the Rift

[OPEN] It's Quiet Downtown [Patrol]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

The wind whipped through my pale mane and tail, forcing my hazy breath across my face. It streamed behind me for a foot or two before dissipating. As much as I enjoyed flying, the chill in the air was becoming a hindrance. I like the cold sometimes, but lately, it had lost a bit of it's allure. Especially this time of year, the cold brought little snow, and snow was the best part of the cold.

But now it was just cold.

Without my sister by my side, and my mother busy with her Queenly duties, I was left to be my own person. But who that was, I knew not. I felt quite similar to this season, cold and lacking redeeming qualities to make up for it. I had my duties as a Protector, but so far, I hadn't gotten far with that. A few bruises and a glance, but for the most part, my role was rather ignored by others. I had noticed my mother's name got me far in this land, though I didn't want to be known for being just her daughter.

But now that's all I was - just a puddle to the Icebound.

I shook my head, ignoring these thoughts for the moment. I would become own person, somehow. For now, all I had were my duties as a Protector, and so, I pursued them. I landed softly in the Blood Falls, one of Helovia's newer lands, and coincidentally the one in which I was assigned to patrol. It was close to my old home, and even bared a similar name, but when I arrived, I found few similarities. The water here ran red, whilst the water at my home was clear.

The very name of the place made me uneasy. I didn't know what the higher ups were hoping for me to find here, but I figured if I were to find anything suspicious, it would be here. I breathed a soft sigh, smoke unfurling from my lips as I did so.

Time to get to work.

@Lithium mby? :)

Image Credits
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
Ilios wondered through the crimson forest as he thought of the battle that had been fought there. He had taken part in the fight and have done all he could to help. This outing was different, or so he hoped. He only wanted to get out and explore, see if he could find any kind of trouble to get into. Of course eh wanted the fun kind. Maybe someone to fly with. 'When was the last time I flew with anyone?' He wondered silently trying to remember, but was unable too. Shrugging the hybrid sauntered slowly through the trees following a steep incline.

He huffing for breath silver eyes gazing out at the odd scene before him. The gold and teal stallion stood on top of the falls his silver eyes gazing down at the scarlet water cascading over the rock and dirt wall. He thought of the strange land was beautiful, in an eerie way. Everything seemed to shimmer and glint in the weak sunlight. He gazed down at the bloody jungle are below him. A flicker of gold through the ruby foliage caught his attention. He looked towards it curiously before whinnying loudly trying to draw the creatures attention.

He stood still eyes bright and searching and his ears pricked. His long white tipped black tail swished around his hocks as he stood proudly gazing down at his mock kingdom. A smile spread over his face as he waited to see if anything or anyone would come to his call. Keeping his eyes and ears focused the stallion thought what it would be like to have his own kingdom. He was positive the responsibilities would be insane, and it would be hard to do anything fun, but everyone would look up to him. He would be the main protector, the head of the so called snake. A shiver of ambition ran through his body as he waited silently.

Speech
Words;; 320
OOC/Tags;; @Auriel Hope you don't mind! I was looking for an open thread and saw this so here he is xD
Image Credit
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

He rose from ruby water and blood soaked sunshine, a chaste nature deity amongst his tainted comrades. I looked at the stallion through pale lashes and a hazy cloud of my breath, fear and suspicion flickering through my features. I had already grown used to my crimson colored surroundings, and so, I had momentarily forgotten other hues existed in this world. Seeing him startled me, I didn't even think he was real at first, like he was some apparition or immortal who had arrived to strike me down.

But he whinnied, and the illusion shattered. He was no deity, he was simply another horse. Relieved by this realization (and concerned that I was beginning to grow weary), I let out a shaky breath, a dark plum of smoke unfurled from my lips. I was curious of what he was doing, and because I was on a patrol, I felt the need to investigate.

I took a couple strides toward the waterfall before opening my dark, hawk-like wings to take flight, to join the green and golden stallion at water's fall. I landed a couple strides away from the stallion, noting his horn and wings. A hybrid, like myself. I gave him a pleasant smile, tucking my wings close. "Hello, I'm Auriel, Protector of the World's Edge," and also Princess, but that's a weird fucking situation idek man, "I'm on a patrol. Seen anything suspicious?" I asked, my smoky breath clouding around my lips with the rapid flux of words. My manner was relaxed, though, for I was pleased to have a bit of company. It didn't matter if previously stated company turned out to be troublesome or not. I had become rather good at being on guard and being nice at the same time since joining the Edge.

@Ilios I don't mind at all :D

Image Credits

Ilios
The stallion's smile turned bright as he watched the beautiful smokey mare as she landed in front of him. She was a very pale buckskin, with one horn split into two points, and large black and amber wings sprouting from her back. Silver eyes roved warmly over her dainty and taller frame. He grinned softly at her as her warm words stroked the air. She stood before him relaxed and offered her name. He coked his rear right hoof easing his weight forward. His head inclined warmly as she finished speaking.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Auriel, my name is Ilios. I hail from the Dragon's Throat." He smiled warmly before his brow creased slightly thinking over her answer. A playful grin spread over his face, "You mean besides the scarlet everything?" He laughed brightly as he watched the hybrid mare. He didn't come across many of his kind, so it was so cool to meet a new one. His deep drawl rumbled forth, "Seriously, I haven't seen anything odd, but I'd be happy to patrol with you if you'd like?" He smiled softly watching her curiously. He would understand if she turned him down, he was a stranger after all.

He did secretly hope she would allow him to accompany her. He watched the smoke billow from her light lips and his head tilted slightly. "Have you always been able to do that?" He paused waiting for her answer before speaking again, "It's really pretty. It makes you very mysterious." He smiled warmly before bobbing his horned head happily. He watched her curiously for a moment as he wondered if she was a threat. It was odd to think of a mare being a threat, but he was sure they were out there. Carefully he shoved the thoughts away, if she was a threat surely she would have attacked him by now? Silver and teal wings extended full reach enjoying the slight breeze that shifted his soft feathers.
Speech
Words;; 331
OOC/Tags;; @Auriel
Image Credit
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

My pale amber eyes roamed over the stallion, noting the heavily evident contrast between his feathers and our crimson world. Compared to it, the stallion seemed all that it wasn't. He was kind, warm, welcoming. I found myself smiling back at him, relaxing my body to the same extent as his.

But no, I'm supposed to be patrolling.

I tensed back up, if only mildly, recovering somewhat from my lapse in judgment. I had to take my job more seriously, but pretty boys did not help. Even so, I laughed at his joke, and tossed my mane over my shoulder playfully. Furthermore, I nodded eagerly at his offer to help patrol. "I would like that very much," I grinned, reminding myself not to get too comfortable with his presence. I didn't trust him, but he had a calming essence about him.

My eyes flicked to the ground momentarily as I second guessed myself. Was it truly a good idea to let him accompany me? I didn't even know him. I flicked an ear back to the pleasant stallion, a small smile on my lips. "I have, I was born with it," I replied in a matter-of-fact tone, a nebulous cloud of my breath spilling over pale lips. My gaze gleamed mischievously as I tilted my head down, blinking at him through creamy lashes.

Me? Mysterious?

I had yet to have heard of myself described as mysterious, but a sick part of me liked it. Now I was not only a bastard princess protector of the Edge, but a mysterious bastard princess protector of the Edge. Sweet.

"Thank you," I murmured with a smirk and a smokey exhale. I strode forward at a relaxed walk, my eyes roaming the Bloodied Falls, hoping the stallion would follow by my side. As much as I wanted to simply chat, I had a job to do. But that didn't mean I couldn't chat. "So what of you, Sir Ilios? Have you any mysterious talents?" I questioned, mostly to get the subject off of myself and partially to see if he was worthy of my trust. Truthfully, I wasn't sure how much I wanted to know of him. He was too good to be true, but for the moment, I wanted to believe in that.

@Ilios I have auri muse heheh x)

Image Credits

Ilios
He watched her movements, they way she relaxed then tensed once more with a bemused expression. 'Once of us has a lot to learn about meeting new people, but which one?' He allowed the thoughts to swirl within his brain as she studied his body. It was nice to be so appraised by such a pretty mare. All mares if he was being honest with himself. She stood out among the scarlet world almost as much as he did. He allowed the smile spread over his face to brighten slightly. Her laughter sent a thrill through his young prime body. Would he ever get used to the laughter of a girl? He doubted it. Her hair flip sent his wings unfurling just as playful and lowered his fore-half at her acceptance. A chuckle rumbled warmly from his deep chest, until he rose.

Silver eyes did not miss the hesitation brewing behind her pretty face. Two choices lay before him, only one was right. Silently he made his chose and held his tongue; she would learn soon enough. His mother had taught him the art of hiding your true thoughts well. Masks were not toys to be played with, but tools to do the playing. His smile never faulted as she thought about what she had done. His patience was rewarded with lowered lashes and a sexy cloud of smoke. "Well, the gods knew what they were doing when they blessed you with that gift." He winked playfully as his bass drawl ended.

Taken aback by her thanks he stared at her for a moment; confused. Carefully he thinned the mask allowing her a glimpse at the confusion in his heart. "There is no need to thank me, I only speak the truth." Smiling kindly he followed beside the lithe mare enjoying her company immensely. Of course the stud had no qualms following the mare as she made her rounds. It was always good know others in different herds. Laughter clamped like thunder at her question his horned head bobbing with the irony of it.

"Oh no, I have only my coloring and silver boots." He smiled brightly not bothered at all; right now anyway. He lusted after magic and a companion, but the gods did not have that in mind for him, not yet anyway. Maybe the key to gaining what he wanted was to accept who he was without the extras. "I will admit I did have a dashing necklace, but I gave it to my sister." He smiled fondly at the thought of his sister. Areli would have enjoyed this meeting, she always loved meeting new people. Shaking the thoughts away he smiled up at the taller mare. Height used to annoy him, having taken after Parelia in that gene. 'I need to find them both and spend sometime with them.' He locked that thought in his memory swearing to see them again; soon. "I only have my color and uncontrollable charm." He rolled his eyes chuckling at his own joke.
Speech
Words;; 503
OOC/Tags;; SO SO LATE! Sorry I completely forgot about this xD @Auriel
Image Credit
Tag me

prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

Blessed?

I wasn't sure what to make of this. My magic didn't seem like much of a blessing. Similarly, it wasn't a curse, either. It simply was. Like how birds have wings, or a cat has claws, I have smoke. It was natural to me, a part of who I was, and so I didn't find it to be anything special. It was a hell of a lot of fun to play around with, though, that I was certain with. In my mind, my magic was more akin to a child's toy.

I didn't protest his opinion of my magic, though. I didn't see a reason to. Instead, I blew a puff towards his face, grinning mischievously behind the fading, nebulous cloud. I continued to listen to the stallion, ears pricked forward, trying not to be drawn into his charm further. I was here to patrol, after all. Oh, but how difficult that is to do when there you're with a man as enamored by you as you are with him.

I laughed politely with him, shaking my head as we walked, pale tassels of mane softly bouncing around my features. "I doubt the gods have overlooked you, yet. Perhaps your talents are a mystery even to yourself," I commented, pale amber gaze fixated on the stallion, rather than the ruby landscape I was supposed to be patrolling. His mention of a sister captivated my attention better than he most likely realized.

"It's sweet that you gave your necklace to your sister," I spoke with a gentle plume unfurling from my lips, my words growing softer. My thoughts were mostly on my sister. It pained me to realize how long it had been since I had seen her last. "What's she like?" I inquired, turning my head to face him, my features beginning to melt, my seductive breath suddenly a more contradicting piece than it had been in moments past.

@Ilios

Image Credits

Ilios
She doesn't protest to his words, the way he awed over her smoke breath. She was beautiful and funny even as she listened he could feel how good she was, well he assumed anyway. A grin spread over his face she she blew a puff of smoke in his face. Once it cleared thunder like laughter rumbled from his deep chest. "Oh you are full of tricks huh?" He laughed harder horned head bobbing with his glee. After a minute or so the stallion collected himself enough to keep talking around his chuckling anyway.   He was losing himself to her, lost in the way she made him laugh and her jokes.

Her own laughter was warm and bubbling as he watched her curiously. When her beautiful head shook the stallion's heart leaped slightly. Her long cream mane bounced around for a moment almost as if time had slowed motion. Her words started time up again. Ears pricked froward curiously as he watched her. A soft smile touched his face as he took in her words. "I like to think they have something else in store for me. Maybe my talents are just normal things, but that doesn't mean I can't be great." His smile grew pleasantly at the thought.

Her attention really shifted to him when he spoke of Areli. A kind smile replaced the playful one as he thought of her. "I'm glad you think so. I gave it to her the day I left the Hidden Falls. I wanted to make sure she would remember me, and know how much I loved her." A soft sigh brushed out from his muzzle as he looked down at the ground while they walked. He missed Areli terribly, more than he had realized until now. 'I'll have to visit her soon.' He thought to himself before Auriel's voice drew him out of his sad thoughts. He smiled softly as he turned to look at her. He could see her front melting away before his silver eyes.

"Her name is Areli, and she is perfect." A loving smile he only shared with Areli graced his features. "She loves everyone that I've ever seen her meet anyway. She loves to laugh and play. Her favorite game as a foal was hide and seek." He chuckled softly at the memory. "She is a smokey black Pegasus with dapples and eyes gold as the sun. Her dapples glow in the dark and she has a golden wolf beside her." He smiled softly picturing her as he had last seen her with her newborn companion. "You'll know her if you ever see her, she looks nothing like me." He laughed trying to lighten his own mood. "All in all she is my everything, I would do anything to keep her safe and happy." He smiled softly allowing his words to drift away.
Speech
Words;; 474
OOC/Tags;; SO SO LATE! Ilios muse left for a while -_- @Aurlie
Image Credit
Tag me