the Rift

Right infront of me

Fen'Harel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The wilderness was not a gentle home – often pulled out of his peaceful reverie by the chattering of birds, a crack of a branch, or even the grunting of other near-by beasts. At first he didn't mind. Being away from civilization was like a breath of fresh air. Out here there was no one speaking in hushed whispers. Gossip didn't pass from mouth to mouth and he need not bear the critical looks that had so often been turned his way. For a time he was free of everything that had once been a burden.

So he spent his first few weeks as he wished. His attentions drifted to once-battlegrounds or the lands of fallen empires. Places where memories were so deeply engraved within the very land that they practically sung. There was a deep thrill to be had as he lingered, passing the bleached bones of the forgotten or heavily scarred stone.

But he could not stay. These places were not to his destination, merely a distraction from something more. Fen'Harel couldn't place where exactly he was going. Away. Somewhere to begin anew, where he was faceless – meaningless. A place where he couldn't be painted with colors from his past. It was always with great hesitation that he continued his travels. With each passing week the wilderness grew more and more unfamiliar. He could no longer name the local fauna, or recognize the songs of the birds. Until finally he was here.

Wherever here was.

He couldn't say that there was anything specifically different about this place aside from the occasional stench that hinted at life beyond the local wild animals. A forest, sure. But it was the idea that there were others here that had him pushing forward. Perhaps it was finally time to haul himself out from his self-induced exile. He doubted any of his people had ever wandered this far from their comfortable life of ignorance.

They were much to proud to admit they might not be as grand as they would like to think. But Fen'Harel was different. He always had been. His curiosity was touched as slowed his movements. Raising his head he took a moment to pause, listen. His ears swiveled gently with every soft sound and his eyes calmly watched. “Where am I now?” He spoke, his voice a careful rumble.

FEN'HAREL

dread--wolf

@Roux
Open to anyone else!

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

" Oh goodness!" she huffed as she tumbled forward briefly from her clumsy flight. She had caught a sudden updraft that sent her sailing to the side, before finally causing her to crash down into the Threshold below. Fortunately the snow was still fluffy enough to take most of the impact, and all it did was simply cover the spotted girl in most of it. Snorting she shook her head, wings flapping to rid most of the icy debris, before finally regaining her footing and standing gracefully once more. Her ink-stained legs carried her out of the massive snow pile, and with another snort at it she tossed her head, before turning away to continue elsewhere. She froze when she heard someone speak though, causing her eyes to flick deeper into the trees. After a moment to see if more words would come, she finally pranced forward, ears pricked and entirely focused on the voice ahead of her.

In no time she broke into a smaller clearing, where she finally found someone else. It was a man, whose color was primarily dark with hints of white scattered among his sides. Not only did he have white markings here and there, but he also seemed to carry many fresh scars. Without another thought Myrrine gasped, before rushing forward and looking to him with concern," Oh my Sir you're hurt! Please, if you could let me tend to your wounds. I know just what to find!" She didn't wait for a response from him, but instead turned and disappeared briefly into a set of bushes. Her nose was pressed against the snowy floor urgently, and to her luck she managed to find a meager helping of what she was in search for.

Soon she was back to his side, wilted strands of chamomile in her jaws. She placed them on a rather large wilted leave, one that she managed to keep together, before she began the process of chewing the flowers into a pulp. She was diligent in her work, before vanishing once more in search of something else. Fortunately Helovia's land was filled with fruitful plants of many kinds, and though Frostfall had begun, it was still rather gentle in its arrival. Because of this many of the herbs were struggling to survive, making the spotted girl's life easier as she found the second plant she was in search for. Returning to her little work station swiftly she began to mix up some Aloe, being methodical in her movements, before finally looking up at him.

She realized then that she hadn't even introduced herself. She was so caught up in helping him and getting himself better, that she hadn't even said a hello. She paused in her mixing, looking shyly away in utter embarrassment. How rude she was being. She couldn't help but feel so ashamed. Clearing her throat and trying to remain positive, she looked up to him with a sheepish smile, before speaking softly," I do apologize for getting ahead of myself. My name is Myrrine, and it is quite the pleasure to meet you. I was just so concerned about your scars that I wanted to tend to them before anything else. I hope you can forgive my rudeness." With that she bowed her head, only glancing up at him to see what he would say. This was definitely quite the introduction.

OOC:

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Fen'Harel

Unregistered

Her gasp had him turning sharply towards her, brow furrowing in question. His muscled tensed in alarm. Too many days spent alone left him quick to jump to the worst conclusion. However there was no immediate danger. Instead she came towards him, pressed concern over him, and then hurried off. Wounds? Hurt? Fen'Harel tried to keep the confusion from creeping on his face. Nothing felt bruised or torn. Briefly his gaze flicked over his shoulder as he looked himself over.

Ah.

The fresh, bright pink scars that littered his body. They had been taking longer to heal – the skin became aggravated at one point and he hadn't wished to irritate them. Most were gifts from rougher terrain, but a few still lingered from days much too long ago. They had been deep once. Aching reminders that he was still flesh and blood. While they no longer stung with the sharpness of a fresh wound, he still tried to keep them from his mind.

His attentions drifted away from himself and towards the mare once she returned to his side. He watched, carefully, as she set to work with plants he could not recognize. His talents did not lay with healing – certainly not here where everything was so foreign. He kept quiet as she busied herself, his eyes following her movements as she hunted for one more plant to add to her mixture. A poultice, perhaps? Or the oils, maybe. His brow furrowed.

He would have to ask. While she seemed genuinely concerned over him he couldn't rid himself of the inkling of doubt lurking in the back of his mind. A carefully placed voice of caution. At the very least he wanted to know what the plants were. But then she was looking at him, a sheepish smile, and an apologizing.

Nothing to forgive,” He said, with slight smile of his own. “If anything I'm grateful for your concern. I had.. put them out of my mind, since there was little I could do for them. As for an introduction, you may call me Fen'Harel.” He stepped forward, making a careful motion with his head towards her small work station. “I will admit to some curiosity though. I don't recognize those plants.

It was a wariness that had him keeping watch upon her work. And wonder that had his gaze wandering. The pair of wings upon her back were.. unique. While wings on their own were not something new, they were still a rarity in his homeland. They had only ever been seen upon traders coming from distant places, or among those of his people with diluted bloods. But even those such wings were feathered and lay heavy.

Her wings were beautiful, delicate in appearance. Could she fly with them? His interest blossomed and he tried to keep the question at bay. Now wasn't the time to be openly discussing the mechanics of flight with a pair of butterfly wings.

He could question that later.

FEN'HAREL

dread--wolf

@Myrrine

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

The Threshold was normally a place I avoided, and it would continue to be a place that I would avoid for the rest of my life. But today, today I would drag myself blindly into the thick trunks for one reason alone. Ink stained ears flicked easily to and fro on top of my ivory crowned skull, listening carefully for the sound of the red kite's wings smacking the air overhead. How he still managed to fly when it was cold enough for small crystals of ice to form on my eyelashes was beyond me. But here we were, headed back to the North once more, alas, we were still not headed home.

Moon eyes shifted uselessly in the bright sunlight as ink stained limbs moved my lanky frame into the thick trunks. Edison would send direction signals over our mental connection, smooth enough that if a stranger were to be watching us they would think I was just unfortunate enough to have been born with silver eyes rather than a color that would assist in stealthiness like...a simple brown. Little did they know that the moon eyes were about as worthless as the dew claws on a fresh mutt, unless the sun had set and the moon herself had decided to grace us with her soft glow. "Why here." The perpetually cranky bird's voice crept through our bond as I drew deeper into the Threshold, he was just as uncomfortable around all of these trees as I was, for a different reason though. He enjoyed the wide open sky, and I just enjoyed not having to come into contact with strangers.

Just as I was gathering my thoughts in order to reply to the grumpy bird that was now nestled up on my withers, the strong scent of medical herbs smacked me in the face. My ivory topped skull jerked upwards as I moved in the direction of the scent, hopes growing closer and closer to the sky as I hoped that my father would be the one in the clearing. Focused hard on making some kind of new concoction that would lead the Basin in a glorious biological warfare. Ink dipped ears flicked forward excitedly as the kite tried to quell my hopes so they wouldn't be crushed.

I broke through the clearing easily as a gentle coo comes from the normally piss-head of an avian. Using his dark eyes I searched the clearing for the familiar white marked blood bay, only to settle instead on a sky rat who was practicing her minimal healing skills on one of my own kind who smelled of places other than Helovia. Emotions tore through my frame as I realized just why I had came to the Threshold, all in hopes that either my sire or my brother would still be lingering around. Shaking my skull slightly I lowered my crown in greeting before allowing gruff vocals to fill the frozen air. "Sorry for the intrusion. I thought you were someone else." I muttered before preparing myself to turn awkwardly away from the mismatched couple until Edison screeched in my skull to stay and take this brother home instead of letting him go to whatever hell the spotted rat came from. So, I stayed. "Welcome to Helovia, I am Roux formerly of the Basin. On the trip to return there if you are looking for asylum."

"You can hear me"
"Edison can hear me"
"Edison speaks to me."

CAN I KILL IT WITH YOU?
till the veins run red and blue
TheIceViking
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Watermel0nBob

He was rather forgiving of her rudeness, and she couldn't help but smile in response to him sweetly. She moved a little closer to him, viewing the old wounds from a different view before turning back to grab her salve. She paused when he spoke his name, looking back to him and dipping her head in greeting. He seemed kind, friendly and just in need of someone to talk to, and who better to do that than Myrrine herself. As she prepared to apply to poultice onto his pink markings, his concern for the contents of it were something she felt the need to address. After a setting down her potion she looked to him once more, always smiling throughout the process," I've mixed up a little cream made of Chamomile and Aloe, both things that will soothe your skin and heal it. It will also relieve any irritation or itchiness." After finally saying that, she dabbed some of it on her muzzle, trying to ignore the potent scent as she finally moved in an attempt to place the medicine on one of his scars.

Before she could continue however, she noticed another creature approaching. It was another horned man, with a beautiful bird on his back happily nesting between his withers. She smiled kindly at both of them, wiping off the remainder of the blend off of her muzzle so she could speak freely," Hello sir! My name is Myrrine, it's a pleasure to meet you!" She dipped her head politely, about to say more when it seemed this man had his own agenda. He apologized for intruding, causing her to giggle slightly and look to him," Oh it's quite alright-"

He was talking again before she knew it, causing her to pause and simply listen to him patiently. Perhaps he couldn't hear her? That must be why he wasn't responding to her so. So she let him finish, before looking to Fen'Harel and finally speaking again," I've heard the Basin is a lovely place to be! It's a little too cold for my liking, but I've heard it's a wonderful home. I live in the Edge myself, where climate is usually more temperate and we live right by the ocean!" Thinking of her home made her smile cheerfully, the love for it swelling within her chest. Ever since she had left it she had grown more attached to it, longing for its presence of pine trees and mists that trailed around your feet. It was a big step to take to leave there, and after she had done it she realized she needed to come home.

Despite her desire to search for mother and reunite with her as she was now, she knew that was a mere pipe dream, one that was silly to attempt to accomplish. Not because mother wasn't worth it, but because she had no idea where to begin, and she knew somewhere deep down inside of her, that her mother was gone and there was no turning back. It was a hard thought to swallow, but she did so with grace and few tears shed in the middle of the night, but she did it, and felt so much more liberated from no longer being held back from her past. Everyone seemed to cling to something in the past, anything they could grasp onto that reminded them of what could have been. Even these two gentleman most likely had something they were clinging to. She only wondered what it might be.

OOC:

MYRRINE

@Fen'Harel @Roux
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Unregistered

He appreciated her explanation. Such wariness had been, at times, the only thing that kept him alive. Poison masked as a healing salve would not have been uncommon – not that he suspected her of such things. Once again it was her sincerity that kept him from doubting any farther. He eased himself as she moved to apply the poultice, about to speak his thanks when his attention was snatched away by the arrival of another.

A stallion, unicorn like himself, and in the company of a bird of prey. Fen'Harel let his eyes linger momentarily before he flicked his gaze back to Myrrine. He listened as she cheerfully introduced herself, and then as she tried to offer the other male reassurance. But it was Roux's welcome that had his brow furrowing slightly.

Helovia. So he had been correct in assuming he'd ventured into a place well populated. With established dwellings too, it seemed – this Basin and Edge. All odd names, but then again he was no longer speaking his birth language. Many of the words felt strange on his tongue as he spoke with a practiced clarity. Was this not what he wanted, though? To find a place where Fen'Harel was just another name with no meaning behind it. Where he was just some faceless stranger from the woodlands with a mere history of solitude and wandering. There was some appeal.

My name is Fen'Harel,” he introduced himself again, eyes flicking between Roux and Myrrine. “And I cannot say I was actively seeking refuge – though the interest is there, now.

He could shed a part of him, if only for a little while. Maybe, just maybe he could learn a little more about both of these places. If not he had no problems parting ways on his own, eventually. His attention turned behind him for just a fraction of a moment. The way he had come. He could turn around still and drift back out into the wilderness. He could retrace his jagged journey, return home to the orcastrated bows, the temples. He could haunt the dreams of a people who could not recognize what he had done for them. The thought was fleeting and almost humorous. If there was one thing he was quick to make up his mind about it was the decision to press forward.

He would remain in Helovia, for however long he wished. Looking back to his two companions he managed a slight, encouraging smile. “Do tell me more.

ooc, ohgosh this was rushed as i was dragged out the door. D: sorry

FEN'HAREL

dread--wolf

@Myrrine @Roux

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Look to love, you may dream—hope is home, and the heart is free.
Through the trees she dances, her hair a billowing mass of chiming shells and rustling herbs, the lightness of her laughter floating on the crisp winter air. Glancing upwards, the ocean mare’s eyes are illuminated with her inherent joy and invigorated by her passion for life—how beautiful it is! Only when she rests does she take note of the voices—carried on wintry fingers to tickle her ears and play with her curiosity. With muscles bunched beneath her satin skin, Tiamat waits, listening as her warm breath pools in wisps around her nose.

It is the mention of her home that ultimately draws the blue mare closer to the group, dainty ears slanting forward to cup the voices, pulled along whispers of Aurora Basin and refuge. Dark, cloven hooves cut neatly into the powdery snow, leaving a haphazard trail winding behind her as she threads through the trees—following the flow and movement of the earth, rather than pushing straight through it. Before long she can see figures between the trunks, a trio huddled together in a clearing just ahead. With her pace quickening to an extended gait, Tiamat emerges from the wood to join them.

“The Aurora Basin is a wonderful place,” she smiles, her voice tinkling like the rain, and her white eyes wide with the unfettered delight of her soul. The ocean mare comes to rest between two stallions, her weight settling comfortably among their little group. Tiamat’s practiced eye is quick to take note of the scars on one of them, her healer’s heart leaping in her earnest duty—her desire—to offer aid, but there is already a poultice of herbs slathered across the worst of them, which quickly satisfies the urgency in her chest.

Expanding her attention once again, the Medic suddenly becomes bashful, realizing her initial outburst (she can just lose herself in her excitement sometimes!). “Hello,” Tiamat offers a brilliant smile to each of them, “I believe I caught your name—Fen’Harel?” White eyes settle on the dark chocolate stallion, his eyes so bright a blue that she can’t help but grin. If she has heard the last bit of their conversation correctly, then it is this fellow who is in need of refuge, but she isn’t about to exclude the other two. “I’m sorry, I’ve missed your introductions. Your wings are beautiful by the way; I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like them,” there is wonder in her voice as she eyes the butterfly appendages, amazed at their uniqueness.

Flicking the length of her tail out behind her, she continues then with her own introduction. “My name is Tiamat; the Aurora Basin is my home,” white eyes find their way again to Fen’Harel, alight with her love of her home. “It’s a valley nestled in the mountains; during the cooler months it can get quite cold, but I assure you there are enough ways to stay warm. There are hot springs, caves, and always at least one fire burning.” She sighs happily, wanting nothing else but to give him what had been given to her so long ago—not only a herd, but a home and family.

notes; Hope you don't mind!:)
“Speech.”
@Fen'Harel | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Unregistered

FEN'HAREL

His careful gaze flicked once more towards the surrounding wood as they were joined by another. A mare this time – and uniquely colored as well. As she neared he offered her a slight nod of his head, silently welcoming and acknowledging her presence. He was, however, almost stunned by the approach of yet someone else. Having gone from complete solitude to meeting with a small band of strangers within such a short time frame only offered him perhaps the smallest glimpse at the vastness of this place. Was it truly so occupied? Blinking his thoughts away, he offered the newest arrival his careful smile.

Hello,” he returned her greeting, “And yes, that is my name.

Fen'Harel listened as she spoke of the basin, noticed the emotions she harbored for this place. For her this land was very much a comfort, it seemed. What would it be like to feel that again? Home had become a strange concept to him. He had long been detached from one place. Even before arriving here, the great expanse of land he originated from twisted from home to a place he looked at with disgust. The towering trees and crystal spires were reminders to him now of only what he had committed – and lost. He felt more at home within the desolated ruins of crumbled empires.

It was a sobering revelation, but he managed to keep his expression to little more then a polite smile and a soft inclination of his head. “That does sound pleasant,” he hummed in thought. While a place could sound welcoming in nature, underneath the appearance there could be a rotting civilization. Fen'Harel could speak of his homelands in wonderful details – describe the trees that touched the skies, or the delicate waterfalls that tumbled in soft mists. He could praise the structures built into the land like they had forever been apart of it, or speak of the graceful wisps of spirits that greeted visitors with pleasant giggles and chimes.

But take away the beauty and there was nothing left but desperation and arrogance. There was a faint narrowing of his eyes as he let his gaze linger upon Tiamat before darting towards Myrrine and Roux once more. He could not judge either of these places enough to adequately sate his interest. Not without seeing them first, living there. But he could question – at least just a little bit more. “But what of beliefs? Morals?” He paused, sighed, and gave his head a slow shake. “My apologies if I seem wary. I have come a long way, and there is so much that seems so.. different.

The land, the language – it would not be a far off guess to assume the customs and religious beliefs were entirely different as well. His chest heaved with another sigh, this one quieter.

ar lasa mala revas

dread--wolf

@Tiamat @Myrrine

Watermel0nBob

Before Myrrine could really say more, another mare arrived to join them. She was a different color than the girl would have expected; but she was certainly beautiful none the less. Her blue tint melded that into a buckskin pattern, a unicorn horn adorning her crown, and a gentle expression that made Myrrine smile back immediately, dipping her head and listening to her speak kindly. When she complimented on her wings she blinked before shyly looking to the ground, smiling softly in modesty before looking back up to her again," Thank you so much Miss. That's a very kind thing for you to say. You're very pretty too, your coat color is so unique!" She giggled shyly, smiling brightly and listening as the maiden's name finally escaped her lips. She was so delighted to have finally met someone else who seemed to hold the same demeanor she did, and soon she was turning back to her newfound friend Fen'Harel with that same brilliant smile.

She let him speak his concerns, nodding to show she really was listening, before looking back to Tiamat with a gentle expression, then back to him before responding," Please don't apologize Sir Fen'Harel, it's to be expected when you're arriving somewhere so new. Each herdland has its own Patron God that watches over them and cares for them. The Aurora Basin has the Time God, the Worlds Edge has the Moon God, the Hidden Falls has the Earth God, and the Dragon's Throat has the Sun God. All of them possess different abilities and offer different gifts to their loyal followers." Her tone remained even and pleasant with everything she said, remaining as focused and attentive as ever as she tried to help explain to him everything there was to know about her home.

It was certainly a lot to take in, a lot to learn, and certainly no one expected him to learn it all in one sitting and then make a decision of his own accord. Myrrine wanted to do whatever she could to help him feel the most comfortable here, and if that meant him going to the Basin; then so be it. He was an adult and he was capable of his own decisions, all the spotted girl had to do was guide him to making the right decision for himself. She only hoped it was with her in the Edge. He seemed like a kind man, with strong beliefs and morals without trying to impose them on others. He also was strong, and obviously had experience with battles, his scars being the clear evidence. The Edge needed more warriors, especially ones like him, and to have him on their side would be an amazing asset to all. Of course she wouldn't say those things to him, that would make him feel quite pressured. She wanted him to be comfortable with here, with her and even Tiamat as well. She believed Helovians needed to stand together and help each other through thick and thin, and that was what the winged beauty always strived to do.

OOC: Blegh so bad. I'm sorry.

MYRRINE

@Tiamat
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Look to love, you may dream—hope is home, and the heart is free.
The mare’s smile brightens when the dark chocolate stallion confirms her assumptions, labeling himself as Fen’Harel and returning her welcome with a kindly (albeit, more subdued) greeting of his own. “A pleasure to meet you,” the curved tip of her horn is inclined towards him, doe-eyes shining beneath long lashes before her attention shifts to the young spotted mare. The pegasus (the label feels somewhat awkward in her mind, considering the wondrous singularity of the girl’s wings) responds just as generously, and Tiamat’s cheeks warm pleasantly at the compliment. “Thank you,” she smiles bashfully, the length of her lion tail curling around her legs.

The silence doesn’t linger between them for long; the blue-eyed stallion soon issues forth some inquiries, as Tiamat expected he would. Her expression softens when he apologizes for his wariness, nostrils flaring and her brow knitting together in sympathy. The spotted mare speaks first, and Tiamat nods once in agreement, white eyes flickering to the other mare before settling again on Fen’Harel. “Yes, no need to apologize; I understand how overwhelming it can be—there’s so much new information, it’s a lot to absorb,” she laughs lightly, offering him a gentle grin.

The ocean mare can still recall her own experience in the Threshold like it was yesterday—even if years have passed, she will never forget the excitement, the kindness of the brown mare, and the offer that would change her life forever. To give Fen’Harel the same opportunity, to help him and perhaps give him a home again, is all she wishes to achieve.

With dainty ears slanting forward, she listens as the pegasus explains Helovia’s four gods, velvet lips pursing in a soft line before she speaks herself, allowing a breath of silence to separate their words. “I’ll admit that I don’t know much about Helovia’s religious beliefs,” she glances to the chocolate stallion almost shyly, worried that her ignorance might dissuade him, but she can’t give knowledge where there is none. Tiamat has seen all four of the gods herself, but has yet to speak with any of them directly (and again she pushes away the memories of the violence that had surrounded their celestial bodies, of the hate that they had brought to them). The gods know what is best, don’t they?

They only do what is rightdon’t they?

Tiamat releases a shaky breath from her nostrils, shifting her weight to bring ease to her anxious mind, to drive away these dark thoughts and fill herself with the joy that she holds so dear (so desperately). “They usually communicate with us through Wise Ones, the seers,” she continues, offering a smile that is sincerer as her thoughts turn to the Basin’s Seer, their Haruspex—and her dear, dear friend.

White eyes drift to the frozen ground for a short moment, her features relaxing into her usual jubilant candor, the dark hair of her tail brushing against the snow as her muscles unwind from her brief discomfort. “I have yet to be met with hostility myself, I’ve made many friends since finding Helovia,” the ocean mare smiles while she addresses his second concern, a trace of laughter lacing her voice that reaches to enlighten her eyes. Indeed, there are numerous individuals that have been tucked in the folds of her heart (ever uninhibited in her kindness, ever unwavering in her affection). “I like to believe in people,” she says softly, looking up to meet the stallion’s blue eyes with a gentle smile.

“Speech.”
@Fen'Harel | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Unregistered

FEN'HAREL

Ah,” Fen'Harel breathed softly as he listened to Myrrine speak. The more he heard the more a bitter taste was left upon his tongue. Gods. The word on it's own had been spoiled to him, leaving nothing but a rotting distaste for anything claiming godhood. Anyone. Closing his eyes for a few breaths he tried to shield his mild disappointment from the two mares. He knew what he was asking when he brought it up. Hearing that there were gods here – patron gods of each land, no less – raised forth a kind of annoyance within him. But it was to be expected. Most places revered something. Perhaps these deities were truly such.

Opening his eyes again he looked to Tiamat as she spoke. So perhaps these beliefs weren't so dominant if she could claim to knowing so little. He kept his sharp words to himself, however. As much as he wanted to question the truth about these gods, now was not the time. Quiet observation was better then openly hostile distaste. Despite his efforts his smile had turned cold and distant. “I see,” he muttered.

His attentions remained upon the ocean colored mare for a time. With a slight nod of his head he indicated he was listening to her. Her opinion on morals was also appreciated. While it didn't mean that prejudices didn't exist – he knew better – it might have meant that they were, perhaps, more contained to a single person then an entire group.

So the choice was his. He could follow one of his companions for now, see these lands for himself. His tongue pressed against the roof of his mouth as he remained quiet in thought.

The Basin belonged to the Time God.

And the Edge to the Moon God.

At the thought he glanced briefly to Myrrine again. He was all to certain that he would not – could not – be a devout follower to any deity. So the appeal of the gods themselves was dimmed. Trying to warm his expression to her, he offered a faint bow her way. “I feel I must thank you again, Myrrine,” his words were softer now as he raised his eyes upwards. “Your help has been greatly appreciated. And I would very much like to see the lands you call home, one day. But for now I believe I will accompany Tiamat.

( ooc, terrible. brain didn't want to work with me on this one. I had to roll some dice in order to choose, as well. uwu basin it is! )

ar lasa mala revas

dread--wolf

@Tiamat @Myrrine