the Rift

[OPEN] so they dug your grave [Joining!]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable
Prometheus
and Pyr
We have watched them, you and I.

Watched and waited.

The years have come and gone—time dragging days away into months, the seasons molding both earth and firmament with rough fingers of wind and rain. The world turns on and on; ever moving, ever changing, and ever evolving. Time passes beneath me—beneath the infected gaze of the zombie child, the undead, the cursed wretch of the shadows (is that what you think they would call me now, brother? Cursed?) I can’t help but let slip a wide smile, amused by the title, thick blood oozing slowly from fetid lips and spraying with the breath of my hoarse laughter.

How ignorant they are.

They would benefit from an example, a show of what it would truly mean to be cursed. I suppose the time has finally come, hasn’t it? The shadows can no longer shelter us, my brother, as dear as they have come to be (and I let go of them willingly, heeding your gentle prodding when large paws carry you ahead of me, because I know even then, we will not be alone).

From the darkness, we emerge as one. I blink against the moon’s full light, disease-ridden eyes clotted and seeping with the death that pollutes my body (my soul), before I look to you. Your face is much less critical than my own, uninhibited by greed or poison—and I try not to think of your scars, those chains, refusing to acknowledge how foolish I might have been

—focusing instead on the cusp of our glory, for we have arrived.

Releasing a long sigh that rattles with death, I call upon my magic to transform me. Decaying muscles thicken beneath once-rotten skin, healthy now by the magic that courses through my body, raising me to what I could have—should have—been. The dead child is gone, his putrid figure and macabre thoughts hidden behind the stallion, tucked away and thriving beneath the thin guise of life. I laugh freely, delighted by the smooth sound as it breathes through silent organs, your growling purr deepening my ghoulish grin before, together, we delve into what was once ours.

I find it again without difficulty—that place in the mountains, tucked beneath their rocky peaks and risen above the others, uncrowned and groveling at our feet. I stride to its entrance with you at my side, pausing only a moment before coming to a halt. I debate treading further, probing into the borders (because, my dear brother, we bow to no one), but with the help of your firm cautioning, I do not. ‘Trespassing,’ You warn simply, and I hold your eyes with a glare before consenting with a nod.

After all, we have waited this long—

—what would a little more time mean now?

notes; He's in his potential form, no wings c:
Eeee I'm excited!!! This is open for anyone to join, but I'd like this thread to move along as quickly as possible, so no posting order apart from leads. Yay!
“Speech.”
evil angel
nothing but lies and crooked wings
@Deimos @Hotaru @Ashamin | image credits
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Deimos the Reaper
You can't take back the cards you've dealt on this 
long and lonely road to hell
the throne must be such a sad and lonely place

He lived in ambient chill, a scythe along the sinister coils of sedition, calamity, and insurrection, crooning intimidation, treachery, bloodshed, and mayhem. The King was a piece of the mountains, a fragment given life, given death, given to destruction, devastation, and diabolical corruption. Had he not been born outside Helovian walls, allowed to thrive along a glimmering shade of moonlit waves, one might even think he’d been sculpted from one of the immoral glaciers or sculpted from a tower of discordant marble. A breathing maelstrom, a thriving condemnation, he scaled and scalded the walls of his sovereign with an iron blade and a blackened, nefarious heart – allowing it to feel, to contort, to coil only for those sheltered along his confines. The Tartarean masterpiece, the Machiavellian opus, moved and maneuvered as a glacial behemoth, covered in shadows, veiled in nonchalance, in splinters and shackles of complete reticence, virile and malicious, contorting and ravaging, calling to wreckage, to havoc, as the spirals of winter descended upon them. The demon might have yielded to nothing, not to heaven, not to hell, not to purgatory, had his curious mind not been dipped and scalded by surging iniquity, by daring intrigue, by brutal, searing interest. Through the thickened parcels and piles of snow, the Lord had caught an unfamiliar scent (predatory? Feline?), ensnared its whims, mercurial efforts, capricious pursuits along the borders, and set about catching, snatching, and clawing carnivore inclinations.

Did something rummage at his borders, yearning to glimpse, hoping to strike? Did someone think they could wander into their midst, calculate, devastate?

The narrowed, piercing, puncturing weight of his gaze settled along the apparition standing on their doorstep, regarding the wraith, the figure, with a brooding, vile examination. While both frames didn’t hint at threats, at mercenary tactics, there was something lurking, lingering, beyond the depths of this silent meeting – as if he’d seen the stranger, or his companion, before – but naught came to mind, no meaning maintained. The infidel was sharp and shrewd, would’ve recalled the ivory gaze (was he blind?) or the vicious slight of the tiger (and why could he only catch the cat’s scent?). The questions and queries immersed in his mind kept a taut, tight leash on his stature, features rekindled in the acrimonious fervor of distance and apathy; sculpted blackguard, heathenous baron, bestial titan. The length of his gaze settled upon the stranger while he afforded and proffered brief, unwinding vocals. “Deimos, Lord of the Basin.” He sliced the air with a short, curt nod, and extended his voice once more. “Who are you? What do you seek here?” There was a tangled mystery, a tethered enigma, slinking amidst the nefarious snares and disastrous coils; and he’d find it, pluck it out, before the day was done – his memories coaxed, vibrant and sure, and one measure of intrigue managed to saunter from beyond his composure and control; stare narrowing, reeling for answers. “You advised Psyche once…” His voice trailed off, tempted by recollections – a meeting after Sinuhe and Africa had ventured into their midst, after they’d been bludgeoned, beaten, and destroyed. Now, years and seasons later, the strange thing had returned?

Photo and Table by Time
Photo taken at Hero's Square in Budapest, Hungary

@Prometheus

Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Prometheus
and Pyr
It doesn’t take long for him to come—that black reaper of the north, cutting through the crisp winter fog with predatory strides to stand like a sentinel before us, and brother—I welcome him. Confidently I meet his gaze, my filthy, tattered curtain of ghoulish thoughts and twisted intentions smoothed out to satin beneath this façade I wear, this trick of life. Am I not beautiful, brother? (Deceivingly, malevolently, and treacherously beautiful?) I suppress a dark chuckle with a sly twist of my lips, the skin like velvet as they press together into a grin (and where is the blood that dribbles from my chin? The death that clings to the very crux of my body?).

‘It can never truly leave you, brother.’

My grin deepens, a swell of pride blooming brilliantly before it is cut, severed by the sharp, unrelenting blade of—and what do you suppose it is? What is regret, what is shame? I wasn’t made for these things, for remorse, with only the thirst for blood and deceit raging through my dead, rotting veins—and I can see it. Forever, I can see the violence—my violence—in the scars that ensnare your powerful body, your skin mutilated by those chains (by me), and I can see all that I was.

Oh, but brother—I have become so much more with you! We are one, you and I. With the wrath of trickery and power, of death and fire, they will know us once again. I can almost taste it brother! My tongue is wet with desire, impatience, but firmly you bid caution to my restless mind, pushing patience upon me. We will have our time, brother; but for now, I focus on the mountain king, and it is only then when thin threads of memories are pulled through my mind, guided by a sharp needle of death.

I feel the cold claws reach for you first, thirsty for your breath and the steady beating of your heart, before I feel my own guise of life stroked by these frigid fingers. Instinctively I bristle, whipping my long tail sharply before I spare you a glance to ensure your safety (because I cannot lose you again, brother), though you assure me with a low growl. Perhaps I am momentarily too distracted to notice the flickering of my magic across my face, the faintest shimmer of ruin, bone, and rotted muscle marring perfect skin, before I return my attention to Deimos, as flawless as a God.

He is the quintain now. “Your memory is impressive, Lord Deimos,” my voice swells in this beautiful veneer, something between a purr and a growl while glowing, unblinking eyes settle steadily on the Reaper. So, I have not been completely forgotten in my absence? The pleasure that swells between us would be tangible could it be perceived by anyone else, brother, but this victory is only for us now. We will see what Helovia has left to offer us, what lies in these mountains now (and what is worthy). Vultures we might be, you and I, but now we must feast like kings.

“Once, many years ago, within these very mountains. Tell me, does the Dark Empress still hold her crown?” I offer the slightest tilt of my head, wondering what has become of the politics, of this land that once stood upon the others like a lion conquers its prey. Do you think it is still worth our time, brother? “My name is Prometheus,” I nearly sigh, though my voice is powerful as it slithers through the wintry air, complementing the clever twist of my lips, “I have come seeking acceptance once again.”

notes; So sorry for the wait, I'll try to get them up faster!
“Speech.”
evil angel
@Deimos | image credits

Heather

Deimos the Reaper

The wicked, heinous King stared, watched, examined with such a piercing scrutiny that the odd change from perfection to ruin did not go unnoticed. He’d been a part of this chilling, unholy world for too long to not calculate and examine all angles and possibilities, all shackles and tethers, all strange, unwinding circumstances. But, his eyes didn’t widen, his features didn’t alter, and he gave no claim of noticing anything in particular – stone and marble, iron and sword, slate and rubble, the epitome of control and composure. Meanwhile, his mind curled and coiled, a predacious lunge, a vicious, chaotic swing, pondering over the nature of a changeling in the midst of his borders (a monster, a demon, a morphing delusion?). When naught was said, when there was no explanation unfurled into the cold, frigid void, the Reaper’s skull yearned to pry and require answers, but something else deterred and distracted him from the phantasmal inquisition.

The Lord had been the one to bring up Psyche, but the notion continued, fixating on crowns and fiends, pernicious designs, scarred armaments and legacies tarnished by murder and mayhem. He’d never quite found a way to make up for all the dastardly, treacherous sways he’d dishonored the preceding Queen – standing over her fallen form before Mauja made her a pyre wasn’t atonement. She’d been laid to waste more than once, consigned to oblivion, legend, and disaster, and he hadn’t assisted her out of the pit along the way. Perhaps, when they were both ghosts, both wraiths, both floating, withering ethereal beasts, only spun from stories or myths, he’d offer his apologies, his unholy garb, his vicious shield again. He’d once been her sword, the General, stalking and destroying, full of convictions and violence and vehemence, deployed when she saw fit, when she required; before they lost again and everything came toppling down. His vocals, dark and piercing, blunt and keen, unraveled along the depths of their horizon, touching upon the whisper of death and the sinuous, unwinding ways in which their whims had cast them aloft or aside. “The DarkEmpress has died.” He didn’t dishonor her with the ways in which she’d been slain. He didn’t claim how she’d met her end. He didn’t explain that the Moon Goddess bewitched the sand Lord into massacring her, who used to be so strong, so vile, so abhorrent, and countless others, simply because she could. He wouldn’t tarnish the cold-blooded moments left behind.

Deimos’ thoughts reeled elsewhere, pinpointing upon this fiend here and now – because Psyche was no longer here, because the asp, the snake, no longer had her reign – and what did this Prometheus wish, crave, or yearn to do? Continue Psyche’s pursuits? Drive his sword through the chests of the weak? Of the inept? Of the foolish? Massacre the ignorant? Prey upon the masses?

The sovereign stared at the fellow infidel, hollowed and hallowed, unrelenting and vicious, because he still carried the vigilant, smoldering, seething, vehemence amidst his nefarious soul, his pernicious, licentious design, his Lucifer abyss; and if there were still more, still some, asking for the opportunity, the chance, to show the world what the Basin was truly capable of, he’d grant them their fortitude, their might, and their acceptance. But there were still things mired in between, still coils and threads, still unholy throngs crooning to their honored gallows; he spun another inquiry, just as eldritch and colossal as before. “How do you intend to serve the Basin?”

Photo and Table by Time

@Prometheus

Prometheus
and Pyr
I suppose it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the DarkEmpress is dead. After all, that is what mortals do, isn’t it? Live, only to die; they come and go like the pages of a book, each one taking up a little bit of time before it must be relinquished to another. But not us, my brother. Forever, we will live; together (because I cannot think of your probable mortality without grasping at rage to mask the sorrow) we will show them how merciful death might be (how they might welcome it). We have done it before; watched as the body’s light faded away to give into perdition, and ignite the havoc they so desperately deserved.

Suddenly my tongue is wet with hunger, an appetite that is so rarely satiated, and I meet the Reaper’s stare with an equal gaze. “What a shame,” I murmur, for a moment wondering what had finally brought the DarkEmpress to her demise. Trivial details, really—what matters is what has become of the Basin’s empire in her absence. My thoughts trail to memories of Snowspot, how much of a disappointment he had become, and my expectations tremble beneath the weight of his disgrace. I can only hope the Reaper has been a more capable leader.

My glowing eyes shift to him when he speaks, questioning what my intentions are with this herd. I allow his words to settle before responding, breathing in the silent, frosty air with the shadow of a sneer creeping along my perfect, cunning lips. “I suppose that depends on what the Basin might need,” I speak slowly, softly (as if to draw him closer), with a pointedness behind my words. What I intend is to find out if this mountain valley is worth my time, if it deserves my allegiance; and since I’m sure the king’s time is ever so precious, I don’t leave him guessing for long.

“What exactly has become of the Basin under your hand, Lord Deimos? Does it still stand superior to the others? Does it still charge like a lion into the face of the enemy? Does it still inspire fear into the hearts of those who dare challenge its people?” My voice rises steadily with each phrase, but I never lose control. Each word is pronounced clearly, deliberately, meaning to strip away the walls and see what the heart of this kingdom is now. We have no use for a weak empire, my brother. “Or has its icy peaks melted into shallow, trembling puddles?” I stare unblinkingly, hardly challenging his authority—but his capability.

‘Tread carefully, brother.’

I clench my jaw, wanting to throw your cautioning aside, for a moment too prideful to see that you are right. I cannot lose myself to condemnation now—not when we have waited too long to come so close. Narrowing my eyes, I exhale a sigh from my nostrils before continuing. “I only intend to do what is best for this empire, as I’m sure you do,” one side of my brow rises, and I conceal a smirk before leaning a step forward. “I offer you my services, Lord Deimos,” I incline my long horn, and I feel the warmth of your flames rise to lick across your back, “perhaps I can counsel you, as I had done with the DarkEmpress?”

“Speech.”
evil angel
@Deimos | image credits

Heather

Deimos the Reaper

What a shame, the strange beast courted, and the Reaper couldn’t help but agree.

What a shame the DarkEmpress had wasted away outside their walls. What a shame she was dispatched so quickly, so easily without her soldiers, without her compatriots, alone and tarnished, tainted and ruined, a fading legend. What a shame hardly anyone around the Basin remembered, recalled, or had even known her. What a shame that history rarely spilled from their lips, what a shame Deimos, too nonchalant, too fixated, too god damn reticent never went to see her, find her, and bring her back to where she belonged.

His glare swept over the horizon for the barest, briefest of moments, along the raw walls and the intertwining limbs of peaks and valleys; because she’d brought them there, heralded them all from the wretched failure and loss (and then, seasons later, endured a loss herself and threw her broken crown at the Engineer’s feet – and he’d absolutely nothing to stop her). He’d been too chilling then, to focused on their bitter defeat to see beyond the measures of success and triumph; because where he’d excelled, she’d faltered and stumbled, and Ulrik had found his niche to toss it back at her – it’d gone so wretchedly wrong.

Deimos didn’t see her again until she was dead.

None of these sentiments ghosted from his mouth. None of them were transparent or tangible. They merely whispered along his skull as one of the many regrets and rues layered between Machiavellian tendencies, cold-blooded calculations, and ruthless, conniving plots. They layered themselves in between mercy and forgiveness, usually cluttered and forgotten amongst the villainous throngs pulsing and unwinding their way through his motions, his mind, his soul.

The stare was riveted back to the other an instant later, just as soulless, just as composed. He listened as the foreigner heralded over what they needed, then utterly barreled, harpooned into Deimos’s abilities.

The infidel had the strange urge to laugh. It nearly ricocheted through his throat – because this creature, this cretin, who hadn’t been there in years deigned to find fault with his rule, wanted to hear boastings, yearned to hear pledges of how the Reaper was either a master of his sovereign, of his empire, or if he’d failed just as Psyche eventually had. Oh, he could likely transcribe a whirlwind of strategies and foils that had fallen at his feet, at the defects and blustered and flaws in his design. He could herald a list of moments he’d concocted in feral acrimony, in twisted, sickening triumph.

But the Lucifer sculpture was not a cretin to brag – he was a man of action, of deeds and endeavors, of efforts and conduct. He would not stand there wiling away the hours and characterize the very minutia of his throne. He would not launch into tirades, spells, and concoctions of his brilliance (if there was any to be had). He would not spin the season away gesturing of exploits and prowess, bitterness and defeat. The Lord of the mountains would permit this Prometheus to view the world as it was: whether weak and futile, or determined and enduring. His lips carved a calm, indifferent haze, head gesturing towards the eternal mountains, the pernicious summits. “You will have to see for yourself.”

If he was to be condemned by someone who hadn’t even existed in their realm, then so be it.

And then he offered his counsel. A part of the beast wanted to spurn, to rebuff, the notion entirely. What and how could the infidel preside in such a position when he hadn’t even lived amidst the snow, the ice, in such a time? How could he rise to a formidable position by doing nothing - simply wandering in as the wind blew his sails?

Then, there was the other portion of the King who knew his flaws were grand and barbed, who knew where he failed and stumbled along, who knew what it was like to falter at every turn because he lacked something all good leaders held.

So he roamed in the middle, stare fixated on the bold character before him. “We are in need of spies, scholars, soldiers, and crafters.” He tilted his head, predacious and raptorial, a glorified weapon in the hands of the mountains. “If you prove successful in these ranks, perhaps you may grant us counsel again.” They all had to demonstrate their capabilities. If he questioned Deimos of his own, then surely, Deimos could question his.

Photo and Table by Time

@Prometheus

Prometheus
and Pyr
I hide a scowl with a simpering twist of my lips, the glaring blindness of my eyes seeming to grow brighter as I stare, meeting the Reaper’s chilling gaze as an equal (for I have seen death, my brother; I am not untouched by his shriveled, greedy hand, nor am I ignorant to his crimson smile and devilish gaze. I have met death, and here I live—what greater power could have made it so, but the hand of the gods?) Does that not make me godly, as well?

Almost absentmindedly, I wonder how familiar the North’s dark lord is with the very threat he possesses, how intimate he has come to be with the very essence that has become him. Has he encountered death? Does he know the infernal beast, the daemon, that he draws so close to the crux of his soul?

With a ghoulish grin creeping along the line of my soft, perfect lips, I incline my long horn to the dark stallion, never allowing my eyes to wander from his. “Very well, Lord Deimos,” the words are stiffer than I’d like them to be, betraying the frustration that boils and festers beneath this thin, handsome surface. I have tasted power and greatness—to begin now, at the bottom of the pit, is something I do not have patience for. It is your cautioning, brother, that manages to curb my chagrin, and once again (a moment among millions), I am grateful for your companionship. I will never forsake you again.

‘Thank you, brother.’

With the heat of your flames on my shoulder, I breathe into the wintry space between the Reaper and I, grinning as the unfamiliar bite of air flows through dead and putrid organs. I consider his words, debating for a moment the possibility of returning to my craft, remembering my days among the sand-spitters as their forger, and how it had given me such power. But by the tiniest point of your indecision—the faintest ripple between our bond—the probability shatters, piercing my mind and soul as it falls. The memories are too clear, too vivid, too painful. The metal as it had burned, the sound of your suppressed cries, the acrid smell of your burning flesh, and the scars that now stand testament to my selfish folly.

Why is it so hard to forget? Why is it still easier to forget, than to forgive?

‘I have forgiven you, brother.’

I know
, and so you have told me time and time again. But perhaps it is not your forgiveness that I now need—

All the same, I cannot bear to relive my madness, and I cannot bear to be a fool again. From beneath the remains of my folly, I rise again with you at my side, and together, will we be glorious. Enlivened by this thought, I straighten, my determination bolstered by your own confidence in me—in us. “I believe I will be of most use as a spy, then,” I speak smoothly now, acid words coated in velvet and satin. I see no point in pushing him; I understand an unmoving force when it is met, and if this is the path we must take to rise again, then so be it.

Arcing my leonine tail behind me in one smooth motion, I lean my weight forward, reaching with a cloven hoof to cut into the Basin’s borders. I feel a thrill spark through my body, giving it a form of life that no mortal could understand. If there is any empire strong enough to support dominance, then surely it is this one. “It is an honor to be under the great mountains once again,” I purr to the dark stallion, a touch of devil shadowing my smile.

notes; So I hit a wall for a month and then boom! Muse =O -crosses fingers it won't disappear-
“Speech.”
evil angel
@Deimos | image credits