the Rift

The Crimson Jade

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen
Oultik

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong.

No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first.

And is waiting for it."

-Terry Pratchett

The lyrics of an angry ballad woke the groggy forest. Oultik's deep voice easily rang out changing the atmosphere of the Threshold. There were gaps in his singing that were clearly meant for another rowdy pair of lips and moments whenever an audience should have chanted words back at the ballad singers; but still Oultik did not miss a beat with his own part, because sometimes whenever you miss someone their voices can easily be heard even across the distances.

Although distance was relative to Oultik. The stallion thought little of it thanks to his magic. It annoyed him that he now had to be careful about where and when he traveled. That had not been the plan.

Oultik wore a crimson eyed, dragon of jade, curled around one of his horns as a daring statement. Jade had been a popular material for accessories where he had been staying but few pieces were as elaborate as his dragon. Oultik, one not to splurge on frivolous matters, had paid more than what he would ever tell the other Crimson Jade members. The dragon could breathe fire and despite his fear of the element he wore it as a statement to those who had burned his home to the ground.

The blue flames its ruby toothed mouth would spew out became his trademark. The crafter who had created the dragon had told him that she did it to match his eyes. Oultik had, of course, not mentioned that he feared fire but one of his own men had told her. Altering the color of the flame had been her way of attempting to make it easier for him. From that moment on he and Daetiin, the crafter, had formed a friendship. Oultik often teased her saying that she befriended him in the hopes that he would order another expensive item. Daetiin teased him saying that he stayed around hoping that she would feel bad and give him the money back.

Daetiin was the first civilian he had returned to after the Crimson Jade's first largely successful attack on the pegasi. "Oultik!" how wide her eyes had gone, "Do you not think that a unicorn fellow prancing about burning--" She lowered her voice at the word 'pegasi, "pegasi settlements to the ground will go unnoticed?" Why did she feel the need to say it in such a manner? Had he not proven to his own that they could, and would, destroy the bird brained?

"Of course not," he had told Daetiin, mocking her wide-eyed hurried whisper "Surely by now you know that I have a plan for everything." He had flicked his leonine tail under her nose with a sly smile and left promising to come back before acting on any new missions. As if Daetiin had thought she stood a chance at preventing the stallion from acting on a plan that he had already sorted out. Some say that fate laughs at the planning of mortals but those who knew Oultik would scoff at such a thought; none, mortal or immortal, laughed at Oultik's plans.

The problem with making such grand statements to single oneself out is that sometimes it works better than what was planned. Oultik had successfully made his face one known to the pegasi. Simply going on a stroll through the local woods had become something that would leave him susceptible to an attack by a pegasus. To begin with he had rejoiced in the attention. Oh, the names that they called him made him feel like such a success! Oultik had screwed with the imbeciles using his portals to bounce from one location to another. He and the rest of the Crimson Jade had laughed at their confusion as Oultik vanished from one place only to appear in another.  

Then the pegasi had given up on catching Oultik directly and turned to threatening his men and his friends. One afternoon whenever Fovol and Daetiin did not show at a planned outing Oultik had grown livid and had used a portal to go to Daetiin's shop. Once there he was greeted by his friend's frantic shouts for Oultik to flee. A pegasus particularly intent on his endeavors, after all a price had been put on Oultik's head, had found the stallion's most visited place and had dared to threaten those there. What a reckless plan.

That was a bird that Oultik had especially enjoyed unleashing his hungry flames upon.

The pegasi had gone as far as to follow Oultik about and to threaten his friends so the stallion was to be involved in his band and its quest for justice from afar. His magic would allow him to remain involved with his band but it would take his presence further from them most of the time. Today was a day he planned to visit them though.

Finding a tree with a split branch that he could wedge his dagger into Oultik rubbed his chin against the blade. The stallion had been traveling for some time and it did not delight him to see that his beard had grown out. Known for his steadfast ways in all things, Oultik did not wish to hear the playful taunts his men would deliver if he showed up with a grown out beard. On the other end of things it would end Rychinoh's gibes that insinuated that Oultik was only attempting to hide that he could not grow a full beard. Humming a brighter tune to himself Oultik thought happily of seeing his men. He would shave the beard away time after time, even if he began to prefer it longer, because he felt warmed whenever he returned to their taunting and teasing. It reminded Oultik of the brothers he lost to the fire.

OOC;; I am so not satisfied with this post. I lost the first version of this that I loved and it has just flopped about after that. I have rewritten this three times so I am going to stick with the good old 'the third time is a charm' thing and I am going to go with it. From here it will get better!

Once I can cash in my trades Oultik is officially getting his custom item. He has no idea that he has lost his magic yet.

[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

She had begun to make it a habit to return to the Threshold. She didn't know if this was because she was doing it out of habit, or if she felt the need to bring those who sought solace and sanctuary to her home. All she knew is that she loved her home, she cherished every minute in it, and all she wanted to do was share this love with others. It didn't take her very long to come across another potential candidate, and the singing that filled the air was unique within itself, leaving the girl curious and enthralled, leading her to the source in no time. As she closed in, she found a man, horns displayed upon his head and mismatched eyes of blue. He seemed to have stopped singing by then, and she couldn't help but feel sad that he did. His voice was beautiful, and though his song was something more aggressive than what she would have chosen to sing, she couldn't help but admire his talent. She finally closed the gap between them, leaving only a couple feet a part for them, dipping her head politely in greeting before speaking," Was that you singing? It sure was a beautiful voice. The song wasn't one I've heard before, where did you hear it?"

Her ears flicked as she tilted her head curiously, hazel eyes alight with delight and innocence as she watched him, fascinated by everything about this man. He held himself confidently it seemed, and she couldn't help but admire that. Her tail swished delicately behind her, and as her wings fluttered gently upon her back she spoke once more, smile never once leaving her black lips," My name is Myrrine by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you sir." She dipped her head once more to solidify the introduction, before turning her head to look up into the sky. It was a beautiful night at this moment in time, but you couldn't see it between the thick interlacing branches that offered shelter in the Threshold. She was kind of sad that this was the case, for one of her favorite parts of Helovia was just how beautiful the sky looked at night, but perhaps that was something she could show him once they left here; if he wanted to join her that is.

" Did you have to travel far to get here? I certainly hope not, I'm sure it would be rather tiring!" she chimed in happily, her voice calm yet still so full of cheer all at once. If there were a prize for how to act the most positive and full of sunshine, surely Myrrine would win the gold medal, if only she knew just how she was towards others. She exuded optimism that some found to be revolting, yet in her mind she was simply being herself, trying to love others for who they were and not what they did. She was a saint in that sense, never seeking to do harm to others unless necessary (and even then it would need to be absolutely necessary), and always tried to find a peaceful solution to any negative predicament at hand. She was her own mediator, the angel with colorful wings that sought out those lonely souls who needed someone to care. She took them to her side and cherished them for who they were, just like her mother had when she first found her.

The sudden thought of Mother left an ache in her heart, hazel eyes adverting slightly and filling with a sense of wistfulness. She missed her, more than anything in this world, yet she could not continue to dwell on things that were no longer pertinent in her life. As much as it hurt her to think of Mother in that way, she knew that she was gone, and how could she continue to hope and pray and wish that someone who was gone would return, especially since she had never been here before. It hurt deep inside when she thought of the mare every day, the beautiful woman who had taken her when she had been left for dead, the one who told her to achieve her dreams even if they looked to be unachievable. She was her saving grace in the beginning of her pathetic existence, and she made her who she was today. How could she not miss the one person who had made her feel worth something? She paused in her thinking, not sure if this was something she should be thinking about when meeting someone new, and thus she calmed herself. Once she regained a calmer composure, she looked to this man expectantly, hoping she could finally have a conversation with him.

OOC: So I'm so sleepy that this actually turned out good lol... HI

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Oultik
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Oultik

No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first.

And is waiting for it."

-Terry Pratchett

"Was that you singing? It sure was a beautiful voice. The song wasn't one I've heard before, where did you hear it?" Oultik did not respond immediately. Words spoken in such quick succession were clearly voiced without thought.

"Yes, it was I who sang." Did she see anyone else about? If it brought her to him then clearly it was he who sang. Was it such a feat to plan ones words? Too many voiced their thoughts before refining them. "I sang one," Oultik had planned on shaving his beard and would not alter that plan. So he spoke in-between touching up his beard. "And I hummed the other." He tilted his head this way and that to inspect his work. "The one hummed is a tune my people particularly like. It is a recent dancing tune. The other, that I sang, is a ballad that has been passed down many generations about a common man rallying a cowardly group of soldiers." It was Oultik's favorite song. In the end of the ballad the cowardly soldiers were disarmed by the common folk and were therefore replaced. Parts of the lyrics were rather comedic but there were also lines that riled Oultik up; that gave him inspiration to his cause.

"My name is Myrrine by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you sir." Now there was a well thought reply from the girl. Oultik softened some towards her whenever he was addressed with proper politeness. "I am Oultik." He nodded towards his dagger, "And that is Krukero." Oultik gave the dagger's name that others were to call it by. Krisorau, the weapon's true name, would only ever be known by the stallion. The dagger was his last tie to his past. He had received it on the last day that he saw his family, his friends, his people; his home, alive. A traditionalist in the strongest sense Oultik treasured the blade. To him it was more than a weapon. Krisorau was his comrade. Oultik expected others to treat it as such.

"Did you have to travel far to get here? I certainly hope not, I'm sure it would be rather tiring!" At her words Oultik stilled. Did she know who he was? Calmly, with a trace of disdain in his voice he answered her. If it was someone who knew of his past then they were quite desperate to have followed him this far. What could they possibly want? Oultik would not allow the desperate the satisfaction of seeing his surprise. "Of course I traveled. How else would I have gotten here?" Oultik's words spoke of his arrogance to think that Myrrine knew of his magic. He did not think that she may have simply meant traveling by hoof. And his accent told all that need be said about how far he may have come, it was obvious that he did not hail from this land nor any that bordered it closely. "I am quite tired. Where have I came to find myself Myrrine, dear?" The endearment was without any emotion on his part. The word was mere filler.

Taking one last look at his freshly cropped beard Oultik nodded in satisfaction before grabbing the dagger from the tree's grasp. He turned to place it in its sheath and finally caught sight of the one he had been speaking too. His eyes widened in surprise and a few blue sparks rose from the jade dragon's mouth. Oultik sheathed Krisorau and turned completely towards the pegasus. Silently he stepped towards the girl to tower over her grimly.

Oultik's dual colored eyes flicked from her face to her wings repeatedly as he planned his actions. Did this girl hail from the same place as he? Was she sent as a clever chance at getting him to lower his guard? Allowing his eyes to settle on her face they narrowed intent on catching any sign of recognition or emotion on Myrrine's face besides her seemingly permanent bubbly state. "Do you know me?" His words were as cool as the Frostfall air.

OOC;; @Myrrine

[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]

Watermel0nBob

The response she received from him was not one she had been entirely expecting. Yet she listened quietly to his explanation as his blade stroked itself close to his chin. She watched in minor fascination as pieces of his beard began to fall, long lashes blinking slowly as she let the words he spoke register. She couldn't help but have a curiosity towards him, the way he moved and spoke was so different to what she was used to, and his seemingly lack of interest in anything she said was enough to make her wonder what he was truly like. Was this his real personality? Or was it merely a front? Was he naturally someone who thought himself better than others based on traits she was not aware of? These questions spun round and round in her mind as she let him continue, responding to her fluidly without missing a beat.

Upon introducing his dagger she looked toward it more closely, eyes growing wide with child-like curiosity as she peered closer, but only so close as to get a better view without him feeling invaded. The blade had a dragon's face, with stunning eyes made of jewels and a sharp blade at the end. After a moment she smiled, looking back up at the man and continuing softly in her cheerful tone," It's a pleasure to meet you and your dagger once again Sir Oultik." She was about to say more, to simply keep their pleasant conversation going, when it suddenly turned in a different direction, and the unicorn's attitude suddenly changed. Instinctively she took a slight step back, watching him almost warily with her large hazel eyes. She hadn't expected such a response from him, but perhaps she shouldn't have been so forward and friendly to someone still trying to get used to their new surroundings. So she swallowed hard for a minute, pausing to let her anxiousness settle, before she finally nodded her head and began to speak again:

" I.... I suppose you're right. Please forgive my... obvious question." She looked away suddenly, almost feeling ashamed for making him upset. She didn't know what she had done wrong but whatever she had done he hadn't liked it, and now their conversation was turning into something she hadn't wanted it to turn into. Blinking back the thought of tears that threatened to appear she watched him again, trying to remain friendly and smiley though it was hard to do so with this building guilt. It was only when the question after rolled off his tongue did she look into his eyes once more, ears pricked forward and curious at his sudden change of wording once more. He gave her a nickname yet there was no sweetness laced within the words, he called her by a name but almost as if he were speaking to an object or a random creature asking for directions; not someone he was just before having a normal chat with. It kind of hurt her, to be treated in such a way, but surely he didn't mean to come off like that.

There were plenty of people who simply acted blunt and impersonal because they didn't know how to express any other emotions, or they felt it wasn't necessary or even because they were too nervous to respond in any other way. The list went on and on in the spotted maiden's mind as she tried to figure out just what caused the sudden backlash from the spotted unicorn. Her eyes searched his entire body once more for a sign, a flick of his tail or an adverted gaze, anything to reveal his inner secrets. Yet what she came up with was simply nothing, and she was left watching him curiously, her answer leaving her lips without her putting much thought into it," This is Helovia, welcome." Again, a smile tried to press onto her inky maw, her eyes flickered with a soft glimmer of light and hope that maybe he could see she wasn't so bad after all, but it turns out that was not to be dealt in the cards today.

His final question cut into her like a sharp knife, cold and stinging and it was enough to cause her to flinch back. Her ears flattened nervously, wings drooping and eyes watching him in uncertainty at yet another wave of a different emotion. What caused him to be so paranoid and worried about who she was? She was just Myrrine, the spotted girl with the wings everyone seemed to be so obsessed about. She couldn't help that they sprouted on her back when she came here, and she couldn't help the fact that they brought her so much attention. The Gods have given them to her, blessed her with this gift in hope of giving her a richer life, and yet so far it seemed to be quite the hindrance on the poor lamb. Biting her lip and shrinking back from him, she searched his expression almost pleadingly, begging him to help her understand what it was he wanted. She wanted to cry right now, to cover her face and shy away from his intimidating stare, but part of her felt that she needed to give him an answer or he would never be satisfied.

" N-No..." she spluttered out at last, looking at him in confusion and shock but most of all hurt. Why would she know him? She had just met him and now he was interrogating her like she was the enemy. Before she could stop it the tears began to fall, thick and hot that left dark grey lines in their place as she tried to overcome her emotions. Sniffling she quickly moved to wipe them away on her legs, choking back a few hiccups before finally regaining her composure. She would get through this, she would finish talking to him and help him realize she truly meant no harm. All she had wanted to do was be his friend today, nothing more. After taking a deep mental breath she lifted her head and stared right into his eyes, taking a step forward in a sudden act of courage," I don't know who you are. I only know what you have told me. You are Oultik, and you sang a song about rallying soldiers to gain courage and fight, and you hummed a song people near your home liked. You have a dagger named Krukero. I'm afraid that is all I can tell you Sir, as that is all you have told me."

She sucked in a sharp breath, trying to fight back the tears again and to choke down the sobs that threatened to burst out with each passing second. Why was this so hard? Why was she so worked up about this? It was as if something inside of her was breaking at the thought that he would get the wrong idea about her. Myrrine never wanted anyone to misunderstand, she didn't want anyone to feel hurt, or to feel pain or confusion, all she wanted was to make others happy, and right now she was failing miserably. It was eating her up inside that she couldn't help him through this, that she couldn't understand and show him that she would be there every step of the way until he figured this out. It was all a crumbling mess and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't pick up the pieces. She looked away into the forest quietly, hoping the different view would grant her enough of a distraction to let her gain more momentum. When she felt ready to face him again hazel gaze met mismatched blue, and her voice spoke in a low, hushed, almost whisper," I don't know what I have done to upset you or make you question me. If I could fix it then I would happily do so. All I would like to do is understand, if you would let me. I would like to understand you more and what you're feeling Oultik."

OOC: Myrrine did a thing...

MYRRINE

@Oultik

Oultik

And is waiting for it."

-Terry Pratchett

"It's a pleasure to meet you and your dagger once again Sir Oultik." He nodded absently in acknowledgment of her words. Only the flicking of his tail manifested to show his approval at Myrrine's including of Krisorau. Most did not include a dagger in their niceties. "This is Helovia, welcome." Helovia? Oultik liked the musical lilt to the name of the land. For that reason he decided that he would give the place a look around to see if it would suit him. If this Helovia suited his plans then he would stay.

Guilt. Was that what made her so emotional? Why else would she be crying so easily? Surely he had not said anything that should have brought tears about. Oultik sent away his own foundless guilt that began to stir in his own chest at the sight of tears. It would be foolish, no reckless, of him to allow himself to give in to emotions just because the pegasus before him was young and delicate; after all, she was still one of the birds.

"N-No.." Oultik was fascinated by her sudden forthcoming of confidence. He listened to her words with an amused tilt of his head. The stallion did not step forward nor backward, he remained in place even as she drew so close.  "I don't know who you are. I only know what you have told me. You are Oultik, and you sang a song about rallying soldiers to gain courage and fight, and you hummed a song people near your home liked. You have a dagger named Krukero. I'm afraid that is all I can tell you Sir, as that is all you have told me." Oultik's expression did not change as he listened to her speak.

The look of amusement remained on his features even as he took Myrrine and her words into more serious consideration. Now that he gave it thought it was unlikely that the pegasi would have sent one like the girl to stand before him. Not only had he never seen wings like hers before but he also assumed them to be quite delicate. If they had sent such a weakling to him the even the pegasi would have known it to be a suicide mission. It did not seem to be their style. Even the bird brained valued their own.

"Mercy, mercy me." Oultik shook his head, "Oh, do not continue your blubbering." The man softened slightly towards the girl. His guard was still up and he felt no kindness towards the wings upon her back, but she had referred to Krukero by name. Had she been of different race he would have called her friend on the spot. Most, even from where he hailed from, did not take the dagger seriously; but she had, at least to some extent. "If another questions you or doubts you," his advice was given in thanks for calling his dagger by name, "do not react as you have towards me. It arouses suspicion and can lead to hastily made actions." Not that Oultik would do anything hastily. He was better than that.

"I don't know what I have done to upset you or make you question me. If I could fix it then I would happily do so. All I would like to do is understand, if you would let me. I would like to understand you more and what you're feeling Oultik." "What was done cannot be fixed." Oultik remembered the thirsty flames that had swallowed his home. His eyes glistened at the remembered burn of the thick smoke. His ears pinned in remembrance of the screams that had carried final breaths. The stallion cleared his throat uncomfortably, "But it is not your wrongdoing." It was his first time meeting a pegasus that was not to blame for what had happened.

"Are there more like you?" He was genuinely curious about her answer. Oultik wondered if she was a typical Helovian in appearance. The unicorn would have to apply such knowledge to his plans.

OOC;; @Myrrine

Watermel0nBob

Their entire interaction was one that utterly confused her. In her tears she had noticed his expression soften before turning to amusement, causing a twist of confusion and almost hurt tug at her heart. Did he enjoy seeing her feel this way? Was this a game to him that he often played with those he came across, simply for his own sick and twisted pleasure? These thoughts began to make the tears swell more. She wanted to simply sob right there, but part of her refused to give him the satisfaction of her sorrow. So with a deep breath she bit the inside of her cheek, so hard the salty taste of blood flooded her taste buds. It was enough to break the line of tears and for her to become distracted, and she took advantage of it to wipe her face clean and to regain and decent composure.

When he spoke again he seemed to hold a more gentle disposition towards her, his words still blunt but with a softer edge than before. The change of mood left her speechless, her wide eyes watching him in the utmost curiosity. Just who was he? What had made him what he was before her now, and was there anything she could do to help ease the troubles that seemed to weigh him down? She presumed not, he didn't seem the type to simply accept an invitation like that. She listened, still not knowing entirely how to answer him, whether he even wanted an answer or if he just wanted to talk for a little while. She could only let her eyes wander over him and her thoughts run wild on all the possibilities of how this man came to be who he was before her. It was a puzzle she wanted to solve in her own way, yet she knew that others' lives were not something to be toyed with, even if she so badly wanted to do so.

It was his final question that brought confusion to her complexion. With furrowed brows and lips pursed in thought she let the question sit in the air for a few moments, wondering where to go next with it. Did he mean that as in more horses? More spotted girls that cried easily? Was he referring to her personality, age, coloring, status? The list went on and on, and so she couldn't entirely answer his question without getting more answers out of him. So she swallowed, looking at him calmly and pleasantly despite the perplexity still written on her expression, and finally responded to his genuine question," I'm aftaid you'd need to be more specific Sir... I don't know what it is about me you're asking about. I am simply Myrrine, I don't really think about myself that often... if that makes sense." She only hoped she hadn't said the wrong thing again, because she didn't think she could take it if she did. Would he yell at her again or stare her down with those piercing eyes? Was she vulnerable to anything at this point? Or had she managed to miss the floor switch that set the ticking time bomb off inside this unique stranger.

OOC: I'm so sorry I will do better T-T

MYRRINE

@Oultik

Oultik

And is waiting for it."

-Terry Pratchett

"I'm aftaid you'd need to be more specific Sir... I don't know what it is about me you're asking about. I am simply Myrrine, I don't really think about myself that often... if that makes sense." Oultik's hide twitched as if it were pestered by flies. He was uncharacteristically uncomfortable. "Your --" his eyes went skywards as if saying a prayer before committing a sacrilegious action. "Your.. Oultik tapped a hoof and licked his lips while averting his eyes from those of the pegasus so nearby, "uhm..wings," The word was a whisper on his tongue. One so unaccustomed to being said without scorn that the it was timid to pass the threshold of his lips in an attempt at civil conversation. The distaste that still vaguely tainted his question was not intentionally nor consciously placed. "Are your wings typical for those in Helovia?" Oultik did not allow Myrrine time to answer the first before drilling her with another, "The ratio of unicorn to--," lesser equines, "other equines; what is it like?"

Having voiced the questions Oultik allowed his eyes to slide back down to Myrrine. How many times had his men complained that Oultik was too quick to lash out before speaking? More than either he or them, for that matter, could count. He had proven himself; not that Oultik thought it necessary to prove anything about himself to her. Still, he would later reward himself for such a moment. He of all unicorns had asked the questions in a relatively cordial manner.

Oultik carried some of the same perplexed expression as Myrrine. Where did her cheer stem from? How had it managed to hold on even as life had surely tried to uproot it? To Oultik the thought of a life lived without tragedy's presence was a fantasy; a tall tale told to the young before putting them to bed. "You are.." The stallion's eyes traced the mark of a tear up to her eyes lit with curiosity, "emotional." Oultik was not cruel with the statement, after all, it was not Myrrine's fault that she was one of the bird brained.  

OOC;; @Myrrine sorry, this post fought me tooth and nail.  

Watermel0nBob

What a strange question. Then again what exactly was normal about this entire conversation these two were having. The damsel could only watch with golden eyes framed by delicate lashes, the perplexity and curiosity quite evident in them. Soon legs were moving and she was closing the distance between them, cautious in her stepping before finally gaining confidence and finding herself actually quite close to his face. He was drawing her in for some reason, the lure impossible to avoid as she gazed into those mismatched irises that refused to give anything away. And in that moment he spoke, causing her to blink and almost jump out of her previous hypnotic state. This caused her to pause, ears flickered in his direction before she took a small step back, though not giving him any more room after that.

" I suppose I am rather emotional," she mused with a tender smile on inky lips, before looking up to him once again and searching hard for something within that dark gaze of his. They say the eyes are the window to one's soul, but his refused to show any incantation of just what was on his mind in the conversation that continued between them. She took in a gentle breath, choosing to give up on finding out for now, before letting her wings flutter and her silken tail to swish upon her hips," If I may ask you Sir Oultik, if I am so emotional, then what does that make you?" Surely he would have an answer to that wouldn't he? After all the questions he berated her with in the few minutes they had been speaking, surely he could cut her a break and answer one in return.

To answer his first one, she didn't really know where to begin. If anything it brought up even more questions such as why did it matter? Was he doing a tally count for some sort of project that he was thinking up? Was he the new population counter for all of Helovia? That would surely be quite a hard job to achieve. But didn't the Gods already know just how many species of each lived within their kingdom? Why would they need a census? Did some people just not register? All she was doing with her own questions was confusing herself more, causing her to blink rapidly before looking back at him calmly. Her smile hadn't really returned to her face, which was quite unusual for her, but she couldn't bring herself to mask anything around this man who seemed to strip her down to the ore from the get go. All that remained was that pestering curiosity, it nagging and prying in her mind to find out who he was and how he ticked, because surely there was a reason as to why he assaulted her with questions before.

She was having a constant battle in her mind with what to say and do next, how to handle his question and wondering how he would respond after her answer, until finally she simply couldn't contain the jumbled mess in her mind and managed to form a somewhat coherent answer," I honestly don't know Sir. Out of everyone I have met, which honestly hasn't been many, the so called ratio you speak of has been rather even. There isn't really more of one um... equine than the other. Does that satisfy your question? I apologize if I wasn't very clear, it's just that the question in the first place is so confusing to me, as I don't understand why anyone would ask it." She took in a deep breath, before letting it out slowly and searching his body language for any response that might indicate where his mind was going now. She only hoped she hadn't upset him more, for that was certainly the last thing she wanted to do today, but she couldn't really come up with a better answer than that. Perhaps she should apologize or something.

" I, I certainly hope that I haven't upset you with my answer."

OOC: Omg this is so garbage. I'm sorry!!!

MYRRINE