the Rift

[OPEN] Hard boiled

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
I'd sell my soul just to see your face. 
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
It had been a long time since he had been on this shore. Memories of the last time flashed through his mind causing a smile to spread over his face. He could still picture the smell of blood and seeing Eden laying on her side, back facing him. He had run to her, run faster than he had ever done before. Ilios had been so scared something horrible had happened to her and their unborn child. Then he had neared her and called out, only to be surprised with a tender smile from her white lips. It was then his silver gaze had found their beautiful baby girl. A fond smile rose upon his ivy masked face at the memory.

He stood silently in the weak afternoon sunlight gazing out at the ocean. Something leaped from the water sending shards of water sparkling from it's sleek grey body. Wonder filled his wide eyes. "Well that's new." His drawl was breathy with excitement and curiosity as it splashed back into the salty water. Stepping forward cold water slowly rose up his legs as sharp eyes searched for more movement. As if hearing his internal plea two more creatures burst from the sea sending a spray of water away from them. Smiling brightly the stud called out hopefully. He waited silently ears pricked hoping the odd creatures would come closer so he could investigate. "What were they?" His voice was louder this time, dripping with wonder. Who knew such odd and wonderful things could live in the sea? What other kinds of animals were lurking just below the surface.

Speech
Words;; 267
OOC/Tags;; SO crappy! It will get better I promise! BTW, it's dolphins he is watching xD Anyone is welcome! @Darwin @Caenan @Quilyan Ya'll don't all have to join, if you want separate posts that's ok with me too! Oh, the thread name because dolphins feel like hard boiled eggs xD
Image Credit
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
Ever since the aquatic mare from the Isles had hunted a lobster for Antaa, the firey chick had insisted they visit water more often. She was sure that Darwin could capture something like that for her, but he knew she was out of luck. Though the tug on the connection was beginning to drive the Pegasus insane, so he agreed to her that they would visit the beach. But he made it a point to her that he couldn’t assure her a seafood meal from it. Once the phoenix had agreed to their terms, Darwin allowed her onto his back once again. Her talons clutching his mane as he took to the air to reach the beach, a place he hadn’t seen in many years.

As they approached, another winged creature caught his attention. One that carried exotic colors that Darwin couldn’t keep his river stone gaze off of. He lowered himself and his companion then, a bit far away from the new creature as to not frighten it. Antaa had chosen to stay on the white stallion’s back as he made his way to the beast he had spotted from the skies. He carried a swift and gentle pace, curious to see what this Pegasus was looking at across the water. Yet as he approached, it all seemed to drift away from him. Friends were needed, for him anyway. He was going to go crazy if he had to listen to Antaa all day and all night.

Clearing his throat briefly, the stallion craned his neck to the other. There was a bit of distance between them, but enough for his words to reach him. “Uh, hello? Can we join you?” He questioned, head tilting ever so slightly as he halted in his steps. His beard shifting with the movement as his gaze stuck to the exotic colored stallion. He smelled of desert sands and instantly Darwin grew slightly more curious as the seconds passed. Antaa chirped to the stallion, as if to ask a plea to let them join him. She enjoyed people. The flaming chick was a lot more social than Darwin was and it was slowly proving to be difficult.

"Talk."
& they said you were the crooked kind—
that you'd never have no worth,
but you were always gold to me.
image credits

@Ilios , sorry its kinda bleh :|

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
The prince flies.

It isn't a flight for travel - no, he had taken to the sky for the pure joy of it, nothing more - and so he soars, the sun glinting on his golden wings, the wind tugging at his wild mane. Zarina clings to his nape, settled at its base in a particularly dense clump of hair that she has claimed as her own. His antics in the air had terrified her, once - but now she shared in his pleasure as they rise through the clouds, plummet toward the ground, flare out their wings just in time --

And then they are on the beach, and he is laughing with exhilaration, and she is scolding him playfully for almost killing them, even though she knew that they were perfectly safe the entire time.

It has been some time since he has been able to smile and laugh, and the marmoset finds herself relaxing. He may have been an idiot, sure; and he may have managed to stumble off and lose his memory, destroying all of the good in his idiot life - but he was her idiot, and she loves him, and she wants to see him happy. And it has been so long since he has ben anywhere even remotely close to happy.

The stallion tosses his head and, as he turns, takes note of a rather large lump sitting a way down the beach. He decides to explore and, Zarina in tow, sets off at a trot, enjoying the weather and the sun and the dolphins leaping through the waves. As he grows closer, he becomes aware of the fact that what he is approaching is a pair of pegasi. He hasn't had any real interaction in some time. Perhaps this will be fun. (He ignores the prospect of it turning out horribly, with him having somehow met and angered these two in his past life. It is going to be fun, he is sure of it.)

"Hello!" he trumpets, announcing his presence cheerfully. "Lovely day, isn't it?"

"more words."
Quilyan
counting on the night for a beautiful day;
subtlepatterns.com | kaydeniro & larfsalot @ deviantart
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
He watched the rolling waves of dark water silver eyes bright with curiosity. 'What were those things?!' They had been dark grey, smooth looking, with long pointed noses, and fins. He had never seen a fish without scales. In his mind the creatures hadn't bee fish, but then what were they? He stopped right as the water lapped hungrily at his fetlocks whispering his name. Then the sound of wings drew his attention away from the briny depths. A thick set black and what stallion landed a good ways away and came straight for him. Keeping his body relaxed Ilios turned to watch his approach a smile playing across his face.

Silver eyes quickly found the beautiful bird upon the stallion's withers. It's wings were made of fire, much like a few he had seen before; beautiful and dangerous all rolled into one. Jealousy gripped at his heart as the pair come closer. His smile turned true as the thick man stopped more than enough distance away and asked to join him. The fire chick chirped and he grinned at the creature. His deep southern drawl rolled smoothly from him, "Please do, company is always appreciated. I just saw some very odd creatures out there." His horned head titled towards the ocean before turning back with a smile to the pair.

A minute after he speaks another comes trotting down the beach. His smile reaches towards the taller stud as well, "Hello! Yes it is a beautiful day, isn't it?" He smiles brightly before remembering his manners, "My manners seem to be a little rusty," Pausing a chuckle rumbles from his throat. "I am Ilios, I hail from the Throat." He smiles not asking any questions. You could always tell a lot about a person by what they offer about themselves. Instead he turns to the new white and gold Pegasus words already falling from his lips, "I was just saying that I saw some weird grey creatures out there." He flicked his muzzle towards the ocean again, "Do either of you know what they were?" He smiled hopefully watching everyone curiosity burning through him. Speech
Words;; 355
OOC/Tags;; SO SO LATE! Sorry guys! @Darwin @Quilyan
Image Credit
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

It was an excellent game. Step one, find a nice patch of deserted beach without annoying adults to stop her. Check. There was a gathering of sorts over a ways but the stallions seemed quite focused upon one another and the sea to pay her any notice. This was a very decent thing to do, in Erthë's opinion. Step two, let the chill from her body leak out into the already frigid frostfall waters so that a decent chunk of ice developed. That was a bit more challenging, but the filly found that once she figured out how much cold the salty water needed to freeze it was easy enough to form a base, a platform so to speak to work with.

Now, step three was where things got really exciting. Grinning nervously the pale young filly tripped out as far as she dared onto her icy pier and carefully, gently she extended the freeze outward as she made to place a cloven hoof on the steely, graphite-colored water. But rather than plump down into the cold liquid she was able to stand quite steadily; the ice that formed under her feet was thinner, yes, and bobbed up and down with the rocking of the waves - but that was the trick. To keep her balance, maintain the footing and move as far out as she could on the icy path before she a), lost her balance, b), lost concentration or c), was disturbed by something, like a sudden gust of wind or ragged winter-coated old men shouting at her from back on the beach.

Being unable to run, jump and climb like other children her age, Erthë had been forced to come up with other ways to risk her life play. Magic certainly gave her an edge there, and she was not shy about abusing the gift for mindless fun. With her whole body quivering from a mixture of elation and fright Erthë glanced back towards the shore after some time and found that she had come quite far indeed; she was almost in level with the breakers and had to really focus to stay on her feet on the rough waters. Surely, to those still back on the beach it must look like she was walking on the water itself - her little path was pushed beneath the surface by her own weight, dissolving on its own once she moved onward and the frothing waves frequently broke the trail apart even before she had left it.

It was a dangerous game, probably a bit stupid too. Maybe that's why she did it. To dare herself, to prove that she too was strong, fit, capable... The difference was usually that Erthë only felt the need to impress herself, not others, and the potential for a crowd was slightly off-putting. She kept glancing at the gathering on the sand, half hoping, half dreading the call to order she expected to come - because if they told her to come back, wouldn't she be able to challenge herself even further and say no? Deny them, those big, bulky men, force them to worry and angst and care about her presence and absence...

Yeah, it wasn't very pretty, her reasoning. But then again, she never claimed to be sweet natured. Better by far to be interesting!

Erthë
and my knees are shaking - - and my dreams are breaking - - but i know i live today

bg || image || table

@Ilios
@Darwin
@Quilyan

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
He listened intently as the stallion said he could join him. He smiled with a nod. “Odd creatures, you say? What did they look like?” He questioned, craning his head to the ocean as the waves swirled across the sands. Antaa’s bright eyes stared with curiosity, wanting to know if she should go off and investigate. She had begun to be quite proud of her flying abilities – even if they weren’t exactly great yet.

Yet, before the exotic man could speak again, Antaa chirped to Darwin alerting him to trotting hooves approaching that he had seemingly ignored. His heavy bearded head turned to face the newcomer, trotting in with a cheery voice. Darwin offered the man a smile and nod. “It is.” He admitted, turning his river stone gaze back onto the exotic stallion waiting to see if perhaps they knew each other. He listened as the beast spoke of his name and where he came from. Ilios, quite an intriguing name for an intriguing stallion. Nodding his head, he shook his head as he questioned the other stallion and him if he knew what they could be. “I’m Darwin, and this is Antaa.” He spoke gently, tilting his head to the firey chick as she danced upon his withers. “I tend not to stray near the ocean too much, not sure what kind of things dwell out there.” He admitted with a gruff laugh.

Antaa began to caw to him, as he attention was distracted. Darwin shifted his head, looking out to the water once more and noticing now an ivory winged creature as it made its way over the water. “Is that what you saw? Looks like another Pegasus to me.” He half joked to Ilios before turning from the group to the edge of the water, squinting his eyes against the sun to try and see better. Perhaps it needed help? How was it walking on the water? His brow furrowed before he mentally told Antaa to step off of him, he lowered one wing to the sands beneath him and she hopped her way down with a bit of a protesting chirp. “I’m going to go found out what’s going on.” His voice took a more determined undertone.

He waited momentarily, letting his wings spread out to his sides, getting a bit of a running start before catching the wind. His ivory body rose with his will, flapping his great striped wings against the salty air. He aimed for the direction of the creature that seemed to walk on water, his eyes never leaving. As he approached, he noticed it wasn’t an “it” at all, but a “she”. He raised his eyebrow, hovering above the water as he lingered within earshot. “What are you doing out here?” He questioned. His tone wasn’t demanding, it was an honest question. Was she alone? What would happen to her if she failed and no one was around to see her? His brow furrowed in honesty and worry.

"Talk."
& they said you were the crooked kind—
that you'd never have no worth,
but you were always gold to me.
image credits

@Ilios @Quilyan @Erthe

I SUCK SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG Dx

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
The prince is not in any particular hurry to go anywhere or do anything, so as he slows to a stop beside the two stallions currently gathered on the sands, he cocks a hind leg to rest and allows a lopsided grin to fall into place on his maw. As introductions are exchanged, the golden-winged steed listens, then repeats: "Ilios. Darwin." He offers each stallion a respectful nod, pleased to find that neither of them seem to recognize him. If he has offered them insult in the past, they do not seem inclined to bring it up now, unlike some of the others he has come across now that he has entered (returned to?) Helovia. "My name is Quilyan; my companion is Zarina."

He does not care to offer more, for no matter how much he may yearn for a place to call home, he has come to the realization that he would just as soon avoid his past for as long as possible. The last time he had stumbled into its midst, he had barely escaped without a beating. --You probably deserved it,-- pointed out Zarina from her customary position on his poll. Her bonded shook his head slightly, as though chasing away a pesky fly; the marmoset simply grabbed a fistful of forelock, used to the stallion's antics.

The others were just discussing some kind of strange creature that the teal one (Ilios, remember) had seen in the sea when all of a sudden, Darwin's tone changed. Frowning, the prince turned to follow his gaze, squinting in confusion at what he saw. It appeared to be a small white creature walking on water. "I'll be damned," he commented idly. "You don't see that every day, do you?" Darwin took flight, followed quickly by the golden steed, who had no desire to be left behind.

As they grew closer, he and Zarina realized that the object of their attention was, in fact, a small white pegasus filly with dainty horns and a penchant for disaster. The marmoset grumbled something in his mind about idiot and asking to drown, all the while clutching at his mane anxiously. The creature had a soft spot for children, and despite her harsh words, her bonded knew that she spoke angrily out of worry. She had good reason, after all: one misstep would send the child plummeting into dark, icy waters, where she would likely be swept up by the current and drowned. The stallion began to circle, keeping a bit of a distance between his path and the filly, not wanting to cause her to lose her balance but wanting to be close enough to hear the exchange between she and Darwin.

"more words."
Quilyan
counting on the night for a beautiful day;
subtlepatterns.com | kaydeniro & larfsalot @ deviantart

@Ilios
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!