the Rift

Lit [Eldala v Ivezho

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

ANOTHER day. Another sun has slid across the unchanged sky. But now, fighting its end, this sun has set the sky on fire. Its bloody setting drips to the ground, touching the trees, and bathing one particular hide in its eerie fury. A revelation strikes the creature suddenly. /Fuck this. Fuck the devil. He can bathe in my flames./

The mare had hidden her fear, her fury, for far too long. She'd been consumed by her helplessness, by her embarrassment, and by her guilt. Silly as it was, the mare had worked until her body had ached simply trying to erase the memory. Nothing had worked, of course, for she hadn't approached it the right way. Eldala realized now the only way to rid herself of her fear was to fight; to face the unknown. The caramel mare felt sure she could at least defend against an attack now. She was toned, agile, and capable of decent endurance. There was no need to fear anything, especially the unknown, for she was more than capable. She. Was. Not. Inadequate.

Oh yes, speaking of the unknown, there was one who offered her the unknown. The flames had kissed and scraped her and all she'd done was douse the fire down to smoke. That hadn't been what she wanted. She'd wanted it firm and rough in all the best ways. It surprised her to admit it.  /Fuck that too. No more smoke, just fire./

Eyes colored the blue-white of the hottest flame rebel against the red of the sunset as she throws her head to the sky. The ground beneath her was a nice, solid damp under her hoof as she stamped. Only a light breeze was there to pick up the particulates and send them out into the Thistle Meadow. The petite mare was so full of this lust and fire and anger that the mare felt she might explode if she didn't rid herself of it right now.

She wanted it now. All of it, the fight and the fire. Ivezho had that wonderful habit of showing up whenever she thought about him, like he was hacking her mind, so let him damn well do it now.

The empty sky revealed nothing but she still spoke anyways, "Lets get lit." she pauses, "I need the fire of the fight." 

[OOC:
Attacks: 0/3
WC: 394 words
Eldala vs. Ivezho Teaching Spar.
Timeline: Extended (3 week?)
Setting: Thistle Meadow, towards the North-ish where its still temperate. The time is the beginning of evening, before it would be at eye level/cause direct issue. Orangemoon]

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
To truly understand the beast,
one must meet him,
and unlock that which beats within his glowing chest.
Ivezho was more than happy to oblige the mare's wishes of appearing whenever he was thought about. It wasn't something he did intentionally, or something he did because he 'knew' somehow that he was being summoned - it was pure, happy coincidence, each and every time. He had been wanting to see more of her - he'd never deny that - and sometimes, the only way to do that was to become something of a stalker, a detective, a hunter.

From the skies, most pale, small-framed beasts looked alike - the stallion found himself coming across many new creatures and beings as he searched for the one with the twisted horn and striped rump.

He had learned a few things since last seeing her, and it would be a lie if he didn't admit to himself that he did want to show his new 'talents' to her.

The lust, the desire, that had been ignited at their first ever encounter together had not been forgotten by the steed - it was the first time he had had to fight off the beast within, the carnal, primitive creature who sought only to spread his seed and genes to the next generation. It had been torture to leave her side that day, but though he was named for a beast, he would not force such a thing on anyone, no matter how strong, how powerful those urges became.

But they were very powerful urges. When offered with a situation that allowed him to express them, he couldn't deny them. Eldala had been the one who lit the original match - but Mordecai had been the one to start the inferno from it. Still, in the wake of that inferno, Ivezho wanted to see how Eldala was; primarily as a friend who cared, and wanted to learn more of her; secondly, to see what may come of the flames that danced between them (for surely she felt it too, that pull, that desire..).

When she spoke, he heard her, for as she searched the skies for him, he crept along the tall, yellowed grasses of the Meadow. Flying could only give you a general overview - once he had found what he hoped was her trail, he had taken to the same mode of transport as she (walking), to better his chances of tracking her. And it had worked - and her words, her body language, everything about her, screamed out that desire he remembered, that shared feeling of carnal urges and devious acts.

He would have her tonight.

The thought of it excited him, it awoke the beast within him - which would prove problematic if he needed to concentrate on not-getting-stabbed should she decide to follow through with this request to fight. With a grin upon his maw, the stallion let out a deep rumbling call, a summons, a call-to-arms.

Ask, and you shall receive, my dear little crème lady.

"'Dala, " he said by way of greeting, his voice thick with the sensations rolling through him (though he managed to keep a straight face, and carry on as if his loins weren't on fire just at the sight of her, it was just difficult). "You want to learn the dance of the warrior?" He asked with a brow raised in silent challenge, as he aimed to approach her - he was off to her right, having tracked her across the Meadow for a few hours, he wondered whether she would turn and face up to him, or ignore him, or even run from him.

Ivezho was the son of the greatest warrior in the lands, and from a herd whose militaristic lifestyle meant one was either fit or they died. His physique was naturally inclined towards battle prowess, but his experience was certainly lacking.

That didn't matter to him, right now, however. Right now, he would be at the pinnacle of his fighting career, if it meant the opportunity to dance with this girl who had invaded his thoughts, his dreams, (and definitely the urges across his body) since they had first met. Right now, Ivezho would be a battle-master, a coach, to her slim, beautiful self - he didn't care for the consequences (actually, he rather hoped for certain consequences).

Lifting his wings from his side, Ivezho burst into a speedy canter suddenly, abruptly. With a laugh, he tried to approach the smooth contours of her shoulder. With a sweep of his crown, he attempted to lay a biting kiss upon her right shoulder as he passed by, before carving a path out that would hopefully allow his long legs to sketch a rough clock-wise turning circle around her frame. "Lesson one," he said, with a devilish smile upon his maw, "never stop moving."
Ivezho
image credits

795 words.
1/3 attack posts.
0/1 closing defence.
Thistle Meadow, Orangemoon, afternoon/turning into evening.

--
WELCOME TO WHIT'S TEACHING TIPS OF DOOM

We have the wonderfully unique situation of doing both an IC and OOC teaching spar, woohoo :D

OK, so I'm going to just go ahead and explain EVERYTHING (that I can) - not because I assume you are Jon Snow and know nothing, but just to be sure there is no confusion anywhere across any aspect of spars ;D

First simple things to remember:
Word count. Do not go over it. Keeping below the 800 word count is an easy way to keep all possible HP. There is a penalty for each post that you post that exceeds the word count. To do this effectively: Be concise with your writing. Can you say in one word what you just said in three? Be brutal when you cull. If the sentence is superfluous, CUT IT OUT. In saying that, if you have words left over, consider whether you need to flesh your post out some more. Add more details into your attacks, add some more feelings, more thoughts, more consideration for your environment (will go into all this more as the fight progresses).

Post numbering. I've just posted the first attack of the thread - this is the first one that a Judge will read. Our thread will progress like this:
1/3 attack - Me.
1/3 attack - You.
2/3 attack - Me.
2/3 attack - You.
3/3 attack - Me.
3/3 attack - You.
1/1 closing defence - Me.
You don't do a closing defence because I did the first attack - and in that first attack post I don't have an opportunity to defend from any attacks, because you haven't made one yet.

Familiarise yourself with the battle rubric. This is what you are being judged with. We are judged on the same things as far as the content of our posts go, with the added Dice Rolling, to make our HP honest.

Interpreting the dice can be tricky, but I think of it as this:
a 6-sided die defines what damage is taken. 1/6, is the lowest possible combination, such damage will likely only affect your character for a single post (a bruise, a scrape, that might sting throughout the battle but doesn't hinder you in any way). 3/6 is about halfway to the biggest hurt you could take, this damage will definitely last into your next post and may cause you to have to re-evaluate what sort of attack you do, or how you defend your body against further attacks. 6/6 means OUCH, big time. This sort of damage will take a week or more to begin to heal, and will affect your character immensely throughout the fight.

In saying that, however, how you take damage also varies depending on the type of fight, and the types of attacks given. In an official challenge where chars are literally trying to shred each other, I would expect the interpretation of that damage to be heavier/deeper, whereas in a friendly spar like this one, where they don't -really- want to hurt each other, I would expect at most, deep bruises that ache like a bitch.

I will go into more detail once I have one of your attack posts to reply to - until then keep the following things in mind:

• How is Eldala feeling? You've illustrated this very well in your opening, but like I said, that post is not judged, so be sure to really get into the nitty gritty of what she's going through in your next post.
  • Ivezho just tried to give her a slobbery love-bite - how does she react?
  • Environment (I actually was very naughty and neglected to mention this much at all in my post!) - can she use anything to her advantage, or are they pretty much on an equal playing field?
  • Differences in their stats: Look at the stats that we've been given, compare them, use them to justify why Eldala might be smaller but faster than Ivez, why she takes damage from just a bite a certain way, etc.
  • Be really clear on everything - but don't powerplay. Always say that you're trying to do something, never that you actually did, even when positioning your character relative to mine, you can only 'hope' or 'aim' yourself a certain way - I struggle on this myself sometimes and it's always picked up on rubrics, so I'm ultra-aware of it now xD
  • Have fun! Spars can be a great way to really get to know your character, because you get to explore everything they are motivated by and you are pushed to write to the best of your ability - feel free to poke me on Skype if you need help interpreting the dice etc, but don't be afraid to just have a go at it either C:

• @Eldala

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

THE radiant knight himself appears just as her words cease their sound. His muscled structure slinks its' way 'round the brush while he steps into her burning sight. He was her religion and she his; they watched each other's body move only for the other. The mare found in him a savior to remove the burden of guilt. Even if only for the night, she'd breathe in his scent and feel forgiveness. Her mind's image hadn't betrayed her in his absence. The stallion's body was as tall, elegant, and strong as she remembered. He'd charge her a fair price for the fight with his strength and agile structure. But, she should be able to hold her own against a tall frame that would tire sooner than her own.

Amber light from the failing devil-sun caresses their bodies as he utters letters of his own. They were thick with emotion. Eldala thinks, briefly, that their emotions could get in the way of the fight...but then again, wasn't that the point in this instance? Her responding smile is the sultry smirk of one who knows that they're getting what they want. Cocky? Certainly. But, her voice is just as thick with thoughts when she replies, "Indeed, Ivez. Perhaps you'll win a token when we take our bows?"

It was not a tease but a promise. Her gaze proves as much. She shivered with anticipation under his watchful gaze. Muscles tense, wings unfold, and hooves hit the solid earth as he thrusts his body into a powerful canter. Initially, Eldala had thought the fairly barren meadow to be to a perfect place. But now, as she witnessed his approach, the mare thought somewhere with a few more barriers may have been better. The ability to employ agility in her favor meant utilizing obstacles with which she could trip him up(Entirely plausible considering the fall he'd taken at their first meeting.). Here there were only a few scattered bushes and rocks.

His hooves pound the earth and send hot vibrations up her legs. Still, stubbornness roots her to the spot. /I won't run this time./  Her muscles tense and, when he arrives at her right side teeth bared, she pushes her weight forward and tries to land a scraping smooch of her own on his right shoulder. It would be a shoulder for a shoulder, a meeting of equals, should it land. His rough kiss hits true on her right shoulder, removing some hair, and sends the thrills of pain and pleasure through her veins. The tingles pulse through her and pull a squealing sigh from her lips. She wasn't sure what to feel: panic or pleasure. The ache was already spreading the bruise throughout the spot on her upper shoulder that he'd hit...but it wouldn't disable her.

"Lesson number one..never stop moving." The words come thick with teasing tension. She knows he probably can't see it, but her face wears a grin at his words. "Ok, but how do you know which way to dodge if you never pause?" The devil's grin upon her savior's maw appears just in the peripheral of her left eye. She'd let him continue his circle until his body was completely behind her ass, making a T. Then she slides her tail to the side. The young mare holds it only a moment to see if he notices before letting out a small, speedy buck. It wasn't anything unbalancing or powerful. It was, however, most certainly a tease this time. She hoped to pull out the beast within, to unhinge his desires, to upset his focus even. Let him smolder just a little in this sunset.

OOC:
    WC- 590
    Attack Posts- 1/3
    Summary(idk if we still need these or not): Eldala takes the full attack. She gets a pretty decent scrape on her right shoulder. Its a bit sore but nothing that would cause anything except mild stiffness later on. She allows him to circle around until he is directly behind her, making a T. Then she tries to distract him by moving her tail to the side/releasing scent and then lets go a small buck. Its nothing that would grievously injure him or whatever but still def sassy like "come and get me" kinda thing.
    Note- I'm sure there's probbablyy Grammar issues in her but like I looked it over five times and just couldn't see anything anymore.lol.

-Pixel by Niki-

Ivezho Posts: 71
    Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
    Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
    To truly understand the beast,
    one must meet him,
    and unlock that which beats within his glowing chest.
    If looks could transmit thoughts, Ivezho would have been totally and completely distracted, more-so than he already was, just by the sight of her. Her mention of a token, however, was what truly did him in. His loins seemed to be burning, his excitement barely contained - he prayed to all the gods that she meant what he hoped she meant. Eldala was the first to have truly stolen his attention in that way, the first to really ignite that fire within. She had awoken him, or the beast within him, but then she had turned him away, shunned the beast, declined and denied both of their desires (for Ivezho was sure he didn't imagine her reciprocation that night). In turning him away, he had found solace in another, an outlet, or freedom as he had called his time with Mordecai.

This was different to that 'freedom': this was intense, exquisite, a conquest that would not be temporary or forgotten; he was surprised to find himself admit that if it meant the ruin of their friendship, he would not commit that lusty act which he so sorely desired to.

The taste of her sweat and fur on his tongue was both salty and spicy - her personal musk was his favourite flavour, for only Eldala tasted like Eldala. A small dash of guilt might have washed through him as his teeth connected a bit rougher than he initially intended - but then, she was the one asking for this, and he was not going to deny her (hell, if he could help it, he'd never deny her anything). It was purely the fact that the length of his neck was longer than hers that allowed him to completely miss the return lovebite she sent his way - he barely felt the wind of her lips passing near his shoulder.

Though he cannot see the grin she wore as she spoke, her tones reveal the playfulness, the cheek, the deviousness that simply was Eldala, and it further excited him, for it meant that she was still on board, still with him, and he with her. A deep, hearty laugh chuckled from this throat at her question, and he was about to answer when-

- her tail lifted and -

- he couldn't stop his steps from creeping closer to her, his haunches bunching as his forelegs seemed to step higher, his wings lift from his sides to sweep forward and embrace her and-

-- thump!

It was so swift, he barely saw it coming, and when he did, he was far too overcommitted to escape its strike range. A deep grunt rolled through him, but he was lucky in that he was tall, (much taller than she,) and he had been half-rearing behind her as well, adding to height of her target. Delicate little hooves thumped against his pectorals, and it was the surprise of the impact that really shook Ivezho, rather than the actual, physical aspect of it. Scrambling his own hindlegs beneath him, he backed up in a great hurry, pumping his wings to move himself further. A snort rippled through his nostrils as he shook his crown angrily at his own foolishness, before he ground his teeth and pressed onwards, aiming to resume the clockwise circle he had been trotting about her form previously.

"Good!" he said, laughing away the anger that had flared previously - he wasn't angry at her, after all, rather, he was pretty proud of her. Physically, she was a good deal shorter, smaller, softer than he, which would usually mean she was at a disadvantage. But Eldala used what she had in a creative and effective way - which was exactly what attributes made a successful warrior (perhaps that's why I'm no soldier of the Throat).

"Won't work a second time though," he warned with a grin, before he turned himself sharply to aim directly for the right side of her barrel. He pressed himself forward with all the power of his hindquarters behind him, stepping high over the autumn meadow, flaring his wings to catch any of the chilly breeze his movement generated to lift him. He wanted to soar over her, not to touch her, but to taunt her, scare her, show her what it was to be a pegasus. And then, upon landing, he mimicked her strike against him, and kicked out his hindlegs towards her. There was no real power behind the motion, for he did not want to hurt her - only to show her exactly what he was capable of, and hope that she would do the same (and, his chest hurt a bit too, but he wasn't about to admit that, especially to her, or himself).
    Ivezho
    image credits

788 words.
    2/3 attack posts.
    0/1 closing defence.
    Thistle Meadow, Orangemoon, afternoon turning into evening.

TEACHING TIPS!::
    Great post Goat!
    I'm going to use the same sub-headings that a judge would use, let me know if you find them helpful or not!
    Also, the summary is not compulsory/necessary (I don't do them because lazy), but if you feel that it helps you then by all means keep going them. Just remember though, if you mention something in your summary that didn't actually happen in your post, it technically didn't happen!

Realism:
    This is where judges will look at how accurately you interpreted the dice roll given, through how your character dodges/doesn't dodge, or takes damage.
    Eldala rolled a 3 for damage this time, so I think you took his simple bite pretty well. A bit of skin off and a general ache is a pretty good summation for this kind of spar - but be sure to mention how it might ache still at least in your next post too. Also - did it hurt her when she bucked out at him? Could that have affected the power behind her kick? Will it affect the types of attacks she does in the future? Keep this in mind throughout your fight.

Emotion:
    This is basically where you want to have your judges so captivated, so involved with your character, that they feel what your character is feeling. Eldala is feeling rather frisky - why? What is it that makes her feel that way? Spring/Birdsong is a while away, so it's not her hormones - is it something else? Why is she so attracted to Ivezho? What about their past interactions have led her to feel this way, to want him this way? Does she admire him? Hate him? She lusts after him, sure, but why? And why does she think that this is the best way to get her release? Explore your character a bit more - you have the word count to spare - what makes Eldala Eldala?

Prose:
    Grammar, writing style, etc, is judged here. Your writing is very easy to read and your grammar is mostly spot-on. You keep your tense in the present perfectly, the only little things I can see is:

His muscled structure slinks its' way 'round the brush while he steps into her burning sight. - "its' " should just be "its".

The ability to employ agility in her favor meant utilizing obstacles with which she could trip him up(Entirely plausible considering the fall he'd taken at their first meeting.). - should be:
    The ability to employ agility in her favor meant utilizing obstacles with which she could trip him up (entirely plausible considering the fall he'd taken at their first meeting).

Readability:
    This is judged separate to prose as some writers have a certain style (mine would be endless run-on sentences lol), if they can make it really work for them, it doesn't disrupt the way the reader interprets or reads through the post. If a judge has to read through a post more than once they generally will start knocking points or half-points off here, because remember - judges have to read each post of the spar, at least 7 of them, that's a fair chunk of reading. You want to make it as smooth a process as possible for them! I find reading posts out loud (sounds silly but it does help!) really helps me score more points here. Your last paragraph, for example, is mostly short sentences, where, when read out loud, kind of sounds a bit jarring, stopping and starting a lot. Try to mix it up a little bit - commas can be your friend too!

That's all I have for this post, keep up the great work :)

@Eldala

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

HE does exactly what she wants, performing for the audience of one, and her kick hits true. Her bite on his shoulder may have missed but the satisfying feeling of her hooves thumping his body makes up for the loss.  "Good!" comes his deep voice, letting her know that she'd hit just right. The stallion doesn't stop the Tango, though, but continues with a deep chuckle. His praise slows her fluttering heart and provides her some release from the stress of doing what she'd feared most. He was such a constant in this new life; never far away and yet never clinging too close. She supposed that was why she'd chosen him tonight in her explosion of frustration and determination./I doubt I'd be unleashing this pent-up Molotov cocktail of fear and desire with anyone other than someone I trusted to be in my life for a while./

She chuckles and gives him her warmest, deepest eyes in spite of his next words that exclaim her actions won't upset his balance again.  Ivezho could say all he wanted but they both knew what was going to happen at the end of this number, regardless of the outcome, and that was bound to make even the most seasoned warrior distracted. He seems determined, none-the-less, as he aims a charge at her right barrel.

Eldala braces herself for a swift dodge only to find him lifting up and over her body. Her surprise is obvious and, for a moment she stops moving, before playfully trying to nip at his tail for showing off. She doesn't expect him to try to kick out because it wasn't like they were actually fighting or anything....But then he lands on her other side(the left). She doesn't even have time to collect herself before his double-barreled kick lashes out and hits her square in her left barrel. Air whooshes out from her body in a strained grunt as a deep pain pulses through her body. She couldn't be sure what passing out felt like but she was pretty sure that if he'd hit her any harder she'd have seen spots. The pain from the wound almost paled in comparison to the pit that had dropped through her stomach. It was that hollow, nauseating pain of betrayal. She was pretty sure he hadn't meant to hit her that hard, he'd probably been expecting her to pay attention, but the feeling was still there.

"Unngghh, fuck. That hurt." Eldala recovers enough to stare at him with mild annoyance from behind squinted eyes. "But if you think I'm going to quit because of that you'd be sorely mistaken." She wheezes out a few chuckles, clearly doing anything other than making him think her still battle ready. The hazelnut mare knew she could stop now, give in, let him win...but what fun would that be? What sort of worthy mare just gives up instead of finishing what she started. /You asked for this and these are things that happen in fights./

Bruised? Yes. In pain? Sure. But, she had solid endurance, and she was not going to stop now. Resolute, she waits to see if he turns around to inspect her after his hit before heaving herself forward into a strike. She closes the short distance swiftly, determination propelling her, to try and land a chunky bite on his right shoulder. There is a difference in this from her past attack in that she does not plan to run away from him this time. No, she'd learned her lesson; to give the massive stallion space was to allow him to land a full attack. Instead, after she tries for the bite she attempts to stay up against him, her chest pressing into his right front. This would leave her aching right shoulder exposed, yes. However, the position protected her extremely painful left side from further injury. Should she manage to stay on him her breath would be hot on his hide. Her sweat would mingle with his own and things might get to be anything but innocent. But somehow, somewhere along the way, she'd forgiven herself for past transgressions. Now, all that lay before her was the present and the possibility of tasting Ivezho on her tongue.

Word Count: 708
    Attack Posts: 2/3
    Summary: Eldala gets distracted when he flies over her head because she tries to reach the end of his tail/nip at it playfully. Therefore, the kick hits her square in her left barrel. Following this she's thrown off and wheezes for a second before pushing herself forward and trying to land a bite on his right shoulder. Regardless of whether that hits or not she's going to try to stay close to him in order to preserve energy as well as to try and protect her now weakened left side.

Le Notes:
    -Thanks so much for your patience. The prose might not be as good in this one but I finally got it out. lol.
    -Thanks for the notes and how they've been so thoroughly laid out. Its honestly very helpful to have a guide to go off of while starting back up again. The pointers/tips have been great. Imma keep the summary because it helps me confirm and re-evaluate things. xD
    -I tried to cover her emotions well: the satisfaction over the hit of her kick, why she decided that she wants him right now(simply a matter of frustration at herself for holding back, and she trusts him/feel safe, so she chose him rather than a random dude), how she felt a little betrayed when he went accidental ham on the kick, and then determination to not give up afterwards.
    - Realism was really tough for me on this one and how to go about taking things/the damage/etc but I tried my best.
    -I *tried* to get my sentences to be a little longer/flow a little more but I have like zero idea if that worked.haha.

@Ivezho

-Pixel by Niki-

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
    OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
    Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
    Time
    Ivezho defaults to Eldala