the Rift

I- Entrance

Calstron Posts: 43
World's Edge Protector
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8
Goatfairy

A creature slithers through the forest. He is made of blood and rot; of healthy flesh colored with death. He'd been born a bloody bay and had always lived up to the name. He was pretty; bulging muscles, thick locks, regal stride. But his hide held endless scars....both from battle and his prey. There was a great one that a chambermaid had given him whilst he'd strangled her in the dark one night. That had been a bad night.

He has searched long for this place: the residence of the bitch who killed his son. She'd eluded him for a long time but her luck had run out. No more would she play the innocent little fool. No more would she breathe. His plan would come to fruition. Its so dark, just like that night when he found the corpse, and his breath catches in his moist throat with every exhalation. Panic, dread, and ecstasy fills his dead soul all at once. Tears turn to ice on his lashes. He doesn't want to see her and yet he does. He wants to hold her golden body...as she dies. He wants to breathe in that lovely, false scent of love just once more before he leaves this life. He is broken, he knows, but he'll avenge the death of his foal one way or another. He was evil..no, he was good. Everything about him was good. Must remember.

The rotting beast smelled of roses and sex. He smells of winter bark and of places he'd long past, pillaged, and left desolate. He was a vagabond, a ghost, searching and living only for her..no, only for her death. Crimson feathered wings fluff up like a bird, he shakes himself, pulling himself together.

Focus. he thinks to himself. Really, he'd come a long way since that ni...He could hold it together for longer now. He acted much more like his father would have wanted. Yes, think of father. Remember, he continues internally, you are a god.

His mind regained, the beastly death shakes his head to rid himself of the confusion. Crimson eyes turn to rubies and a pleasant smile graces his armor. Where are all the pretty ladies and loyal knights of this land? His breath comes steamy hot in the early morning chill. Surely, they must be good citizens and rise early to greet those waiting at their gates?

Coding by Tamme, Customization by Goatfairy, Stock by Vic1230@flickr

Anyone is welcome but he will be going to the Edge in the end. Tags are totally optional for participation of course. Just thought I'd put them in there. He'll be very interested in a sneak rank.
@Tembovu
@Iona

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
DACIANNA
I am no bird; and no net ensnares me

Dacianna walked past the broken glass wall and away from her new home in search of exploration and a feeling of familiarity. So far, there were very few places she knew about in this place called Helovia she had been released into and she felt uneasy not knowing exactly where she was. Using the Edge as a general marker, she branched out north easterly, mapping the land as she passed it and familiarising herself with the general makeup of a place that was now her home. It was so different from her birth land, there were no wild green mountains that she could see, though it had just turned into Frostfall and the vibrancy of nature had died away in the new cold winds. She enters a thick, dark and dead woodland as morning begins to rise, the temperature was cool and turned her hair to icy white; apart from a few strands of gold that always remained their precious colour.

Her pace drops to a careful and wary walk, the forest almost seems to breath as winters wind whistles through the branches, knocking them together whilst others snapped underneath her feet. A shiver ran through her body, despite the rising light it was still rather spooky and Dacianna was heartily glad she hadn’t wondered in during the night. Forests were dark places even at the height of a sunny midday.

She takes a deep breath and shakes herself free of the morning dew, grunting to herself in annoyance “come on Dacianna, you’re not a yearling” she grumbled.

The forest is full of scents of the wilderness, travellers passing through whose smell she didn’t recognise and the unicorn was beginning to enjoy exploring the place until she came across a bloody stranger.

He was, well, at least he wasn’t quite as tall as all the other males she had met so far, but he was sturdily built. He had a face of white and a body the colour of crimson whilst hair as snowy as her own fell in long, thick strands. Against the monochrome of the forest he was quite a startling colour and Dacianna stopped abruptly near him, the jewel on her horn clinking against the hard surface and her golden eyes were wide with surprise. “Uhm, you okay?” she asked instinctively before coming back to the present a little more.

She checked there were no others with him first before returning her gaze back to him; her face was uncertain, but friendly nonetheless. “Sorry, I didn’t expect to run into someone so suddenly” she smiled, her eyes shifting to look at his feathered wings before moving back to his face.

Hope its okay that I post her here ^^ @Calstron
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
C
I
R
R
U
S
Frostfall was as good a reason as any to keep moving, to want to generate warmth. Though Cirrus now had a home, a place to rest, a family, it didn't stop her from wandering - the chilly halls of the Falls practically screamed at her to leave the land, and so, with the stars across her hide, she did just that. It wasn't the sort of leaving that was final, but the sort where she knew with a comforting thought that she would return to whenever her venture outside was done.

The wind filled her wings, the skies above cleared, as jubilation and sheer contentedness filled her and her magic - Cirrus glowed softly, the stars upon her hide twinkling even as they twinkled in the midnight canvas above. Then it seemed she was flying into the dawn, the rising Sun lipping at the horizon before her - her coat suddenly changed from midnight to indigo, to violet, and pink and orange, all of the colours and more, rimmed by her darkened muzzle and legs, stretched out on a canvas that was her toned, healthy body.

Cirrus was the dawn.

The Threshold held few surprises for her. She had passed through here and over the borders enough times to satisfy her wanderlust for her entire life - she had lost Sitka across those borders too, and so she did not desire to ever trek across them again.

He was like a wound, a blood-filled gash on the ground below - Cirrus saw him from afar and landed smoothly nearby, curious to know more of this striking stallion with impeccable posture and ivory locks. The little unicorn nearby received some observation time too, so adorned with curious things (that served no purpose but decoration in Cirrus' eyes) - she found herself approaching, and wuffling a soft note to announce it.

Dacianna would be the colour that Cirrus would had the magic she was born with not been working. Roaned, rimmed by dark points, Cirrus was nothing more than a blue roan creature painted to suit the colours of the sky above - Cirrus was the sky, in name and appearance.

"Hello," she said softly as she neared them, openly curious with her icy gaze as it traversed across the blood-hued stag and the blue mare in turn. "I'm Cirrus," she said, almost as if it were an afterthought. "Welcome to Helovia."
Image Credit

@Calstron
@Dacianna
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

World's Edge Protector
    Goatfairy

IT does not take long for the good citizens to arrive. Truly, such good little sheep they are. The first to stumble upon his thick form is a prime looking duchess. Death drinks her in softly from beneath his sun-bleached tresses. She's average height, seemingly average age, and simply stunningly curved. Lovely was her face and, in spite of the ugly antlers on her peak, he found her tastefully adorned. Certainly, he rather preferred to fluff of feathers to hard sticks but she'd do for now. The fallen angel smiles kindly at her when she stumbles over her initial words. Mare's were always the most endearing when unsettled and embarrassed. The brash and independent ones were the bad ones; those types of girls always left scars. A perfect brow raises slightly whilst he waits for her to get out her last words.

She's managed to rather amuse the beast with her distracted demeanor but he remains all charm and grace. Icy lashes only add to the sparkle in his gaze as he flashes her his most kingly grin.   "Ahh," rumbles the soulless creature,   "well I hope I haven't startled you too much, my dear. I've only just arrived here and thats no way to begin one's day." His voice is deep and creamy smooth as it leaves his throat. Though there's humor there it doesn't fully reach his eyes. He hoped she'd write that off as tiredness. This little, untroubled fem would never guess the depth of the darkness he forcibly held at bay to converse with her tasty form.

But then, there came another. Rubies trace her arrival in the manner of a wolf with its prey. Here are the feathers he requested. Further proof, thinks the stud, that he must be god's beloved. Well, whatever sort of omnipotent being existed. He was pretty sure he'd fucked a god once...but that turned out to be a devil, just another one of the infernals. Calstron felt increasingly certain that bastards were the only gods that existed. But this mare was painted with the very heavens. What else could come from an appearance like that but absolution? He nods benevolently to the queen's form,  "Good day to you as well, fair lady. Thank you both for your kind greetings. I, myself, go by Ron." It was such a laughable, weak name for a stallion of his stature. Unfortunately, it was necessary in order to avoid detection. He nearly expected them to laugh it off and demand a more noble title....how could they not after seeing his regal bearing?

Well then, down to business. He needed to find out where the gold witch herself resided. The bloody stallion was certain she'd not have sought out anything but...well...similar company. This unicorn, though vastly inferior to the lovely bird next to him, would likely prove more useful. Still, he was not one to deny any source of possible information offered up to him.    
    "Forgive me my curiosity, but do you both live within the same borders, or are there many different territories in this land?"
    His deep voice vibrated in earnest, hoping to secure they're confidence...and their intelligence in the process. The beast had arrived and he was feeling fairly hungry.

OOC: Sorry for the delay! And yes, of course Imi! <3 Everyone is welcome in Cal threads. Its perfect actually, since I want him to go to the Edge.haha.
    @Dacianna
    @Cirrus

imi
    DACIANNA

It wasn’t necessarily that she was against the idea of a ‘pegasus’, but it was one of those new things that made her look a little more than she ought and her mind drifted to things like “what was it like to fly” and “did they fall over often?” Noble and grand, that’s what he looked like; at least he wasn’t an eye sore anyway.  Even his words were deep and inviting, he maintained the smile upon Dacianna’s face even though she masked her urge to wrinkle her nose in distaste at my dear; she certainly wasn't his dear or anybodies dear for that matter. She maintained her general friendliness, disregarding her own sharp-tongued tendencies to favour a more genteel appearance in the face of a stranger “no bother” she shrugged in her rough edged accent. “It’s nice to see a new face” she proffered him a roundabout welcome and it almost felt too weird on her tongue to greet someone into Helovia when the place was still quite new to her too.

However, when another girl arrived her expression changed from one of gentle kindness to one of sudden amazement. It looked as if she had trapped the entirety of the sky in her fur and it reflected it perfectly leaving Dacianna to just stare at it in wonder until finally she remembered that staring for too long was rather rude. She forced her eyes to meet the older girls gaze as she introduced herself as Cirrus and offered her own welcome. She wondered if the girls coat was like her mane that changed with the coming of winter, except, the girls was constantly changing. Once again it left Daci baffled over these Helovians and their various different attributes. She watched the charmer she has just greeted nod his head to the winged mare and he too introduced himself by the rather plain name of Ron, leaving the only unicorn of the small gathering nameless.

“Dacianna” she rectified “your coat is beautiful” a smile followed as she offered the compliment to Cirrus before turning back to regard the well-spoken Ron.

Frowning briefly at his question she gave Cirrus an uncertain glance, she hadn’t been in Helovia all that long after all and Dacianna had no idea who everyone was in the herd. “I am quite new myself, but there are other places to my limited knowledge” she replied to the bloodied stud, feeling everything but helpful, hoping Cirrus might be a little more enlightening. “I’m a Philosopher from the Worlds Edge, a place that belongs to Helovia’s Moon Goddess and lies to the west of where you are now” she paused, a little uncertain on how to proceed, but she remembered the open arms that Alysanne had offered her and decided that it was only right that she too offered the same kindness now.

“I can show you if you like” she proposed.

@Cirrus

Cirrus Posts: 233
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
    Whit
    C
    I
    R
    R
    U
    S
    The cloudmare had just about forgotten the dance, the routine, of the Threshold. Newcomers came, oldcomers came, and the newcomers became oldcomers and so the cycle went, on and on. Unless one was born into Helovia and fell onto the soil straight from their mother's womb, most came into the lands through this very place - this sparsely forested, heavily travelled gateway into (or out of?) the world beyond. As the cloudmare heard the words spoken by the peculiar stallion, she nodded almost absently, already signing off from the entire 'recruitment' process and entering into a sort of 'autopilot' mode.

The mare's words brought her attention back to the present, for they were disruption to the usual way these scenarios travelled. Normally all focus was kept upon the newcomer, as various representatives from herds vied for their interest and loyalty. Cirrus was never good at it - she was too much like the wind that she crafted, as likely to stay put as she was to simply flutter away whilst forgetting to say who she was, and where she came from. Frankly, she was hardly ever interested in other beings so as to want to inspire their loyalty and interest in her home.

"Thanks…?" she replied quietly to the mare's comments, her tone betraying the uncertainty she held about her own reaction. Such things were never said to her so openly, so directly, though she was used to receiving stares and curious glances.

This Ron was interesting enough, but as always, Cirrus' attention span lapsed swiftly, drifting from his blood-red pelt to the dark mare's like a leaf caught in a crosswind. Cirrus heard mention of the Moon Goddess and could not suppress the shiver - the crimes of that dark lady were not soon forgotten by the realm, but she did not blame this mare for living there - how could she? The Edge was a land just as the Falls were, they were a safe haven, protected and guarded by their sovereign immortal - at least, that's what one told oneself to help sleep come at night.

"There are four herds within the realm of Helovia," she said softly, when she supposed that it was her time to talk. "I live in the Hidden Falls, a land carved from the mountainside by the Earth God himself."
    Image Credit

@Calstron
    @Dacianna
    Sorry for the wait guys!
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

World's Edge Protector
    Goatfairy

HE finds the mares as sweet as they are pretty. But weren't they always? Well, at least until they stabbed you in the back that is...Things were only as they were because too many studs had settled to raise their fillies as colts. He could fairly snort at the idea. The only thing which came of such ignorant ideals were impudent, irreverent, and independent little bitches who'd forgot their places were in the meadows with swollen teats. So, of course, he couldn't be certain about these little sirens. But they seemed to be the good sort for now at least.

Ok, if he were being honest the gorgeous winged one was a little bit distracted. But he wanted to have a good day today so he'd give her the benefit of the doubt. Before the lovely Cirrus had arrived C...Ron(eww, what a horridly basic name) had bowed his head to the unicorn, a thank you for her acceptance of his apology. There were the typical mare compliments passed around, which he paid little attention to, until they both graced him with answers to his questions.

Dacianna was somewhat ignorant but she seemed forthcoming with what she knew. Cirrus was, well, reserved? He'd much prefer to have a safe base with fellow Pegasi but if she wasn't going to make it easy for him to extract information then he'd have no choice but to go with the stabby thing. Besides, ignorant and new was sometimes better anyways. One could find out all manners of juicy tidbits from those who didn't know better quite yet. He sighed, internally, before responding to the slight Dacianna. He didn't have the excessive charm rolling this time but he was still all manners and grace. The bloody stud must still do justice to his heritage, after all.

"That is a gracious offer, Dacianna, I would be happy to accept." He bobbed his head graciously to her short frame before turning to the heavenly mare. He wanted to leave her with something to, perhaps, grab her glorious attention. But what could he say that wouldn't offend? Probably nothing, he was a demon of destruction, after all. Well, fuck it then. If it got him between her thighs later he'd be happier for the risk. His voice rolled deeply out from his chest as he offered Cirrus a farewell of sorts, "It was a pleasure to meet your acquaintence, Cirrus. You are entirely enchanting and I greatly hope we shall meet again sometime." If only to have some fun in her curves. But she didn't know that. She couldn't, for he'd been nothing but polite and unassuming; a gallant idiot knight like so many others.

@Cirrus
    @Dacianna

imi
    DACIANNA

“Hidden… Falls?” Dacianna let the name fall from her tongue whilst her mind wondered to places with beautiful cascades of water crashing over a mountaintop. There had been waterfalls in her previous home before the rift, but Dacianna rarely got to see them let alone live in such an alluring sounding place. She wondered if the quiet appearing Cirrus would be willing to show the roan her home or whether visiting other herds was something out of the question. Dacianna had yet to learn the customs and ways of these Helovians, but her desire to see and learn more pushed her to ask, “could I visit one day?” to the girl who reflected the sky. It was by the generosity of the Earth God that she was even here after all, it seemed almost rude to not go and at least see the domain of her saviour. Whilst Dacianna was not timid to ask, she still worried that she might have over stepped the mark and began to shuffle dubiously. “I mean, if that would be okay” she fumbled a little and feeling every bit the foreigner she was.

In the midst of this she had somehow managed to win over the bloodied stallion who dipped his head so cordially, accepting her offer and bidding the other, Cirrus, farewell. It had all gone rather quickly and Dacianna suddenly realised she now had to lead this guy back to the Edge. She looked rather forlornly at Cirrus, wishing she could stay a little longer to find out more about the Hidden Falls, but her expression soon changed to a friendly beam “nice to meet you Cirrus, see you around” her voice endeared.

Finally, with a flick of her head, she ushered for Ron to follow and began the trek back to the Worlds Edge.

@Cirrus sorry for the wait on my end!