the Rift

[OPEN] Fools Gold Shines

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
 don't get lost in my lyrics
you won't find your way out

This was another gem in Helovia’s crown of beautiful places, one that Aisling had yet to explore. She had come across the magnificent marble structure while on her way to find the Secret Grove again. It was a beautiful thing old a weathered but somehow eternal, the marble almost glowing in the soft light of midmorning. The plans she had made for the day, the destinations, where all unceremoniously tossed out in favor of exploring this new wonder. She spent much time simply moving around, admiring from all abled the tall, graceful pillars and the flowing drapes that rippled in the gentle orange moon breeze. 

It wasn’t until she moved up the steps and into the rotunda that she took notice of the ceiling. She let out and audible gasp, looking up at the kaleidoscope of color. Surely the gods built this place, for it is so wondrous fair. The best part was what she noted when she moved further in: the sunlight that trickled down through the trees and through the jeweled roof released a dappled rainfall of colored droplets. It fell over her white back, the perfect canvas for this painting of reflected light. Her laugh was quick and carefree, all delight at having found herself able to almost become part of this place. The little mare moved in silly circles, her neck curved so she could see the colors swirl across her own whitewashed back. 

It was an old an unshakable habit that had her stopping, stormy eyes sweeping around to find a friend to share in this simple joy. All too soon, she remembered her solitude and as quickly as the delight came it deflated, dissipated and gave way to the heavy melancholy that had dogged her for months. The bright little mare seemed to wilt, ears and drooping as she let our a long and wistful sigh. This was a place for stories and songs, romantic trysts and merry meetings. This was a place to be shared but little Aisling was alone, and it had been over a year now since she had had anyone that could have shared in this with her.

”.”
@Tandavi (Or Zero, it's up to you, unless you wanted him to be in with with Milo. That thread is up in the Deep Forrest <3)

art by imi
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee
In quiet moments, it comes to him, a shadow of who he had once been. The startling feeling of almost knowing, yet complete and absolute non-remembrance crawls through his body. Darkness swirls through his skin, tendrils of ebony weaving through his soul.

In this crowded world, he is alone. The day is only broken by meals and the occasional conversation. There are faces and bodies, but none of them are familiar. Some faces are kind and soft, though most are harried, and the air is thick with the stench of sadness and bitterness. The scenery is beautiful- though beauty alone does little to lighten his menacing soul.

His mind flickered to Rexanna. The connection (perhaps it had been unrequited, he does not know) he had built with her had been a bridge to the world around him, so he could truly see beauty and light. With this bridge, he felt less lonely. Now, she had vanished and the bridge had severed. Many horses surrounded him, attempted to communicate with him, but he was alone. Even the touches of mares (something that had always ignited his skin) warranted little reaction nowadays.

Wrinkles have formed around his eyes and lips and between two creased brows from his dark scold. Piercing gaze falls on a femme that many would deem beautiful. She twirls, tresses dancing through the wind as her legs move her in circles. Then, she stops. Gloom drags itself over her ivory body. She no longer looks colorful and exciting to him- merely another body to crowd Helovia. To him, it seems there had been a glimpse of something magical within her, but it had faded to the boring of the world around him.

The sun streams through those windows, and she remains illuminated by a myriad of colors, though the exhale of air through velvet lips suggest that her mind is clouded with grey, even if her body is not. The beast seeks to devour a mare with brilliance within at the moment, no longer wishing to dwell on those with a common dullness. Caleb's mood ricocheted between low and lower.

Everything around him was a wilted grey, lost of all and any beauty. Still, the hybrid's cloven hooves move him towards this stranger, perhaps still somewhat interested in that starry-eyed  look she had housed only moments ago.

hope you don't mind me popping in here? let me know if you wanted to keep this private <3 @Aisling
[Image: caleb_by_lovelyskylark-d995h4j.png]
a cold-hearted man was once a man that once cared too much.

Sheltered, naive, childish; all might have been used to describe the Aisling that had entered Helovia so many months ago and all would have been correct. Since then she had had experience so many things—disappointment, loss, loneliness—but not a one had left a lasting mark on her heart. There were some thing might still call her foolish but when all else had been lost, hope remained; her moods may shift, and somedays held more joy and some more sadness, but it was hope that had carried her through. She pitied any that would call that foolishness.

A click of hoof on stone had her turning agin towards the Rotunda’s steps. The faerie had been convinced of her solitude, granted she was rarely watchful of her surroundings unless she was the one trying to be sneaky. The stallion took her quite by surprise and it showed on her face, little sensors forward and eyes wide. Well, there was no other word for it: he was magnificent. Black and sleek, standing tall and adorned with a horn and wings! Only once before had she seen such a creature in the red warrior Hector, and even had such features been commonplace, she would have thought them expertly put together in this handsome man. She took him in, standing still as could be for several long seconds and just as her mood and swung low, she brightened.

A smile spread brilliantly across her face and her eyes lost all trace of the melancholy or surprise they had recently held. “Hello!” One might have thought she’d seen an old friend again and not a stranger, but to her there was little real difference. Every new face was a friend to be found, and every new encounter an opening chapter to a wonderful story. The woman paused, taking a second survey of the man. He was certainly handsome as she’d thought at first sight but there was a shadow around his eyes and where he might have shown he seemed somehow subdued. Well, boyo, what’s got you down? She took a dancing step forward “I do hope I am not disturbing you. I am called Aisling.”

”.”
[ooc: @Caleb - Charks, feel free to jump in any time, i just had a pile of Aisling muse!]

art by imi
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee
Her porcelain features lingered in front of him, taunting his steel eyes, leaving him to wonder who she is. That magic, that spark, that sort of effervescent glow creeped back into her features like night creeps up on day. Caleb wasn't all that sure if she acted only out of her own melodramatics or if she was truly gladdened by the fact that she could meet such a tall, looming, beast as him. Did he not encumber her?

She reminds him of fairies, so beautiful, so small, so delicately absolutely down right elegantly composed. Molten gaze rolls over her body, embracing the curves of her body, basking in the sight of such a spotless, pristine, woman. How he could indulge in such a body, appreciate every inch of her in his primal way. She looked so innocent, so perfect, so undoubtedly pure. 

"I hope I am not disturbing you. I am called Aisling." He smirked slightly, the simple action seductive in it's own way, yet also frightening. He was a strange beast, wicked and cruel, yet desirable and humble in the same. "You, Aisling, are very resplendent," he complimented. His gaze moved to her eyes, clear and inviting, they watched back. His smirk somewhat vanished, leaving his face rather blank, only adorned with his chrome markings. He moved inside of the rotunda, unafraid if he accidentally brushed her lean body, he made headway to the opposite side of the rotunda, standing furthest from the stairs. "I hope I didn't disturb you," he shrugged. He had nothing else to say nor do. 

Caleb could be poetic if he tried, but he didn't know her, nor she him, so he figured it'd be strange to offer her his poetic lines and flowery words. Some mares were just turned off by that. Caleb- a beast of few, but fabulous words. For now, his tone remained indifferent and his body language shouted intrigued, yet not fully hooked. A transient beast, he would not stay here long... Unless of course she could truly wow him- quite the challenge.
@Aisling sorry for wait I was seeing if someone else was going to jump in before I replied <3
[Image: caleb_by_lovelyskylark-d995h4j.png]
a cold-hearted man was once a man that once cared too much.

Emotions came into Aisling’s mind, into her heart, near as fast as light moved through space, and often they left just as quickly. Were they tangible things, her body would be so small as to only fit one at a time. When she felt, she felt strongly; for good or for ill, Aisling had never lived her life by half-measures. Where others might suffer whiplash, she had her head too far in the clouds to suffer any doubt or worry over how her heart worked.

The wicked smirk on his face wiped the confident amiability off hers in a flash. A smile remained but it was a hesitant thing, so sweet and unsure, while her eyes went wide with an innocence few could boast of at her age. She had seen him and at first had though of the heres in stories, knights of chivalry and daring, but no… she had been so wrong…. no knight was he, in unblemished armor and come to defend the fair maiden, but the stallion was no less a thing of stories. This was the Rouge, the dark wander who would be no less handsome but far less honorable. To the woman’s utter surprise she had run into a rake and those icy eyes raked her.

”You, Aisling, are very resplendent.” The compliment hit it’s mark, vain and silly as it’s target could be. It shouldn’t have, or so logic would say. The beast was tall and strong and had looked at her like a starving man looked at a feast. Logic said she should be terrified, but Aisling found it so remarkably thrilling. But then his smile was gone and he moved, and not away(which might have been the better choice) but towards her, past her…

He brushed against her, just barely, and Aisling’s sharp intake of breath seemed to echo in her own ears. You should walk down those steps lass, go and hide in your willow trees. She could have almost swore she heard her own mother’s voice echoed in her thoughts, but after all, she was of the Isle of Érie, and there was rebellion in the blood.

“Nay, you’re mistaken! Tis the light that deserves your praises, I am but the canvas it paints upon.” Her voice was calmer than her racing heart should have allowed, and when she pivoted on dancing heels to keep the man in view she had a smirk of her own on, coquettish in a perfectly unpracticed way. Turning her eyes down she took a few dancing steps, no towards him, but to her left, and let the colored shafts of light play across her. Her braided mane and loose tail swayed with the motion, only adding an elegance to her step. “You see?” She said looking back at him, “And I would not have you worry yourself about disturbing me…” Even if Aisling should have thought better of it, she didn’t; the faerie was running on pure thrill. “I’m never disturbed. Though, you didn’t tell me your name either, and that’s not at all polite since I’ve given you mine.”

”.”
@Caleb

art by imi