the Rift

Step right UP [Plain SS Drop]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The creature was twitchy, to say the least.

It appeared vaguely rat-like, only it was much larger and wearing some sort of petty coat which was entirely too tattered. Still, an air of enigmatic curiosity seemed to billow out from his charming presence.

"Step right UP" He called, putting his hands in a cupping motion around his mouth. His voice was magically projected outwards across the Flats, ushering any who were around, to come closer.

He stood in front of what appeared to be a booth - it was crudely put together and decorated in red and white stripes. On the whole, both he - and his booth - appeared quite comical. To emphasize this, the small creature jumped on top of a beach ball which suddenly appeared. Balancing there with expert poise, the small creature waited. Sitting in the centre of the booth were two large eggs. Both were white and appeared completely identical. With a wry smile, he glanced at the 'eggs', before chuckling to himself.

This is a PLAIN SS DROP.

Please post a link to your wishlist, and any previously refusals of this type that you may have. If you want to use extra VOTG rolls, please post those as well.

You have 72 hours to respond.

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

I do not often return to the Halycon Flats, but each time I do I am always confronted with something. Usually the sheer weight of memory, of the hurt brought upon me here by the massive crocodile god, is all I find. That is enough, enough pain and enough torment to make me turn and leave. But on this day, with the sun bright and the air characterized by a particular lightness, I find something else.

From the near distance comes a call that intrigues me with its miniature boom. I am not sure why or how, but it draws me closer, pulls me in. Why would I turn from its uniqueness, why would I not investigate its source? Suddenly the idea of doing anything but finding the owner of the voice feels foolish.

And I would not want to be foolish. A small snort escapes my nostrils, my lips gum at each other, and I begin the slow walk towards the sound. The ground here is soft, the water a temptation of release from the aches I carry without the emotional pain of the Riptide Isles. But I do not venture beyond the beach, do not bring myself further than the small, twittering creature on the ground.

He is entirely unfamiliar, unique in a way that I do not understand. My eyes, golden droplets, widen and watch as the creature summons a colorful orb to dance upon, and gestures emphatically towards the stand at his back.

This little thing, this miniature myth, has called me to step right up. Though the two eggs are right before me, I fail to register their importance. I'm doing as I'm told, I'm stepping right up. But to what? What, what, in the world?

No Prior Refusals.
Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=21289

Ming Yue Posts: 36
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 :: Ages in Frostfall
Danjah

Ming Yue

It had not been for exploration that Ming Yue had come here, she was tired of exploring after so long. Instead, what the azurine fae sought was the calling she had found herself being drawn to, the calling that felt like a tug against her chest as if she were going towards water again. She muttered under her breath and cursed that dreadful magic that was cast upon her, wishing that she would be able to go near waters without the consequence of being wet. 

But shrugging these thoughts off she had set out East of Helovia, waiting to see where her instinct would take her. It was only through her mind map that she were able to follow, still being entirely unfamiliar with most of Helovia's lands and inhabitants. Her pools were gazing upon another coast with shallow waters and felt the pull of the waves against her bodice and instantly was tainted with the salt of the water. But she paid no attention to this as she was unfortunately used to this and continued to mutter. But she remained calm. 

Soon she came to why she was here, the call that had Ming Yue. Drawing closer, her attention was immediately fixed upon the rat-like creature and she assumed that was why she was here, alongside a very very young colt whose bodice was dripped in siver with a black diamond crest along his youthful cranium. He seemed skittish in a way, or at least sad behind the pools and thought it best to wait until she knew that no mother or relation would be close to attempt conversation. She pricked her lobes back to the creature and where he stood: in front of eggs. Eggs that glowed white. And this was why she was here, she was sure of it...

[Ming Yue is compelled to come to the stand where the eggs are and find out what is happening.]

No refusals prior to this post. Extra roll due to Aurora Basin winning the Herd Champs.
Wishlist

Please tag Ming Yue in all threads! ♥

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

She had heard the call much further away than most would probably have expected. Teetering on the edge of the Flats she had been wandering, until the booming voice caught her attention. Ears pricked and eyes turned towards them, infinitely curious as to what was to come next. Without another thought her legs got her moving, and with a gentle lope she brought herself to the source of the sound. When she finally arrived, there were already a few others around the scene. It was a rickety staged, adorned in white and red striped cloth in an attempt to decorate it, although it still held a shiftiness to it. Perhaps this was all the rat-like creature could afford, and that was why he was trying to perform in order for more food. The thought caused her to frown, and once she found an opening she walked up to the stage, dipping her head politely and smiling at everyone around her.

" This looks like a wonderful display! Are you going to show us something spectacular sir?" she chirped cheerfully, hazel orbs glittering as her colorful wings fluttered and she remained fully attentive. As her gaze shifted around to catch more of a view she found the two eggs, causing her curiosity to greatly increase. She didn't know what exactly they were for or what he was to do with them, but she certainly didn't see any issue with asking. She swished her tail happily, looking to the creature once again and still smiling," Do you need help bringing those eggs somewhere? Or are you going to show us a magic trick?" The sudden thought brought excitement to her and she only grinned wider, beginning to prance in excitement at the thought of seeing a magic show. She only wished she could share this with all of her friends!

OOC: Myrrine basically shows up and thinks there's gonna be a fun show and wants to watch lol.

Wishlist
No prior refusals

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
The stallion soared over the salty flats silver eyes lazily scanning over the water. He sighed softly as he tried to let his mind wonder away from his world. Ilios figured this place would be the best to try and shove away his worries and ambitions. The Frostfall breeze cut right through her pelt causing the stallion to shiver roughly. A scowl touched his handsome ivy masked face as he circled down to land. Just as his sturdy hooves touched the damp ground a voice echoed around him. Horned head lifted ears swiveled until he pin pointed the summons. Lifting his long multicolored tail the stallion trotted towards the voice. As he neared the scent of others wafted over him; two mares and a stud. He was about to brush the smells off one one of the scents drew forth a memory. In his mind eye the stallion pictured his first crush; a white and black speckled hide adorned with butterfly wings.

Moving into a smooth canter the stallion finally found the small gathering. A massive rat thing was balanced on a ball, next to a booth with two... eggs! His heart thundered with excitement. 'Pleas God of Sun let it be me this time.' He blinked and took a deep breath before stepping closer to the group. He nodded towards the pretty teal and brown mare and smiled warmly at the colt before stopping behind Myrrine and extending his wing trying to touch her back with his teal and silver wing. He smiled and let his deep drawl out, "Hello Myrrine, do you remember me?" He smiled for a moment before turning to the rat. "Hello sir, is there anything I can help you with?" He smiled knowingly down at the creature his eyes shifting to the eggs. He knew rats were greedy and wily, so what would he ask of them? His silver boots upon his legs glowed softly as he waited for his reply.

Talk
Words;; 327
OOC/Tags;; @Myrrine
Wishlist
Refusals:  ONE
Two
Three
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
Tandavi
I'll light a fire in your new shoes.
Step right up!

Why are they here? Why are they always here, in the crowd, surrounded by people vying for a prize ("Creatures are not prizes!" cries Ampere in her mind)? Curiosity? Desire? A yearning for something more, something bigger than themselves, something to quietly be a part of? Brother and sister watch from a distance, keen eyes taking in the arriving strangers, hearts beating fast with trepidation (her) and glee (him).

It is a beautiful day; the sky and the ground are seamless, unending, and the girl and her brother have basked in the wonder of it, the endless world presented by this magical illusion. The boy treasures these moments more than life itself; his sister has been brighter, more alive these weeks than he has seen her in months, and though he wishes he were the one to restore her purpose, he is grateful to Caneo for the part the stallion played, and eager to promote these good spirits in whatever possible way. So when he sees the first stranger he calls to her, excited, coaxing the Fire Dancer into reluctant pursuit, their feet leaving scars on the pristine sand.

The scene is almost familiar, though different every time. Copper child watches through curious black eyes, wondrous despite herself, her deep gaze taking in the scene and creating a story, a picture, an understanding of what is taking place. The eggs are the greatest clue; she is accustomed to them being at such events, though the presence of two presents a new twist to the game. The girl hovers, caught between curiosity and dismissal; she doubts she will win, doubts she deserves, but she still wishes to see this through, to see someone who will treat it well leave with the gift offered today. So she remains, watching, ears turned forward and eyes attentive, while her brother runs forward and situates himself close to the stand, golden gaze locked eagerly on the eggs and their strange presenter, large ears raised high as he awaits the next step.

"TALK HERE"

Image Credit

Wishlist
Refusal 1
Refusal 2

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
You can have your very own
Devil at the cross roads
Gray eyes wondered through land as he large body moved like a dying zombie through the flats. His scared pelt glistened as the sun bounced playfully across it. A sigh left his bored maw as he was traveling back home to the Basin. Then his attention got caught by a sound calling for all to step up. His brow furrowed as he began walking towards the sound screaming for all to come. Then he saw the most unusual thing.

A small little stand red and white in color like the very own Johnny, the peppermint patty creature. He stopped as he watched the small odd creature dance on a ball between two eggs. His head tilted slightly again as he stepped closer next to a winged creature with a horn towering from his skull. His eyes danced over him quickly and then to the brown and blue beautiful mare watching the show. Then the orbs gazed across the butterfly mare and her curiosity caused her to speak and ask what he was doing. Nox stood quiet wondering what was going on and what were these weird eggs doing. His stone orbs narrowed as he offered his heavily crowned skull out towards the creature and the things . "What do you have going on here?" he questioned with his ears perked forward.

He always wondered what these weird eggs held within them. For some odd reason these magical things would pop up all around and then people want to come to them. They are attracted to this odd set up of events, but what did he know. This was only the third time something like this has happened in Helovia. The long tresses of his tail flicked over his back as one leg cocked. He was interested to see how this one would go. Maybe they might get something interesting out of this event.

"Talk."

Wish List http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=20004

No prior refusals, and using the extra roll from the Basin Herd champions
image credits

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Lyanna had taken to wandering Helovia. It seemed like the quickest way to begin to feel like this place might become home. Not just a place to rest her head, not just a place to hide from those that would slit her throat. But home in the fullest sense of the word. Morham still feels like home to her, and Helovia like a strange dream or some sort of vacation. But Morham can’t be home, not anymore.

Though wandering for Lyanna means flying.  It’s easier and faster to fly, landing when something catches her attention. Otherwise, she flies low, skimming the trees, trying to orient herself to this new place.

The landscape shifts as she comes to the place known as Halycon Flats. The sky bleeds into the water and earth below, and flying becomes disorienting. She's forced to land, tucking her teal-tipped wings to her side when her hooves touch earth.

The light bends around her, playing tricks on her mind. She’s about to turn around before she ends up lost in this place when a voice rings out. Step right up!

Well. This is not something that happens in Morham. And if she’s trying to learn about Helovian customs, she might as well find out what all this is all about. She follows the sound of the voice until she sees a strange rat-like creature wearing a…a coat? Behind him stands a booth, red and white and looking a hodgepodge as the creature’s tattered coat. Well, this is new.

The creature hops up onto a beach ball, balancing there in an impromptu carnival act. Distracting her for a moment from the booth before she spots the two identical, white eggs. Yes. Definitely new.

Some of the others around her speak to the creature, offering help or asking questions. But Lyanna, in truth, has no idea what’s going on. So she stands toward the edge of the group, watching and waiting. Having no idea what she’s just gotten herself into. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=22095
No prior refusals.

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
The little mare hadn’t returned to the Flats since the battle that had been fought here.  The last time her hooves had found these sands, her eyesight had been failing her.  All she had been able to see was a land colored only by heat, painting the lands in every shade of red and orange and yellow.  The very feel of the shifting sands beneath her hooves was enough to bring back the memory of the disorientation of finding her way.  The only distinguishing feature had been the cool blues of the sea.  Even when she’d been all but blind, the sea had been a comfort. 

The crocodile god had emerged here.  Najya’s eyes scanned over the expanse of the salt flats as she walked along the edge of the sea – just where the ocean curled over the sand. Scenes of the battle flashed through her mind. Strange blood spilled across the sand.  Screams of resident Helovians as they fought to protect their homeland.  Cries from those who had come from the strange land called the Rift as they watched their God fall. The God of the Sun stood amongst them all – glorious in his wrath. The images came in quick succession, and the little mare sucked in a quick breath – turning her gaze from the seemingly endless sands back out to the gently undulating ocean. 

Najya gently touched the glowing blue scale she had been awarded after the fight here, tied to the sheath that held her sword that she had used against the beast.  Reminders of what had transpired here.  Reminders that she was no longer the helpless girl that ran from her conflicts.  Reminders that she was so much more than she was when she had come to Helovia.  But deep down, Najya was so afraid of being alone.  The loss of her family and of her mate had left an emptiness in her, and even the friendship she had found in Helvoia had not filled the void. 

Her attention was diverted by a call across the wind. Step right up!  Najya’s first instinct was to presume there was danger afoot, whirling in the direction of the call.  She took off in trot in the direction of the sound that had already drawn others. She wasn’t entirely sure what she was seeing as she stepped down to a walk and eventually drew to a halt amongst the gathering – looking to see if she recognized any familiar faces before trying to make sense of the scene. Instead she waited quietly, her curved ears pricked and her hazel eyes focused on the creature.

-- najya --

image credit || HTML by Kyra

Najya seeks a Plain Dragon
Wishlist
No prior refusals

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

Colt left her children in the hands of the darkened forest, trusting that they would not disobey her. Over the recent works she had observed their behaviour, knowing well they slipped out without her permission and wandered far from her grasp. She kept them in line with harsh words and stunning blows that threatened to break bone if she so wished. Colt's firm handle on motherhood was something many would look down upon, especially in the way her children were already scarring at their tender age. She did not need to worry though, this harshness would harden them and leave them the perfect heirs to her Empire, warlords who were well equipped. She knew that one day she would guide them through battles, showing them the perfect strikes and taunts for any enemy. Without wings to fret over, they had no weaknesses other than the natural ones meant to be. Without a horn they may be disadvantaged at first, but she knew well enough that they would easily make up for it in force and strategy. Equines would always persevere. 

Colt wandered to the south, away from the forests and the ruby red pool and the towering trees. She moved beyond, to a new area she had never wandered before. She knew that it was a recent discovery, looking at the vast beyond where the scattered puddles reflected the sky in perfect detail. She would almost be in awe, but Colt has long since lost her ability to admire beauty in anything. It was beaten out of her, poured from her cheeks and lost to the wind when her father stole away her youth. Colt had no interest in the landscape, it was what dotted it that intrigued her. 

Gathered around an odd little booth were several Helovians. Charcoal ears perk up, gaze weaving through the bodies to spot the reason for the crowding. There upon the booth sat two pristine eggs, and at the booth was a crude rodent who wore something hideous, like it had skinned another animal to make up for a lack of fur (or dignity). Colt draws in closer, eyeing each individual to pick out who she could trust and who could be discarded. Only three were equines, and her stomach dropped. One was a young colt, doe eyed and untainted by the world's harsh hand. She hoped the parents of the boy knew what to do with him, that he would not end up a feather and stick loving blubbering fool like most equines she came upon. I know what this set up is, that one of those eggs would be going to me. For a moment I almost let a cheshire smile slip over my blank features, but I keep myself neutral for the time. I stand silently, awaiting this creature's explanation as to why he wants us to step up. 
"TALK TALK TALK"
-- wishlist, seeks black dragon with fire breath ability. 
refusal 1

HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN

[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
Grimalkin
The stallion hated the lingering water that sploshed and splashed around him, though he didn't mind the tranquillity of the land. It was purely the dislike for being wet that he thought it less than impressive - the northern snows cast a similar quiet, mysterious spell across the lands as well, and he was far more suited to those climes than he was to the still-tropical-like weather of the south.

So why was he here?

The mysterious companions that seemed to accompany everyone had been a bit of a mystery to the stallion - he saw them as a mark of glory and greatness, of power… and Grimalkin appreciated power. He lusted after it fiercely - he felt he needed it before he would be able to traverse to the northern reaches of the realm again, and seek a home out amongst his horned brethren.

So when he heard the summons, the call, he tilted his massive crown in curiosity, and followed the movements of others towards it.

When he arrived, and saw the overgrown, poorly dressed rodent standing before them on a wobbly sphere, and then saw the table nearby with two identical things on top - the stallion had never seen eggs himself, and so could no define them as such.

"What is the meaning of this." He posed it not so much as a question than a statement, an expression of his puzzlement, his desire to know more and yet his hesitancy to jump straight in and disturb the relative peace of the gathering. Emerald eyes roamed over all the others who presented themselves; did they know what was to happen? Did they know the purpose of this charade, this display, this rodent?

Grimalkin waited.

wishlist
no prior refusals
seeking griffin
image credits

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
It was another dawn, another day, another battle of resisting the urge to rest and linger in a single spot versus the desire to explore and learn and live.

Living won out, as it so often did, and she was pleased that today she would get to live with her cousin. Tandavi had seemed more spirited recently, more alive, and Amaris didn't question it - she herself had been through enough with and without Tandavi by her side that had affected her outlook on life, she wasn't about to hold her cousin hostage nor question her about such changes, for fear of chasing those changes away.

Step right UP! The summons echoed over the lands, the great mirror that they had found themselves on. Amaris, with her draconic decorations and Tandavi, with her fire and chestnut and golden patches, with Natraj's dark form always present, reflected back at them from the shimmering ground, even as they wandered towards the "display", the monument, the strange stand that had a rodent and eggs upon it.

No dragon spirits accompanied her today - the company of her cousin and the inky little brother was enough for Amaris today, at least for this morning. Amaris knew why they were here, why al many had assembled - companions resided within those eggs, though Amaris was not keen enough to know what exactly they could have been.

Many arrived, some spoke - her cousin remained silent and so too did she, as she sidled up with a silent, comforting touch to the crimson shoulder, and waited to see just what would evolve from this event.

wishlist
previous refusal 1
previous refusal 2
previous refusal 3
Seeking rougarou

Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

to hold all the promise of blue-velvet dark and stars

Frostfall had arrived bringing a flurry of new snow to an already whitewashed north. Aisling had never minded the cold, she was a sturdy little thing and her white coat was now a thick blanket of fluff that kept her comfortable and happy, but all the same with no true ties to keep her she was free to wander south for a respite when she chose. Perhaps she'd not alway wander so far, that Johnny lad was growing on her, sweet as he was and perhaps soon enough that would be reason enough to stay, but she was wary. Her own feelings were an easily won thing, she knew that; she'd let herself tumble head over heels for Finn only to have him disappear and so this time she tried to guard her heart against the charms of a charming little stallion. But oh, he was ever so charming.

The sunny salt flats were a welcome distraction, and she'd become quite skilled at distracting herself as of late. Perhaps it was not as warm here as it had been when the lad had appeared at the height of Tallsun but the magic of landscapes was no less awe-inspiring. Here the the sea and the earth and the sky where one, with no barrier between, stretching uninterrupted into the eternal horiz…No, not uninterrupted, the faerie saw, for to the east a little gathering had begun to form. Not one to let her curiosity go un-indulged, Aisling made her way towards the disturbance with more quickness than caution.

She thought it ws an odd group but what had called them together was stranger still. The little mare stood with the rest, next to the colt she had met in the forrest, and watched the funny little creature. She had seen rats, but this creature wasn’t entirely that, and she had certainly never seen on wearing garments or in possession of…well, of anything. There was something nervous in his energy, Aisling was mischievous enough to notice it, but before the thought could take root, a filly with wonderful butterfly wings was talking of magic tricks. Aisling laughed at the girl’s exuberance and for the moment forgot to be wary of the strange creature and his strange booth.

”.”

Wishlist :: No Prior Refusals

Image Texture

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

"Well come on then!" The rodent shouted, un-clenching his undoubtedly sweaty palms from one another and making an obvious come here motion. He placed his hands on his hips and tapped his foot impatiently, - though all the while a growing grin was plastered on his whiskered face.

"Now then!" He said once all had stepped closer and he had no more need to shout. "We're going to play a little game. It's quite simple you see, but it will reveal everything I need to know about you." Whiskers twitching, eyes glowing, tail pulsing, the creature looked at each one of them before grinning.

"All you have to do is -"

The two eggs next to him disappeared. In front of each of those assembled, a white egg - identical to those which had just vanished - appeared, hanging in the air before them.

"Decide. Do you want to keep this egg, or -" In the air before him, something appeared, hidden beneath a bit of cloth. It looked egg-shaped, but of course it was impossible to tell for the cloth covered it completely. "- do you want to switch it for what's under this bit of fabric? The choice is yours."

Do you want to choose the egg in front of you? Or take what's under the cloth instead? YOU DECIDE.

72 hours to respond.

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

She watches the curious little rodent, ears twitching in possible annoyance as she so eagerly hopes for the egg that she does not receive. She cringes as her eyes flit over every horn, every wing and impurity that lays out before her. Sick. Disgusting. Her nose wrinkles subtly as she brings her attention to the fur wrapped rat, raising a brow as it suggests a game. Colt was not in the mood for a game, not when something so precious was the prize. Anyone of these unworthy mongrels could end up with it, and Colt would never forgive herself for letting them take it away. She would rather take it all for herself, to fight for that egg tooth and hoof because someone so undeserving received it. 

She watches the eggs with the eyes of a hawk, steel sights trained on the targets. Both were identical, but she knew well it was a trick. A game he wants, a game he gets. Colt watches the two eggs vanish temporarily, heart thundering as intense anger consumes her. For a fleeting second she believes the eggs are gone forever— but they return, this time there is one hidden beneath a sheet. Or, what she assumes to be one. 

She must choose. 

Colt bites her lip, furrowing her brow in thought. The creature was playing tricks, and Colt did not like it. Why must they all play games with her? She looks from the rodent to the eggs, iron darting between them with thoughts whirling through her head. Perhaps she would seem eager and selfish going straight for the egg, and although she is, she does not want to be shown as an unworthy caretaker. The creature was testing them— looking for flaws in character. If she chose what was under the sheet... maybe it would think she did not trust it? There were pros and cons for picking both, and Colt's decision was a difficult one. 

She takes in a deep breath, holding it for a good few seconds before releasing it between her lips. She must maintain a level head or she will never get past this round, her eyes focused intently on the booth. "I choose what's hidden under the sheet—" She only hopes her choice is right. 
"TALK TALK TALK"
colt chooses the hidden object
seeking black dragon w fire breath

HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN

[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

It turns out it was a game after all! One she couldn't help but be excited to play about. She was ready to go, ready to choose, until she felt someone gently tickle her rump behind her. Swinging her head around she found Ilios, the boy who was certainly no longer a boy. She grew hot at the sight of his face, his handsome drawl all too familiar, and she could only look away shyly, not sure how to respond. He had been a dear friend of hers, and one of her first crushes, and it had all seemed to disappear after she had become friends with Cerin. Suddenly they had grown apart and hadn't spoken since. Yet she remembered him, and remembered how it felt to be beside him when he spoke and when they played. The memories came flooding back before she could even stop them and it made her entire body grow hot. He had only become more attractive, aging beautifully into his markings and wings. He was a gorgeous young man, and Myrrine was awestruck.

" H-Hello again Ilios. Of course I remember you," she softly mused, not quite able to speak in her full tone at the sight of him. She turned her head away shyly as she smiled, before looking back to him," It's certainly been awhile; it's a pleasure to see you again!" She beamed kindly, attempted to touch her muzzle to his cheek in an endearing gesture, before finally returning to the task at hand. She positioned himself so that he was at her side, and finally looking at the creature with a more focused expression, she spoke once again in a much more clear tone," If I were to choose Sir, I would like to choose the egg. It looks awful cold and lonely." She couldn't help but gravitate towards the white egg that now stood by itself, seeing it all alone made her feel a little sad. She wanted to help it, to build it a little nest and keep it warm, which she only hoped would make it much happier. Though she was sure this creature was taking good care of it, she couldn't help but want to help.

OOC: Myrrine chooses the white egg. Wishlist Myrrine would like a Wakiya Zephyr

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
She was even more beautiful than she had been as a goofy gangly filly. He grinned confidently up into her pretty spotted face. Her hazel eyes looked shyly up at him before away. He could remember when they played, it had been strange at first. Having always been a serious colt she had taught him how to relax and have fun. He laid all the credit for his playful nature, now, upon her butterfly winged shoulders. He smiled kindly as she readied herself to speak. He had never made a mare nervous before, and he liked it. There was something empowering about making a female stutter and fumble under his silver eyes. His chest slowly expanded at her silent praise. He smiled softly as she spoke and noted the stunning smile upon her gentle lips.

Confidently the stallion stepped up next to her smiling warmly. "It's nice to see you. I think we should hang out afterwards and catch up. Maybe we could go flying?" His deep drawl was calm and mildly hopeful as he winked a silver eye at her before turning to the rat. Ilios had caught the sneaky creature's words, and the eggs disappearing. His gaze narrowed and his ears flickered. He allowed a strange mare to speak, then Myrrine, allowing his thoughts to align slowly. His deep drawl was suspicious as he laid claim to his pick. "I want the other egg, the one you magicked somewhere else." He lifted his horned head eyeing the hideous creature carefully. Something just set his instincts on edge.
Talk
Words;; 259
OOC/Tags;; @Myrrine
Ilios picks the egg he cannot see, so not the egg, or the covered item.
Wishlist
Refusals:  ONE
Two
Three
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

The creature is an impatient thing, shouting once more for them to come. He unclenches his hands, sweat glistening on his palms, before placing them on his hips and tapping his foot. But his face doesn’t match his actions, the grin growing wider and wider as more horses come.

She’s hardly even noticed the other horses. The rat-man has captivated her attention. Morham had been rather, well, boring, compared to Helovia. There was no other word for it. She wasn’t sure if the anxiety swimming in her stomach was longing for her boring, familiar home. Or if it was excitement about everything happening here. Or both.

There’s quite the group here now, and she pulls her eyes away from the creature long enough to look over the group. Not that she expects to recognize anyone, but just to see the various equines that had gathered. She’s hardly skimmed through the gathering before the rat man speaks again though. Now then! he begins. Her head snaps back in his direction, tossing a few teal strands of forelock into her eyes.

She shakes the hair from her face as he tells them they are going to play a game. Her stomach lurches. What kind of game? But she stays calm and composed on the outside; face a mask of polite interest and curiosity. A game to reveal everything about her? Well, that seems impossible. But then again, she would have told you this rat creature was impossible if you'd asked her a day ago.

The two eggs disappear from the slapdash carnival booth. One of them reappears, hovering in front of the group. At least, it looks like the same egg that had just been in the tent, though she has no real way of knowing. He tells them they can keep the egg before them, or pick the thing under the cloth. A cloth floats in the air before him, bending in the shape of an egg. But she has no idea what's beneath that cloth. Perhaps it was just a cloth.

A few horses pick before her. One chooses the cloth, another the egg. The third stallion to speak picks a choice that wasn’t laid out before them. She can’t blame him, because it seems like a viable option. Perhaps that second egg is somewhere else. But in the end, she knows what choice she wants to make. Maybe it’s too obvious to be right, but she'll go with her gut anyway.

She guesses that most of the horses around her know what’s in the egg, but Lyanna has no clue. And she wants to know. It’s not that she doesn’t trust that there might be an egg beneath the cloth. It's not that she's grasping for what looks like the easiest prize (looks can be deceiving, after all). It’s not that she doesn’t want to take a risk (she has no idea what she’s gaining or losing). She just wants to know what’s in the egg. “I choose the egg.”

watch how i soar.

lyanna

Lyanna picks the egg
Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=22095
Seeking: Wakiya Zephyr

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

to hold all the promise of blue-velvet dark and stars

If the eggs meant something to the others gathered, Aisling did not share their insight. In all her travels in Helovia, the mystery of companions was not one she had uncovered or investigated in the slightest. Kvothe had had a companion, but Aisling had not seen the tiny deer hatch from an egg and had never thought to ask her friend of the little creatures origins. The mystical bond between that some horses formed with animal was all but unheard of for the little faerie and so this creature with his booth was much more of an oddity than an opportunity for gain.

The little rat-thing looked shifty, that was for certain, and heaven knows why he seemed to have taken these eggs from some nest...The faerie frowned, thinking of the poor baby birds. Without their mother to sit on them surely the eggs would not last, there was too much of a chill in the air for them to be uncovered so long and so it wan't likely there wasn't much hope of saving them. But why, she thought, would this trader do such a thing? Perhaps they were merely pale rocks shaped like eggs that he used as props for his magic show. Aisling would much have preferred that explanation and so she clung to it as she watched the pair of eggs-shaped rocks (she hoped) vanished.

One appeared before them, and Aisling peered at it carefully; it certainly looked like a real egg. The rat-thing then spoke again and moved her attention to a cloth that hovered in front of him covering that she thought must have been the other rock and bid them all to choose between them. Aisling fretted for a moment looking between her two options. If this really was just a game it would have been perfectly amusing but for the nagging doubt in her mind that the creature had taken something he shouldn't have. "This one, I suppose." she said, indicating the egg before them. "But sir, they're not real are they? Please say you haven't snatched them from their nests?

”.”
Aisling Chooses the Visible Egg
Wishlist :: No Prior Refusals

Image Texture
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
Grimalkin
More arrived. They were many and varied, and each of them earned themselves a look from his sharp, keen, green gaze. He's lived a relative sheltered life, having chosen to reside amongst his own species rather than face the masses - well, he was certainly facing the masses here, today. But, everything was a learning experience - a chance to grow, to gain, to improve. He hoped today would be no different - or perhaps, better.

It wasn't long before the ridiculous presenter carried on with his charade. Grimalkin watched carefully as the creature gesticulated and then- they disappeared.

Grimalkin was still unaware what resided within the eggs, or what could reside in there, but he had his ideas, his hopes.

He didn't like gambling - the stallion was one to make a decision where he knew success would meet him at the other end. He was one to pick a battle he knew he could win - it was why he had joined the Basin all those months ago. They were a strong, powerful herd sure to succeed as long as they remained strong - and he would return to them, once he became stronger, more worthy of them and their company.

But, he was presented with a choice, where he would not know the outcome until after his choice was made. He had nothing to use aside from sheer gut instinct to guide him, and so he wavered slightly, before grunting (as if announcing his intention to speak).

"The one under the fabric," accented tones said simply, as his maw tilted slightly to the one beneath the cloth.

wishlist
no prior refusals
seeking griffin
Grim chooses the one under the cloth
image credits

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c: