the Rift

[OPEN] Throatlings in the Snow

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
I'd sell my soul just to see your face. 
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
He hadn't inwardly complained about being sent this far north in the early Frostfall, but he sure bitched on the inside. His thin desert coat made it way to chilly for him. He trudged through the knee deep snow a scowl over his handsome face. The stallion was not happy about having to come all the way up there. Sure he had flown most of the way making it a much faster trip then the equines or unicorns would have done. he just hoped the others of his patrol would be here soon. The sun hung high in the sun as he found a descent place to stop and wait. There was a nice aspen standing alone about half way up the mountain. His mind wondered to Rexanna and her beautiful golden painted hide.

A heavy sigh ruffled his muzzle as he imagined her running through the snow calling his name. A nasty nagging voice whispered that she would never seek him out. She could never love a winged stallion like himself. She couldn't ever fall for a desert dwelling boy. He was so naive to dream over such a beauty. She was older, more experienced, and much more mature. The stallion closed his silver eyes and tried to put her out of his mind. She would never fall for him, and he would never feel her sweet love. He sighed heavily and leaned against the tree. 'Hurry up guys.' His thoughts were grumpy as he tried to squish out his own feelings.

Talk
Words;; 253
OOC/Tags;; @Misael @Morrigan  @Ivezho Sorry it's so short!
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Zahra Posts: 64
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 2 Years
Hanna :: Common Kitsune :: Fire & Ilham :: Bark Spider :: None Riven
Zahra, Ilham, and Hanna
It was pride that turned angels into devils
Zahra was hunting for wolves...

Well, not hunting perse (the tender-hearted girl had not a cunning enough heart), but her bright, wide and inquisitive eyes were scanning the startlingly white horizon for any sign of the predators her family had so sworn to mind. It seemed like a strange concept to a creature who would ordinarily have been considered prey, but she was already fond of the family who had fostered her, and she wished with a solemn heart to do their generosity justice. Already the life she had lived with her sisters in the dank darkness of Deep Forest felt like an entire lifetime ago - a whole world away - and not ever could she remember feeling so fresh and free. Still, this task they had been given was more complex than it seemed, and when after an hour the little kitsune had failed to find trace of the elusive species, young Zahra gave up.

"Oh, it's no use Bird..." she sighed, dragging a heavy black hoof through the soft surface of the snow dejectedly. She was under the impression that wolves were practically as prevalent as the rabbits they fed upon (she shuddered at the fleeting thought), and it was a terrible bother to learn otherwise. Bird's large triangle ears swivelled to meet the tune of her sister's frustrating, and a gentle whimper was offered in comfort. Perhaps it was time to admit defeat and turn for home - question Ashamin or Eldada about the actual whereabouts of these animals. "I think so," the filly hummed thoughtfully as though someone else had made the suggestion aloud, noting the sun's prime position in the vast blue sky with a brief glance. She turned with a smile back to the kitsune though suddenly and shrugged her small shoulders; "The day's still young, lets explore."

They began a trek in a new direction - south east, towards the looming shadow of a mountain - through the thick blanket of snow, but soon enough paused when blurred movement in the distance ahead caught their notice. Twin ears danced forward, undeniably intrigued and broadening nostrils tested the cold air for any sign of the figure's identity - no wind blew around them to betray it. Still, Zahra was hardly deterred. Brushing the soft, golden fur between her pallid sister's ears, she broke forward at a brisk trot; all the while eager eyes were set upon the other. As she watched, the stranger came to rest somewhere high upon the mountain (melding into the dull shades of brown, black and grey), and for a moment the yearling's hope wavered.

It seemed unlikely that they would find that stranger now...

Never the less, they pressed ambitiously forward and after some time came to be climbing the flank of hill which she imagined, would reveal the location of the other. Carefully, and with useless wings held ajar, Zahra scrabbled upwards until a narrow goat track found their path - with significantly more ease, she and Bird (and the spider hidden safely upon her), hastened through the quiet afternoon towards the sky.
image credits

@Ilios
Permission given for all except death
Please only tag Zahra in openers and spars

Wishlist | The Spider-Silk Shoppe | Absences

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
To truly understand the beast,
one must meet him,
and unlock that which beats within his glowing chest.
Ivezho had probably been a little too enthusiastic about being sent north for his patrol this season.

He had intentions of coming this far north even more regularly than each season - while the Throat was definitely his home, parts of his heart lived up here. His fondness for the icy-eyed maiden urged him to travel this way - and having a patrol up here was just as good an excuse to listen to said fondness and increase his chances of seeing her again.

The cold bit at his coat and the wind tugged at his mane and feathers , but Ivezho shone like a beacon against the wintry weather, a Sun in his own right, a light against the gloom of the snowy clouds above. The chill might have dampened the spirits of anyone else, but it only told Ivezho that he was closer to her, to the Basin, the land of unicorns and ice and snow.

But, if it weren't for that, he would have agreed with Ilios' sentiments; it was bloody cold.

"Hail, Ilios!" he called as his wings snapped out from his sides to scoop the chilly air and carry him towards the teal-and-crème stallion. In his flight, he noticed something, someone else. She was slight in build, dark and pale with streaks of gold in her hair - she had caught his eye, and as he landed deftly on the mountainside, his attention was swivelled towards her.

"Hail!" he called to the mare, curious as to what he and Ilios might have found on their patrol. "Who goes there?!"
Ivezho
image credits

@Ilios
@Zahra

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
He stood silently upon the mountain grumbling inwardly about the cold climate when the sound of wings caught his attention. Silver eyes looked up curiously as his name was called. A smile touched his lips, he had heard the names of his assigned partners, but he wasn't so sure which one this was. "Hello! Are you Ivezho or Misael?" He smiled sheepishly up at the silver and black stallion. He noticed there was a faint glow coming from his body, drawing the stallion's curiosity. "I'm sorry I don't know your name, I'm still learning everyone's name." He chuckled softly then followed the stallion from the ground as he seemed to spy something.

It didn't take but a few strides to find the young black white and golden girl. Then he noticed the small fox like creature moving with her. Sharp silver eyes gazed longingly at the beautiful four tailed, golden trimmed creature. He smiled even as he felt the familiar jealousy rise in his chest. "Hello miss!" He smiled brightly as he stopped a few feet away from her. She was young and pretty, and ever so familiar. His long tail swished at his hocks as he watched the pair. "I'm Ilios, we come from the Dragon's Throat. Who might you two be?" He smiled kindly down at the pair as he dipped his head towards both of them.

He knew from Penna and Parelia, how much it could offend companions not to great them as well. He was sure someone somewhere would make fun of him for treating companions the same as horses, but he would just shrug it off. Silver eyes flickered to the stallion curiously. His words had sounded a little harsh to him, but as long as he stayed pleasant Ilios would ignore it. He didn't take to others speaking down to strangers, there was no point in being rude without a reason. He watched the stallion carefully, even if he was a herd mate, if he lashed out the stallion would be in for a rude awakening. For now he stood quietly turning his attention back to the filly and her fox creature.

Talk
Words;; 358
OOC/Tags;; @Zahra @Ivezho
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare

He was late in his arrival to the patrol. Why was he always assigned patrols in the north? Did they not understand that he hates the cold? I mean there's a reason why out of all herds he did not choose the Aurora Basin, and he did choose the Throat. One day, he'll get assigned somewhere and south, hopefully at least. He had made this walk from north to south a few times too many, so the beast searched his mind for any he may wish to visit while up here. Memories of a lady in gold flash in his mind, and now the walk seemed but a jog away, for Miseal would get much more then a nod of Gaucho's head for doing his duties, yes he would be richly rewarded when he tracked down the maiden of cerulean eyes.

He focused on his rank magic, not wishing to chat with any of those that were unnecessary, wanting only to get these tedious patrols over with. I mean at least throw a few pretty women in the mix? Then the patrols would be much more worth-while. Shaking off such young thoughts, the chromed settles upon a gathering, figuring that they must be his patrolling partners. There was an vast array of colors ranging from creams and greens, blacks and whites, to tans and rusts. All these equines were also winged, a bit of envy coursed through his veins, oh how lovely it would be to be given such a gift of flight. The vine boy spoke, and Miseal finally could put names to all these people. "Well he's not Miseal, as I am. And you aren't Ivezho, so you're Illios, I'm Miseal an informant of the throat, and that's Ivezho. He stated blankly, not entirely interested in being here, as his thoughts were elsewhere. Turning his golden's to the mare they all questioned, he waited for her response, a single ear pointed forward whilst the other lay back in disinterest.

talk talk talk
OCC: he's a grumpy boy right now

M I S A E L

A storm is coming,
and it is conjured by my hand

image credits