the Rift

[OPEN] I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones [PATROL]

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
SOREN
Run away with me, Lost souls and reverie, Running wild and running free, Two kids, you and me

Nerves where currently buzzing in my body, as I made my way out to the heavenly fields. I had to patrol here, which was great! Fine and dandy, it's a lovely place. If you'd ever been there, you would know that it was gorgeous. You could fall in love with the landscape in a heart beat. The walk there is wonderful as well. Long, and high, yes. But it was worth it in the end.

No, my nerves had nothing to do with my assigned patrol area. It had more to do with my partner this time round. The last time I had Aaron, and Murtagh had joined up quickly after. It was a good time. This time I had Archibald. Archi-fucking-bald. Aka, Guy who nearly pummeled me into the ground at the World's Edge a couple years back. Pretty much barely got away, and only got away alive because bitchy sister Ktulu came in clutch.

Taking a deep breath I try to calm myself. I was positive the giant could smell fear. I just hoped to god he didn't recognize me. It was foggy that night, wasn't it? Something in my gut told me that I wouldn't escape Archibald's memory, and I prayed that I wasn't going to die today.

Shaking my grey head I tried to focus on the view, and the slowly thinning air. For awhile the view worked. The cold air blew at my coat, and eventually the mist on the clouds froze to my fur, giving me an odd frosty look. Hilariously enough it fit my magic. Drawing forth the power inside, I let a blue flame flicker forward, and watched as a shrub slowly became solid ice. Once it was done, I let the cold flame die, and I moved onward. It wasn't long until I reached the top, and found myself looking at the heavenly fields. My blue eyes searched for the monstrous beast that was my leader. He was either here, or behind me. And I wasn't sure what was worth. Slowly I take a shaky breath, drawing the cold air in deeply, before blowing it out in a puff of grey mist. The effect made me feel a bit like a dragon, and it gave me a boost of confidence. I needed it.

And I say, Hey, hey hey hey, Living like we're renegades

@Archibald @Freyja
Feel free to take your time! :D Hehe. Time. xD Sorry, I'm dumb. Also, Val when you get the chance you can throw Freyja in here ^^

Freyja Posts: 15
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Nine years
Valentine
these lofty thoughts are killing me
preoccupied with what i could be</style>

Leaving the Edge had been a terrible idea, Freyja decided. The temperatures dropped progressively with each day that passed - late winters were always the worst, she thought - and the bay mare found herself getting more miserable as the degrees dropped further and further. Why she had ever thought it to be a good idea to go out and about today, she wasn't entirely sure. But as she wandered up the twisting, winding path, she berated herself for doing so.

She kept her head ducked, muzzle pressed against her chest, as if trying to draw herself inwards to conserve warmth. The air was particularly frigid today, and she wondered why she ever thought it was a decent idea to trek through the ice and the snow looking for entertainment. She found herself shivering almost constantly, her delicate frame quivering as she navigated her way through the thick fog that blanketed the ground, obscuring her vision. She couldn't see more than a few feet in front of her, which made for quite the surprise when she looked up to see a large grey stud standing in her path.

Not expecting to have someone before her so suddenly, she stopped short, taking several steps back and gasping, clearly startled by his presence. "Oh! I'm sorry!" She quickly apologized. "I didn't mean to run into you. Please, forgive me." She ducked her head, trying to keep the quaking of her body under control as she stood before this stranger, whom she likened to an apparition, the grey stallion shrouded in mist. A chill ran down her spine, and she cursed to herself mentally, feeling more miserable now that she had stopped moving. It was just so damn cold, and Freyja had never been very tolerant of subzero temperatures. She shivered again, her entire body trembling visibly as the chill bit into her, freezing her to the core. She just wanted to be somewhere warm - was that so much to ask for?

Perhaps... "Say, do you know anywhere warm around here? Above freezing, preferably." Soliciting directions from strangers might not have been the best things to do, but at this point, she was frankly sick of the snow and the bone-chilling cold. If she could just escape these bitter temperatures, even for a little while, she would be extraordinarily happy.

((ooc: please excuse this sorry ass post, I was in a rush ;w; ))

@Soren
@Archibald