the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Miss Jackson

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

There had been a change in her demeanor that much was apparent. She seemed to hold herself a little bit higher. Steps were more graceful. Life wasn’t nearly as daunting as it had been, and she was even glowing far more often. Since she had allowed herself to step away from Quilyan – to tell herself that she was strong enough to deal without him – she had begun to finally understand who it was she needed to be.

She tried very hard to be certain of herself, to not let her insecurities force her back into the timid creature she had been. Still, she was always humble, always sweet, always far more withdrawn. Just… not nearly as reliant upon others. Golden orbs had lingered across toward her garden until Valiance headed back toward her. The healers hut had been making great strides toward completion as of late, and she couldn’t be more proud to know that it was there.

Yet, something was still calling for her to not just linger around the hut. So, for today she took to moving around near the middle of the herd. An area surrounded by the pooling lakes of the waterfalls and the little coves of trees which were scattered across the open lands. It was peaceful, the roar of waterfalls just far enough off to be almost unnoticeable (at least when one was so accustomed to them raging in one’s ear).

Valiance scoped out the area, looking to see who might be around as a warning for Resplendence. Though, mainly, the pair were content to just easily make their way over toward some water and watch as it coursed by toward its destination.

For Jen ^^

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

The hunter takes on the thief's figure, finding it easier and nimbler than his own. Knox's latest acquisition rests comfortably on Zekiah's frame, outfitting the smoky-black handsomely with storage he has no need for.

But Knox, he thinks to the descendant with a wild grin, how debonair we look!

The hunter shakes his head to no one, snorting and turning quickly to accommodate for his blind side as he searches the woods. This time he needs not wander aimlessly, for he knows his target well, if only by reputation. Both his mate and son had met her at some point; the mare, Resplendence, is not one to be underestimated in her influence. Little talks, here and there, with the woods and its residents reveal her talents, her skill in the art of healing.

There are some wounds she, even with her earthen power, cannot mend. The hunter is one such tragedy, once such festering streak of blood on flesh. But in Zekiah's form, scarred and with one eye gone but undeniably neat with his mane and tail cropped, Knox appears to have more composure. Zekiah, at least, takes care of his looks. Zekiah is the class that Knox has abandoned, the self esteem that overflows and drowns another.

It is not long before they find her, all pink and white among woods of green and blue. She and her circling companion (the mere word sending a chilling pain through Knox's own heart) seem to be just as described. Beautiful, though, in a way that Knox does not care to address.

"Resplendence?" Knox calls out in the thief's bright and jittery voice, hoping this errand won't take up too much of his brooding time, "Forgive me if I'm mistaken... but I've been told the mare I seek looks much like yourself, at least as far as I can see," he adds. He approaches from behind, his head tilted for a moment to reveal his blindness. With Knox's new magic it is a willing crutch, an unnecessary handicap. But let it serve to cloak his identity further, he has no desire to reveal himself to some stranger, regardless of her prowess.

img © nereis01

Knox is in the form of Zekiah, should not be recognized as Knox, etc. More info on profile.
@Resplendence

Resplendence

Valiance noticed the stranger before Resplendence did. An explanation of the smokey creature filled her head as she easily turned her frame to meet him. Her tail pooled around her, the maroon glitter glimmering with its light pink glow, making her look almost iridescent in the small amount of light that was filtering through the trees.

At some point, she had taken her hoof and smashed open the ice in an attempt to garner a drink of the chilly liquid. But, the task had been abandoned upon his arrival and the sound of her name. Her head tilts delicately to the side and she offers a gentle nod while a smile carefully turns up the corners of her cheeks. He apologizes, as if she would have a twin of sorts lingering in the Falls. A lilting laugh swings into the air just before she allows her voice to emerge. ”Aye, you’ve found her. However, if I have a twin I don’t know of then someone will have to inform me.” He tilted his head as he spoke – showing the scar across where his right eye should have been – and she takes in the scars upon his limbs which almost look like he had been shredded by a carnivore.  

The rest of her frame turns, to meet him head on and Valiance takes his position upon her withers. ”How may I be of service?” Did he perhaps require herbs for arthritis on those joints? Or was there a fresher wound against his clean cut frame that she had yet to notice? Either way, she would help as much as she could – and with a honeyed niceness that fit everything about her in the process.

Yes, she was always the mother. Always.

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Jen

Nothing but a snort and a wink is received at first in reply. Her wit is not so well received by Knox, and his ancestor's raucous reply is awkwardly and obviously delayed. It is several moments after the mare his spoken before he lets loose a cackling neigh, tossing back his head and cropped mane as if fades into a whinny.

"Ah, what a clever one!" Zekiah hoots with a debonair grin and a slight rear, snorting and stamping when he lands. "I'll keep my eye on you, lady Resplendence, aye..." the smoky black answers, his own voice matching hers. His white teeth flash and clack as he straightens his neck and extends in an effort to touch his nose to her claybank chest. He is unpredictable and almost cheshire-like in his enthusiasm; who could turn that away?

Knox is long gone, lost somewhere now in Zekiah's overwhelming charm. The nonius pulls his head back and flings it forward, letting the bags slide off of him and land over his nose. When Resplendence asks what he needs of her, his grin somehow widens.

"Ah, it's no service I need of you. I've simply been tasked with giving you these bags. One of our herd's collectors, has, well, rescued them from a life of neglect in the wilds and the Dauntless has commanded they be offered to you," Zekiah explains, before pulling his face quickly out from under the back. He tosses his head up and with it the strap, expertly pulling out and grabbing the leather strip between his teeth before offering it to the healer. Should she accept, they are hers without consequence. Should she turn them down, well... then the damn things will have to be Archibald's problem, won't they?

Knox, after all, is tired of having that extra weight.

img © nereis01

@Resplendence if she chooses to accept, please post to the updates and I will confirm. :) Happy present to you!

Resplendence

Aye, so she’s not very funny. At least, she assumed that was the case until the delayed laughter happened.  There is a snort, a stamp and saying that he will keep an eye on her before reaching out to press his nose against her chest. She accepts it, even if Valiance did not accept it nearly as much. He snorts, chirping awkwardly until the stag drops the bags over his nose and lets her know that she is not going to have to offer him any services.

Very agile, she had to admit, as he flipped the bags around to hold them in his mouth. Valiance swooped down at that moment and took them in his claws before heading off toward the healer hut to deposit them by the herb boxes. Oh! They would be just wonderful. Alas, the way that he said ‘collectors’ and ‘rescued’ made her believe otherwise. ”Aye, they were stolen weren’t they?” Did Archibald truly believe that she wouldn’t be willing to accept things that were stolen and that in order to have her accept them the true origin on them would have to be concealed. ”Even so, they will prove to be very useful for the herb gathering missions. The kindness of all of you who got these bags won’t be forgotten. If you need something, do let me know.” She said with a gentle smile and nod resting upon her face as Valiance landed back upon her withers.

Oh, how she loved the family of the Falls. ”Would you like anything before you go, uh…. I don’t believe I caught your name. What might I call you?”

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Jen

The dragon's interception is skilled and mystical. Zekiah comes from a world with far darker myths than that, but few were so majestic. Most, in fact, were quite hideous in their magic. He watches with one eye and snorts, the sound a happy little exhalation that is barely perceptible beneath the mare's next words.

Oh, well isn't she a riot! The nonius' teeth, a wild and glimmering white, reveal themselves in a sharp grin when she correctly pegs the origins of her gifts. "Aye," he replies with a soft nod. "But with such talent and grace, I assure you, that their original owner shan't miss them in the slightest! The poor things were covered in dust, I'm sure you'll find your dragon's little prints all over them," he says by way of assurance.

She then seems eager to part, and though Knox is in complete agreement that noxious Zekiah has other ideas. He would like to stay behind, to gaze upon her with that one clear eye of his, and listen to her speak in that lilt for the rest of the day. If this were truly his body, he would.

The hunter's voice crawls out from the shadows, and suddenly the words issued forth from Zekiah are accompanied with a stolid expression and a lack of all excitement. "Thank you, I'll be sure to keep your offer in mind," he says for courtesy's sake alone. Knox doubts he will need a healer any time soon.

Without hesitation he turns, feeling out of place in this old body and needing to find solitude so he can shift into himself once more. "Should you need me again, call upon Zekiah," he tosses back gruffly before moving deeper into the shadows.

img © nereis01

Sorry for that sudden leave, @Resplendence... Knox got tired of playing nice. He'll need healing after a spar soon though, we can thread again?