the Rift

[PRIVATE] Break My Chains and Open My Cage

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It felt like... ages since he had been here. Stood by this sea. Last time... he was with Thor, there were many others and an egg. It made him remember brief happiness, so he greedily sucked in the salty air, the wind nearly knocking his bony frame over with it's force.

No longer a gangly colt, Cetan stood a malnourished stallion, his twin horns brittle and cracked, mane patched and his coat lacking the luster of a healthy horse. Oh no, no he was far from healthy. Too many scars littered his dark hide, he couldn't even see out of his left eye anymore. Life had taken his cowardice, his fear of happiness, and punished him for it.

He didn't bother fighting it anymore. The blows thrown at him from fate and hoof fell on numbed flesh, his mind far gone, clutching at memories that had made heat bloom in his chest and hope unfurl in his heart, hope and warmth that had long been replaced by ice and hollowness. He didn't even hope for someone to come and take him gently beneath their wing again. He didn't deserve it, he knew this now.

What did a coward ever deserve but misery?

Cetan watched the lapping waves far below, his skin twitching and shivering with the cold wind that bit through his barren winter coat, blue eyes unfocusedly watching the water.

It was strange, actually.

He could almost hear every sound, every shifting grain of sand, every gull in the distance. He could feel the bitter cold hand of the wind against him, feel it toss and run through his sparse mane. Smell the salt on the air and the scent of his own flesh. The world was crystal, beautiful, fleeting even.

So when he heard the hoofsteps behind him, he did not turn. He had resigned himself long ago to whatever fate laid before him.

It had been beaten into him that resistance was useless.

It had been beaten into his flesh that happiness could not exist for him.

He was sick of being so broken, he was so weary now.

He was so tired.

@Time @Glacia
Cetan
Word Count: 000 Tags: 000
Credits
| SnowPhotography@deviantart | faestock@deviantart | tursiart@deviantart | Linds |

Please tag Cetan in all posts
Permission is given for any force against Cetan provided it does not kill him

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time

So worship me and never stop
The wretched blood runs through my veins

</style>

We're hungry.

Yes, I know.

The dialogue went on like that for quite some time between his mind and the mind of his dragons. He had commanded them to stay with him, gliding above his monstrous head. They could not leave to hunt, though their bellies called with hunger and the harsh fingers of pangs began to claw inside of them. The stallion had it in his mind, however, that when his dragos would fill themselves this time it would be a feast. They would devour another horse. It had been too long since they had filled their bellies to the brim with the muscles and meat of an equine, unicorn or pegasus. Abraham was tired of his queens eating the morsels of the world like every other creature. Queens deserved to feast.

Mismatched eyes fell on a lonely figure, standing stark still even in the crashing winds of the beach. He was trained in the ways of living an outcast's life, and he could see that the lifestyle had not been so kind to the stallion on the beach; that, or, the stallion was just an idiot for not feeding himself or defending what he wanted from other outcasts. The behemoth nearly took pity on him, and as his twin dragons circled above him, snarling their displeasure and hunger, the leviathan decided he would relieve this stallion's misery. Go, my glorious draconian warrioresses. Devour..

At the command, the dragons took off like rockets. The gold, much larger and now coming into the breadth of her first year, took the lead. The white, though older, was willing to follow the cunning mind of her sister. After all, it was the white who had taught the gold strategy. These twin huntresses trusted each other beyond all measure, the white looking to gold and the gold damn-near seeing a silver at her side. Frost fell from the golden's jaws and fire followed from the white's as they attempted to circle around the stallion and devour him in their opposite elements.

The leviathan stayed some yards away, tail flicking against his hocks even as the strong wings played with the tassels of hair.

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme