T
R
I
S
T
A
N
"Gotcha!"

The shout echoed through the cold, frozen air, squealing and high-pitched, quaking with childish glee and innocence. A sooty, lanky frame had darted into a drift of snow, spotting a black and white tigress that had been 'hiding' amidst the powder. An exploratory walk through the Hidden Falls had turned into an abrupt game of 'hide and seek' when it had began to snow and the pair had found drifts of snow amidst the frozen land.

"Gotcha, Kasai!"

The sooty youth pranced out of the drift, snow clinging to his sides, head held high with blatant pride. Kasai gave a mighty huff in annoyance, but it was all for show, before she, too, pulled herself out of the snow and gave a mighty shake to dust off her striped bodice. Tristan offered his mother's companion a glance from the corner of his eye before laughter bubbled up from his belly.

"Oh, don't be mad!" He begged, trailing through the snow towards the white tiger and brushing his muzzle against her velvety soft, striped fur. "I'm the best at seeking, you know that. Silly Kasai." He wasn't, however, so good at hiding... Mostly because the tigress had one heck of a nose. Pulling away from the large feline, the colt lowered his head, taking a moment to scratch his face against his left leg in an attempt to appease the discomfort of his left eye. There was something terribly wrong with it, yet Tristan could still see out of it... But most of the time it itched and ached something fierce, and no matter how often he scratched it, it never went away.

His mother and father oftentimes spoke of how to help, and Tristan had heard them say something about 'Gods', whatever that was... Still. It didn't deter him from playtime, especially when it was just he and Kasai. It seemed that the buckskin youth couldn't leave Romani or Destrier's sides without Kasai, Merlin, or Suli following after his every step, but that wasn't a bad thing. He loved having the company of his parent's companions.

Bright turquoise eyes looked around, marveling with the general sights of the Falls. He loved it there, loved the trees and the waterfalls, and the snow! That was his favorite, even in the span of his short life, the white, cold, powdery stuff held a special place in his heart.

"I want to stay here forever..." He murmured to no one in particular, then straightened up and laughed. "Another game, Kasai! I'll hide this time, and you seek! And no cheating!" Because that just wasn't fair.

Image Credit

@Merialeth
What is that quest that pulls me onward?
My heart is full when you are by my side.

*Please Tag Tristan in All Posts!*

Merialeth Posts: 6
Outcast
Filly :: Equine :: 17 hh :: Newborn
TierRen
Merialeth

Merialeth had just finished nursing from her mother and her stomach was filled with warmth. It was a feeling that contrasted starkly against the cold of the Frostfall afternoon. Sprawled across the ground she had napped in the deep sort of way that only the young can achieve.  "Gotcha!" It is said that what is attained with ease is just as easily taken away. The shout of another woke the girl.

Merialeth's initial reaction was one typical of a foal woken before it should have been; she kicked about in a display of unhappiness over being disturbed. That faded into curiosity though. What were they shouting about? What did they get? Could she have some too?

"Gotcha, Kasai!" What was a Kasai? Merialeth wrinkled her nose as she took matters into deep consideration. Was a Kasai worth leaving her napping spot? "Oh, don't be mad!" Each time that she heard the voice her curiosity grew stronger. It was more than what she would ever be capable of resisting. The girl's mind was made up but she did not want anyone to take her resting spot that was so comfy. Plucking a few leaves from a low hanging branch Merialeth placed them in a row, that she made sure to be perfectly straight, claiming the spot in her absence.

"I'm the best at seeking, you know that. Silly Kasai." Giving one last backwards glance at her perfect comfy spot Merialeth sped towards the nearby voice. Merialeth would get herself a Kasai and then she would go back to her nap.

The voice went quiet leaving her nothing to follow for a few moments. She wandered about trying to find it. Was that all that life was? Searching for and finding the voices of others? Merialeth had heard her mother's and her father's voices long before she met them. Now she was chasing another voice. The filly had no way of knowing in that moment that she was seeking out the voice of another who would secure a special place in her heart. She would come to call the colt who carried the voice a dear friend.

Merialeth's search did not take her long nor far. Soon she came around a cluster of trees and there it was! "I want to stay here forever.." Did he love his Kasai that much? Staying in one place was boring. Sometimes her mom or dad would make her stay still for too long. It was terrible. Especially since her dad had his wings and he could go everywhere! It was not fair. He did not understand. Oh, but maybe the Kasai were only here. Maybe they were that good! If they were then Merialeth could get one and then she would be able to be still for her mom and dad.

Merialeth had been watching the colt with unguarded expressions. Curiosity. A brief moment of fear whenever she saw how different his eye was. Friendliness. He was young like her! They could be friends. "Another game, Kasai!" Shocked she turned her gaze of grey to the Kasai. That was not what she had expected. The girl's instincts screamed for her to leave. That Kasai thing was a predator. She did not want one! But still she could not move. "I'll hide this time, and you seek! And no cheating!"

Wait. They were playing? The boy and the Kasai predator? Merialeth knew that he must be magic to be friends with something that should eat him. So she would be friends with him too. Maybe it was his weird eye that made him magic. Feeling no more fear towards the colt and only cautious towards the predator Merialeth skirted around the Kasai and walked to the boy's side with a smile. She still was not able to make the same sounds as everyone else. It was so hard. Instead of trying to talk Merialeth wanted to get straight to playing! So she splayed her front legs sending her hindquarters and her wiggling tail into the air. It was the universal language for play. Merialeth would join in on their game.

@Tristan
The New Flower
Image Credit

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

DECEMBER
& this is Carl

Her life had been like a dream since Merialeth was born. Full of peace and calm with her beloved and her precious babe, the mare could ask for nothing more. The filly was a rambunctious one; often she would try to wander and leave the watchful eyes of her parents in search of something more favorable. Every time she lost sight of the bay paint fear pierced her, and so she had made it a new task to simply go after her any time she ran off. December so badly wanted to give this girl freedom, to let her discover the world on her own terms so that it made it that much more enjoyable; but there was always the worry that one day Merialeth would decide she didn't want to come back. That she would realize just how unappealing of a mother the ivory lass was and search for something better, for someone better. The thought always caused tears to bring her steel eyes, the ones she had given her precious child. The thought of losing her after just having was the most terrifying thing in her existence. She would not let go of her beloved baby that easily.

So when Merialeth decided she had finished napping after hearing a noise somewhere distant, December wasted no time in following, her name anxious upon her lips,"Meria! Wait!" Of course the girl hadn't heard for she was long gone by then; causing the mare to snort before trudging after her effortlessly. Carl was close behind, not at all pleased that he was constantly moving after the little mongrel, but he would do it for December, because it brought him pain through their bond to feel her anxiety. That being said, there were still times he felt that perhaps the child shouldn't have been born in the first place. That thought caused a swift kick to reach his side, causing him to crumple to the floor. He coughed, the air knocked out of him, before regaining his composure and slowly lifting himself once more.

December's eyes were hard on him, almost menacingly so, causing Carl to get the message quite quickly. While they had their little spat, the mare had failed to notice that her little painted princess had vanished even further, and found something she certainly didn't expect. December soon caught up, but paused in the brush before bursting out in front of the scene before her. There was a boy, very close to Merialeth's age, playing with someone's companion in the snow. She assumed it was a parent's, but she didn't expect her daughter's reaction at all. The usually fearless filly suddenly seemed uncertain, and this thought couldn't help but make her smile. Perhaps the girl had more learning to do than she thought.

She seemed to overcome her concern though, for she was back to her usual self again and trying to encourage the boy into play. A small smile tugged at December's lips, and with a loving expression on her face she slowly brought herself down to the snowy floor, watching her little girl socialize like she should be. Before anything else though, she nudged Carl out towards the trio, snorting softly and looking to him with a look that said she wasn't taking no for an answer. The mammal snorted, ears flat upon his skull before shaking his head and breaking free from the foliage to finally join the group. He brought himself to Merialeth's side, eyes on the tigress and the boy as he attempted to place a playful nip on the girl's raised rump. Playing was certainly not one of his favorite things, but if it made his companion happy, how could he refuse?

Image Credits

@Tristan

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Tristan Posts: 8
Outcast
Colt :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 6 Months
Sparrow
T
R
I
S
T
A
N
Tristan had been unaware that he and Kasai were no longer alone, so focused as he was in their game of hide-and-seek, but the tigress had immediately spotted the youngling that had scuttled from the brush and sparse vegetation behind them. The tip of the black and white tigress' tail flicked, icy-blue orbs narrowed in brief judgement. Kasai had grown quite protective of Romani and Destrier's son, their little Prince, just as she knew Suli and Merlin had, and so she took any stranger as a potential threat... But as the filly bravely ventured closer, it became quite apparent that she meant Tristan no harm.

The said colt's head turned, spotting the filly with a curious blink. When did she get there? She was a splotched thing, the color of earth and clouds with golden palomino accents. Grey eyes stared curiously into vivid turquoise, and Tristan was powerless to stop the smile that lit up his face, the simple action of smiling pulling at his left eye uncomfortably.

"Hi!" The exclamation came quickly and excitedly to the sooty buckskin's lips, but his expression drooped as the little filly refrained from responding. "My name's Tristan! This is Kasai. Who're you?" The little Prince's head tilted, incredibly curious, but before he could speak anymore on the matter, the splotchy girl moved, splaying both of her lanky front legs out in front of her and wriggling her rump and tail in the air.

Maybe she couldn't talk? Maybe her voice didn't work? Maybe it was messed up, kind've like his eye was? Blinking quickly in an attempt to rid the said orb of a terrible, irritable itch, Tristan shifted and mimicked her position, dark legs splaying outwards and a bright expression lighting up his face... Yet it grew into one of confusion as the weirdest thing that he had ever seen walked up behind the splotched female and promptly nipped her upon the rump.

What in the world was it?

Kasai remained seated in the snow, tail twitching lazily in the snow, her icy-blue orbs looking from the paint filly to the llama companion. Perhaps he was a companion to one of the youngling's parents? It seemed that they, as companions, made the most spectacular of babysitters. Judging by this llama's lackluster expression, he must have felt the same.

Tristan, however, quickly forgot about his uncertainty regarding the thing and instead looked back to the splotched filly, and abruptly he reared up, tiny hooves flailing in the air as he pawed at her. "It's okay, I'll talk for the both of us! I wish I knew your name, though..." Oh well. "Let's play!" The buckskin then darted off to begin a game of chase, slipping occasionally in the snow and laughter bubbling up from his throat.
Image Credit

@Merialeth
What is that quest that pulls me onward?
My heart is full when you are by my side.

*Please Tag Tristan in All Posts!*