Whit
C
I
R
R
U
S
She flew.

And for the first time in a long time, she flew with direction, purpose. She flew with a goal in mind - a desire, a hope.

Golden feathers and cerulean eyes danced in her mind's eye as she let the wind carry her over the lands. She flew without pause, ignoring the thirst that itched her throat and the fatigue that tugged heavily at her wings - she would not, could not, stop, not until she was there, not until she had found him again and then - then what?

The future was unclear - but then, when had it ever been anything else? As her blue, cloudy bodice followed the curves of rivers and streams from far above, she thought at all the possibilities - and actually considered them, used them for her goal.

He had inspired such thoughts in her before, with his strength and magnetism, his heart and kindly gaze, his adventurous yet wholesome nature. They had danced through a storm together, and it had riddled her with guilt, for the danger they had put each other in was regrettable - he was a king, a Czar, beloved by his herd and the land, who was she to lure him away from his duty?

She was Cirrus.

And finally she felt less guilty about her own duty to herself. She would not sacrifice what was good for herself out of fear for what others might think of her - she would not be selfish, but she would hold self-respect (-at least, she would try-).

Time flowed, she felt its tick tick ticking with every breath she took, every beat of her wings and every pound of her heart against her chest. It felt simultaneously like a handful of seconds and several days since she had taken off from the Veins, but she was at her destination - the question now was, would she be allowed to call it that by the locals?

Grass rose up to meet her ready hooves, as she eased into a light canter at the borders of the realm she knew hid within the growth of the forest before her. Though the last time she had been here, green had been the primary colour - now, the starkness of snow had painted the land white and grey, she still knew where she was, even if it was technically hidden.

She had even been over the borders before, as a friend, a comrade, (something more?), but so much had happened since then, so much time, so much death and growth and discovery

Would he even remember her?

Looking to the feather that hung in her mane, with its golden heart and pale edges, Cirrus prayed that he would, as she encouraged a breeze to come, and carry her scent and gentle song into the lands.
Image Credit

@Kaj & Open for all - Cirrus would like to join the herd!
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
    Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
    Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
    the aurelight

This land holds no question or judgement to it, no hidden crevices that he has not anointed himself upon and made into his own. Though the faces within swim with gaping memories at times, he no longer feels the need to run. This is where he belongs. This is why he chose to forget, he thinks. Other Kaj is so drastically different from him that he cannot properly understand any of the thoughts that hypothetically went through his head when he asked Miykael to block his memories, but he hopes that in the end, he'd been smart enough - selfless enough - to realize that Kaj now, how he is standing at the edge of the waterfall, was worth more to their herd than Other Kaj was. 

Pale tawny wings lift from his sides, opening and stretching languidly, embracing the peppering of cold water thrown in chaotic spray off the tumultuous waterfall. He surveys his land with a critical eye, dissatisfied, yearning. He feels the restlessness in his blood, knows that soon he must call a meeting. The family has wandered across the seasons, but he will unite them once more. There would be no more tolerance for the slacking Other Kaj had seemed idiotically enamored with. Peace times never lasted, and Kaj had not forgotten that. How Other Kaj ever had was beyond him. How could he forget Aniela's twisted, pained face as she struggled through day after day on his desperate will and love alone? How could he forget the excruciating pain of magic, the shield he had unwillingly crafted with his own skin and bone? War is inherent in all of us. The more lax we grow, the more likely we are to fall to ruin.

Disgruntled by his inability to fix it all immediately, the stallion tipped himself off the perch of the waterfall, wings catching the updraft of wind with ease. These lands were made for flight, unlike the heavily treed terrain of the Edge. Sharp blues cast themselves across the earth, scouring, every color and deviant object investigated. Perhaps it would soothe his restlessness, to feel the wind beneath the boughs of his wings, the knowledge that he was keeping his herd safe from any outside sources. 

But it didn't. 

Other Kaj had failed entirely as a leader, and it fell now upon his head to fix it. It seemed Other Kaj's list of failings only grew larger the more he found out, and it pissed him off. Who had let him fall that far? How had he let himself fall that far?

There is a catch of blue against the snow, a scent that tickled against his nose - how did it carry this far? - far too familiar to be a coincidence. The golden bird tucked his wing to his breast and dove sharply beneath the clawed fingers of branches, landing in a shower of snow. He stood across from her, a face with indistinct features, heart pounding furiously against his ribcage as if demanding to be set free to fly with this storm maiden once more. And while Brisa could say that he'd become heartless, Kaj had forgotten only the memories that scalded and cut, the ones that had twisted and broken him until he had become too weak to fight against a world that was ever intent on destroying him. But she had only ever hurt him in her constant departures, a kindred soul he'd wanted to tie down to himself as much as he'd wanted to set free. And he didn't know how to feel to see her standing her, his feather still ostentatiously woven into her mane. And he didn't need to look, to cast his chin over his shoulder, to know that her own dark feather remained in his. 

He felt a kind of ownership over her. He wanted to force her from the skies and ground her, see her willful battle concave into submission. He wanted to ask her why she kept leaving him, why he'd learned to love the ground but she could not even bear to touch it for more than a moment. If she could not stay for the bonds he presented...how was she any better than Kahlua? Would he ever measure up, in someone's eyes? 

He had, in Brisa's. Maybe he still did. But he had shattered the bond he'd forged between them, and he still didn't know why.

Eventually he had to face her, if not as Kaj, then as Czar of the Falls. Legs moved forward mechanically, wings a soft rustle as they arched round his belly, not sure what stance to assume around the femme. Paused only when she lay a few strides from him, seeing only the dip of her lashes and the hurricane teased mess of her hair, the way she'd laughed and cried and made him feel like for once, he could make someone happy with just his presence. 

But she had not stayed. 

They never stayed. 

"Cirrus," he rumbled softly, as if the word alone could somehow mend the distance between them that it crossed to alight upon her ears. "What do you seek?" And he could say nothing else, because she had left. And maybe he could be good enough, but he could not go through what he'd suffered with Kahlua. Kaj could not remember her, only vaguely - some people cannot be wholly forgotten, Kaj he heard Miykael murmuring regretfully in his head - but he knew that she had been the one to break him the most. He could not risk that, not a second time. 

image credits

credit bronzehalo
    Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
    Plot with me here!

Murtagh Posts: 92
    Outcast
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
    Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah

The world was getting back to how it should be - covered in snow. The summer months were fun enough but Murtagh missed the season he had been born into, missed the fun of snow and ice. He was bigger now - the small horn on his head now showing a tip of white and his legs were growing longer - but didn’t feel any older and wasn’t sure if he was supposed to be acting older now. Being a foal was just too much fun!

Today he had been rolling in a fresh patch of snow, enjoying the familiar cool sensation against his fuzzy winter coat. Enjoying it so much, in fact, that it took him a couple moments to realize his compass had moved, pointing towards the entrance of the Falls. Quickly rolling over to his feet, the young colt scrambled up and out of the snowbank - no easy task. He should find Mama but he’d only go as far as the border and if there was no one there then he’d come back and find someone to go with him. After losing the bear in the weird grass-forest to the south, he wasn’t going to take any chances wandering Helovia on his own.

With a noticeable bounce in his step, Murtagh hurried in the direction the compass was pointing and was rewarded when he spotted not one but two pegasi standing near the edges of the herd.

“Hi!!” He greeted the pair collectively first, quickly followed by a just as cheerful “Hi Kaj!” Thrown towards the golden pegasus as the colt came to stand nearby. He liked the Czar, remembering him from their patrol through the forest.

Now, he didn’t really know which of them the compass was pointing to, it kind of looked like it was the mare, but he’d ask everyone anyway. No one really seemed to need much help from him so he jumped at the chance of getting two in today! Then he would be even closer to finding his bear cub. “Can I join you guys? My compass tells me one of you guys need some help!” He shook his neck a little bit so that they could see the object hanging there, although it must have been pretty obvious. A special item, this compass was! Although his excitement wasn’t settling down by any means - he was moving a little bit in place - his butt wiggling back and forth, a habit he wasn’t even aware of.

Oh, and there were introductions that needed to be made. “My name’s Murtagh.”

Murtagh

permission from Whit to have Murtagh's compass find Cirrus :D
    [Image: 5626f07281a02]
    pixel by Kiara <3

Cirrus Posts: 233
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
    Whit
    C
    I
    R
    R
    U
    S
    He came, in all his masculine, golden glory. He came, and Cirrus watched from her position in the snows and drifts, as he embraced the wind beneath his wings and descended from the heights he was surely born to ride. She watched him, her eyes never leaving his magnificent form - she admired him properly now, less distracted by the guilt, the broken-ness that was before - Cirrus had grown, she had changed, and even in the simple approach he made, she could see something had changed within him too.

She prayed the passion, the fire, the storm within him hadn't died down. She prayed her wayward ways hadn't damaged him, ruined him, for she recalled his tales of heartbreak and torture, of abandonment and regret - and she recalled with hope, the story of how he had pledged to his sister's memory to keep on loving anyway.

She hoped the change she saw in him was not the loss of that part of him.

Cirrus, his deep tones rumbled as he approached. Little ears pricked attentively upon her crown, pressing forward with high hopes of hearing more from him - Cirrus only ever desired more, she wondered when enough would be enough (and whether 'enough' was indeed ever a permanent thing, for her life so far had never experienced it). He spoke a question then, and her heart, which had been leaping about haphazardly in her chest, threatened to sink, for the distance he maintained between them hurt, it stung, and the broken Cirrus before would have beaten herself up over it, would have admonished and blamed and said you deserve to feel that way.

But Cirrus no longer thought that way - a small frown pursed her brow, and she pressed herself forward through the snowdrifts, closing the distance between them with a few deftly placed strides. She reached out, smiling as her eyes fell upon the feather that was strung up in his mane, aiming to lip at the pale strands that fell over his strong, thick neck, breathing deeply the musk that his presence carried - hoping, praying that he wouldn't pull away from her.

"I seek a home," she said at last, a quiet hum, a gentle song, a solemn promise, a desperate prayer. Her words were all these things and more, for in them, she asked him a question that she didn't have the courage to voice. Home is where the heart is, and I want to know if I have found mine.

The interruption that occurred was probably a good one - the foal who arrived reminded her of herself, with a rambunctiousness that she had grown out of (most days), an energy and a kindness undeniable. Cirrus had to look twice at him, for there was something familiar about him - if she had a perfect memory, she might have recognised the pale and striped legs, the similarly stained mane and tail, even the horn, as reminiscent of a friend of her father's, a mare who had even attended her birth upon the sandy shores of the Endless Blue.

But Cirrus' memory was fallible, it was not perfect, and so the colt's appearance was merely a niggling reminder, one easily overlooked and simply accepted.

She was surprised when he spoke of a compass, and when he showed it to them she leaned her tiara down to investigate it. It was an intriguing object - leading the foal to wherever a creature may need help. The entire idea of it smelt like the Earth God - and Cirrus, having endured one of the Lord's trials, thought herself a bit of an expert on all things relating to him.

"I'm Cirrus," she offered to the foal with a kindness softening her face. He was a fidget, the energy that raced around within him seemed to be busting at the seams. "If the good Czar Kaj would have me, I'd like to join the Falls," she explained, wondering at exactly what 'help' this foal could give on the matter - but then she had a moment of clarity, a realisation, a revelation. The Earth God had sent her here, just as he had sent this colt to her, surely it meant something.

Cirrus was not one to live without a purpose, a goal. For so long, she had done just that, and found herself living a half-life, a meaningless motion of breathing and eating and drinking and nothing else; but now, here she was seeking out a purpose again, a path, a direction. She was a well-honed warrior, a creature of war and bloodshed; the spear hiding amongst her feathers had even come close to drawing blood from the great golden lord beside her. But had she gone through that entire lesson, that trial, that test, and she had only just passed it - she bore a crown upon her head to show it - to gain the power to heal and mend.

She was a warrior blessed with the strength to destroy but the power to heal.

"I need help," she spoke the words even as she realised their truth. "I.. don't know what path to take. To heal or to defend the lands?"
    Image Credit

@Kaj @Murtagh
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
    Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
    Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
    the aurelight

His soul felt weary simply gazing upon the beautiful woman, as if it took far too much energy just to draw breath into his lungs every few seconds. She bore the weight of every face before her that he had loved, an unfair burden she could not lift. The ghosts of his past lovers seemed to haunt her every step, driving Kaj away even while she herself beckoned him nearer. He was as easily startled as a lone babe in the woods, jumping away from every misstep she inevitably made. He could not love her without remembering those who had not loved him in return, and though he could not feel the agony anymore, he still knew the deep ache of it. Miykael could not perform miracles, and Kaj knew that this was as unburdened as he could ever be for Cirrus. It was this or nothing. He stood before her incomplete, unsure if it was enough. If she denied him here, there would be nothing else he could hope to give her. 

But they were both damaged, so horribly cracked beyond repair. What was left was the wonder of whether their shattered pieces could be collaged together into something resembling whole. If they were broken in the right places, so that they could hope to be melded together instead of laying in glittering shards across the earth where they had walked and wept. But the snow between them lay untouched, unmarred, and Kaj wondered if maybe that was a sign. A symbol of the fact that here, now, there were new choices to be made. 

Cirrus made hers, striding through it, breaking apart the perfection as she sought him out. Kaj did not know how to respond at first as she bore upon him, as deliriously beautiful and full of life as he remembered her. She was so easy to love, and yet the word was so misleading. He fell into her so quickly, no hesitation, but it did not mean he loved her in a manner that could be called easy. He loved her like howling gales and proprietary sunrays, hoping to stain himself upon her and leave her marked forever with his presence. He loved her like freedom and the ash of everything his touch had burned in his life, but she danced with him between that circle of flames without hesitation. She, too, was a creature of unfair, unwanted destruction. And yet they had not destroyed each other. Fire and ice, wind and rain, they cancelled and equaled and become neutral and mute. Harmless in the other's presence. Resilient against the curses they both carried in their skins. He felt as much kinship for her as he did love, and did not know which emotion to rely upon here. 

Still, she wrapped herself around him, and he could not resist the touch of her body and the familiar scent cloying in his nares. He draped himself down upon her and heaved her tight against his breast, wings unfurling in their mighty span as if to hide her from every rightfully-greedy gaze that could fall upon her. Envy me, he demanded with his actions to any who may be watching. Envy me for having her. But he did not, he did not own her, and he could not sort through all the emotions that tumbled through him because of it. 

His eyes lifted, time seeming muddied and slow, and caught the flash of gold in her mane. His heart was squeezed in her powerful hands, for in those minuscule fibers that had come from his own body, there lay a type of answer. A hope. That she had perhaps waited for him as he had, consciously or subconsciously. Her sweet scent was dizzying, intoxicating, and her words more so. She was a drug in his system, the one that had tempted him to the farthest reach of the heavens, where the air was thin and everything was pure and simple. She was dangerous, but Kaj was as well. And yet she stood there, asking for a home, disturbing Kaj's fears that she saw him as chains and shackles. Perhaps she did not fear the ground? Maybe...maybe she would stay upon it, for him? 

The interruption nearly caused him to snarl, something animalistic coming to the fore at being disturbed from this brief, potential paradise. But the eager colt was endeared to his heart, and Kaj smiled fondly down at him as he went bounding loose-limbed and excitable over to Cirrus. "Hello, Murtagh. No bears today?" It was a gentle sort of teasing, knowing that Murtagh was safe here at his side, though his mothers would likely note his absence within minutes. Both secretly scared him, but the colt was so very different from them that Kaj was soothed by the knowledge that Lakota and Ktulu must therefore have some secret side to their personas that had created such a kind and joyous soul. One that Kaj felt bitter, helpless desire over. The foals he had taken beneath wing had seemed to disappear, and he was left as alone as before, yearning for something he could not have. 

His eyes slid to Cirrus as she warmly intercepted the child, and quietly watched their interaction. She is not Kahlua, but...

No. Kaj may have no foals of blood, but he had Isopia. She did not need him perhaps, but he loved her as a father would, was there whenever she called. He should not be greedy, should not desire for something he did not deserve. 

"You are always welcome here, Cirrus," the stallion rumbled when her eyes found his next, between her silent proposal and the question she had for the colt. His answer was as simplistic as that. But when she spoke...it was clear that she was haunted by some sort of diverging path, one that spoke of warring personalities and desires. He would not guide her unfairly upon it, leaving the decision instead to the exuberant colt she addressed. Perhaps the simplicity of a child's mind would shed the proper light upon her issue. 

image credits

credit bronzehalo
    Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
    Plot with me here!

Outcast

Completely and blissfully ignorant of anything he might have interrupted, the colt was full of smiles for Kaj and the sky-mare. Especially when the topic of bears was brought up. “Not today, Nonno!” The affectionate italian term rolled off the colt’s tongue easily, a sparkle in his eye as he regarded the grandpa figure of the Falls. Everyone seemed old to him and Kaj usually seemed even more serious than Ktulu! Which was quite a feat. “Not yet, anyway.” There weren’t many days in Murtagh’s life that went bearless.

The sky-mare introduced herself as Cirrus, and the colt’s gaze turned back to the golden king over the question of whether she would be allowed to stay here in the Falls. As if any other answer other than the affirmative would have been accepted! They had just established that Murtagh knew some bears, after all, and he had been learning their noises so maybe he would be able to convince them to come and bully Kaj into letting Cirrus stay! She seemed nice, why wouldn’t they let her? But his worries and nefarious plans plans were not needed, and Cirrus became an official member of the Falls.

His lavender eyes lit up when she agreed that she needed help, and it was actually something that he could help with! His back-end wiggled a little bit as he danced on the spot but he calmed down (a little) as he started to speak. “Oh I can help with that! My moms are in those two jobs, ya know - Lakota the Earth Medic and Ktulu the...” The word for Ktulu’s job escaped him utterly for a few seconds but soon it returned. “Champion!” That was it! "So I'm kinda an expert." He liked Cirrus already, not only was she super cool with the whole sky-coat thing, but she ALSO needed help and ALSO was picking between what he thought were the best jobs you could ever have. So the colt was a little biased! There was nothing wrong with that, right?

He regarded her quietly for a moment, doing his best to look the way Ktulu had looked when she greeted her warriors - sizing them up. Only he didn’t really know what he was looking for. “Uh… have you... been either before?”

Murtagh

@Cirrus
    pixel by Kiara <3

Whit
    C
    I
    R
    R
    U
    S
    He opened his wings to embrace her, and she folded herself up into it wholly, willingly melting against him - feeling their broken puzzle pieces fit together with intimidating perfection, terrifying ease. It thrilled her, it terrified her; but when she was here, with him, it was bearable - it was right. The wintry season threatened to chill her to the bone, to freeze her over, but this new sensation of life warmed her, it kept her going, moving, it gave her purpose.

I'm in the right place, at last, she thought as she folded easily into his wings, listening to the masculine hum of life that was Kaj. Something was different about him - as her cloudy hide pressed against his golden one, she felt that maybe something similar had occurred within each of them.

They had both been broken before, shattered, puzzle pieces not only unassembled, but shredded and thrown to the wind as well. Their interactions had been fierce, dangerous - they had almost torn each other apart, and the land as well, with the storm they had carved across the lands. The wounds upon her soul had been fresher then, (even though then they were seasons old, she had still not been in any state to try and live), the scars deeper, still weeping, the infection rampart and deadly.

The infection was cleared now, the wounds cleaned and dressed and healed more cleanly - the hole was still there, the great abyss, and there would never be a time where she wasn't aware of it. But she had grown now, she had learned to live with it, to view the scar, remember the pain, and not be crippled by it.

She hoped it was enough, for this changed, grown Kaj. She prayed it would be.

The mention of bears piqued her attention, and she wasn't entirely sure of their significance - she supposed she would learn one day, if she were allowed to stay here.

Kaj's words of acceptance lit a fire in her heart that she didn't know had a wick to burn.

The smile that lit her face was barely a hint, a whisper, of the passionate inferno that raged within. Home, she said to herself, I have a home, here, with you!

The enthusiasm of the colt was easily reflected by the mare, she listened to his words of help with pleasure and excitement, a bit startled when she recognised at least one of those names. Ktulu, she recalled, wondering.. Could it be the same mare who was friends with her father? The same one who had even attended the Endless Blue the very day Cirrus had been born into this world of chaos and ruin?

That the colt had two mothers barely registered on her strangeness radar - Cirrus was a Helovian by birth, strange was normal for her, and so she accepted this with easy grace.

"I'm so glad I've found the right person to help me," she said warmly, before nodding in response to his last question. "I've been both before. My father wanted me to be a healer of the herd when I was young, so I learned very early about it. But my father was a great warrior, a General, like your mother, Ktulu. I always wanted to be like him, too." Cirrus smiled softly, before tilting her head and posing him with another question. "What do you think, Murtagh? Do I look like a healer, or a fighter, to you?"
    Image Credit

@Kaj
    @Murtagh

• I enjoy being tagged.

Outcast

Murtagh was an insta-fan of anyone that spoke to him warmly, as Cirrus was doing, and his excitement only continued to grow as she explained what her predicament was. Although, he had to force himself to settle down enough to actually listen to her words otherwise he was totally going to miss everything. Which, unfortunately, it had happened before. Sometimes there was just too much excitement to actually listen! Grown-ups could be so boring sometimes. Like Kaj, when he got up in front of the whole kingdom. Talking about… well, okay, Murtagh usually didn’t pay attention long enough to figure out just what the Czar liked to talk about so much that he needed everyone to show up and listen but it usually wasn’t what Murtagh thought they should be talking about.

For example, there wasn’t nearly enough discussion on bears in this herd.

But the problem of a lack of bear-talk was a problem for another day. For now Murtagh had a different problem to solve.

He listened eagerly as Cirrus explained her background with the two ranks - happily taking note of their similarities when it came down to having family in those ranks. And when she asked him what he thought he didn’t waste any time mulling it over. Murtagh was a colt that spoke his mind, usually thinking out loud more than he actually thought quietly to himself. “I think you look like both!” Well that wasn’t being very helpful. But she did look like both to him. Only she was going to have to pick one. “I think you should try being a warrior though, like your dad. I wanna be like my mom when I’m older too!” He was going to grow big and strong and look after the herd, just like she did! And this was Cirrus’ chance to do what she had always wanted!

“And since you already know about healing you can help out with that still! Like after spars and if somethin' happens on a patrol!!” A quick, sobering thought put a momentary damper on the growing excitement in the colt. “Right?” He looked to Kaj for confirmation but he didn’t see why not. It’d probably be super handy for one of the warriors to have some healing abilities for when they got scrapes and stuff!

But his attention didn’t linger on the golden pegasus for very long, those lavender eyes flicking right back to Cirrus as he waited to see whether she found his insights helpful at all.

Murtagh

@Cirrus <3
    pixel by Kiara <3

Whit
    C
    I
    R
    R
    U
    S
    The cloudmare decided she liked the colt. He wasn't shy, like some, he knew how to speak and despite his youth, he took the time to think through what he wanted to say before delivering his response. He'll make a good leader one day, she thought to herself, allowing a surreptitious glance to Kaj at the thought. It leapt to her mind, unbidden, uncontrolled - what would a child of their blood be like?

Cirrus would have blushed had she possessed the anatomy to do so. The thought itself caused warmth to spread across her cheeks at least, she was glad to be of a species whose blushes were invisible to outsiders. Mustn't assume anything, she told herself, steeling herself against the warmth that was trying to spread further - it wasn't embarrassment that warmed her body up this time, it was something far deeper, far more carnal and lusty.

The mare blinked away the thoughts, even as she leaned against the golden bulk of Kaj just that little bit more, unable to resist the pull, the need to be nearer to him. She hoped he felt it too - she hoped she was not imagining it, the desire, the sheer rightness that was them, together, here, now - forever.

A smile caressed her lips as the colt declared his thoughts out loud, and Cirrus was glad to have the decision made for her, though she suspected it wouldn't be quite so easy as just saying that's what she would like to do and getting it. I'll seek out the Generals - or whatever their upper military ranks are here (did Murtagh say Champion before?) - and gain both of their approvals before taking the rank, she decided, nodding along with the colt's words (remembering that he had said that his mother was the Champion too).

"I think you're right," she said, softly at first, before beaming with her entire visage, the rich blue sky glowing on her hide. "Thank you!" she exclaimed, before reaching over to sling her tiara over his nape and hold him close, a quick, friendly embrace of gratitude. "Suppose I better get started," she said, pulling herself away from the boys, turning her weather-worn body around and extending her generous wingspan out, clearly preparing for flight. "I look forward to seeing you again, Murtagh," she farewelled the colt with a grin and a nod, before looking to Kaj.

She hoped she was doing the right thing, as she smiled to him, her leader, her lover, and took to the skies over her new abode, eager to make its green halls more familiar, more like home.
    Image Credit

@Kaj
    @Murtagh

• I enjoy being tagged.