the Rift

now you've gone

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark

aelfwine
wake up to the sound of your fleeting heart

Her breathing grew heavy with the rush of the morning. Aelfwine had woken with such a stir, snow falling upon her already dappled pelt while frantic green eyes scoured the land where she had recently seen her sister Tuppence. She had followed Tuppence for a while, noticing her approach to what she could only hope to be the direction of Tilney. Though in the attempts, she noticed the bones that Tuppence had once wore across her back, traveling to various biomes to put their long lost sister to rest. However, within the last day or so (when she had seen her sister) the bones she carried were no longer with her. Aelfwine had planned on approaching her sister that day to ask her how she could have possibly lost Carlisle’s bones. Yet, during the brisk shock during her wake – the mare realized that wouldn’t be happening.

Once she realized she wasn’t able to find the darker sister, she began to grow frantic, reaching down to touch the compass she carried on her chest for comfort. A gift her mother had bestowed her as she had gotten lost in the past. This time it would lead her in the direction she wanted. She followed the half filled hoofprints left behind from her sister as they headed off in a direction away from where they came. It was almost as if they had gone straight across, forever straight, never curving. It grew boring for Aelfwine – staying in a singular line instead of exploring the various places they had been. And yet, it seemed to fill her with even more sorrow. She had spent much of her life using her exploration and adventures as a way of going away from the pain she felt from the loss of Carlisle. She never truly understood death until she was older, making it not as hard of a loss, but she still felt the loss of the presence.

Aelfwine headed in the direction of her sister, head close to the ground following the hoofsteps until she came upon a line of trees. Lifting her delicate white head, she focused on the entrance for mere moments before passing through. Snow had hardly fallen in many places here due to the trees, yet the pines still leaned and cracked under the pressure of the thick ivory blanket. She could smell Tuppence now, a jolt in her heart set her off in a steady run until she came into a clearing where the scent had vanished. Frantically turning her head to all the different trails from this specific clearing, she stamped her cloven hooves into the snow out of frustration.

HELLO?” She screamed into the air, hoping someone would come by to tell her where the painted doe had indeed been heading. If she didn’t find Tuppence, she figured this entire endeavor would become a lost cause.

Image Credits  |||  Table by Tamme!

She's not going to find Tuppence, so bear with her frustrations :P Open for anyone! Though I'm thinking the Edge might fit her. Feel free to try and sway her though!! :)

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
Recruiting one to live in the World's Edge had inflated Caenan's ego to a size larger than what it had already been. Then doubt had settled in. Had Dahlia been affected by both he and Tilney, or had she chosen the Edge more so because of the gentlemanly stallion? Caenan did not like that he was unsure of who had affected her more. The pirate had no interest in the mare besides a pretty face to look at but he still wanted to be the same to her. Or something along those lines. Even Caenan was not sure what he wanted.

To solve his problems Caenan had returned to the Threshold.  "HELLO?" A crooked grin stretched across his lips. He had just made it into the Threshold and already he had possibly found someone. Perhaps he could make this a quick recruitment and spend the rest of the afternoon on the nearest beach sands. "'EY!" Caenan returned the shout with another. He trotted through some trees that separated him and the one that he assumed to be a newcomer.

As he passed each tree the one who had shouted was revealed to him piece by piece. First there was a set of hindquarters that left him feeling a way that made him hope that this would not be a stallion. Not that the voice had sounded like one, but you never know. Then a neck. A barrel. Finally a head. Caenan pranced to the antlered stranger. She was a she after all. That made the recruitment all the better.

Emerald eyes attempted to meet another pair of the same deep shade of green. "Welcome to Helovia!" After his shout earlier he lowered his voice but that was not to say that there was no excitement in it. The bay liked beautiful mares. He liked them a lot. "Am I right to assume that it is not I that you were shouting for?" Caenan had noticed a frantic look in her eye that he would not expect one to have simply due to entering a new land.

"But more wonderful than the lore of old men and the lore of books is the secret lore of ocean."-H.P. Lovecraft

image credits
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Ezital Posts: 48
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Oatmeal :: Two-toed Sloth :: None Veer
EZITAL

Ezital hadn't ventured as far as the threshold yet, as if there was some sort of mystical barrier that prevented him from wandering that far. He'd wandered pretty much everywhere else he could, ensuring that he could return to the falls borders by the day's end. He was aware of the leash that his meager rank came with, and was dutifully prepared to return, should Ktulu give it a tug. She had yet to do so, or enforce any sort of limits on his aimlessness, though he was prepared to pass it off as patrolling if necessary.

It was surely silly, then, for the threshold to be off limits to him. He knew that Brisa sometimes haunted this forest, but he didn't expect to encounter her today. She would probably be busy with her crafting for the herd. She had been the one to find him here, a thin, shivering colt lost in the woods. He had changed a lot since then. He'd gained weight and put on muscle, at least as much as his slight frame could carry. For the first time in his short life, he felt no worry for the cold season looming on the horizon. 

He hadn't walked very far when he heard voices. His ears snapped up, trying to pinpoint their direction over the other sounds in the forest. Perhaps he wouldn't encounter Brisa, but that didn't mean there wouldn't be other horses here. He practically bounded forward, leaping over roots and fallen branches. 

Unfortunately, he caught the edge of his hoof on the last branch, narrowly avoiding falling flat on his face in front of the two strangers. He straightened up and glared back at the offending tree. It seemed to shrink back the slightest bit from his barely restrained wrath. 

He turned a satisfied grin on the other two horses, pleased to see that they were both unicorns, one of them even had antlers like himself.

"Who are you?" He asked them, eyes glittering with belligerence and mischief.

talk

aelfwine

Aelfwine’s ears flickered at the sound of another creature. An “EY!” called out to her happened to catch her attention. Her ivory head swung to the direction of the sound until the bay came into view. He smelled of salt and mists and seemed to be quite alluring to the doe. Her emerald eyes met his briefly as he began to speak. Helovia? Aelf had heard that Tilney wanted to head this way but she was unsure if he actually had made it this far. It was quite a long journey after all. Was that why Tuppence had arrived? Had she arrived to meet with Tilney? The mare began to grow a bit self-conscience in thinking that perhaps it was some kind of family reunion that she wasn’t invited to. Irritation began to bloom in her chest. “Am I right to assume that it is not I that you were shouting for?” Her green eyes snapped back to the bay from the cover she had managed to gather within her thoughts. “Uh, yes. That would be correct.” Her voice sounded like chimes on the wind as another creature came into view.

He carried an exotic coloring, especially around his face and barrel. She began to wonder if it were dried blood until the creature seemed to have tripped over a fallen branch. Aelfwine was pleased to learn that there were those that carried such horns as she did. While his appeared rather small in comparison, at least the three of them there were horned at all. She had never seen a Pegasus before in her life, let alone a normal equine. The possibilities would be endless.

She flicked her ashen tail against her darkened legs, lifting a cloven hoof to shift her weight. Green eyes watching the newcomer with a curiosity as he asked who she was. It didn’t come to her as a kind greeting, but she obliged anyway. Dipping her elegant rack of horns to the two stallions, she attempted to meet both their gazes. “My name is Aelfwine. I’ve come in search of my sister, I believe she passed through here a day ago or so.” She questioned the two of them, though the tone came out more of an interrogation rather than a friendly conversation. “I don’t suppose either of you had seen her, have you? It’s important business.” She watched briefly, a weight resting on her chest over her sister and the slowly growing feeling utterly worthless in finding her began to make the doe quick to judge with a short temper. It was nothing personal, however.

Image Credits  |||  Table by Tamme!

@Caenan @Ezital

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

It always seemed to come back to The Threshold. The Silver doe looked around the forest that she knew better than her own home, The Edge. With a roll of her golden orbs, she proceeded to weave in and out of the tree. Keeping half an eye on Wynter who she depended on to alert her of any other soul approaching. Of course if she did manage to stumble upon another and add another member to The Edge, well that would be a positive to be gained from the situation.

The situation being she'd rather be anywhere else but here.

In truth many dark shadows lurked in The Threshold that seemed to only effect Arah, remembering those she'd met and trusted here, who'd then come to betray her. Days when only her beauty mattered to her, yet those days where gone. Aesthetically pleasing, a porcelain doll and perfect. Traits that had done little to help her keep her home, loyalty and lover. Still, it couldn't be all that bad. She still had a few friends and she could always make more. Rebuild that trust and loyalty with new and stronger ties to others.

Though the bond, a warning from Wynter or impending company ahead. Of course, as she broke through the trees fro cover the doe spied three, two seemed to be speaking to another antlered mare. Feeling a sort of kinship with the antlered beauty she lessened to distance between them and smiled, "hello there." Her tone was soft and her vocals were musical as always. Nodding to the others in a way of greeting, the doe then took a moment to study the other antlered mare. A coat that blended dark and light magnificently, dark hair fell in tussles around her face, neck and around her legs. Forest green eyes shocked her, so, so similar to the ones that she quite simply adored. Tilney. Shaking the thought from her head she offered the mare a shaky smile - shock was still burning through her veins. Still aside from the shade of their eyes, nothing else was a shared trait between the two.
Wanting to move on from her startled state she began again, "I'm Arah. I reside in the land know as The World's Edge." A rather literal name to be sure. "Welcome to Helovia." A weight landed beside her, Wynter took in the mare with narrowed eyes, no doubt wondering what secrets where hidden beneath those pretty emerald eyes.

Arah
I hope all will be well. 
We must be patient; but I cannot choose but weep to think they would lay him i' th' cold ground.

- Thread hasn't moved in a while, thought I'd jump in.
@Aelfwine
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

aelfwine

The mare’s ears twitched with the sound of another arrival as she watched the two stallions before her. Her head shifted and captured the gaze of the beautiful ivory mare, her own emerald eyes catching the doe’s golden ones. Something felt familiar about the presence of this mare but in all of Aelfwine’s years running about after her sister’s death, she struggled trying to place it. She admired the mare in silence as she began to speak her hello’s. Admiring the beautiful ivory hide stretched upon her elegant features with her own antlered racks upon her head.

And then the mare introduced herself. Aelfwine could feel the air catch in her throat as a smile broke upon her face. Arah. It had been far too long for the dappled doe to even recognize her. Though it had been many years since they had seen each other, she was sure that Arah probably didn’t recognize her as well. She was just a yearling when her sister died. Probably a bit smaller since the last encounter with the ivory woman. Aelf hardly took notice to the griffin that landed near her, watching her with such intrigue.

Yet the mare couldn’t help but to push herself across the earth, a swift trot to the mare as she extended her pale muzzle to Arah’s cheek. Wishing to know what had happened to her amid everything. Wishing to know if she even knew that Tilney was supposed to be here. She stepped back a bit, dipping her head in a slight greeting, but the smile wouldn’t leave her lips. “Arah! It’s been so long. I didn’t know you resided here?” Her voice was gentle but calm all the same – completely forgetting about Tuppence in the meantime.

Do you remember me?” She questioned briefly, turning herself with her cloven hooves, reaching back to point her racks to the tree marking that lined her dorsal stripe. Hoping that the mare remembered her and her family. “We used to be great friends, you, Tilney, and I!” Her emerald eyes gleamed with a bit of an excitement of home. Hoping that the mare remembered her. That would surely make her day.

@Arah

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Both griffin and doe became a little taken aback as the mare swiftly trotted over to them. Resisting the to recoil as the mare extended her muzzle to her cheek, she felt a warm touch. Comforting and familiar. After a moment the other antlered mare stepped backwards, dipping her crowned head in greeting. It seemed as if this mare knew who she was? True, even the swan princess had felt a wave of familiarity wash through her, yet she'd put it down to the moment. When their eyes had met she'd thought of Tilney, she didn't actually recognise this mare...did she? Digging into her memories she tried to place the mare somewhere in her memories, nothing. Every single time she though perhaps she was getting close to recognising the mare she'd fall short and tumble into the darkness. The antlered mare spoke quietly to her, the words racked around her shocked and numbed mind and it wasn't until Wynter mentally prodded her that the doe actually scrambled a response together. "I...yes I do, I've been here for a while now." Clearing her throat she glanced towards the other stags before returning her gaze to the other mare, yet before she could pose her questions, the darker mare continued with another question.

Did she remember the mare? No. Yes? Perhaps. No. It was the eyes colour she shared with Tilney that had created the false illusion that these two had met before. "No, I don't believe we've.." Those markings, she shared those with Tilney! How could could she not have noticed before? The eyes, the markings, surely she was too old to be a daughter and that left the relation of a sister? Surely if they shared that eye colour and markings they must be siblings? Yet if this mare knew her...how come Tilney did not? How come Arah didn't know either until having wondering into Tilney (quite literally) in the past year?

So this mare knew Tilney as well?! Speaking of them in a familiar and comfortable sense. "No, I'm afraid I don't." The doe tilted her head to the side, curious and ever so slightly suspicious. "However I know where Tilney is, perhaps we can find him together and sort this out?" Clearing her throat she glanced towards the other stags. "As I said, I'm from The World's Edge and Tilney lives with me." How could this mare know here? Speaking as if they had been great childhood friends, it unnerved her.

No.

It terrified her.
Was the unknown past finally catching up to her?

Arah
I hope all will be well. 
We must be patient; but I cannot choose but weep to think they would lay him i' th' cold ground.

@Aelfwine
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

aelfwine

If Aelfwine didn’t have such an open heart, she probably would have been upset at the fact that Arah didn’t remember her. Yet there was part of her that knew deep down that she had looked much different when she was just a filly. The tree marking had barely branched out and the dapples were encased in a darker gray. She resembled little of the caramel beauty that Tilney was and yet, here they were. Arah was someone that Aelf looked up to growing up. How strong the ivory woman was, how determined. She began to wonder if any of that changed since their last encounter.

And yet Arah began to stumble over some of her speech. The dappled doe frowned slightly at the fact that she didn’t remember her, but the frown didn’t last long as she said Tilney lived with her. A smile replaced the slight frown as she shrugged slightly, her heavy head shifting slightly higher with a bit of excitement. “I don’t blame you – I was just a filly back then. I’d love to come to the World’s Edge and see my brother!” Her voice was like chimes on the air as she spoke with such excitement. She had completely forgotten about the other two stallions here as well as Tuppence. Instead, she focused only on Tilney and Arah. Confused by how the mare couldn’t remember everything they had done, but hoped that her presence would do wonders in reminding her.

Which way is it?” Her voice broke again as her head lifted down to gaze upon the compass she had brought, unsure of which direction an edge of the world might be, so she let her emerald gaze land upon Arah once more for direction on where they would be heading.

@Arah