the Rift

[OPEN] Visions are seldom what they seem

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the elephant king
Legs, heavy and stiff with betrayal and anger, churned relentlessly faster than his usual, steady pace— especially for bringing newcomers to the Edge. He had attempted a few words of conversation, but had mostly failed to leave the tumultuous insides of his skull during their (seemingly) long walk from the Endless Blue. In actually, it wasn’t too long of a trek— the cliffs were visible from the beach, after all. But, when stuck in mental misery, time passed so very differently.

Some parts the King realized he was being rude, some parts knew that he was pushing this mare further from joining him and his herd with his surly silent steps. But the larger part of him simply didn’t care— the swollen and pregnant sides of his no-longer lover weighed too heavily on his mind. His words, angry and cold, echoed in his head. While hers, hurt and apologetic, falling deafly onto his ears; they were ringing with heat and elephantine trumpets. Perhaps at a later time, a time when he was along and the rage cooled, he could self-flagellate himself with what the Thief had said… but not now.

Now, as the broached the tall trees and mists of the Edge, his attentions belonged to Raeden. He had been negligent in their walk, and the mare had been so sad upon the beach before… well, just before everything. Abruptly, ivory hooves halted in the soft earth. His eyes closed, head bowed and a long, even breath blew out of his nostrils. “Raeden,” his voice was low, “I—again, I am sorry for you having to witness that, on the beach. And for…” for stomping back to the Edge in silence? For turning his attentions away from her problems and onto his own?

He sighed, turning raising his head to gaze at her with tired, cobalt eyes, “Welcome to the World’s Edge. Our cliffs you saw from the beach are beyond the trees. I hope you choose to make our herd your home, though—“ he paused, contemplating the question that bubbled to his lips, “Is there a reason you choose not to reside with your sister in the Basin?” To the Elephant, who had buried his, family was precious.
tembovu
image | table

@Raeden welcoming, maybe? :D

Please tag Tembovu.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

it was a quiet walk, and the pale gold mare was not going to be the one to speak first. She knew the large stallion was very upset with their experience on the beach. It was not her fault, but the other mare had upset him. In fact everything was going so wonderful until she showed up. Raeden had actually started to get to know and talk with this handsome king. Her small frame traveled behind him most of the way. It had felt like they were walking for ages, but it was not really too long of a walk. She knew he was really hurt, and she felt his pain . Golden tones glistened and sparkled in the sun above. Her long cream mane and tail flowed with the strides she made t keep up. She was a remarkably beautiful mare, and a part of her felt like that. The other felt like she will never be good enough for anyone to really love and care about her. Her thought process got broken as soon as he footing changed and she found her self walking next to the Elephant king.

Her small frame was nothing compared to his. He was pulsing with testosterone and broad muscle. Raeden on the other hand was refined with estrogen and a petite curves of the light gold body. Her teal and silver eyes flicked to look at his deep blue ones. They glistened and sparkled with hope and happiness just being in the presence of this mighty king. He was apologizing for what happened, and for something else, but he could not get it out. Tembovu it is okay, you don't have to apologize for anything. You have done no wrong in my eyes. Her soft sweet voice sung in the air around the two as silver flecked eyes looked to her hooves. She was not upset or angry at him for any of this. She just hoped he would understand. Her ears perked back up as he heard her welcome her to Edge It looks beautiful... What a wonderful home you have. Then the question flew from his mouth with deep tones. Her sister, and why was she not with her. The Basin is beautiful and such a wonderful place. The Aurora at night is to die for and my sister, my twin does live there. That is her home though, and she has made her mark in that herd. I... I want to make my mark somewhere else. She is my other half and i will never go with out seeing her, but I want my own chance to make my mark on our world. I do not want to rely on my sister as my Lady to get me somewhere in life. I want to do it, and I don't think I would be able to in the Basin. She spoke from her heart. She was strong and powerful with her words as she smiled softly to the King of Edge.

words

@Tembovu

Image Credits

the elephant king
His ears twitch at the pleasant, easy, melody of her voice— unknowingly releasing some of the tension stitched into the muscles of his neck. An ear swayed sideways as he began to marginally relax, eyes finding her face as her own found her hooves. He listened to her answer, gaze studying the delicate lines of her face and flitting of her lash-ringed eyes.

She spoke of the Basin as most speak of the Basin— of it’s beauty and allure. He had yet to visit, and his own interactions with those who lived there had been mostly unpleasant. So her high praise of the place fell of deaf ears— despite the alliance the Edge shared with them. And as she continued to speak, of wishing to ‘make her mark,’ he finds he cannot understand nor follow her need for ambition. But that is only because of his past— if faced with the decision of family and ambition, the King knew which he would choose.

But was that true? Had he not remained in the Edge instead of follow Rexanna to the Basin? Had she asked since the Threshold? No. That realization rocked him… perhaps the mare truly had meant to keep the Elephant at a hoof’s length. And he had remained in the Edge with a sense of duty, which was right and just in his eyes. But, still, he listens to Raeden’s answer, trying to understand. “I think you shine too brightly to be cast in your sister’s shadow. But the Basin’s loss is our gain— do you have a path in mind on which to leave your mark?” His head cocked slightly to the side, wondering just what rank this lovely, gilded mare wished to follow.
tembovu
image | table

@Raeden

Please tag Tembovu.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

Her face watched him think. He pondered to himself as teal eyes traced over his body. He told her that she shined to bright to be put in her sisters shadow. Was that true? She had done nothing to get to that point, all she had was her looks. She was just a beautiful mare and nothing more right now. She was flawless when it came to her body and everything about her looks, but her personality had its flaw. She was a hopeless romantic, and a king would never want that. A crooked smile formed on her face by forcing the muscles to make one.words Well I am happy you feel like that, but it is hard for me to not feel like a shadow. I have nothing but my looks right now. Don't get me wrong I would never betray my sister, I am not that type of person. I could never hurt someone that meant the world to me, or someone I loved. Her shoulders shrugged very softly as she looked away, and around the Edge. Was his her new home? Tin nudged at her side to tell her everything is okay.

Her attention was caught again when she asked what she wanted to do. The mare knew right away what her family calling was. She was a sneak at heart to tell the truth. As a child she was always able to manipulate others around her and she was very good at it. She can creep among the others unnoticed. Her beauty was a distraction, and she knew how to use her looks when it came down to it.words Honestly I feel taking the rank of a Sneak would suit my calling to the best. I can help where ever you need it though, it is not something I am pressed on. Her golden head tilted slightly wondering how he would respond to this news. If he wanted to use her to her full potential then a Sneak would be perfect, but she had healing magic. words I will say I do have healing Magic. I can purify Lands and the body of imperfections or infections. Her voice hushed slightly as she lowered her head looking up at the Elephant King. Her long cream mane and tail flew a few strands in the soft breeze.Where ever he needed her she would go. The small deer looked to the King to see what he would say. As he did the leaves on his antlers started to shift and change to the new greenery. Teal eyes glistened as she looked to Tin with a warm smile, and silver flecks caught the sun. Warm rays bounced off the highlights of her perfect body as she perked her ears up moving her head to meet his eyes.

words words

OOC:: Sorry i suck!!!!

@Tembovu

Image Credits

the elephant king
Gaze continues to study the golden woman as she speaks, his own mouth mimicking her crooked smile— though it didn’t manage to ease the melancholic lines around his navy eyes. But her words— she spoke words of loyalty to those she loved. Words that would have drawn the stallion in, along with her pale gold beauty, in another time. But now, with Rexanna’s betrayal so fresh in his mind, he resisted the pull he felt towards Raeden. His loss too raw; his trust too ravaged.

But, still, he listened and watched attentively. Though he was resisting the visceral pull he felt towards the mare, he did not deny his eyes nor his ears the pleasant beauty of her voice and body. Though he felt a weight drop like a cold stone in his barrel as she proclaimed to follow the path of ‘Sneak.’ How close to home that rank took. Something shifted in his gaze, and he briefly glanced towards her vibrantly antlered companion, meeting his questioning teal eyes.

“Regardless of your magic, you may follow whatever path you choose, Raeden,” his low voice rumbled to answer her unasked question. “Iona is our Specter, the leader of sneaks in the Edge. She’s a no-nonsense mare, but excellent at defending us from others. You should find her,” his eyes finally leave Tin and resettle on the silver of Raeden’s. “Though I will keep your magic in mind, for it seems I often need a healer, lately,” a bit of humor colors his words, finally, as grin crosses his broad muzzle. Indeed, in the wake of spars and battles, the Elephant was injured more than he was healthy.

Oddly, in the wake of his grin, he felt the overwhelming urge for solitude. He had gone to the shores to be alone, but had instead found this lovely woman. Unfortunately they had been interrupted by the jealous and pregnant Rexanna— which left the King yearning more strongly to be alone with his thoughts. “If you’ll excuse me, Raeden. I look forward to seeing you in the Edge,” he offered a lopsided smile.
tembovu
image | table

@Raeden We can end it here, or soonish? So much has happened with him that it's hard to back write this :[ We can have a new thread with them! He'll probs need his knee healed!
Also, I changed her rank! :D

Please tag Tembovu.