the Rift

[OPEN] walk my days on a wire (joining)

Freyja Posts: 15
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Nine years
Valentine
the chambers resonate, the echoes dissipate
the slow beat of my love has finally stopped</style>

It was approaching dusk when Freyja made it to the Edge. The trees towered above her like giants, large and imposing, the setting sun throwing rays of light through their branches, the forest around her glowing warmly. In the distance, there was a low, steady rumble, and the smell of salt was stronger with each step she took. She wasn't quite sure where she was going; she was letting her instincts guide her, and though her mind was full of worries, she tried to quell her fears by thinking of Myrrine, the young winged mare she had quickly become fond of.

Being with her had put Freyja's troubled mind at ease. The girl's wide-eyed innocence brought back buried memories of her lost daughter, the one that had walked away from her all those years ago without a second thought, her brother in tow behind her. Freyja had been helpless to watch them go; she knew she would have nothing left in her life without them, nothing worth holding onto, nothing to keep her going from day to miserable day, but she couldn't bring herself to stop them. Who was she to deny her children their freedom, the chance at a life of their own, a life of love and fulfillment and adventure and pain. She only wished Bjorn and Schuyler have a better go of it than she ever did.

She always kept the hope that she would see them again, but years had passed and no trace of them was ever found. Sometimes, Freyja's heart ached at night, her bones and skin and sinews seeming to cry out for her lost children, wanting nothing more than to be close to them again. I should have been better to them, she would think, and maybe they would have stayed. In the back of her sorrow-ridden mind, she knew it wasn't her fault - not really. She could have been a better mother to them, but the choice to leave had been only their own, and nothing she could have said would have stopped them - especially her stubborn as a mule daughter.

Schuyler would have liked it here, she thought. She had always loved the forests. Freyja's lips twitched, unsure if she wanted to smile or cry. Perhaps both would do her some good, but she would tuck that away for another time. Now was not the appropriate setting to be losing herself to her emotions. She was - hopefully - where she belonged. She needed not one thing more. A place to call home was all she had yearned for as she had wandered from place to place all these years, and now it was something she had: a physical, tangible thing. Her heart sang with joy.

She broke the tree line and the sharp smell of saltwater assaulted her nostrils, the sun on the horizon blinding her as she broke from the shadows. Where the ocean had been a simple, distant murmur before, it now roared before her, waves crashing against the cliffs below. It seemed impossible, but in all her years traveling, she had not seen the ocean. It was a truly amazing thing, full of power. It bent to the will of no man, and Freyja swallowed her uneasiness at the thought of what might lurk in those shadowy depths. She cautiously approached the edge of the cliffs, peering over the edge. Her stomach churned, and she quickly backed up, a feeling of vertigo overtaking her. Perhaps, for now, it was best to stay away.

((ooc: wow sorry for the crap starter please forgive me))

just like my heart

@Tembovu
@Myrrine

(Tagging you both cause idk who wants in on this xD)

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

They had left the Threshold after saying a simply farewell to Archibald, Myrrine taking the lead as she cheerfully lead the mare back to their home. Her tail swished behind her and her wings fluttered upon her spotted frame effortlessly. As she was walking, she brought herself beside the taller mare smiling, beginning to explain to her how the herd worked. She talked about the King Tembovu and Queen Elsa, and also talked about the ranks and who was in the Edge itself. When they arrived at the wall she was smooth in her pacing, jumping over the broken glass effortlessly before making sure Frejya also cleared the obstacle. She was full of sunshine and rainbows the entire trip, and before she knew it they were at the edge itself. Embracing the breeze she smiled, letting it whip into her milky mane and give her a little bit of a chill down her spine. This was what she loved about her home, the gentle breeze and the intermingling scent of pine and sea salt, all overwhelming her and giving her a sense of peace. She closed her eyes to embrace the moment, before finally turning to the pretty bay mare.

" Isn't the view just beautiful Miss Frejya?" she sighed softly as she admired the view. As she was speaking the sun was falling down the horizon, painting the sky vivid pinks and reds, a smudge of purple near the bottom completing the picture perfectly. This moment right here was one that made Myrrine feel that being here was the best decision she had made in her life. After a little longer silence, she looked back from the view to Frejya pleasantly, eyes shining brightly with excitement," Are you ready to meet our rulers? They're very lovely." Pausing lightly and taking a deep breath, she turned around and let out a soft, confident whinny, one that would hopefully bring her a King or a Queen.

OOC: Yours is lovely! Mine; not so much xD

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Tembovu @Elsa
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

She was due to start becoming a part of the welcoming through. With the masses of new scents, the rest of her herd had to be making up for her slack. There was a tinge of guilt that rolled within her stomach, but she had been busy with important things right? Getting her sight back would be a benefit for the rest of them because then she could do her job better. Especially when it came to protecting the Edge, which she practically breathed for. If she couldn’t provide them protection, what was the use of her job?

So when she heard a whinny, it was an obvious summoning of either her or Tembovu. Goddess be damned if she let him beat her to it this time. So she picked up a quick pace and headed toward the epicenter of the sound.

Elsa was greeted by one familiar, and one unfamiliar figure. The spotted butterfly maiden had just returned recently, and Mauja seemed to know her pretty well. The other mare was unfamiliar. It seemed that Mauja’s new recruit, Myrrine was proving to be one hell of a herd member.

Dipping her head, she approached them and offered a small smile to them both. ”Welcome to the Edge.” Her attention turned to Freyja, hoping to give some sort of decent welcoming. ”My name is Elsa, queen here. It’s a pleasure to meet you. And who might you be?” Names were always good. Plus it added more conversation. In these sort of situations she was never sure what to do. It always felt so scripted and so rehearsed, and it even made Elsa herself.

"talk"
@Freyja  sorry its so horrible >.< itll get better I promise.
image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Outcast
Valentine
these lofty thoughts are killing me
preoccupied with what i could be</style>

Freyja was not really expecting company - at least not for awhile. So when a familiar figure emerged from the tree line, she found herself surprised, but quite pleased at the same time. It was a pleasure to see the butterfly winged girl again - she wasn't sure how long it would be until she saw Myrrine again, so to bump into her was quite nice.

"Myrrine!" Freyja smiled brightly,  approaching the girl. "Yes, it is beautiful. I have never seen the ocean before. It is truly breathtaking. I find myself eager to spend my days here." She paused. "If your leaders will have me. I am actually rather nervous to meet them." She wondered if she would have a warm welcome - she wanted to make a good first impression. Don't mess this up, she told herself continually. Perhaps having Myrrine here would help quell some of her fears.

"I was a queen once, myself." She said suddenly, unsure of why she was telling Myrrine this. It wasn't pertinent information, after all. In fact, it was rather private. In all her years since leaving the Islands, she had not told anyone of her past. Why was she suddenly telling the butterfly winged girl now? Why was it important, all of a sudden? It wasn't, really, but... she found the words tumbling from her mouth before she could stop them. "It's not important. It was a long time ago, and those days are behind me now." She sighed, turning away. If Myrrine asked questions, she would gladly answer, but if silence followed, she would be grateful. It wasn't right to talk about her past, not when she was about to start a new life here in Helovia.

Suddenly, there was someone else approaching - Freyja turned her head, her blue eyes landing on a beautiful white winged mare. Did everyone here have wings? she wondered, and again she found herself staring - not intentionally, of course. "Hello, Elsa." she greeted, dipping her head in the queen's direction - a sign of respect. "It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Freyja. Myrrine here invited me to join your herd, and I was hoping to take her up on that offer." She explained. What would she do if she were turned away? Part of her said that wouldn't happen - Elsa seemed kind enough, and from what she knew, herds were always growing and expanding. Who in their right minds would turn down a prospective member? It would simply be crazy.

"I can be very useful. I'm not much of a fighter, but I'm sure I could help in other ways." If she could prove her worth, she could secure a position amongst the others, and hopefully make this a place to call home for years to come.

((ooc: I have had a bit to drink so excuse me if this post is all over the place >.>))

@Myrrine
@Elsa
Please tag me in all posts!

Watermel0nBob

She seemed much more excited to see her than the girl would have expected, but nonetheless she smiled, attempting to bump noses with the elder lady in a friendly greeting. She could sense the nervousness radiating off of her, causing her to smile sweetly and reassuringly to the beautiful woman. She kept close to her side, not quite touching her but offering her comfort should Frejya seek it. She understood what it was like being the new girl, how it felt to be put in the lime light and suddenly feel as if you're being put on trial. Yet this was not the case as she had soon found out, and when the lady admitted her nervousness she couldn't help but giggle, shaking her head and speaking smoothly in response," Please don't worry Miss Frejya! Elsa and Tembovu are very wonderful people. They'll be happy to welcome you into our ranks."

Hazel eyes gleaming she almost pranced in place, so excited to show off her new friend and future herd member off to the King and Queen. She knew how much they needed more members, especially after the clean up of the invasion, and she wanted to prove to the new royalty that she could be of great use to them. She held such love and pride for her home that she couldn't help but yearn to fill it up with as many people as possible. Her companion's words hit her ears delicately, causing spotted crown to look at her in fascination. She beamed as she did so, speaking up again once more in that cheery lilt of hers," Wow! That must have been an honorable task. Though I'm sure it brought many challenges." She paused, looking up into the blue sky thoughtfully, swishing her tail as she did.

" I think I would like to be Queen one day," she mused more to herself than to her company, eyes filled with thought as inky lips pursed slightly. She wasn't sure entirely what it would be like to be Queen, if it would be hard or scary, or even if she could accomplish the task; all she knew is that it was something nice to think about; whether or not it would become a reality. Before she could delve more into that thought, or more into Frejya's past even, another familiar figure approached. Without thinking she dipped her head politely, not exactly bowing but holding more respect than a simple dip of the head would. At the Queen's introduction she smiled, looking to Frejya as if to say 'see? They're really nice!', before letting the two speak to each other happily. When she felt there was a decent silence between them she spoke up, cheerful in every syllable," Frejya will be a great member to our herd your Highness!"

OOC:

MYRRINE

meh. @Elsa @Frejya

Outcast
Valentine
these lofty thoughts are killing me
preoccupied with what i could be</style>

Freyja thought back to her days as queen; she had enjoyed her time as her herd's leader, but it had been a stressful, sometimes menial job. There was so much to do, to keep everyone content, making sure all their needs were met. She had been so young, in hindsight, she should never have taken on the responsibility of dozens of others. Of letting their lives all but rest on her shoulders. It was such a burden for a young, fresh-faced girl who'd barely had any idea how the real world worked. It had been a wake-up call, a realization that she no longer could think of just herself, of her wants and needs. It taught her - or rather, forced her - to become selfless, more giving, more generous, more empathetic. She was grateful for her time in a position of power, but if given the chance, she would not go back and do it again.

"Very much so," She replied, "It had its perks, of course, but it was also very stressful. Having so many others count on you is a great responsibility, and I was actually quite glad when the herd disbanded and we went our separate ways." It wouldn't have been something she'd admit to just anyone; she wouldn't even have told Dogun, if he'd asked. She wouldn't have said that to her own children, or to the others that had relied on her for all those years. It wouldn't have been right, to tell them their queen had such burdens, such little faith in them. But Myrrine - there was something about her that made Freyja feel comfortable. Perhaps it was the similarities to her daughter - or something else entirely - but the bay felt as if she could tell her things she had not told anyone else in a long while. It was refreshing.

Freyja was actually rather surprised by Myrrine's statement. Exactly why, she wasn't sure - perhaps she had just never thought of it before, of the possibility of this girl rising to become a great leader. It hadn't crossed her mind, but then again, it wasn't like she spent all her time thinking of these things. "I think you would make a fine queen." It was a statement she truly believed. "You certainly have all the right qualities. You would do a wonderful job." Freyja thought it important to urge the young to follow their dreams; not doing so would only result in lazy, unmotivated children. That simply would not do.

"I hope I can prove my worth to you. I'm unsure of how things work around here, but perhaps I could take a look around and see where I fit in?"

@Myrrine
@Elsa
OOC: I was told to continue posting and Klare would jump in later if she could, I figured I'd tag them anyways just in case :)

Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

Her rank brought upon a conversational topic, it wasn't unusual but it made Elsa squirm with discomfort. The word- the title- it just all felt so plastic sometimes. Queen wasn't a title, and surely did not mean much. All it meant is that she kept the peace, which sometimes got in the way. Often she would think back to her days as a Mason. Those days were simple, sweet. And it had this magical thing called free time. That went out the window the moment she stepped into the Edge. Since the invasion its been an uphill climb, and she was becoming exhausted.

But she wouldn't ruin a child's dream. And Frejya seemed to sum it up perfectly. By the way it sounded, she had been in charge once before. Elsa smiled ruefully, looking down to the younger mare with a smile. "Maybe one day you will! You just have to prove your strength and independence. Be a friend but also an enemy. If you can learn to balance the good and the bad, there is hope for you to one day reign. Heck, even now that's hard to come by. I myself am still working at it and have not yet succeeded." Elsa shrugged, hoping the topic would slowly dissipate. There were unwelcome surprises, and friendships and love were a fine line. It was hard to tell the difference between a truthful confession and a selfish confession. Many were fine with lying to get what they one. Sadly, most of the time it worked. Especially with Elsa. She wanted to believe everything was fine and dandy with her cohorts, yet the one person she hoped that wouldn't leave did. It left a harsh mark on her heart. That was a lesson learned the hard way.

Luckily things continued as expected, Frejya hoped she could prove her worth, and Elsa nodded slowly. "Frejya, don't worry about proving your worth. You're alive- that's a lot to be proud of. In the Edge, you do you, we don't do you- literally or figuratively." Her face turned red as she realized what she had just said and chuckled nervously to herself. "Anyways, you get the picture. Myself and Tembovu, the king, will be happy to have you around. If you want a specific purpose though, we have many different branches that help run the herd if you find yourself in search of a specific talent." She added slowly, finally becoming silent. She had already done more talking than she expected- which was a good sign.

"talk"

image credits

Watermel0nBob

Their words were so encouraging, causing her to smile brightly at them both. Perhaps she could try and be a Queen after all one day. She certainly hoped it wouldn't be anytime soon though, because she liked Elsa, and she would never want to push her away from her duties. She listened them continue to speak and nodded accordingly, happy to see that her newfound friend had finally made a place here. Though some things she didn't quite understand coming out of Elsa's mouth. "We don't do you?" What exactly did that mean? She blinked, wanting to think on it, but suddenly she was brought with the task of looking to Frejya and responding cheerfully," Well, what do you like to do? Surely there's something that piques your interest! Any help is appreciated!" She continued to smile widely, looking to them both. She was very pleased that she could add to the number of the herd, and make sure that they settled in well. She felt she had done quite a good job. That being said, there was probably many more horses searching for a home, and the girl certainly couldn't leave them waiting. Sure, there was most likely other herds there trying to bring them home, but she wanted to help in any way she could.

With that said she turned to Frejya, offering her muzzle in a gentle touch of farewell, before speaking softly to them both," I'm so glad you're settling in well Miss Frejya! If you both will excuse me, I'm going to go find some others to recruit and see if anything else needs to be done around here. It was lovely seeing you again Queen Elsa!" She dipped her head once more, looking to Frejya once more with a pleasant smile, before turning and heading deeper into the herdlands to get something done.

OOC: I'm so flippin sorry for bailing but the muse is not there DX

MYRRINE

@Frejya

Outcast
Valentine
What do you like to do? It was a question Freyja didn't have the answer to. She heaved a sigh, shaking her head and shrugging. "I really don't know. I just want to feel like I belong here." So far, in Helovia, she'd felt odd and out of place, a true stranger amongst these people, an observer, on the outside looking in, watching everyone go about their lives with all these oddities around them, not blinking an eye. Then again, many of them had probably grown up here, or at least places similar, and Freyja - well, she had never seen anything like this before.

Part of her just wanted to run away from it all. This was not the place for her, she tried to tell herself, this was not the life she was meant to live, not where she belonged. But something kept her here, and she didn't know what. Perhaps she was simply tired of running, from her past, from the ghost of her former self, from everything. Perhaps she was enchanted with a sense of wonder, this new reality she was facing was so different from anything she'd ever known. Really, she thought, she just wanted her days of wandering to be over. But the creeping sense of doubt was beginning to consume her. Was Helovia really where she wanted to settle down?

Shaking her head, Freyja murmured a goodbye to Myrrine, sad to see her go, but she was sure the girl was busy and had better things to do than stand around speaking to her. Turning her attention back to Elsa, she gave a half-smile, nodding her head. "Thank you. I would like to seek a place here, I'm just not familiar with your ranks quite yet. I don't want to feel useless, really, for my own sake. A purpose would be nice." She paused, eyes narrowing slightly as she thought of the possibilities. "I think I would like to help others somehow. Like I said, I'm not much of a fighter, but if there's any way I could aid my fellow herd members, then I would be happy to take that up." If she could be of some support, she would feel better - at least a little bit.

Suddenly, without warning, a question came bursting forth from her mouth: "I've been wondering... would it be possible for someone like me, born without wings like yours, to acquire them?" The question sounded worse coming from her mouth, and the bay mare cringed slightly. "I mean, I don't want to be rude, but... well, they're very fascinating, and as a filly I always dreamed of being able to fly." She was sure she was not alone in that, and a small part of her envied Myrrine and now Elsa for what they had that she did not.
/ image

@Elsa

Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

Luckily her innuendo went completely over their heads. She laughed inwardly, god so many of those in the Edge were so innocent. Elsa just hoped that it could stay that way- Helovia had a way of adulterating lives, and in the Edge there was a little group that seemed perpetually in innocent bliss. Oh what she would pay to be back in that spot. She was growing older, and she hadn’t experienced such a thing since she was a young child. It made her heart hitch a bit, but her façade remained cool as Myrrine and Freyja talked back and forth.

After Myrrine had finished she took her leave, and Elsa gave her a small nod of approval. As her form was retreating she smiled. These two genuinely seemed nice, and not after her for one thing or another. So now Freyja had her full attention, and Elsa listened to her concerns. ”Ah helping others. There are three groups known for their peace. The healers, crafters and philosophers are such jobs. If you’d like, take your time and visit them individually. You’ll quickly meet others like you, and you should feel at home in no time. Then after that can come your occupation. Just make sure you’re comfortable first.” Elsa shrugged, hoping her roundabout explanation made some sort of sense.

But then the topic did a three sixty as Freyja inquired about wings. Pausing for a moment, her face scrunched in thought. She’d never heard of such a thing, but the Gods here had a funny way of going about things. ”The Gods here are known to bestow gifts. Maybe one day you should go to the shrines and see if they could help. I’ve never heard of such a thing happening, but stranger things have happened.” She said softly, self-consciously tucking her wings closer to her side. ”Some people here possess powers, and maybe if you can’t get wings, you’d be able to get some sort of levitation magic.” She laughed lightly at the thought of horses hovering all over the place. It’d be quite amusing to say the least. Elsa fell silent to await Frejya’s reaction.

"talk"
@Freyja

image credits