the Rift

Vultures Circle

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty
THE VULTURE CIRCLES

Wings ached to be spread— he had been in these trees for too damn long. A scowl covered the starkly marked face, glare scraping the dry trunks around him. White ears were pinned in the tangled mass of black mane, dead leaves and sticks caught among the few cream and brown strands. A sharp snort flared out of black nostrils— the only redeeming quality was the comfortably cool weather which sent a cloud around his muzzle. But brisk, annoyed strides carried him straight through the cloud, large hooves crunching the forest litter. Thick head swept to and fro, searching for some kind of thinning of the irritatingly thick trees. Teeth ground, tangled tail flicked, and eyes narrowed; So much for finding the asylum of this ‘Helovia.’

Squelching the urge to kick something (those trees should be good for something, right?), he broke into a ground-shaking jog, tightly tucking his multi-colored feathers to his sides to better navigate the trunks. There! There streaks of sunlight illuminated a small clearing. It was miserably tiny, but it there was still more room there than where he was. Lurching to a lope, heavy hoof-falls pound the earth before flinging up dry earth as he happened upon the opening. A groan of relief growled from his throat, halfway opening the massive wingspan of great feathers. Could this beast even fly? His wings were impressive, but he looked so heavy

Half-flapping the partially spread span, he moved enough air to suggest he could lift his heavy form. Regardless, raptor gaze of red and yellow glare around the gloomy forest, not yet ready to fold his wings again.

G R A A S V O E L
image credit || texture

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

I have returned to the Dragon's Throat. I still do not feel joy in my return. I feel guilt for still not being with my adoptive mother. I feel anger for being told where I have to be; even if by a god. I still feel like an Outcast among a herd where I have not a single friend as of yet.

There are things that cannot be helped and there are things that can. I am certainly capable of making friends. I suppose. I have made numerous acquaintances. I just have to get better at moving past that stage. It is an easier thought to mull over than what it is to act upon.

My wing muscles ache today. There is no more than a lazy breeze to help with flight and I did not have my time as a foal to build more of the muscle used in flight. I had not learned to fly until after my heart was healed. I am thankful as the Threshold comes into view and my muscles tremble with excitement that comes at the thought of rest.

I catch glimpse of a clearing and another pegasus, a potential newcomer to Helovia, stands within it. It is only a small clearing so I am skeptical of my ability to land in the space not occupied by the stranger but it is that same skeptic attitude towards myself that makes me try. At what point will I gain confidence?

I end up littered in leaves from the tree limbs that I brush against but I land without too much hassle. Pride in the feat make me feel more open and friendly. I flash a smile to the one I landed so close to. "You are a newcomer?" My voice is breathy from the exertion flight had required. Right now recruiting is among my only responsibilities as a herd member. I am no more than a citizen currently. I do not like the social aspects of going to recruit in the Threshold but there is much about it that I do enjoy. It gives me time to myself and it gets me away from the land of the Dragon's clutch. "The sky is not welcoming flight right now." I pause feeling uncomfortable, "Could I have some of your time?"

Notes; My posts will get better from here. Words are not wanting to work with me tonight. Sorry for such a blah-ish post. I am excited to thread with @Graasvoel

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

smitty
THE VULTURE CIRCLES

Head jerks up as the sound of breaking branches and disturbed leaves comes from above. Quickly, he snaps his wings to his sides— it would do well to break one of the massive appendages by someone landing on them. And the small clearing wasn’t large enough for himself, his wings, and the pegasus crashing through the canopy.

At first, annoyance flared through him. A warning was warranted when landing so close to another’s wings. Or landing so close to another at all. Though, he supposed, the noisy entrance through the trees should have been warning enough. Still, annoyance and irritability narrowed his red and yellow ringed irises— until he actually saw the smiling creature.

Irritation melted, forgotten in the gold-dusted face framed by ivory tresses. White ears perk forward, a grin crossing his maw as her breathy voice reached him. “I am a newcomer, yes,” the roughness of his voice came from his throat in answer to her question. Raptor gaze watches her in the closeness of their small clearing, regarding the delicate arch of her neck and gold dusting of wings, even the slenderness of her flanks moving from the exertion of flight; the high cheekbones and white pupils were not missed, either. How fortuitous for him that such a lovely mare happened to greet him in Helovia.

He could easily forgive the trees if this is what lived in them.

Almost unwillingly, his white throat and tawny neck stretch upwards, turning his gaze to look at the sky she claimed was not welcoming flight? “It’s not? What a shame,” though the growl of his voice implied that it was not a shame, “Then I guess we’re stuck earthbound, together.” He grinned again as she paused, obvious discomfort radiating for her body.

“Could I have some of your time?” Could she ever. He blinked once, lowering his head to her level, “You can have all my time in the world, love. I am Graasvoel, but call me Gaal,” gaze shifts past her eyes, to the cream tresses that were tangled with leaves and twigs, “And you’ve got something there—” Black muzzle reaches out, lips aiming to dislodge a rather large branch tangled in her cream forelock.

G R A A S V O E L
image credit || texture

@Faeanne ;] hehe

Outcast
TierRen

“It’s not? What a shame," I nod in agreement,  “Then I guess we’re stuck earthbound, together.” My nod towards that statement is halting. "Yes, I suppose that being with another is pleasant enough." But most underestimate the joy that is to be found in being alone.

“You can have all my time in the world, love. I am Graasvoel, but call me Gaal,” Love? Does he know me well enough to call me such an endearment? What makes him so sure that I want all of his time. I guess that I did ask him if I could have some of it but I hardly think that some equates to 'all of the time in the world'. "Well actually I do not think that I would need that much of your time." It is a hasty after thought that I add on, "Dear." I look at him smugly. See how he likes endearment from a stranger.

“And you’ve got something there—” "What is it?" I begin to step back but he reaches forward quicker than what I move. Could he not have just told me so that I could take care of it myself? Eyes narrowed I wait for whatever flirtatious line may come out of this. Whenever he pulls a branch from my forelock I am surprised. "I would have felt foolish had I returned home with that stowaway there," I cannot stand for my hair to be out of place. "Thank you Graasvoel." My thanks is genuine and so is the smile that I give him. I doubt that he has meant ill with his words and I do have to admit that he does seem to be a charmer; I am sure that some girls may have gone weak in the knees over this one.

"I am Faeanne." You can call me Faeanne. Inwardly I grin at the sarcastic thought. The grin falls whenever I come across the thought that I am called no more than Faeanne because I do not have any friends that would give me a nickname. I am Faeanne to all and none. "This land is called Helovia." I do not know where to go from this part. "I--," I pause to gather my thoughts, "It is a part of my duty as a civilian of the Dragon's Throat to recruit members." I hope to become a healer, then at least there would be some pride in introducing my herd and my ties to it. "If there are any questions that you have about the Dragon's Throat or the rest of Helovia I am here to answer them for you."

While I wait for his answer I run my eyes over Graasvoel. What a statement his coloring makes, even more so than what his size does. After taking the rest of the stallion in my eyes trace the twin lines of black up his face to meet his eyes. I am intrigued by them. Eyes of molten gold meet those of yellow amber.

Notes; I am so sorry for the wait! @Graasvoel

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

link to thread tracker

smitty
THE VULTURE CIRCLES

A loud, bawdy laugh erupts from his throat, nearly shaking the dry leaves in their small clearing, as she hastily claims that she does not need much of his time with the added endearment of ‘dear.’ It is her smug smile that pulls the laugh from him— tuft of a black beard swaying beneath his chin. “Too late, you’ve already got all my time,” his words sounded around the after-shocks of his chuckles. When his barrel stopped moving and his great wings resettled along his sides.

Though his mirth subsides at her smile— this one is different from before. The first was small, a fleeting cover for nervousness. This one was real, genuine, and it alights her gold-dusted face. Though, in spite of her beauty, he notes with irritation that she has called him by his full, given name. A name so oft sounded by the selfish, conniving bitch of a mother.

The smoothing of laugh lines and sideways flick of his ear were the only outward signs of his annoyed and darkening thoughts. “The pleasure’s all mine, Faeanne,” the earlier mirth that had colored his flirtations paled somewhat in the face of his thoughts, an edge beneath his rough voice.

She continues to speak, confirming that this land is, indeed, Helovia. A sigh of relief huffs through his dark nostrils, ringed irises not wavering from her form. Part of her ‘duty,’ eh? The stallion parts of him wondered what else was part of her duty as a mare in this ‘Dragon’s Throat’— but he refrained from voicing such lewd questions.

And when she finished speaking, he feels her white-pupiled eyes sliding across his body. Though the change is slight, he cannot help the easy masculinity that suddenly boasted in his muscles and height. See as turnabout’s fairplay, he allows his own gaze to rake once again over her form, appreciating all that is slender and feminine beneath the dusted coat. Too soon, he feels her gaze search for his, and he is torn from his admiration to meet her eyes. “It is ‘part of your duty’? Try not to sound so thrilled about it, sweetheart,” he stresses the last endearment, a grin crossing his face as he awaited to see what affect this pet name would have on Faeanne.

“Tell me, Fae,” his grin grew slightly as he shortened her name, “Why should I join your ‘Dragon’s Throat’?” His brows raise a bit as he ends in a question.

G R A A S V O E L
image credit || texture

@Faeanne he's having way to much fun with her XD

Orithia Posts: 59
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
ORITHIA

"You shouldn't join the Dragon's Throat."

The statement was flat and without emotion, just like the pastel eyes that rested upon the winged pair. The ivory maiden stood between two thin trees some distance away, the same spot she had been occupying for the better part of the day. How the two equines had not noticed her was not of her concern, she was here on orders to bring home a foreigner and one had stumbled into her midst. Moving from her place between the twin trunks, the dove made her way toward the two pegasi, all the while evaluating the massive stallion that had trampled his way into Helovia.

Beneath the keen appraisal that was her gaze, Orithia noted the layers of muscle and hair that dressed the behemoth; he was like a furred version of her own scythe-horned King. Blinking slowly and coming to a stop before the two strangers, the desert rose flicked her lengthy tail and continued to unabashedly study Helovia's newest mammoth stallion. A slow moving breeze wound its way through the forest and caused the sleek white feathers that covered Orithia's wings to ruffle ever so slightly.

It also brought the foreigner's scent.

Eyes flashing with something not quite aggressive, the blushed lass's ears tilted back as she searched the stallion's pale face. She paid no mind to the gold brushed Throat mare not out of petty cruelty, but due to protectiveness; to call attention to the silver-eyed Faeanne would push her into the path of danger. Shifting so that her lithe frame stood angled between the mountainous stallion and the Throat mare, Orithia fixed him beneath a gaze dripping with animosity and suspicion. Breathing deep, the coral stained warrior stepped closer to the monstrous Graasvoel, her queenly skull held high in a subconscious show of dominance.

"You smell of the City on the Plains." She blinked against the blaze of memories kindled beneath the scent of Dorobo, "Whatever havoc you intend to bring to Helovia will not be dished out upon the Dragon's island. You would be better suited to the World's Edge." The muscles along her spine and shoulders had stiffened and the blushed mare had to make a conscious effort to resist lashing out at the stag. Clenching her teeth, the desert rose sifted through memories of Uumalah and the war parties of Plains stallions she had been forced to entertain, wracking her brain for a stallion that resembled the creature she now faced.

The Throat was too similar to Uumalah for Orithia to trust a Plains stallion near the mares that dwelled in the sands.

@graasvoel @faeanne
JUST SHOVING OUR WAY ON IN HERE - - wrote it in a way that Uumalah (Orithia's birth country/city) received a lot of patronage from Dorobean stallions, if that is something you're not down with, i'll change it ^.^
[Image: ypCJIiV.png]
Honestly, kick her ass at any time. Seriously.
Any and all aggressive and non-aggressive contact permitted.
Please no permanent injury or death. We'll get to that part at some point.
xoxo

Outcast
TierRen

“Too late, you’ve already got all my time.” I have to fight the laughter that threatens to follow in response to his own. My teeth hold my tongue in place but I doubt that the laughter could be hidden in my eyes. It is only whenever I think back and realize that he could have been laughing at me that I feel my feathers ruffle and my eyes loose the laughter that they held.

"Graasvoel, Gaal," my voice is saturated with sarcasm at the mention of the nickname he had offered so freely, "Tell me, what makes you think that I desire so much of your time?" Despite how infectious his laughter had threatened to be I cannot say that I am impressed with his inflated ego; it is so large that I suppose it may be a wonder that either of us are capable of standing in the clearing alongside it. But a question churns in my stomach that would do so for days if I allowed it to go without answer, "Who would wish to spend such time with me?" My eyes immediately drop to my hooves. A blush flushes my face brought on by the embarrassment of actually going as far as to voice the question and with distaste with myself for having lowered as far as to ask a stranger. It was enough for me to hope he would not follow me to the Dragon's Throat.

“The pleasure’s all mine, Faeanne.” I cautiously raise my eyes back to his face and I search for any lies that he may hide within the words. The change in his tone leaves me to wonder what had crossed his mind and only makes me wonder more of what he may think of me. I hate how I clamber for the acceptance of others. I crave some sort of validation; I thirst for someone to give me their approval whether it be stranger or not.

“It is ‘part of your duty’? Try not to sound so thrilled about it, sweetheart.” Laughter followed with only a slight snort of discomfort comes after he puts such emphasis on the endearment. Graasvoel had, without a doubt, noticed the discomfort and annoyance that his previous attempt at speaking in such a manner had given me. He was trying to push my buttons. In some sort of odd way knowing what he tries to do makes me feel more comfortable around him. It makes me feel the need to be more honest with him.

"I just don't--" I start to explain to him how I feel about the Throat. I start to put to voice how I feel as though I am only welcome there due to the God of the Sun. I almost tell him that I feel as though I was only healed by the god because he wanted another pretty face to add to his collection. "You shouldn't join the Dragon's Throat." I do not get a chance to say any of what I think before the beautiful stranger steps between us with both her body and her opinion. I only look to Graasvoel and shrug, because what more is there to do?

"You smell of the City on the Plains." I am put on edge by her attitude towards the stallion. Did they come from the same place? Was he a threat? "Whatever havoc you intend to bring to Helovia will not be dished out upon the Dragon's island." My eyes widen in fear at her words and also with a touch of betrayal. Obviously we were not friends, but I had been about to open myself to Graasvoel for whatever addle brained reason. I write him off as a reminder that one cannot open so easily to strangers. "You would be better suited to the World's Edge." Her following words make me narrow my eyes in confusion, "Is it not unwise to invite someone to your own herd that you do not trust to join another?" Afterall, the Dragon's Throat is known for its adept warriors.

Notes; @Graasvoel and @Orithia

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

link to thread tracker

smitty
THE VULTURE CIRCLES

Ringed eyes watch Faeanne closely, seeing her gold eyes brighten as he laughed. Well, score one for the vulture, making the pretty lady amused. His grin widened at her sarcastic questions. “What makes you think that I desire so much of your time?” His brows raise slightly, “Do you not? And here I was thinking you wanted to take me home with you.” Humor crosses his face at his suggestive words, continuing to watch the mare closely. Though, at her next, self-conscious questions and accompanying blush. Thick head cocked slightly, beard swaying as he answered her somewhat rhetorical question, “I think you’d have a hard time finding a stud who wouldn’t want to spend time with you Fae. I’m here still, right?” He blinked his raptor eyes once, awaiting answers before—

“You shouldn’t join the Dragon’s Throat.”

Another, flat voice answered his questions in lieu of the gold-dusted Fae. Eyes snapped to the ivory pegasus maiden that just advanced through the the trunks, further crowding the already tiny clearing. Not that the goliath would complain— he was pushed into close quarters with two lovely women. What was there to complain about?

"You smell of the City on the Plains.” A closer inspection of this newly appeared woman revealed flashing eyes and a strange familiarity. The coral-kissed skin, the violent eyes, the proud face— she could be no other than, “Am I meeting the infamous Orithia, massacress of Uumalah?” Something leapt to attention in him, something masochistic and masculine, exciting his favored appendage that hung between his legs. Raptor eyes honed in on the malicious, pale glare of the desert rose.

“Is there a reason I should follow you, daughter of Uumalah’s Seductress, to your ‘World’s Edge’?” Where his voice had been gruff and light with Faeanne, there was not a deeper, darker edge as he questioned the teeth-clenched mare of the Oasis. One could see the shifting of his pupils as he stared at Orithia.

A white ear flicked towards Faeanne as she questioned the wisdom of inviting a man like him to their home. His brows raised, awaiting Orithia’s reply— as he was quite interested to hear it.

G R A A S V O E L
image credit || texture

ooc| @Orithia A MONTH LATER omg sorry guys!

Orithia Posts: 59
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
ORITHIA

He had told her she was a protector.

That towering brute with the twisted horn and the scars that painted his body like so many hateful kisses, he had told her that she was a protector. With those baby blues and that commanding presence, he had settled the mantle of fierce warrior and sacrificial lamb upon her shoulders. She could feel the weight there; the crushing presence of her herdmates' lives, of the responsibility that lay before her in an endless stream. 

The hope that she represented as a tiny flare lashing out against the ceaseless black.

The banshee knew nothing of sacrifice, but she was familiar with ferocity, and so with the giant at her back, she might just have an inkling to become something more; and it was with those ideals and pressures that she stared unflinchingly at a ghost materialized from the past. He spoke her name, all at once mocking and curious, with those amber eyes drilling holes into her core. She almost laughed at the notion, for no matter how deep the monster would dig, he would find nothing but ashes beneath that beautiful ivory skin.

Teeth clenching, the muscles that coiled about her rump and shoulders felt near to tearing from tension as Orithia struggled not to choke on her own venom. It was only the soft voice of the Dragon's child that broke the trancelike rage in the desert rose's heart. Turning her head toward the gold-dusted mare, the blushed woman took in the muted grandeur that shone beneath the stranger's skin. Hair the shade of opals dripped to the earth in thick, shining strands as wings dappled with the sun's own lips sprung from her back. With eyes the color of riches, the Throat mare was nothing if beautiful.

And it was her beauty that posed the biggest threat.

Turning her attention back toward the blood washed benehmoth, Orithia's glare only became more vehement as she saw herself in the kindly innocence that practically poured off of the Throat woman. There, in those naïve eyes the shade of a desert sunset she had found the leggy yearling who had played with Taht and laughed in the wind. She would be damned if another victim would be borne of her actions. She would be damned if this monster lived to see another day without surveillance. Stepping closer to the towering plainswalker, Orithia forced the wedge between his body and that of the silver-haired mare to widen before speaking through the disgust that layered her tongue.

"Let me tell you something, mabonde uchafu," She spat the slur, her body trembling with barely checked animosity, "You are a danger to every beautiful thing. It is in your very nature to destroy anything innocent and good." Pushing against his shoulder with her chest, the desert rose gritted her teeth, waves of emotion threatening to blot out reality, "The World's Edge has a King that stems from your kind and he'll know how to handle you. Until then, you cannot be trusted around anything or anyone," She gazed pointedly at the Throat mare, "that is worth something."

Stretching up so that her lips brushed at the plain's stallion's cheek, the pale medusa let her voice fall in pitch, forcing intimacy into her tone without so much as a blink, "Uumalah was just practice, do you truly think that if a city could not staunch the flow of my massacre, you could? I will find you if you flee and I will make the destruction of Uumalah look like child's play. Do you understand, my sweet mabonde uchafu?" She pressed her lips to his neck in a kiss that dripped poison and promise before pulling away and beginning the long trek back to the World's Edge and the comforting presence of her monarch.

"Aren't you coming, uhuni?"

@graasvoel @faeanne WOW HI SORRY IM THE WORST

mabonde uchafu = plains filth

uhuni - slang for troublemaker
[Image: ypCJIiV.png]
Honestly, kick her ass at any time. Seriously.
Any and all aggressive and non-aggressive contact permitted.
Please no permanent injury or death. We'll get to that part at some point.
xoxo