the Rift

[OPEN] a drop in an ocean

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

There had been a heartbeat- a break away from worry. It had been ages ago that she was given a task to help get her sight back. Somehow, even though that was at the top of her list, it fell to the bottom. It got buried beneath emotions, anger, and all sorts of other nasty things.

So when she got the chance, she snuck away from the Edge. Flying through the air again was refreshing. She’d been grounded for quite a while back at the Edge, and so flying was the equivalent of freedom. Rolling around in the wind, Elsa was in no particular hurry to reach the Isles. She’d never been there before, so she wouldn’t know what she was missing until she got there. A knowing Helovia, it probably was not a great place. So she looped the loop many times before Edgar begged her continue on with her mission. She only had so much time before someone would notice her absence.

Flying towards the South, she finally found her way to a set of isles. The water rushed around them, swirling and inviting with a hint of malevolence. Taking a land on one of the islands by the inland, she began to look for a rock. A colorful one was what the God asked for. How was her half blind, aging self-supposed to find this? With an aggravated huff, Elsa began to meander along the Edges of the shore. Most of them were plain, grey, or some with faint coloring, but nothing that screamed it was worthy of being held a god. Searching, she spotted a couple of rocks that began to fade into a deep, but bright, purplish color. In the center of it all, a vibrant orange one. It would be difficult for her wings to get to it… Ugh this was going to be a long day.

@Murtagh  so I figured he could come along and help her get the orange pebble? Much excite. she's gonna love him lol

"talk"
image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
It took a few paces back and forth in a change of direction to realize it but Murtagh finally hooted with delight upon realizing his compass had a new heading. They had already been outside of the Falls, making their way back north and home in fact, and he pleaded with Eytan - his mother’s companion - to let him take one more trip. The compass was pointing south! In the complete other direction. Since the bear wasn’t his companion it was easy to assume the grunts and other odd noises bears make - which the colt had been practicing, in preparation for his own bear cub, he’ll have you know - meant agreement and he happily trotted in their new direction.

The tricky part came when they came across some water and there was no one in sight. He had skidded to a stop in the sand, his small hooves just getting a little bit wet as the waves rolled in, and a frown clouded his lavender eyes as he looked across the water. There were some islands there and Murtagh, growing bolder the closer he got to his first birthday, decided a quick swim wouldn’t be so bad, right? He was already worried that one or both of his mothers would come find him in a rage and ask him why he had been gone so long this time so getting a little wet in the process probably wouldn’t be the worst thing.

And again, luckily, he couldn’t hear the grizzly’s thoughts on the matter.

Bold with age but also with his foal hood friend - he truly believed nothing bad could ever happen while Eytan was around.

Both bear and colt were thoroughly soaked by the time they reached the other shore but Murtagh’s elation could not be quenched. He just needed to help a few more horses and he’d be able to find his bear cub! A rushed exploration of the island resulted in the finding of a nearly-white pegasus mare looking into the water. Oh! Maybe she was looking for something in particular!

Wasting no time, the unicorn colt scrambled over to see her - eyes bright in anticipation as the compass pointed straight towards the mare. “HI! I’m Murtagh! Whatcha doin? Can I help??” Winged horses were always so fascinating and he was having trouble not staring at her wings while waiting for a response. How nice it must be to be able to visit these islands and not get wet!
Image Credit
table by Sevin

permission from Klare to have the compass find Elsa <3

@Elsa
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3

Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

Well. She certainly wasn’t expecting company. At the sound of scrambling hooves and squeaky voice, Elsa turned her head, very surprised to see a long colt. She tilted her head, watching him with curiosity as he seemed so eager to help her. It took her a moment to process what had just happened- considering he came from like nowhere. Even Edgar was startled by the tiny presence. He enjoyed it though- he missed the twins as babies. Babies were so fun. Children in general were fun. ’Yeah. When they don’t come out of you.’ She retorted mentally. He just shrugged, peering over her hair to watch the youngin’ closely. 

It was then that the duo noticed a bear trailing along with him. Elsa’s ears twisted backward for a moment, and Edgar fell off of her head with a screech as he landed on the rocks. He was terrified of this boy’s companion. Elsa looked over her shoulder, signaling for him to get up. ”Uhm. Well it’s a pleasure to meet you. I am Elsa. And that is my companion Edgar,” she motioned to the white bundle on the ground next to her. ”And I suppose you could help. It looks like you’re pretty masterful swimmers.” She said, laughing at both boy and companion, both drenched in the water. Edgar clambered to his talons, hopping over to hide between Elsa’s front legs as he listened. She was going to allow such a young, unfamiliar boy to help her? He looked up in disbelief, but went with it. She knew better than him sometimes.

So Elsa turned, leading him to the shore closest to the shallow of colorful. She nodded towards the pool, trying to get him to focus on the orange one. ”See that orange pebble out there? I need it to take back to the Earth God so he can help me.” She said quickly, offering a smile. ”I would be in your debt if you could help me get it. My wings are like giant floaters. It’s hard to get underwater when they want to keep me above water.” It was actually really embarrassing telling a child she needed help swimming. It seemed really pathetic. Although, technically Pegasus weren’t swimmers at all since they could fly. With a hopeful glance, she looked between the rock and the boy. ”But if you can’t, don’t worry. I want you to be safe, I know your momma will want you home in one piece.” She added with jest. Edgar simply shook his head, hoping that this idea would work out better than he was thinking.

@Murtagh  do you want me to tag you? :3

"talk"
image credits

Outcast
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
A delighted burst of laughter erupted from the colt when the white bird plummeted from his roost on the mare. She didn’t seem too concerned so neither was he - and she moved easily on to introduce the pair of them. “Hey Edgar!” Murtagh called happily to the bundle of white feathers that was working to get itself back on it’s too feet. He had never seen a bird companion before. He wanted to inch forward to get a better look but he stayed where he was.. for now. “That’s Eytan, he’s my Papa’s.” He motioned over to the bear with a bright grin. Having grown up around bears, he didn’t really understand that the sight of them (even a companion-sized one) made some of the other horses in Helovia nervous.

Even though she laughed, Murtagh was full of pride when she mentioned that they must be masterful swimmers. They were!

And she actually needed help too! His steps were high and he was basically dancing up to her side as she started to explain what she needed help on. “OH YEAH!” He inched forward a little more and leaned over the water to get a good look and spotted the orange pebble that she was talking about. “I can totally do that! I’m glad my compass led me to someone that I can actually help since I’m so small. I bet your wings must get in the way a lot, huh?” He bet Eytan would have liked to have wings so they could have flown over here instead, but Murtagh didn’t mind so much.

Well he was totally jealous but it was easy to forget that. “I’m not supposed to swim unless my mothers are around but you’re here and same with Eytan and Edgar so I think it’ll be okay. You’ll watch out for me, right?” His lavender eyes trailed to the bear companion that was his trusty guardian to make sure that it was approved before grinning back up at Elsa - deeming her an appropriate mother-substitution for this sort of excursion.
Image Credit
table by Sevin

yes, please tag me <3

@Elsa
pixel by Kiara <3

Elsa,

A child's innocence is so fleeting. Elsa was refreshed, comforted even by Murtagh's presence. He was just as she expected- bright and full of energy. She gave a small nod to his companion, Edgar still wary of him. She just shook her head and snorted again at his sudden fear. It was obviously a companion, he wouldn't hurt them unless they bothered the boy, which was the furthest thing from Elsa's mind right now.

The boy was eager to help. His little compass he said led him to her- she could only think that he was on his own quest. She hadn't met anyone before with a tracking item like that, and she could only assume it was from one one of the Gods or the Goddess. Looks like they both could use each others company then. Elsa nodded slowly, offering the boy a comforting smile. "Of course I can! I had two girls of my own, so I know how to jump into action when its needed. Plus, my wings are a personal flotation device in case of emergency. So if you could get it that would be wonderful! I would forever be in your debt young one." A warm smile settled across her features as she carefully watched the boy. He didn't want him to go home with even a scratch, lord knows his mom and pa would never let him out again if he came back injured.

Edgar too watched with anticipation. He got as close to the edge as possible to watch boy and companion. If they could swim, that would be so cool! Edgar had always wanted to swim, but his freezing body made it difficult to enjoy it to the fullest.

@Murtagh
"talk"
image credits

Outcast
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
Oh she was a mom! Well she was alright then, obviously. All moms were cool, right? Murtagh should know - he had two! “Oh cool! I’d like to meet them one day.” He didn’t get a lot of chances to talk to other parents, it was usually the kids!

But at least now that they had established that this was as safe of an exercise as it was going to be, Murtagh was ready.  “Okay! I’ll be right back!” Full of bravado, the colt splashed into the pool - not daring to take it slow because he was already feeling a little scared but he didn’t want Eytan or Elsa to know that just yet. Taking a big, exaggerated breath the colt waded out further and dunked his head on the water - limbs flailing wildly as he fought to get his top half down enough to snatch at the pebble.

Only, he couldn’t see! A rush of bubbles went up to the surface as he panicked about not being able to see anything before realizing that he hadn’t opened his eyes yet! He felt a brush of fur against one of his legs - taking comfort in the fact that Eytan was close by as well as the mare with the flotation wings. He’d giggle about it later but for now, his lavender eyes opened under the water and he peered around and finally spotted the orange pebble that he had been looking for. A big of a scramble then to get over towards it and then he grasped the pebble in his mouth and went to the surface. “BIS ZHIS EET?” He mumbled around the pebble, grinning to show it off between his teeth, before gingerly moving back to the shore and hoping beyond hope that he didn’t drop it.

Well... okay he did but it was in the shallow water right by the shore and it was easy to pick up again. Maybe Elsa didn’t notice. But now he was dropping it - placing it gently on the ground and smiling at the three of them - bear, bird, and mare - immensely proud of the treasure he had brought up. “This one, right??”
Image Credit
table by Sevin

@Elsa

Elsa,

Elsa watched in both terror and awe as Murtagh went straight for the water. Splashes went everywhere, and Edgar flapped back up to Elsa's head to watch from above. The boy, in all his childlike bravado, dove beneath the surface. For a few moments, she watched a wildly flailing boy and a generally calm grizzly sit out in the middle of the water. Within a few moments though, the boy popped his head up, soggy and full of pride.

Although she was less worried, the boy still needed to make it back on land. Water was a very unforgiving, and wild force. He technically could be swept down the way at any moment. He waded forward, dropping the pebble once and she giggled. She turned her head away as he dove under again, pretending she didn't notice and biting back a slew of jokes that bubbled on her tongue. 

He finally managed to get out of the water, and dropped the bright orange pebble at her feet. Elsa beamed, and Edgar carefully swooped down to take the pebble in his talons and fly it back to the Edge. Elsa still had much to do out here, and didn't want to lose it in the midst of adventuring. "Why yes it is! Thank you so much, Murtagh! Where do you live? I may just have to stop by sometime and come say hi! Or, you could teach me how to swim, since your so good at it. If I can keep my wings at my side, maybe I can be as good as you!" The adoration in her voice was evident. Although Elsa knew perfectly well how to swim, she just didn't prefer it because of her wings. But if a child ever asked her too, well, she couldn't refuse.

@Murtagh  
Woop! Thanks <3 anyways I figure one more post after this and we can wrap it up? :3  
"talk"
image credits

Outcast
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
Success! Murtagh felt like his smile was just going to fly off of his face, his cheeks were burning! He loved this feeling, of having helped someone else for. But then Edger scooped up the stone and flew away with it! The foal’s smile disappeared as he watched the white bird disappear. “Hey! Where’s he going? What’d’ya even need the stone for?” What was the point in even getting the stone out of the water if her companion was just going to snatch it up and leave. This was all just a very strange day.

But his attention was distracted easily by Elsa’s joyful praise, and he was beaming once more. “I’m from the Falls! I live there with my papa and mammina, Ktulu and Lakota. I’d love for you to visit, Edgar can come too!!” Even if the bird was a little weird, taking the pebble and all. They hadn’t even had time to make a pretty picture out of it or to admire it properly. What if it was the wrong shade of orange?? “But I can totally teach you how to swim there! Have you ever been? There’s lots of ponds and rivers and stuff and I bet there’s even some deep enough for you to swim in.” Uh, yeah. He could totally teach her how to swim, even with her wings!

“I guess we should be getting back though.” He couldn’t wait to get home and tell his moms how he had finally helped someone today! Now he just needed to find three others to help out for his quest. After all this swimming, though, Murtagh could use a nap and he wondered if Eytan would be okay with finding a shady spot before they made their way back.

“I’m glad I could help you out though! If you know anyone else that needs help send them my way!”
Image Credit
table by Sevin

<3333 and thank you!
@Elsa
pixel by Kiara <3