the Rift

[PRIVATE] Do no harm

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
tilney
Aiya
The bronze brute had managed to catch the suns final rays from his perch on the porcelain cliffs of his western home. It was his favorite time of day now that he did not have to fret the suns decent and the coming of moontide; Since discovering his lanterns secret he could again see through the night like he had as a colt before his night vision was snatched away. All he had to do was chant a praise to the heavens, dedicating his awe to the sun god with the salute in his elvish mother-tongue - Aiya was the word, and Hail was its meaning. Hail to the sun god, the lord of the colours he saw every sunset and sunrise, the lord of light, the lord of healing.
All that remained on the horizon by now was a sliver of the Sol, his streaks of gold mixing with dusks purples and blues. The moon had taken her place, her frigid colours dominating the sky. 

Turning his ashen nares from the oceanic duskscape, Tilney tread back into the woods and into blindness. This blackness though was a simple fix.
 "Aiya!" the flaxen bellowed, eyes closed and maw pulled wide in a smile as he felt the air tremble under the wake of the small flame erupting in his lantern. Opening his verdant gaze to the woods, Tilney proudly looked over each tree he could not see before his trusty candle was lit. Its light sliced through Orangemoons mist, alerting owls and attracting moths. 
While Tilney felt quite settled at the Edge he was yet to begin his duties as a nurse. He simply could not wait to begin his training and learn the ins and outs of a physicians role. 

Perhaps I might pay the doctors a visit? was his first thought as his marble clefts thread him around trees and past fellow edge citizens. Yes, before settling under his usual tree for the night he would introduce himself to the unnamed Edgers who were to take him under apprenticeship and show him the ropes. With frostfall approaching, his summers adventures had come to a close. it was time to settle down for the cold coming winter and really be a part of the herd. 

Tip-toeing between each trunk, Tilney made the swift journey towards the greenhouses where he hoped to find the Moon Doctors, but made a stop at the tree he had claimed. Reaching up to a small hollow, he took in his mouth the various exotic herbs and flowers he had gathered on his travels; he had wanted to inspect them for healing properties but only under the supervision of someone much more experienced then he. He would bring the flora as a gift, and hoped the doctors would approve. His mouth perhaps was not the most ideal place to store these unidentified shoots, leaves and petals, and so he quickly tucked them in the folds of his green cloaks hood, just under the collar.

The trek to the greenhouses did not take him long at all; he was there in only a few minutes at a canter. Tilneys green gaze searched the gardens for the presence of a doctor, nurse, anyone? No life was to be seen, and only the soft throaty croak of frogs was heard over the crashes of distant waves. Creeping slowly into the greenhouse, Tilney found an empty space on a shelf among odd concoctions and placed his gift of exotic fauna where he hoped it would be found. Oh well, at least they'll get my gift! was his thoughts as he began his exit through the garden.

OOC; 
Wardrobe; His green cloak and lions mane collar.
image credits

@Alysanne

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
A
L
Y
S
A
N
N
E
The partially-built greenhouse and the gardens around them had been mostly untouched since Resplendence removed what she could and took to the Falls. For the better part of the last year Alysanne had not had the heart to go and mend the plants that had been left over nor gather new ones. This had been her friend’s haunt - she had slept just over there with her little canopy. Everything in this corner of the Edge reminded her not only of her former Moon Doctor companion but of everyone she had lost since she had joined Helovia. Kahlua was missing, Resplendence and Brisa had stayed in the Falls.

But she was gradually learning that she needed to focus more on what she had instead of what had been lost. She still had her children, her sister had found her and was now an esteemed member of the Edge, she was still a Moon Doctor and could still heal. Every once in awhile, though, she just needed to remind herself of what her job here was.

Evening was a hell of a time to start, the light fading around her as she moved toward the garden. Memories played in her mind as she moved, quiet as she could. She knew these woods by heart now, recognized the changes that came to it every year. She walked them because she refused to fly, recognized the tingle of fir and pine and maple along her wings and legs as she rounded the large trees, and though she had not come here in some time her hooves new the way - the soft tingle that she associated with the nutrients that leeched from them wherever she stood was something she first discovered in that garden. She’d spend any spare time there, feeding the gardens and encouraging them to grow.

What she wasn’t expecting was for there to be someone else already there. The glow of his lantern alerted her in the dimming light and for a moment Alysanne was wary and considered turning back. Hemlock, stuffed on moths that he snatched up in their evening flight, returned to her as her courage wavered and landed on her head - encouraging her forward.

There was someone standing in the greenhouse and she lingered on the outside - preferring the open air but also feeling wary and unwilling to walk into a closed area with a stranger. “Hello in there! Is everything alright?” It wasn’t often that someone else ventured to the garden in the night and her wariness faded into concern that this was someone seeking medical attention.

table by sevin | image by abba | Image Credit

@Tilney
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
tilney
Aiya
By now Tilney was not expected to see anyone out this late, let alone be caught in the greenhouse. In fact, he thought it was more likely to stumble upon a monster at night time then another equine. His childish fears danced inthe shadows, his emerald pair of sight-givers tracing nervously over each haunting black shape. Of course, the airy faes voice caught him quite by surprise and he nearly jumped right out of his skin. Dainty marble hooves flicked and swayed with his leaping bronze bodice, accidentally knocking over various potted plants. Upon landing Tilney quickly turned to face the glass-distorted figure of a pegasus.“Hello in there! Is everything alright?” she had cooed to the tongue-tied buck. Tilney took a moment to collect himself, eyes flicking from the seemingly worried fae outside to the mess he had made inside the greenhouse.

"Yes, quite alright thank you! I am so sorry, I have knocked some of your plants..." He mumbled in reply. Tossing the terracotta pots upright with his nose, Tilney tucked each plant back into its earthy bed. Slinking out from the greenhouse and into the moonlight, Tilneys eyes gaught a similar green gaze. The startled doe was splashed in a palette of ivory and ash and was the proud owner of a pair of white-grey pennons. "I am sorry madame, It is late I know... I only came to bring a gift before the day was out but I seem to have arrived later then I anticipated!" Turning excitedly on his hocks, Tilney stepped once again into the greenhouse and plucked the plants from the shelf where he had placed them only moments ago. 

"Some interesting, rare flora I have found in my travels. I'd quite like to investigate them for healing properties!" Placing the small bundle of flora on his back, Tilney turned to stand perpendicular to the unfamiliar mare and show her each individual flower and vine. "This one looks like you!" He laughed, plucking a flower from the bunch which proudly displayed petals of white and ebony with green pollen. "I am Tilney" was his final cheer, green eyes gazing cheerfully at the pegasi.

OOC; 
HWFHEIFHWOIJWIHRKJEFNDWA SO SORRY I TOOK SO LONG MUSE PROBLEMS FFS
image credits

@Alysanne

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
A
L
Y
S
A
N
N
E
She did feel bad about startling him but Alysanne biting her lip to stifle the laughter as he jumped and ended up knocking into some of the potted plants - relieved that nothing seemed to require urgent medical attention - there was simply a visitor. When he apologized, though, for knocking over some of the plants Alysanne was quick to shake her head with a smile. “Oh don’t worry about that, they’re only plants. We can put them together again easily enough.”

She stepped back to give him room to exit from the greenhouse, feeling a little ashamed that she did not recognize the antlered stallion that emerged. She really needed to get out and meet the other members of this herd. Most of the time she still expected to find Resplendence hanging out here, or hear Kahlua’s laughter through the trees, and she can’t help but wonder just how long it was going to take to not keep expecting them.

A curious smile warmed her face as he mentioned that he had a gift! After going back into the greenhouse, he emerged once again with a small bundle of plants on his back - explaining that he had been collecting them and wished to learn of their healing factors. “Oh how wonderful! I’d love to assist.” While she wasted away, reminiscing about a herd that no longer existed, she had been missing her chances to get involved with the current herd.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Tilney. I’m Alysanne, one of the Moon Doctors.” She didn’t make a habit of introducing herself by rank but she thought it would help explain why she was here at night, why she might be able to help.

“I think we’ve got enough light, from the moon and your lantern, to take a look at these right now.” She nodded appreciatively up to the beautiful lantern hanging in his antlers. “The one that looks like me,” Her smile was bright now, easy and honest the way it used to be, as the gentle scent of the plants and the night surrounded her. “My father told me the same thing. He called it a painted lily, I don’t even know if that’s the real name.” She chuckled quietly before continuing, enjoying the warm sensation that the nostalgia brought. “But it’s very good for helping with stress, the petals have a bitter taste but a calming effect on the mind.”

She cautiously took a step forward, intrigued by the collection of plants on his back but not wanting to intrude his personal space - even glancing his way to make sure it was alright before looking at the bundle with shining eyes. “You’ve been quite busy with your collecting!” She peered at them all - recognizing most of them. Her knowledge was rusty with disuse - how long had it been since she had gone to go gather herbs? - but  ‘Grab that one, please.’ She asked Hemlock who happily obliged, swooping down and grasping a green vine with yellow, cone-shaped flowers, before flying to show Tilney the one he had picked out. “This vine is part of the nightshade family. The leaves are dangerous when eaten but they can speed along the healing of a wound by being mashed up and placed directly on the wound.”

A small, worried frown creased her black face as she looked between the bundle of plants and Tilney. “I hope you haven’t been eating any of these without knowing what they are first?” A few of them had similar properties to the vine - dangerous in some aspects but helpful in others.

table by sevin | image by abba | Image Credit

@Tilney
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries