[OPEN] Things I don't have time for.

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
SHIDA
You're doing it wrong.

[Preferably for just @Elsa ? Auriel could show up too if wanted :) ]

You know what's fucked up? When your entire fucking fam-jam just poofs into thin air.

That's what the last ... oh, year or so has been for me. Just me on my own, no big deal. Fucking twin disappeared into the wilderness, my Ma was Gods know where and my Da, that epic traitorous bastard that he was, obviously high-tailed it out of here.

And then guess what?

2/3 of those fuckers just showed back up. Auri came to the Throat, and I guess we're cool after we talked, and then Ma showed up and ... I dunno. She sort of shit a brick when I didn't accept her apology or sob story.

But you want to know what's more fucked up than your entire fam-jam disappearing? When they fucking come back, but it's like they're basically still gone. When the fuck did I become the ostracized one?

Word on the grapevine is that Ma rules the Edge now. La dee fucking da for her. I don't mean that meanly I just ... I don't know what to do with that info. I guess some part of me thinks Ma's are just supposed to be better. I get that she didn't mean for this shit to go sideways, I get that she loves me (/us), but like ???????? I dunno. An invasion happened and you lost your kids. I sort of feel like that's on her, and after a year or more of being on my own, an apology doesn't really cut it.

But like I said, it's fucked up that I live on the other side of the world from my family and we don't talk.

So ... I guess that's why I'm here?

At my heels, Princess is whining. He isn't overly pleased that we're basically trespassing in the Edge. But I've been here before - during that stupid scavenger hunt thing - so I know my way around a little. Besides, is it really trespassing if your Ma is the queen-bee?

Image by Tamme!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
Things were once again incredibly different. Just a few months ago- she never say herself the way she was now. Granted things weren’t peachy, but they were on a slow upswing. It would take a while, unfortunately, but she was quite used to waiting now. In fact- she wasn’t even bothered if it never came. The worst case scenarios became the norm. 

Auriel had in fact came back- although not with squeals of joy. But leaving Shida behind had torn another hole into her heart, and this one ran a little deeper than the one Oxy took. His was beginning to heal, but Shida’s was a fresh, weeping wound.

The Icebound and zephyr stuck to the glass wall, appraising it for a moment. It was still Ii shambles, unfortunately she had fallen behind in the crafting schedule. Cringing at the thought she stored it in the back of her memory, begging Edgar to remember in case she forgot.

Carefully she reached the tip of her wing out to glide along the wall. It ran over the rough bumps, occasionally calling a small shard of glass to be swept off. She frowned, she had really let this degrade. Elsa bade Edgar to fly over toward the entrance, to check the holes that lined the front. That was the most important- considering everything else was cliff. A little hard for the average un-winged creature to conquer.

Turning, she headed back the way she came until Edgar was suddenly feeling as if he was going to burst. His heart fluttered, and Elsa’s ears slid back, waiting for him to respond. She was wary that he was going to get hurt, but she trusted his flight skills to get him back to safety.

’Boom Boom here.’ he finally said.

Elsa knew who that was, and the hole once again began weeping. Why had she come here? Did she need something? Was she here to punish her mother? Elsa was terrified and totally in love with her daughter. It was hard knowing what she was walking into. She had to tread carefully- because she could quite literally blow up if she takes a wrong step. With a missing eye, she couldn’t really afford a missing appendage.

Elsa picked up into a gallop before jumping into the air. It was much quicker to get to her that way. Once she spotted her baby girl, she landed a few meters away, looking at her with a questioning. She was too afraid to approach- had she come here wanting to see someone else? If so, she would disappear like a ghost. Tentatively she moved a little closer.

”Shida-“ She said quietly, watching her daughter closely.

"Morbi vestibulum mollis nibh a varius."
@Shida 
/ image

Any force can be used against Elsa.
Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

Mom won't notice these.

Will she?

I trotted back to the Edge, brow furrowed, light amber eyes carefully studying the scars on my hide. With a bit of mane repositioning, I could hide the teeth marks on my neck, but the bruises on my chest and scar on my right wing were a bit more noticeable. At least they were fading, and soon to be completely healed.

I had fought in a couple more spars than I had ever meant to before taking a proper lesson from my mother. I was a bit worried as to what she would think of it. But I was more worried about her not thinking anything of it, of me. It had been a while since we had last conversed, and I was admittedly scared to see her again. Would she forget about me? Did I have any claim to the title of fucking Princess? It wasn't as if I had dubbed myself royalty simply because I found myself in the herd she ruled, but the King and his poisoner proclaimed it. It was sickening to me. I had no claim to this land, I wasn't born here, nor was I ever even raised as a Princess. The irony of it was amusing at times, though.

Ah, yes, I'm your Princess, totally not the bastard child of a Warrior and a traitorous Addict.

My musings on the contradictory subject didn't matter, though. I am a Protector before a bastard and a Princess. So I marched solemnly back to the land I had pledged myself to, amongst slowly falling snow and chilling breezes, mentally preparing myself for whatever arduous tasks determined by the General awaited me there.

But when I stepped through broken glass and around looming trees, my mental preparation suddenly meant nothing.

Shida.

A smile spread to my lips, warming my chilled body. It didn't matter to me why she was there, a few lengths ahead of me, in the Edge's territory. All that mattered was she was there at all. I lengthened my stride, pulling up my crowned head up in a single, swooping motion, my pale body radiating with a bit of it's forgotten ethereal radiance.

I halted when I saw her. Mom, standing so hesitantly I thought I had made up her image, though I quickly realized that was no the case. The momentary exuberance I felt and displayed lapsed, caving in on itself. My head fell to one side, looking between the two I loved most, panic swelling within me. I let out a shaky, hazy breath, pressing my wings close to my sides defensively. My arrogance had caused me to forget the chasm between them, but witnessing it was a chilling reminder.

It used to be so different. Why couldn't she live here, with us, in the Edge? Don't we all belong together?

I choked on any words I wanted to say, and lurked behind Shida, finding myself confused and desperate and silent.

[ my hand slipped oops. auri's confused & concerned @Shida @Elsa ]

Image Credits
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

SHIDA
You're doing it wrong.

"Sup Ma."

I can feel every feel in my body. No, for real (ha, that rhymes. A+ Shida, you fucking poet). But in all actuality, I'm pretty sure I just felt the tip of my hoof go cold. But you know, I'm a warrior n' shit now, so I tried to play it cool (get it? cool/cold? ... yeah. you get it). Because I really don't know wtf to do, or think. I mean, I thought I knew, and I trudged my ass all the way up here, and now I just sort of ... I'm off the reservation. I've checked out. The Shida express left the station and I"m here clutching my bags just casually saying oh hey to my long departed Ma.

"So you uh... you rule this shit now. That's cool I guess." Fuck you, I don't know how to make conversation. Small talk isn't my bag, baby, and you know what? That should be fine. I mean, she's my Ma. Aren't we supposed to be able to talk and shit?

I feel a lump forming in my throat, and thank earthy's balls that I've got Princess with me to distract me. He turned around and immediately spies Auriel, and wags his tail. You traitorous fuck, I think in his general direction as my eyes fall upon Auri. I mean, I'm not mad at her necessarily, but like, fuck you dog, feel free to be on my side any time now. I'm the one who feeds you afterall.

"What're you, my shadow?" I grump towards Auri, but again, I ain't actually mad at her, I just use sarcasm as a defense mechanism and boo hooo hoo. Shut up, you aren't my therapist. Get back to the scene.

"So..? This is nice, huh?" Again, small talk isn't my thing. I look awkwardly between Auri and Ma, not exactly knowing what to do now.

I mean, I got myself here didn't I? Feel free to pick up the slack fam-jam.

@Elsa

FFFT. What is this post even.

Image by Tamme!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa

You could slice through the tension with a knife. After Auriel arrived that hadn’t gotten any better. She was going to chalk up Shida’s sass to sisterly love- but then again she didn’t know about their relationship. 

For as fearful as Elsa was, Edgar was happy to see Shida and Auriel. He swooped down, offering them both a beaky grin before hopping over to Princess to say his hellos. He snuggled up against his side in an act of friendship. At least one good thing was developing from this.

Elsa was still at a loss for words. What did Shida want? It wasn’t everyday Elsa was speechless, but thigs was one of them. Swallowing back a lump in her throat, she smile and nodded slowly to Shida. ”Yes, it is. I’m grateful for the chance to help rebuild the Edge.” And with that, silence followed quickly. An invitation bubbled at the tip of her tongue, but she didn’t want to send Shida running to the hills.

Part of her hoped Auriel would say something. Between the three of them, she seemed the most likely to mediate a situation. ”Uhm. Shida, I’m sorry. And I know you don’t want to hear it, but I’m going to keep saying it until you believe me.” Elsa whispered quietly, eyes flickering between the twins. ”You’re always welcome to come here, if you’d like. But I understand if you want to stay where you are. They did raise you.” Saying those words hurt more than anything she’d ever said. Elsa knew she failed, but hearing the words come out of her own mouth burned. Her throat felt like it was tightening, and trying to kill her.

Edgar looked warily at Elsa, trying to keep her emotions in check. Elsa’s teary days had their own feel through the bond, and it was practically screaming now. She couldn’t cry, she needed to be strong. ’It okay…’ He cooed quietly. For his own safety he tried to snuggle closer to Princess, in hopes the dog would at least help in case things got out of control.

Auriel was the wild card here. If for some reason this turned into a throw down, like it had last time, Auriel would be the deciding factor. It suddenly hit Elsa that this was a precarious situation. Not only was she worried Shida would hate her, but she was fearful Auriel would leave too. It seemed like they had at least pulled together a little, and for them to tear away again… ouch. Just the thought made her ache.

"Morbi vestibulum mollis nibh a varius."
@Shida 
@Auriel 
Sorry for the wait guys <3
/ image
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

For a moment, I relaxed. I forgot about the shit storm brewing, and smiled at Edgar when he looked my way. I stepped closer to Shida, to Princess, blowing a smoky exhale in his direction. A twinge of jealousy flickered within me, churning my stomach, and making my heart grow heavy.

I want one.

But I had to suppress it, for my own sake. I flicked an ear to Shida, smirking at her remark. She almost sounded angry, but I wouldn't blame her if she was. I was disappointed in myself, too, sis. Living with Mom was, in a way that it shouldn't be, traitorous to her. But she was the one with the grudge, I was just trying to get my shit together. It was made relatively easy here, lots of time alone and a job I didn't have to think too hard about.

Regardless, I had to say something that sounded normal.

I stepped up to her side, my smirk growing stronger, my momentary lapse in my facade patched. Everything is fine. "Oh, in your dreams," I teased back at last, a smoky plum following my words, dangerously close to getting in her face.

My heart sank, then, at my mother's words. Her apology, her admitting who Shida was really raised by. I flicked my ears backwards, pale amber eyes turning to Shida for, I don't know, support? I didn't know what to do, to say. Elsa didn't seem to be doing so well, but fuck if I knew what to do about it. I guess make it less awkward? I could say nothing, but that might be just as risky.

I was gonna say something.
And it was going to be great.
But I didn't know what it was yet.

I knew what I had to do, but not how to do it. I was silenced once again, my mind blanked, appalled by the seriousness of what I wanted to be casual, and looking awkwardly between the only family I had.  

auri goes umm tf
@Shida @Elsa

Image Credits
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

SHIDA
You're doing it wrong.

Listen guys. Ain't none of this helpful. Like ... I show up, out of the clear fucking blue skies, and all I get is a I like helping rebuild this shit-pile of a herd after the Goddess went and fucked everything up, and ... well, actually I was fine with what Auri said.

I ran my tongue over my teeth considering what Ma had said, but found no words. My brain, a constant state of catch phrases and witty comebacks, was like a damned desert town. So I just huffed and remained silent for a moment.

Then, Ma dropped a damn wrecking ball. And not the gets-stuck-in-your-head-Miley-Cyrus kind either, although the way I felt, was just as dirty as Miley's cinder ball.

You want me to what?

My ears flickered uncertainly. The fuck would I move here for? I don't even really remember what it is like to live with my family. I remember being a damn toddler, fucking about the Falls and getting into shit with Auri, but that seems like a lifetime ago. The fuck would I do if I even came here?

Which made me think of something.

I turned by bright blue eyes upon Auri, and narrowed them, challengingly sort-a. "So you live here too huh? What'ya'do?" I asked jokingly, "you count blades of grass? You wave pompoms at the warriors?" I was kidding, of course. I figured Auri did something cool, I mean, what use was it if your Ma was queen and all that, and you were still stuck shoveling hay? But who knew. I sure as fuck didn't. As Ma was quick to point out, she didn't raise me. Flaming balls and the rest of the Throat-fam did. I wouldn't even know what it would be like to live here.

Did I want to know?

@Elsa

Image by Tamme!