the Rift

[OPEN] Paint a picture, of the perfect place.

Rune Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Slowly my figure draws itself from the crashing sea, wet hair matted and dripping. I resembled that of a drowned rat, but I was perfectly alive and well, if only a bit cold and tired. But I didn't outwardly express such things. The quiet calm of my face turned from side to side, black hair draped in tangles around my face. 

The mare one see's before them is elegantly put together, Andalusian and warmblood in her lines giving her body a roundness even when she is lacking food in her stomach. Curves are lined all around, and an arching neck is held proud. Her face is delicate and straight, distinctly feminine, but refuses to show the emotions underneath. A constant barricade that she refuses to let down. Paranoia is something that runs deep, and she doesn't trust easy. Her markings are strange and foreign, glowing in a turquoise around her eyes. Dark blue and gold beads dangle from the mane, and a chain around her neck is adorned with the mark of Anubis. An amulet from a different time, and a different set of gods. Gods far darker, far crueler.

Soon the dark face is turned upon the journey before her, into the glowing land  before her. She begins her trek south. South brings heat, and heat was good. Sand was good. Desert was what she sought, and she was determined to find it. Her body shook violently as she tried to rid herself of the wet coldness that seemed to chill deeply into her bones, and then she was moving off. 

Graceful and large steps seemed to bring her no closer, and the stomach on her inky body grumbled, and a irritated sound pulled from the body. Food seemed scarce here, and she wasn't exactly happy about it. Hanger would slowly take over as she traveled further south. Rune didn't really see the landscape, and while she considered it beautiful, she didn't particularly care. Her goal was surviving. Which is exactly what she had been raised to do, and had done her whole life. Survive.

Beat the odds, and make it. Don't give in to death. Even if you are bleeding out, no hope, never give in. 

But her mother gave in. In front of a child, not long before being pulled into this world. It had been violent. But it didn't break the mare. She stood tall, no one would ever know. And likely, no one would ever know what the mare saw before Helovia. But it was far more violent than many could imagine. But even now, she was still in lands she had known since childhood. She still hadn't left her old world. She would never be able to leave it behind. It would always be present.

@Adria
@Kalona

Kalona Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 3 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Hoofbeats thrum softly against the springy sand propelling the golden stallion effortlessly across the earth. Nobody else is around but the ghosts of the boy's past that seem to follow him everywhere he goes. A godly figure by blood yet warrior by heart the rabicano is surely a sight for sore eyes with his spanish bloodlines and his flashy markings, yet no one has ever claimed him as their own. Head tucked lightly to his chest as he gallops along he focuses on stretching out his muscular build, so long standing in wait for others has really taken its toll. He can remember the days when he would wait for nobody, things took place at his own pace and in his own time. Things were different back then when he cared for nobody but himself, well in a way this had never changed. This new world was boring and pretty lax but he could feel something churning beneath the surface just waiting to rear its ugly head. Perhaps it would be another of their godly creatures come back from the dead to take their revenge on those who came too close. Either that or it would be something nobody had ever seen before, doesn't matter how you look at it it was still something big.

Inhaling the salty air it is only now that the golden stag notices the staggered footprints upon the sandy shores. Curiosity peaks when they seem to dawn from the water themselves, surely no one could have been able to brave the stormy seas. Furrowing his brow he lowers his head to try and figure out who might have been here only to pick up the sweet feminine scent hovering in the air around him. Breathing the scent in he lifts his head to find the retreating figure a little ways off in the distance. Surely anyone able to brave the seas would have to be half freezing to death by now, maybe, just maybe he should try and lend a hand. Tossing his long mane around him his stride lengthens effortlessly as he casually approaches the stranger without hesitation.

Slowing his pace as he nears his shoulders are set and neck arched ever so regally he nickers gently so not to cause mass panic. "This really isn't the time of year to be taking a swim my dear. He comments gently blue eyes skimming appreciatively over her soaked frame. "How about we go get you dried off before you freeze."

Remembering the warmth of the throat and its surrounding lands his first idea is to head there but then he remembers the caves. Those would be much warmer and much more habitable than the Throat being the desert wasteland it was. "Come follow me." He added motioning a little ways in the distance.

•• TAGS: @Rune , Adria
•• NOTES: Sorry for the bad post, will get better. ••

“We who are immortal, we are chained to this life by a chain of gold, and we dare not sever it for fear of what lies beyond the drop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs   Image by click <3
[Image: kalona_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4h_by_moonston...9ggy0e.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads
Permission to Attack Or Use Magic Upon with the exception of maiming or death.

Adria Posts: 36
Absent Abyss atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 3 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Hawk

Oh dear lords it was still cold. Feathers tucked ruffled and fluffed about her sides trying to keep the lean body warm. Yet the girl was ever followed by her own breezes, and it was proving at this moment to be quite a challenge to live with. At home this had never been a problem, in fact it was more of a blessing. It had always been so hot and warm on that isle she never even thought about the winds about her. Oh but now! Ever since she had climbed the banks of this land her entire body had been a frozen mess, yet her heart had leapt with such excitement the winds about her had not chance of remaining still. So the girl was moving inland. Perhaps there was some source of warmth over there. Maybe that was where all of these reclusive Helovians were hiding.

She was still worried that they all took on the unusual look of that mare on the beach. With horns replaced for eyes. As much as she tried to steady herself when she looked at that curiosity, it didn’t help much. So when two figures came into view ahead you can bet the girl didn’t waste much time in looking to see if they had the same unfortunate features.

A deep breath exhales when she sees they do not. Now though, unlike on the beach, she had more of her wits about her. So as she walks to them the mannerism of her home come back to her. Her head is held higher, her wings tucked neatly in, and her smile is not its usual wild and unruly self, but calm and collected. The breeze at her sides would not be so easily curbed, it remains ever playful, pulling at the tips of her mane. And though she wanted to jog up and ask the pair a million questions and wait for none of the answers, she only comes up with a nicker of appearance.

The mare, an equine, drips with wet same as the pearl hours ago. And she steps up in time to hear the last of the gentleman’s concern. Follow him? To where? Was there warmth? Is that where everyone hide? They didn’t say names. Did they know each other? Was she intruding (not that that would stop her much)? What were their names? SO MANY QUESTIONS. Yet this time her manners held against the onslaught. “Afternoon. Yes it is terribly cold, but if I may ask,” Her gaze shifts to the light stallion. “-what lies in that direction?” One of her questions managed to slip through, but you can blame a gust in her own breeze for thinking again of the promise of warmth.

The girl though does recover herself. She looks to the mare again. “Terribly sorry, my name is Adria.” The formal name sings from her lips and it makes her tassled tail twitch. Even though she was holding herself as was proper, she didn’t quite enjoy it. Let’s hope, she thinks, we’ll hurry up through this, become close and can get on with the fun. Maybe they would even explore with her! Or share some secrets this seemingly barren land held.

@Rune @Kalona

Rune Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I had wandered far down the freezing beach before my attention was called on by another. The soft nicker caused a mild panic inside my soul. My body turned to look back to see a stallion plodding up behind me, and my front end stopped, yet my hind end moved sideways, so that I faced him. I made no movement, or spoke back to him, but silently stared at him from beneath the tangles of wet hair. My ears where cocked in an unsure position, for I didn't trust him. His voice was lilted with kindness, and he gave me no reason to doubt him, but I couldn't bring myself to accept this. 

I had experienced many a men before, who seemed to mean well, but my mothers warnings still rang red in my mind. I was the product of a stallion misjudged. So why would any other stallion be any different? Right?

My eyes studied him, his lighter more... Sunny coloring. I was the opposite. His personality so much more friendly, and here I was still staring at him. I was so dark compared. His words ring in my ears. "Come follow me..."

Softly I snorted, before cautiously talking a step to follow him. Warily my eyes watched him still. But soon they where trained upon another. An even lighter shade this time. And while I was hornless, and this stallion was horned, this mare had wings. Her voice is light, airy, as she responds to the stallion. 

Fool.

She started with a question, about what was in the direction we where headed. And then she introduced herself. "Terribly sorry, my name is Adria."

My eyes looked her up and down just as cautiously as I had the light stallion, and a deep sigh escaped my lips, as I looked to the mare. "Rune." I said from a rough set of rarely used vocal chords. My eyes turned to look at the stallion, an expectant look on my face. If we where giving names, I suppose he needed to give his too.

@Kalona 
@Adria 
SORRY THIS TOOK ME FOREVER