybe nervous, but not scared. He thought mildly of the scars his mother carried upon her light hide. She had been attacked by a unicorn that had lived here. Was that mare still here? It had been years since the attack, so maybe she had moved on or perished. Either way he was sure a lot could have changed since that mauling. The golden and teal stallion shook his short mane allowing his long forelock to cover his face.

It didn't take very long for the sound of hooves to reach his ears. Silver eyes gazed over the snowy land before him searching for the unicorn. The he noticed the beautiful golden pelt and silvery white hair. A massive smile covered his face in an instant as Rexanna made her way towards him. His heart hammered in his a chest filled with longing. She looked just as excited and happy to see him as he felt. Then another smaller form caught his attention. His heart twisted causing his brows to furrow for a moment before he shoved the thoughts away. Instead he reached for her trying to touch her black marked face gently. "Rexanna, it's great to see you!" He took a deep breath before speaking again picking his words carefully. "I've decided against moving in right now. My coat isn't nearly heavy enough to move in right before winter." He tried to make it a joke, playing off the fact he wasn't going to move in.

He fell silently as she turned to the babe behind her. She had spoken of him, that had to mean something right? His heart leaped as he lowered his horned head towards the young boy. "It's a pleasure to meet you Rein." He smiled warmly and playfully tired to bump the colt's handsome forehead. 'Who is your father?' He wondered for a moment before speaking to him again. "You're a very strong colt aren't you? You'll make a mighty stallion one day." He grinned playfully, making sure to stay eye level with the boy, not wanting to frighten him.

In a flash another foal was pouncing towards the colt. He laughed and pulled his head back away from the beautiful filly. His heart soared more than any mare could ever do. His daughter stood atop the colt offering to play with him. "What no hi dad?" His thundering laughter rolled easily from his lips as he reached towards his daughter trying to nuzzle her side. "I see no reason why you can't play, but where is your mother?" He watched her for a moment before turning to Rex. "Have you seen Eden anywhere?" It was odd the mare wasn't keeping a closer eye on their daughter. He would have to have a firm talk with her. His brows furrowed as he looked at Rex. "Excuse our manners Rexanna, and Rein, this is my daughter Maui." He turned smiling proudly at his silver and gold daughter.

Talk
Words;; 510
OOC/Tags;; @Rexanna @Maui @Rein anyone <3

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
Just like that, before the hybrid could speak, an ivory figure with golden accents came into view. The child was graced with the same ivy set that Ilios had and Rexanna instantly made the connection. The filly bounded to Rein and Rexanna watched with a bit of a gentle laugh as she surprised her son. The squeak he emitted was enough to let Rexanna melt into a ball of much until his voice came to her, his smile wide on his lips as if he had never seen anything like this. When in reality, he never had. So the Thief nodded to her son, excited to see him enjoy his youth with other children. “Of course, Rein. Have fun.” She beamed to him before turning her blue gaze back onto her old friend.

Oh, c’mon Ilios. We have a hot springs. Hot water all year round for when those of us get a little chilly.” She winked to him with a small laugh on the tip of her tongue. She watched the father daughter interaction in silence, listening and enjoying the happiness that she seemed to fill him with. “Children are great, aren’t they?” She finally broke the silence with more of a mutter – perhaps to herself or to the both of them. She wasn’t entirely sure. He asked if Rexanna had seen Eden around, but the golden Thief could only shake her head. “I haven’t, unfortunately. She hasn’t been to any gatherings lately. I can assure you that your daughter is being well taken care of, though.” She nodded to follow along her words, blue gaze flickering to the child as Ilios spoke of her name. “Oh what a beautiful name for such a beautiful child.” A smile turned up the corner of her lips as she watched the child interact with her own; but being on the Basin borders was full of more business rather than play.

So she turned her gaze to the hybrid once more, her smile faltering slightly. “So are you going to join us?” Tilting her head lightly, she reached to press her nose to his cheek to return his touch from their eventful greeting. Part of it was almost as if to guilt him into staying. She needed more friends, more friends that knew of her and her history. And what better than to have Ilios there to keep tabs on his child if the mother wasn’t to be found? She began to watch his facial features, hopeful that he would agree to staying.

"Talk."
Sweetie,
you had me.
image credits

@Rein @Maui @Ilios
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Maui Posts: 6
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 10 Months :: Ages in Tallsun
Candy

Maui

The little filly watched the golden colt with eager anticipation and the desire to play literally bounced within her and physically showed through her own bouncing on her tiny pillars. The energy soaring through her was what had caused her jump on the little stranger, but his golden body seemed to have embraced it. His ruby markings spread across his cranium with his obsidian horn that when she peeked back at his mother, was draped with the same golden lining. The first creature she had met that was her age, and this made Maui incredibly happy.

He answered with a voice that eeked out youth, and she smiled with an extreme energy and happiness. He said that she would be able to play with him given that his mother would permit it, and Maui waited for Rein's mother. And she agreed. With that response she jumped back to face the colt and spoke with an eager high pitched tone,
"That's great! What do you want to play?" She bounded in each direction with her pillars going in the opposite ways she wanted and typical nature's law permitted that she fell over.

Brushing herself off as she hit the hard ground, Maui had barely noticed that her own father was still here, and he made it clear that he wanted to be noticed. The golden tipped fae listened to him before she went about continuing to play with Rein. She sighed and looked at his pale pools before answering, "Hi father," the coils in her brain felt strange speaking with her father as she had not seen him since birth. But now her mother had disappeared, Ilios was perhaps the only family she currently had. Rexanna did all the speaking for her, trying to explain where her mother had gone, but Maui herself ignored the dame and spoke directly to Ilios, "I'm fine, father! Mummy's gone somewhere and she left me here, I can look after myself!" But clearly, she couldn't...

" . "

[OOC: I'm so sorry this took so long and it's so bad! #Life]

@Rein @Ilios @Rexanna
image credits

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
[Image: 56933a9cc0382]
R E I N

Rein was captivated by the girl, by her ivy crown and golden dipped legs. She was larger than he, happier, exuberant for seemingly no reason. He beamed back at his mother, touching his nose to her shoulder as a silent thanks for letting him play with the girl. He turned back to the larger filly, smiling wide, following her wherever she went. His shorter, onyx dipped legs bounced with hers, giggling out of excitement.

He thought for a moment, pausing when she asked what they should play. His eyes remained on the girl, his thoughts of games slowly dissipating as he noticed how pretty her horn looked in the sunlight and her eyes were. They were sort of bronze but also sort of blue and gold and all around pretty. Her mane and tail were pretty, too, both white and gold. He wondered if they were soft. They certainly looked soft.

Rein's staring was soon combated by her fall, his heart lurching in his small chest, eyes wide and round. He bounded to her side, looking over her larger pale frame with worried eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked softly, moving to help brush snow off her hide, but immediately hesitating. Maybe he wasn't supposed to do that. She seemed to be able to handle herself.

He stood awkwardly, silently, listening to family matters that he maybe wasn't supposed to know. Her mommy was gone? He looked to his own mommy, swallowing a lump in his throat as he imagined her leaving him. He couldn't stand it, she wouldn't do something like that, but if something happened...

Rein pushed the thoughts out of his mind, his indigo eyes flicking sadly back to Maui. "Me an' my Mommy..we can help you if ever need it, or somethin', yunno.." He stated shyly, a small smile lingering on his lips. He didn't know if that would even be okay with her dad, or if he was about to take her away from him as soon as he had met her. He thought that would be sad, especially because he found her to be so pretty and so nice and he hadn't even figured out a game for them to play yet.

@Ilios awkward rein is awkward x)

son of a thief and a priest

[Image: 56b8020492908]