the Rift

[PRIVATE] Mother, where did you go?

Brendan Posts: 31
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Two Years (Orangemoon Born) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwen :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Emily

BRENDAN
HARDSHIP OFTEN PREPARES AN ORDINARY PERSON FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY DESTINY

Ever since the fire where Mother had come to save me, things had been well very strained between the two of us. So I have to admit I was not surprised one morning to wake up and find her just, gone. I know she loves me, but I wonder if maybe she just couldn't handle an adventurous young colt like me.[/size][size=x-small] Not to mention, I was always wondering off trying to find Father. I didn't know where his herd was, just that he lived in a herd called the Falls and that he was a warrior there. Mother never really spoke of him, and I got the feeling early on that he meant nothing to her. Being a child and figuring out that your parents mean nothing to each other... Well didn't give me a real sense of family. What did, was whenever Father and Alanna did find me they greeted me as if they missed me. As if they wanted me around. Alanna had sought me out many times in my short life, each time making sure I knew she was there. Her presence, made me feel sure that Father cared for me even if he was not there.

So as I stand here next to the blood red waters, wondering what to do next. It may be as dark as night, but my body tells me it's morning. It does not take long though, for me to be found. A wolf stalks me nearby, watching and waiting. But strangely does not attack right away. I am scared, but a sudden bright light gives me some comfort. What was the wolf waiting for? Maybe the pack? But suddenly it howls, turns and moves slowly off. My head tilts to the side not understanding why it had done this. What would chase off a wolf, that had not attacked? I look around, starting to become scared that something bigger and worse lurked in the darkness. Was I really left alone here, to meet my fate? Would I ever see my Father or Alanna again? Or my Mother? Did any of them even want me? Off in the distance, I hear the wolf howling again. I wish I could understand what they were saying.

What I did not realize was that with my heightened emotion, bright silver flames began to lick across my back. I turned my head to see where the light came from and was startled to see that it was me! I dropped to the earth and began to roll to put it out. But the only thing that did was get me dirty. As I just stood there and tried to calm down, the flames began to die down as well. I knew I wasn't controlling it... But yet, it seems my emotions do. Strange.

"Talk"

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Alanna</style>
 i lit a fire that wouldn't go out.</style>

Aaron has been worrying so much about his son, that since he had to return to the herd I offered to stay out in the wilds and keep looking. We have not seen Brendan since the giving tree, and even I am worried for the little colt. He is the first born of my bonded, and as far as we know the only blood he has left. I can not fail him. He still feels guilty about the fate of his little sisters, I won't have him feeling guilty about losing a child as well. Not when it seemed everything was finally coming together for him. I know he was torn about giving up the search, especially since Cheveyo wants to meet the little boy.

I have searched all across the wilds to the south. Every now and then I would pick up a slight scent of either the boy of his whore of a mother, but they were fleeting. So reluctantly I turned north. I am not a fan of the north, as it comes far to close to the Basin for my comfort. But as I draw closer into the Blood Falls, the scent of the boy and his mother grow stronger. But to my dismay, the smell of a wolf is strong to. I hide my concern from the bond, not wanting the already concerned Father to worry even more. I can feel him trying to figure out my emotions, but I remain quiet. I circle around, following the smells until one fades away. I can not hide my anger then but I am focused even more on finding the boy. His mother, the whore who had tempted my bonded into action had left the boy.

Yes, I think it is clear of what I think of the mother of Brendan. But the colt I am fiercely protective of. So when I see the wolf lingering close and about to pounce, and the colt completely unaware I move into action. I use my own magic, draining the energy right out of the wolf. It must be about the same time that Brendan sees the wolf as he body bursts into this bright silver light. My eyes quickly adjust just as the huntress slowly moves off. Mission accomplished. "Found him, alone. Trying to lead him back now. Going to be a while." I say quickly. As he rolls in the dirt trying to put out the flames I circle back around to come back in from the same way he and his worthless mother had entered. Aaron of course answered me back wanting to know where Phantom was. I could tell he only cared because of his son and the fact he was alone. "No where to be found." I could feel his anger, which quickly changed to love and joy. Cheveyo must be near.

In the meantime I move in and touch my nose to the boy's leg to let him know I am here. Gently I nip at his heels and try to get him to follow me. The Blood Falls is not safe, while the Hidden Falls are.

talk

image credits

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Brendan Posts: 31
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Two Years (Orangemoon Born) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwen :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Emily

BRENDAN
HARDSHIP OFTEN PREPARES AN ORDINARY PERSON FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY DESTINY

While I am distracted with my thoughts, Alanna arrives. Her nudge against my leg alerts me that she is there while my head swings around to see her ivory and red frame. I smile and nuzzle her in return. But then she nips at my hind legs and moves off a few paces. I look at her confused at first. Then she does it again. "Okay okay." I move forward, following her on and away from the red waters. I wonder if she is leading me back to Mother, but I doubt that. I think more likely she is leading me on to Father. It is with Father that I will live now. At least, I hope this is what this means. I cast a glance over my shoulder, just in case Mother should come back... But she's been gone for hours now, and the longer I stay the more chance I will be in danger again. Best I go with Alanna....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The trip back though the threshold took what feels like hours. Several times I had to stop, and each time Alanna seemed to know when I did as she stopped and came back to stand with me. "Are we almost there?" I question the hellhound. But she doesn't say anything. I frown and sigh. I look around at a few of the trees, wondering why it wasn't safe here. "Let's keep going then." The frustration in my voice is clear. I just want to be safe, to eat and to sleep. But obviously that was not going to happen until we reached wherever Alanna was leading me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We begin to move across hills. I think this is worse than weaving in and out of the trees. Up and down, up and down. Finally, at long last two figures come into sight. The first, I did not know. A figure painted in ivory and gold with a few other markings of colors I don't know. The second, I know at once. As tired as I am, I push my legs into a run moving past the walking Alanna. "Father!" I call out joyfully.

"Talk"