Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

Cause all the walls of dreaming, they were torn wide open
And finally it seemed that the spell was broken
And all my bones began to shake, my eyes flew open
</style>

It had gotten to the point where every time I left the Dragon's Throat I wondered who I would find because it seemed like every time I left I found someone that had disappeared. Rhoa and Ivezho were the most recent, but I still found myself hoping that Dragomir would reappear somewhere. I missed my friend and I wanted to see him again, but at the same time I found myself angry with him. If he was leaving again he could have told me so I wouldn't be hung up with looking for him. It made me wonder just how much our friendship meant if he hadn't thought enough to tell me where he was disappearing to or when he would be back. I supposed I should just let it go and be done with it, but when you care about someone its hard to just forget them.

I sighed and I stared down at the ground that reflected the sky and I frowned to myself because as much beauty as that place might have held I could only associate it with battle. How long ago had it been that the rift god had come through? How long ago had I ran around fighting with a giant eyeball stuck to my horn? A shuddered rippled through my body as I thought about it and I forced myself to lift my head and look out at the expanse of nothingness. Try as I might I couldn't seem to see beauty in the land that the Sun God had brought us. The whole place just gave me an odd feeling that I couldn't shake.

I turned, fully intent on leaving the flats and heading back to the meadow, but as I turned I could see two figures in the distance. I squinted against the brightness of the sun reflecting on the ground, but I couldn't make out who it was. Without really thinking about it I started walking toward those two figures and I called out to them. "Hey!" And as my voice echoed I hoped that whoever it was wasn't someone that was looking for trouble.

"."

credits
Coded by Time

@Murtagh

aud pixel!

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
There were no dark thoughts of a battle clouding the mind of the young colt as he paused at the edge of the shallow lake. Nothing but light and joy at this new discovery - a place where the ground looked just like the sky! It took a few experimental steps for him to realize that the water was shallow enough to be safe and then he was off - bucking and splashing in the crystal clear water. This place was great! And so far as he could tell at the moment, completely empty! Instead of whooping and neighing like a young colt might, Murtagh took the chance to practice his bear calls and growled and roared as he pranced about. Not that these sounds were anywhere near what an actual bear sounded like but he was practicing after all!

It was in the middle of a buck that Murtagh realized he wasn’t alone because the word ‘hey!’ was echoing all around. Losing his balance, he fell into the shallow water with little ceremony. After assuring Eytan that he was okay Murtagh scrambled back to his feet and looked aorund - easily spying the black and gold figure that must’ve made the call.

Hey! He knew who that was! “HEY BIG SIS!!” Or, at least, he was pretty sure it was her.

“Mama, look!” Although Murtagh really doubted that the grizzly bear needed any help spotting the other figure. The colt made a quick snorting noise, meant to sound like the sort of happy noise a bear would make (and likely falling a bit short), before bounding off across the shallow water. “HI! remember me?!” He unceremoniously shouted at her as he approached, thinking that she better because they were siblings!
Image Credit
table by Sevin
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

Cause all the walls of dreaming, they were torn wide open
And finally it seemed that the spell was broken
And all my bones began to shake, my eyes flew open
</style>

The noises echoed in the vast emptiness that was the flats and I felt myself grinning at the attempted bear noises. I remembered trying that once or twice when I was young, but once I discovered how much I absolutely sucked at trying to communicate with Bear that way I gave up. It seemed, though, that my little brother was far more persistent than I had ever been. As I watched him I couldn't help but feel like it was a lifetime ago that I was his age, running around with Bear, trying to explore as much as I could and failing quite spectacularly. How many seasons had passed and I still hadn't explored all of Helovia?

Had I really been that small? Was I as cute as my little brother was?

I couldn't help it. I laughed when Murtagh fell into the shallow water. It wasn't one of those little giggles, but one of those laughs that you feel in your stomach. The kind of laugh that fills you up with happiness and it was exactly what I needed. He climbed back to his feet and was bounding over to me, so I waited for him. "Hey." I said once he was close. "You okay, didn't hurt anything?" I ducked my head a little to check him out because I remembered tripping and falling a lot when I was young. I remembered the sting of scraped knees and the pull of sore muscles from awkward, embarrassing falls. I think the bruised ego was what hurt the most, but that certainly didn't seem to be bothering my little brother.

"Of course I remember you." I said when he asked if I remembered him. How could I not remember the colt that said my Momma was his Papa. "Bear..." I said to the shuffling grizzly and I nuzzled the top of his head affectionately before turning my gaze back to Murtagh. "What are you doing all the way out here?"

"."

credits
Coded by Time

@Murtagh

aud pixel!

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
Oh damn, it looked like Ranjiri had seen the little bit of a tumble that he took. But his pride was still in-tact despite the laughter - it didn’t bother him so much coming from her. Plus! She asked him whether he was okay and that reminded him of his parents because of course family would be worried about that, right? “What? Oh I’m fine!” And he danced a little on the spot, causing small splashes of water, just to demonstrate that fact. Aside from a little bit of bruising but that had already been forgotten about in the excitement of seeing his big sister again.

What were they doing there?

“We’re exploring! Did you know I’m on a quest?!” The colt had a rather skewed version of how a family worked - he had spent so long with it just being him, his Papa, and his Mammina (and the bears) and there was rarely a day when he didn’t see everyone all together. He assumed that it was the same with Ranjiri, even though he had never seen her in the Falls before. Surely she must see Ktulu enough to catch up on news about Murtagh.

The fact that she hadn’t even known he existed before their last meeting was, of course, already forgotten and therefore irrelevant.

“I gotta find three more people to help and then the Earth God is going to help me find my very own bear cub!!” But despite his excitement, a frown riddled its way onto his face as he thought about his quest. “Not many people need help from a colt though, my compass hardly ever moves.” He gestured to it with despair. “But what about you?! Are you looking for your bear cub too here too??”
Image Credit
table by Sevin

@Ranjiri
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3