the Rift

[OPEN] This time, don't need another perfect line [Birthing]

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

A gasp tore from my throat, as something happened. Fear began to rip into my very soul, my being, my essence. Something is wrong.

It was all wrong. My belly became taught, and slack, spasming randomly and for varied lengths of time. My nose swung round to touch it, panic causing my heart to beat faster, as the realization of what was going on exactly. It was time. A mumbled string of no's came from my mouth, and yet I felt as if I hadn't spoke.

This can't be happening. Not now. Not here. I need... I need dad. I need him, Gods I can't do this alone.

My body is moving, trying to pull myself closer to home, it wasn't that far away after all. I could make it? Couldn't I? My body began it's fateful trudge. The only thing driving me forward was the insistent fear of having to deliver this child by myself. I couldn't do it. I couldn't handle it. But it was to late. I couldn't make it that far. My body refused to. My body betrayed me.

It didn't take it long either. Soon I was standing drenched in sweat, from both trying to make it home, and the contractions as my body tried to expel the child from my womb. Shakily I lowered myself to the ground, barely making it to safety without collapsing and hurting myself. The contractions where getting worse, and longer, and so much stronger, some causing yells of pain to erupt from my throat, before returning to the sobbing mess that I was. At some point during the ordeal, I yelled out for my dad, and my mom, but it more than likely was incoherent screeching.

It seemed to take hours, and at some point I had given up the screaming, the yells for help, the yells for my parents.... They faded away, as my mind and body focused and accepted the job it needed to do. Sweat drenched my coat and body, causing a glistening steam to raise from me. But I pushed, I refused to stop. Every push got me closer to this being over. At some point I heard the slick sound of something sliding out, and a release of pressure. With some reserve strength my head lifted to see the white and black body of my child. Rhoa's child. A smile lifted my features, and a soft coo rose from my throat before the smile faded. Something was wrong with him. My fore legs stretched out to pull myself around to him, changing places with my hind end to be closer. "Baby, momma's here.. Sweet thing, your okay. Why aren't you making noise... Why.. Why aren't you breathing. Baby, breath for momma." Each word became more frantic, and my instincts kicked in I began licking him, cleaning him, every try more panicked than before. Soon, I had accepted that he wasn't alive, and I felt my world shatter.

My heart bore pain that I had never experienced before. I didn't want to live anymore. I couldn't physically go on. I just starred at his white body blankly. I was vaguely aware of more contractions, but I let them come, head curled around his small body. At some point they stopped, but I refused to look. I couldn't bear to look. My heart was already so shattered. A small whinny echoed in my ears, but I blamed it on my mind playing tricks on me. The other one was dead too. So I curled my head tightly around Vidar's white body, eyes shut tight. I had failed him. I had failed them. I had failed Rhoa.

I wasn't meant for this. I couldn't do this. My head raised to look at the other child, who looked at me with his turquoise eyes, and I broke down. Tears streamed down my dark face, as I somehow stood, and moved to the other child. Blankly I cleaned him. My gaze wandering back to Vidar's motionless form, before coming back to the dark child. "Hello Kvasir.... I'm sorry... I can't... I..." My voice faded away as looked over my child's form. He as so beautiful. But I couldn't take care of him. My heart was gone. Vidar took it with him when he was born. My world was shattered around the fact that I was too incompetent to carry children in my womb. My head hung low stroking his black wings, recognizing that he had some of Rhoa, and some of me. A small turquoise lump was on his forehead, a horn. He was such a perfect mixture of us. They both where. But Vidar hadn't made it.

I wasn't sure if I could survive that.

"Speech goes here."

Glacia
Slow down, it's a science
Credit

@Mauja
@Ahvelyn
@Rhoa
@Ilios

This is open to anyone and everyone! So, feel free to throw peeps in here to see completely emotionally dead Glacia. <3

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
IVEZHO

Ivezho had to wonder at how rapidly his life had gotten so complicated.

He supposed it was bound to happen, when one actually allowed oneself to live, rather than hide away, and pretend he didn't exist, or that his existence didn't matter to the world. It was a shocking realisation, buffeted by a comforting one, that perhaps he did matter, perhaps he was worth something after all.

He was going to be an uncle. He was trying to be more of a brother to his siblings. He had friends - and that was probably the most comforting realisation he had made yet. Even with all his inadequacies, all his insecurities, he could still say he had friends, people he could trust, people he loved and wanted to help, and spend time with just because - it was all so new to him, these things he should have learned when he was younger, that he, through his own ignorance, had denied himself…

He was travelling, north from his home (most everything was north from his home), hoping to come across one of the aforementioned friends he had made recently. At least, he hoped she was a friend - she was his brother's mate, at the very least, mother of his soon-to-be niece or nephew.

The time had to be nearing when she was expected to welcome this new life into the world, and Ivezho didn't want to miss it. He was excited, happy, almost leaping out of his skin with anticipation, as he traversed the skies in hopes of being allowed to the World's Edge and asking after Glacia's wellbeing. He hoped his brother didn't take his impatience the wrong way - Ivezho had done enough of dilly-dallying, enough of 'waiting for the moment to come to him', he was ready to take it for himself, to seek it out and claim it as his own.

Not that he was going to claim Glacia as his own - no, but she was a friend, a sister-in-law, and he cared about her wellbeing, if only for that reason alone.

So when he saw a figure struggling to stand in the Grove, with not one but two smaller figures nearby, his heart leapt in his chest, and he circled a path lower, and lower to the ground, until he landed quietly.

Ready to greet the familiar form of Glacia, and the two nephews who laid at her feet, Ivezho wore a smile of genuine pleasure and excitement - which soon turned to ice-cold fear and concern as he actually listened, and saw, that the mare was weeping.

And then he saw that she was weeping as she cleaned the perfect combination of genetics of herself and Rhoa, while another laid in silence nearby. No, he denied the thought any purchase in his mind, instinctively willing the child to live.

"Glacia -," he said, but he didn't know what to say beyond that - what did one say in this situation? 'I'm sorry' didn't seem enough, 'I'm devastated' was entirely too selfish of him.

So he moved, in silence, to her side, offering, as he had once before to the mare, a wing to comfort her with - he would sling it over her shoulders if she willed it, while his gaze roamed between the living and the dead.

Ivezho was an uncle. But he was so much more than that now, too.

Coding by Tamme

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable

The temperature hit me like a brick. With a plop, I was out. I was here. Something felt gone however, empty. I couldn't figure out what it was. But I felt it. I felt a whole lot. Within moments I am shivering in this freezing environment. My turquoise eyes open, and very quickly squeeze shut again. It was to bright. To cold. Instinctively I curled tightly, trying to keep warm. My eyes slowly open, peeking through my lashes as my eyes slowly adjusted to the light. I could feel warmth coming from behind me. As well with a soft sound. A sad sound. My head lifted to look over my shoulder at the warmth and the sound. I saw a large head curled around something white and black. A soft whinny echoed from my muzzle, and instinctual noise. I do not know her, the crying woman, but I love her. I want to comfort her, for whatever sadness ailed her. But I was also cold, and a pang in my stomach made me eager to grab hold of something with my gums. 

But she refuses to look at me. She doesn't even move. She continues her crying. She doesn't look at me, I am here freezing to death, and she's crying over some little lump. But my heart still aches. Something is odd about that lump. Something is familiar about it. But I don't know what it is. Instead I stare at her tear stained face. Hoping she will see me, as I stare hopefully and shiver violently. 

It takes forever, but she finally investigates. Her legs push her up shakily, along with blocking the lump she was crying on. But the tears don't stop coming. She moves to me, and a soft nicker escapes from my lips. It is low, and thankful for her warm tongue, and heated body. Her words are soft, but I know not what she says. I instead take pleasure in the soft sounds of her voice. Her sad voice. One word stands out, Kvasir. The way she said it was so important sounding, so I figured it had to be important.

We are not left long on our own however, and a big man joins us. My eyes are torn from her at the sound of the man landing, and I stare at him. He seems hopeful at first, excited. A jig is in his step, until he see's her tears, and something else apparently. Her legs block me, so I can't see what it is that he saw, or rather suspected he saw. It must have been awful, whatever it was. A word comes from his mouth. His voice is deeper, rougher than hers. But it held the sadness too. But it wasn't... As broken as hers.

He comes closer, carefully. The big wings he had lifted towards her, offering her some form of comfort. My young mind tries desperately to understand, and wants to know why everyone is so sad. I was here! Be happy!!! A whinny escapes my lips, trying to cheer them up. But the emptiness ached deeper. I was missing something in my soul.

My attention is turned to the wing the man held out to her. My muscles strained, but shakily I held mine out, if only for a moment, before letting it drop. I tried again, moving one around floppily. It made me smile, and I looked at how they stood, and I began to try. Several times my legs buckled from under me, but she was watching. That's all I wanted... It's all I really needed.  
"Talk."

Kvasir
Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry

All are good to go on posting!!! <3
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
It had been to long since the stallion had made it this far West. He could remember coming here with Areli so long ago. He had played hide and seek with her; pretending to have no idea where she was, even though her glowing dapples had given her away. His proud heart twisted as he remember the real reason he had brought her out there. That was when he had told her he was leaving. Soft lips brushed his bare chest as he wondered if his sister still wore the glass wolf and chain. He sighed softly as a pang of longing and sadness twisted his heart. 'I'll have to go visit her soon, I really miss her.' He sighed again and closed his eyes for a moment before peeling them open.

The sight of a unicorn laying upon the ground caught his attention. Fear gripped his heart, until he saw two foals laying beside her. A bright smile touched his muzzle as he circled above for a few minutes allowing the mother to spend time alone with her newborns. As he flew around and around, keeping up high, the stallion came to realize something was wrong, horribly wrong. His smile fell from his face spiraling down with his heart to shatter silently upon the ground. Hesitating the hybrid watched silver eyes damp as he hoovered above the scene. He could feel his heart breaking for the mare below. He couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose a child before it even got to live. Tears slipped from silver orbs as he gazed down upon them.

After what seemed like years another figure appeared flying down towards the lady. He watched the familiar figure land beside her and glance at the scene before striding forward trying to comfort the new mother: Ivezho. He watched silently willing the mare to go to her living child. 'He needs you.' Taking a calming breath the stallion circled down towards them. He landed softly a couple feet away before nodding to the adults. He had no idea what to say besides his name. "I'm Ilios, and I mean no harm." He stood awkwardly to the side watching them with damp cheeks tears still shimmering in his eyes. Blinking them away he took a careful step towards the living babe glancing at the mare making sure she would not attack. The colt was flopping his wings around smiling as he did so.

The colt was steel and white with turquoise eyes and a matching numb upon his brow. He smiled softly at the foal before extending a wing in response to the foal's own wing flapping. "He is beautiful Miss. They both are..." He gaze shifted towards the still foal before moving to look at the mare beside Ivezho. Words fell from his mouth before he could think them over fully. "I know it hurts, it has to, but you have a healthy living baby. He needs you right now. He needs your nourishment. There will be enough time to grieve for the fallen after you have taken care of him." Understanding and warm eyes turn to look at the mare carefully. She needed to understand that he realized she was in pain, but her living child needed her now more than ever.

Speech
Words;; 550
OOC/Tags;; ='[
ilios

If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.}

You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Long gone, most beloved

I knew a lot of things. I knew them then and I know them now. The second most important thing I knew was to mind my own business. The most important memory, though, that I held to my breast, was the memory of how much it hurt to not be the mother that you thought you would be. I'll never forget that pain. It's impossible.

I heard the screams from not too far off and knew immediately the signs. How many times had I screamed like that, how many hours had I spent heaving on the ground and in the sky, in some sort of in between heaven and hell? Hadn't I been beaten while birthing, hadn't I been forced upon and made to feel worthless? These were the cries of a mother about to be made, and the cries of one without comfort. I couldn't bear to let her be alone, I couldn't let myself walk away from that. As much as I knew better as much as I knew to mind my own business... I couldn't walk away from those screams.

So instead I ran, long hair trailing through frost covered hay and catching and tearing in twigs. Chunks of blue were lost to the wilds but I fought the irritant pain, not stopping until I found myself at the source of the sound. I needed to help, I needed to be there.

The only problem was, it was too late. And not only was I too late to help, to save, but two other stallions had muscled their way into the situation. Immediately perceiving them as a threat I shoved my way between the pegasi and the mare, my teeth bared and a harsh whinny coming from between my lips.

They offered comfort, they offered their very presence, and all of it was wrong. When I looked at that mare I saw myself, the mare I had been years before when my first child had been born still. The live colt was full of life, still wet and only haphazardly cleaned by his numb mother, but she seemed focused only on the dead.

So when the green-hued stallion spoke, his advice was not unsurprising. Be thankful for what you have, he seemed to suggest. There will be enough time to grieve for the fallen... but what a fool he was.

Without leaving a second for the mare to speak for herself, I lunged for the stallion and snapped my teeth, not touching but threatening. Back off, my every movement said. "What do you know?" I shouted at him, my tail raised and my ears pinned. My eyes burned with unforgiving hatred, with pure pain. "There is never enough time to grieve. There is never enough time. Do you presume to know the pain of a child who has died before he has breathed?" My chest heaved, filled with the air of my lost children, the lives time had stolen. "You say he has fallen--how can he if his mother never taught him to stand?"

I wanted to beat his insolence to the earth, to shred his chest with all my horns and send him reeling. Would blood teach him to shut his fat and uninformed face? I snapped my gaze briefly to the quieter, ember-like boy, but gave him no verbal warning. Let the reprimand of Ilios serve well enough.

Wordlessly I turned from them, my flowing tail snapping in their faces before falling over the living colt like a blanket. I moved towards the mare, this mother half lost, and offered her the kindness of my touch--a long, dark neck to rest over the one she bore herself.

"This is love," I whispered to her in the emptiness of this hurt. I widened my blue eyes and beckoned the child with them before looking back to the corpse of his brother. "It is the purest and most painful thing you will ever feel, and you will never forget it, not for as long as you live." My voice, a choking whisper, was like a kiss upon her ear. "I'm so sorry you have to know it, my child."

Even now, I'm not sure who I was speaking to, then.

""

Holy Ahvelyn muse oh my goodness @Glacia sorry for the delay

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

"MOVE"

My voice is a scream, but I hardly hear it. I don't notice how it breaks and shatters on the wind which is racing all too quickly past my face. I don't notice how my eyes are nearly squeezed shut from the frigid blast of air that freezes my vision as the ground flies towards me (and I to it) at shocking and reckless speeds.

All I know is what is burned into my mind from seconds before.

If it weren't for Ivezho, I might have flown over all together. But his bright burning body was all too easy to spot, even from the height I was currently occupying. Even so, the mere presence of my twin might not have pulled me down from the skies. He is after all, allowed to live his own life. I no longer worry about him disappearing on me. He seems to have returned for real, as they say. But it was who was at his side - or rather whose side he was at - which forced me from the skies.

Glacia.

But not just Glacia. There were two bodies laying around her.

Two.

Twins. Just like Ivezho and I-.

My heart leaped into my throat as I hurtled towards the ground.

A father-

But why are there so many around her? I can't hear their voices yet but ... is something amiss? No - no, surely that's just parental anxiety (I'm going to be a Father! No! I am a Father! They are there! They!). I feel a little awkward suddenly, as if will shortly be the one who is intruding. But surely ... surely that is absurd? I am among ... I swallow hard as the thought strikes me squarely in the chest. I am among family. Ivezho, Glacia, our children. Those other faces that I don't recognize? They are the intruders. Happy ones perhaps, but if any are entitled to be here, it is me.

The ground is ridiculously close now, and if I don't pull up soon, I'll surely crash straight into the ground. My ever-burning wings pulse at my sides and I lean back. Part of me doesn't want to, for as my descent slows I know I am that much farther away from embracing the mother of my twins. 

Our twins.

However as I do begin to slow and the tears which had formed from the icy gales that pressed against me began to dissipate, I can finally see what it was that my heart must have noticed, even from such great heights.

One of them wasn't moving-

on of them -

oh gods no-

And so the word bled from my lips: MOVE.

My hooves crashed into the ground with my wings still splayed. I had no regard for any around me - even Ivezho. My eyes were only for Glacia and the 

twin.

My gut suddenly hardened, knotted, and seemingly tied itself into a bow with the realization of what I was looking at. "He's just-" I had almost died when I was born. If one of our healers hadn't been present my lung would have collapsed fully and I would have left the world after only one breath.

"A healer"

It was a whisper, as if my word could grab the mare who had saved my life and force her into reality, here and now. Nostrils flared, my panicked gaze looked at those assembled, dancing briefly on Ivezho with a wildfire sort of terror before looking back to Glacia. "HE NEEDS A HEALER." I dropped to my knees, forgetting the embrace which had danced on my wingtips, meant to wrap around Glacia for her part in this. It lay dead around my hooves, just like this foal. But I wouldn't believe it - he was like me. He just needed someone to take the time ... someone to - "-WHY ARE NONE OF YOU MOVING? WHY HAVEN'T YOU GOTTEN A HEALER?" I scarcely sound like myself. The part of Gaucho which makes my words rough and booming is now present, but I command none of the might that my Father does. I cannot demand that others simply act, nor can I bide a healer to arrive at my beck and call. I can do nothing and yet I cast my gaze around at those present, my eyes accusing them for the letting-die of this child.

-my child-

rhoa
these seconds when i'm shaking leave me shuddering for days

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

Ivezho.

The burning stallion is the first to arrive. Had it been under different circumstances I might have greeted him. But instead I turned my gaze to him. I looked at him, yet looked through him. It was like my emotions had been shut off. I was left with a shell of my body. Stuck in here without emotions.

Denial

Stage one had already hit me and my emotional state like a wreaking ball. I was shattered like glass. Dreams, hopes.. They had been thrown and stomped on. I had accepted motherhood. Wanted it even. I was scared at first, but I was as ready as I could be. I couldn't wait to meet my sons.

My body leaned into the wing without much thought. The tears had stopped flowing, and my dead eyes returned to look at my son. Kvasir. My living son. I wanted to love him. I do, but I can't love him properly. I was insufficient. But then the fool came.

Anger

At first, his comment seems sweet, and my blank eyes watch him. I felt like a stranger in my body, watching from the back of my mind. Voices muffled, my name muffled coming from Ivezho's mouth. But then his foolish comments become clear. My ears snap back.

Do you really think it's that easy?

But yet another comes. Her snapping jaws separate me from Ivezho, My head shooting up, as a surprised snort forced itself from my nostrils, before my body moved to block Kvasir. Her vicious antics are quickly turned onto Ilios however. Accusations fly, words thrown harder than I could throw myself.

She understands.

The woman gives a glance to Ivezho, before her attention is now given to me. I expect a berating, but she is close, radiating warmth... Her words bring it back. My ears listen carefully to the soft words, the words of someone who knew how fucking much it hurt. The flip is switched back on, and the tears start again. A sob breaks the silence, and my head lowers to curl against her shoulder. That sob was mine. This pain is mine. But there is someone here... She can take care of him. I can't. She would know what to do.

"MOVE!

My head lifts up, ears shooting forward to see Rhoa... He's coming in like a jet with cut brakes, and I am worried... worried is an emotion. I have them still... I am worried he will land too hard.

He does land hard. Wings where sprawled and he had a mad look in his eye. But he only see's me... And Vidar. My head turns to look at his perfect white and black body. His soft feathers... No.

"No."

The word comes out like a shreek. I had realized it over and over again. He was dead. And Rhoa saw it. He saw how incapable I was. He would blame me.

"He's just...

His voice falters, and I am beginning to back up, but I stop. He hurt too. He was Vidar's father too. He was breaking inside, just like me. He was being destroyed inside out too. His heart was bleeding too.

Bargaining

I wasn't the one doing it. His voice is startling. It is rough, compared to the softness of his baritones. It is raw. Raw grief. My blue eyes close, as my head turns away. I am unable to bear it. But I have to. I look to the mare, a silent plea to not move. To keep her tail blanketed on my son... Our son.

Shakily my legs carry me to him. To Rhoa. To his broken form. To the drooped wings. Desperate for something. He looks at us. Us all, and blaming us, for something we have no control over. Accusing us of letting him die. My nose reaches downwards to bury itself in the black tresses, but it stops, to look at the man as grief ridden as myself.

"Rhoa... He... There was nothing I could do... He wasn't breathing when he came out." My voice trembles, like it would break at any moment. My head pulls away curling against my chest, and my eyes close, trying to hold myself together. I had to be strong. But I was destroyed. How do you glue glass with missing pieces? I would never be strong again. I would bend and break easily.

I wasn't scared. I had moved past that. I was tired, and hurt. I was ready for it to be over. I was ready to give up. I could lay down and never get up again. Teary eyes opened to look at Rhoa. Pleading with him to stop. He had to stop. I couldn't take it. His pain and my own was just to much. Rhoa the last, and Glacia the broken.

"Vidar.... His name is Vidar... He would have been perfect..." My eyes looked at the silent child, and the saddest smile hinted at my lips. "He is perfect... Rhoa... He's. I... I'm so sorry..." My head swings to the mare who felt my pain. "Take Kvasir... You can care for him. I can't. He deserves more than a husk as a mother... He deserves a better life than I can provide." The plea is desperate, as desperate as the look in my eyes.

Please. I can't take care of him. I can't do it. We can't do it.

But maybe it's the plea of a mad woman. A woman being already driven mad by grief. Maybe they wouldn't agree with me. But they weren't the ones who had to live with the failure. They where not the ones who would be emotionally dead to their child. I couldn't do that to him. Gods, I couldn't do that to my own flesh and blood.

"Speech goes here."

Glacia
Slow down, it's a science
Credit

@Ilios
@Ivezho
@Ahvelyn
@Rhoa
@Mauja (is he still wants to appear. If not, ignore meeee)

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
IVEZHO

Time stood still.

Ivezho felt the girl's gentle touch to his wing, he felt the waves of grief washing over them, through them, he felt the residual numbness that followed. For a handful of moments, it was just them, standing, grieving, watching the foals, both living and dead, that laid before them.

And then time sped up again.

Ivezho vaguely recognises Ilios, and with a vacant stare he receives the stallion's words. A crack, a twitch, and Ivezho is frowning at the stallion, wanting to bite and kick and tell him to fuck off with his worldly advice and perfect solution. No, no, it wasn't that easy - and he could see that Glacia was crumbling too, that she wasn't coping with the words uttered in a foolish, poorly timed attempt at comfort. He wanted to support her, to hold her, to be her anchor but -

He was shoved aside.

He let himself be pushed away, though perhaps his ears flicked back at the intruding mare for a moment. But she threw most of her attack at Ilios, saying things Ivezho wanted to but that his tongue was too heavy, too weighed down with the grief of the moment to craft himself.

Then Rhoa came.

Like a dark beacon, his wings lit his path and his form fell from the skies unceremoniously, like his sons before him. Ivezho heard his words too, they boomed and quaked, they raged and demanded. Ivezho could only look, sadly, emptily, at his brother. What else could he do? He was no healer, no miracle worker, he could not call back a spirit from whatever lay beyond, he could not breathe life into the lungs of one who never breathed at all.

He remembered the day he was born then, with a sudden vivacity that shocked him.

He remembered Rhoa, and the struggles he made to breathe. He remembered the healer, who came and breathed life into those damaged lungs.

But this foal, this Vidar was never going to breathe.

"Ilios," Ivezho croaked sharply, turning to the teal-dipped steed with a harsh stare. "Time to go," he ordered in a voice that allowed no refute. Ivezho knew that Ilios meant well, but his presence had caused nothing but more tension in a situation that was tense enough.

"I am these children's uncle," he said again, addressing the masses, "and I intend on being there for the life of Kvasir. Anything you need that I can give, is yours." He made the offer sincerely, to the mares present. It was not his place to make any further decisions, or have any further input on the child's life.

"Rhoa-" he said, stepping towards his brother at last, reaching out to touch him, to embrace him, if he wanted it. Ivezho would stand there as long as was needed, holding his brother, weeping with him, if that was what was needed.

There was nothing else he could do.

"I'm sorry, gaezo." There was nothing else he could say.

Coding by Tamme

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
"No."

The cold voice curled out from dark lips, white breath pooling like a threat of violence in the midst of devastation. Everything was all wrong

And they wanted to make it even more wrong. They wanted to destroy things even further. They painted this world in black and fucking stark white, rifts like prison bar patterns sundering his view. Every edge, every contrast, stood out starkly; every movement burning in his brain, demanding reprimand, retributionvengeance.

He barely even knew who was here, despite having met most of them before. There was Glacia, weeping next to Rhoa, who screamed in denial about healers, and Rhoa's brother being useful, and Ilios, and some mare he had never seen before. Her long, blue hair covered the living child, the one who struggled to stand, the one who was not fed because his mother was in shambles—

Because his brother was dead—

And it took a mammoth effort of control to not scream like a banshee and impale everyone on ice spikes.

But his rage was silent—his fury a blue blaze in his eyes.

And with the confidence of gods he strode out from the surrounding forest, shadow and ice come to claim what was his—what was theirs, this obscure family spanning leagues and differences. And there were two things here, which should not be here. There were two strangers. There were two useless bags of meat soaking up the sorrow.

Mercilessly, Mauja attempted to shoulder Ahvelyn aside, to take over her place as guardian of the newly born child. "Get the fuck away from my grandson," he told her harshly, voice as frigid as his eyes; they narrowed as they glared down at her from his icy heights. "Now." And his lips curled back to bare the faintest hint of teeth.

[ @Ilios ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable

My young brain just couldn't comprehend what was going on.

Another joined us. Another man. Big as well. He lifted his wing to me, causing another joyful and frantic flapping of wings. Yes! Yes! I want to use these!!! He is soon speaking to her, and my small face turns to watch her reaction to the strange noises he made. Her ears quickly press against her skull, but she says nothing. Oh no, that comes from the other lady.

The snapping of teeth catches my attention as she separate's mommy, and the glowing guy. She seems very aggressive to me, but her aggression is shown towards the green tinted man, and a nasty look is given to the glowing one.

Her voice is sharp, and like a whip towards the green man, and I wonder what the green man had said that deserved such a lashing. And hell, I didn't even understand what she was saying. But her tone said it all. Whatever it was, it was the wrong thing. She soon turns to mommy. Her voice changes, and it is soft. Whatever she says then, makes mommy cry. Not because what she might have said was mean... But it seemed sad. Her tail is draped over me like a blanket now, and my head turns to look at the blue, a little muzzle reaching over to play with it, and nibble it gently. Soon I was lifting my wings under it and watching with wonder as the tresses would gently fall.

But yet again I couldn't enjoy this peace. The voice is loud, booming. This time I am startled enough to move upwards, and halfway stand, my head and eyes looking around worriedly.

What the heck!

The newest comer (why do they keep coming?), was dark, and he is soon screaming about something (a healer?). But his name is repeated. Over and over. Mom says it... The glowing man says it... "Rrrhwwwwoooah"

The word slips from my mouth, before a delighted giggle erupted from my muzzle. Maybe I could try standing now? Shakily I try pushing myself up, trying to follow mommy. She was going to him, and she seemed sad. Why was she sad? She had me!

She is speaking now to the blue and black mare, and there is a weird look in her eye as she does so, but I am only half paying attention. I have an ache and I am trying to stand. I almost don't notice the spotted creature that also appears, and (rather aggressively) moves towards my current location. He is trying to move away the blue lady with the tail, and his voice is gruff. I have reached my standing point and in an attempt to protect the lady with the pretty blue tail I launch myself towards his leg. However, I find myself promptly on the gorund again, and an irritated hurumph and exasperated sigh pushed through my small soft lips. Expectantly I look back towards mom, despite my predicament of being under the rather scary spotted stallion. I doubted he would do much anyways.

"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
put a gun against his head
pulled my trigger, now he's dead
mama, life had just begun
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, ooo
didn't mean to make you cry

Notes:
[color=#000000][size=x-small][font=monospace]

@Ilios
@Rhoa
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
The stallion stood quietly for a few moments before speaking his thoughts. Silver eyes turned back tot he flapping colt a kind smile on his face as he watched the babe. He was a beautiful hybrid grey dashed with white. The sound of hooves drew his head up ready to defend the babe. Nothing would harm the colt as long as he was around. Children meant everything, the life of a child was the most precious thing in the world. They were the future and he would not allow anyone to prey upon that. Ears slammed to his golden skull as he braced to meet the threat head on. To his surprise the mare went after him teeth snapping inches from him. Even as the surprise washed through him he refused to flinch from her warning. She was much taller than himself, oddly colored and very pissed off.

Forcing his young battle ready body to relax was much harder than he had expected. Settling between relaxed and tense as hell, he listened to her words. Pain lashed his tender heart at her words. He was sure a mare would have known what to say. Words were so tricky. He knew what he had said was right, but... But what? Confusion flickered, but he held the mask his mother had once worn, tightly upon his face. He accepted his lashing willingly trying to learn the lesson she was subconsciously teaching him. Taking a deep shaky breath the stallion addressed the clearly pissed off mare, "I have not lost a child, I in no way understand the loss that she feels. I'm merely looking out for the living." Silver eyes shift passed the screamer to the crying mare before sliding back, moist with the tears he would not shed. "I meant no offense Miss." His voice was a mere whisper, just loud enough for the banshee to hear.

Silently he watched her wonder away his heart was in tatters for the family, but the boy still needed his mother. He needed her more than she him. Worry flickered over his eyes as he stepped back a few paces allowing the group room. Thoughts of leaving already flickered in his mind. He had no right to be here, there was nothing he could do; except cause more pain. He was about to leave another came barreling from the sky. The stallion was screeching as well, yelling about a healer. His heart snapped once all together, but he staid silent backing away slowly. Then Ivezho was ordering him to leave. His blood ran fire hot as he stared at the stallion longing to tear him down. How dare he order him around? Instead she swallowed hard, fighting the burning need to kick his head in. A short swift nod and he turned to leave. 'If he ever does that again, I'll put him in his place.' His thought were violent images of the battle he longed for at that moment. He paused just out of sight as another came hurtling out of the trees. He was white spotted with black, and horn of ice. He watched for a moment as he demanded the mare away from his grandson. Sighing heavily the stallion took off at a gallop. He would have to think long and hard on what all had happened.

Speech
Words;; 556
OOC/Tags;; @Ahvelyn Sorry it's so late! Ilios is out and very confused
ilios

If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.}

You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

[Sorry, I thought it was weird to skip over Jen, but -shrug-]

...he wasn't breathing when he came out..

Her words settle upon my like raindrops on an already frozen mind. I feel them, but they are far away, distant, muffled. What does it matter if he wasn't breathing when he came out? I vaguely wonder, stroking the thought as if through a fog. I wasn't breathing when I came out, either. That didn't matter. He could still be saved. All he needed was a healer -

She says his name - Vidar - and for a moment i'm stupified. How could ... how could my son have been named, and then have died (or was it the other way around?) all before I arrived? Shakily my gaze swung, drunkenly, to those assembled.  There was a heat in my eyes, a scathing accusatory stare, meant for each of them, as if it was their collective fault that Glacia had done so much of this without me. As if it was their fault that she had to.

I'm sorry, gaezo. Ivezho's words. But why was he sorry? All the boy needed was a healer, and why wasn't anyone getting him one?! Why were they all just standing around?! My mind wouldn't accept that he was dead, and that there was nothing I could do. Seconds ago I had no paternal instinct, and now I was practically drowning in it, made self-righteous in my anger and my demands by the lives spilled on the ground before me.

Take Kvasir... You can care for him. I can't. He deserves more than a husk as a mother... He deserves a better life than I can provide.

Before I could mumble, healer again, Glacia was speaking. She had moved past the death of the boy, his perfection and the lack of aid any of us could provide for him now, to shuffling the living twin away. In this moment, I realized that I didn't know Glacia at all. My eyes grew wide in horror, and the mounting and immediate panic and rage within my breast was suddenly given voice by someone behind me.

Get the fuck away from my grandson.

I took respite in that voice - a voice I knew as Mauja and now considered some sort of bizarrely formed ally. For a moment I thought I would be alone in what seemed to now be a battle of custody - a battle I hadn't even known I would have to wage. Knowing that I wasn't, gave me the seconds I needed to dip my head towards another voice who had addressed me. The living twin.

"Rizh" I breathed towards him, and the word sounded strange on my tongue. Son. And then I used the name Glacia had given him."Kvasir." Which sounded equally as foreign.  My muzzle pressed against the softness of his newly formed skin, and I exhaled warmly and deeply against his little body. 

Without raising my eyes from my child - my son - I spoke. 
"No." My voice was forceful and calm, despite the nearly hysterical tone it had taken on just a few moments prior. "If he will not stay with Glacia, he will come with me, to the Throat. Nearly all of his family on my side resides there and -" For a moment I paused, considering something before speaking. "And we are on good terms with the rest of the herds." 

My gaze hadn't left Kvasir's, and the warm pulse of my embering wings glowed against his body gently. "You are, of course, welcome to come live in the Throat as well, Glacia." I offered, almost as an after thought. If she was so cavalier about giving the babe up, then surely she wouldn't want to follow us into a new home. But, the offer was open, should she wish it. 

rhoa
these seconds when i'm shaking leave me shuddering for days