the Rift

[PRIVATE] Time Away, Time Alone.... I mean, together?

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

AMANI

So much lately, I have been around others. I haven't really had a moment to myself. That is, until now. I couldn't take it anymore. The meeting on the edge of the Throat sands had been the last straw. No sooner than I had made my escape back into the herd, I was off. With a running start and a push from my hind legs I took to the sky. My wings extend without thought or intent. I just needed to get out of here. To get away for just a little while.

I soar in and out of the clouds for the longest time. The coolness of the air helps to clear my head. I decide to head back to where everything truly began for me, the Heart Caves. I had arrived as a child, barely able to be on my own. Helovia had been dark, like nighttime all the time. I remember being afraid, but at the same time sure that I was supposed to be here.... Now, I am not so sure. For years I have wandered this place. For years I have been alone. Sure I have friends. But I have never found the family that I was supposed to find. I am beginning to doubt I ever will.

Just as easily as I took off, I land. The click of my hooves against the cold stone is almost soothing. Not that the sound of sand under my hooves wasn't... It just meant that I had responsibilities to handle as well. Ones that clearly I have never held that well at all. Maybe I should just stay here. Stay here, in the caves. Become an outcast. After all, what do I have to lose?

"speech

@Bucephalus

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

They had drawn closer to this 'Dragon's Throat', he and Sikeax, although her abominably slow pace had him practically frothing at the mouth. He couldn't fault her for her lack of wings, but the relentlessly glacial progress they had made could drive a stallion to madness. Not that he wasn't already there, mind, although he still couldn't quite come to terms with what the horned(that... took some getting used to) mare had claimed was a companion, and not in fact the subject of his insanity. Regardless, the pace had swiftly bored him, and whenever they halted for the day he was off, wings carrying him to places his hooves could not.

It was on one of these little excursions that he found it. A pit of broiling lava, the heat powerful enough to be felt even in the air(and made quite a few fun thermals that he played with), and another winged horse.

Hallelujah!

Honestly he hadn't given much thought to what it'd be like if this 'Dragon's Throat' had only those like Sikeax, and he hadn't had the thought to ask her about it prior.

Anyway, back to the... the pegasus had disappeared. Blinking in startled surprise, the stallion swooped lower, away from the thermals as he circled, searching for sign of the other winged creature. Azeeza whistled past, easily finding the crevice to the caves far better than he could. The black descended, landing upon the stony floor and gazing into that narrow passage, the feathers between his wings ruffling in agitation.

Oh, he was curious indeed... but wasn't too sure about going underground. He hesitated there, shifting and swaying in place with his indecision before he charged forward, hooves clopping on the stone. So much for silence and subtlety. Azeeza chose to remain outside, wheeling in the sky above as vigil as her bonded descended into darkness.

It took him a few moments to adjust to the sudden darkness and cool air, and once he did the other pegasus came into focus, and he approached, ears pricked. "Now what is a beauty of the sky doing in the dank earth?" He questioned, shifting that his bulk wasn't barring the exit, in case she fled. He would rather not be trampled by a skittish mare, not in the dark and narrow space of this cave.

Bucephalus the Morningstar
My revolution carries me... 
My revolution sets me free... 
credits :: table

@Amani

Pixel by Aud

Emily

AMANI

The darkness of the caves comforted my shy soul. It's not that I dislike the light and sand of the Throat. That is the home of the God I have worshiped all my life. It makes sense for my to live out my days there. But at the same time, after being around so many for so long... The quiet and darkness that the caves gave allowed me to relax. The click of my hooves against the stone floor became a sweet rhythm to my ears. So much so, that I failed to notice that mine were not alone. So of course the voice that was suddenly behind me well, startled the hell out of me.

"Now what is a beauty of the sky doing in the dank earth? Almost at once I could feel my magic flowing freely in my veins. I could use it to by myself time... I spun around, slightly to fast. I stumbled, but recovered as gracefully as I could. It was almost a bowing motion, which given who was standing there would of almost been fitting. I was not prepared to see the stallion that stood before me. "Bucephalus." The tone of relief and surprise was clear in my voice. After all I am here alone. He even had left space for me to run. Would he remember me? After all it has been a long time since we had delivered news to the Basin together. Or been at any herd meeting that is. But the gold and black stallion had been, what was the word Gaucho used a few times? I don't remember. But he was family. Part of the Throat.

However with my own shy personality I nervously, shift backward. After all I could be wrong and this wasn't him at all. Just someone who looked familiar. Shift my weight back and forth, left to right. Do I run? I needed the alone time, but what if the company of just one other was also something I needed. Memories flood my mind of patrolling the caves with Cera. It was the first time he seemed to realize I wasn't a child anymore. I want to be seen as an adult. I want to well, be wanted.... "I come to think, clear my head... What brings you here?"

"speech

@Bucephalus

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

The black watched in amusement as the mare spun, recovering herself with a graceful bow that he returned with a dip of his head, lips curling in a wry smile. Now this was most certainly an interesting way to be gree-

Bucephalus

... Really? She knew his name as well? Did everyone know his name?

"You mate. A lot. Was good man in Throat, many know name in desert. Call you Morningstar." Azeeza was far too smug and amused by the stallion's irritation at this new information. How ridiculous was it that he was named 'The Morningstar'? His ears pinned back just the slightest as he digested this, golden eyes regarding the mare before him, trying to draw memory forth at the sight of her face.

But neither he, nor Zee, really recognized her.

His keen eyes noticed her shuffling, the subtle nuances of her skittishness, and once again his smile returned, and he shifted further to the side to give her room. "Now we have quite the problem here... You know my name, yet I do not know yours." His head tilted, and he braved a step closer to her, pausing at her question.

"I was following you, I thought it strange that someone with wings would go into the ground." He grinned, unfurling a wing slightly to gesture around them. "Now there are two winged creatures in the earth. Shall we take this discussion topside?" Not that he'd ever admit it but... being underground, being here surrounded by stone... It had his back twitching, his feathers rustling with anxious movements at the confinement.

No longer giving her a chance to agree or not, the stallion gestured with a toss of his head for her to follow as he turned, ascending up the crevice, hooves scraping the stone for purchase until finally... fresh air, the breeze in his mane and feathers. For a moment he soaked it in, then moved aside that his company might follow. Azeeza alighted upon his withers once he was as still as he ever could be, her golden eyes ignoring everything but their surroundings, keeping watch for them both.

Bucephalus the Morningstar
My revolution carries me... 
My revolution sets me free... 
credits :: table

@Amani

Pixel by Aud

Emily

AMANI

His ears pinned back, and I wanted to run almost at once. My entire body in fact tensed as if ready to do so. Apparently he could tell as he shifted to the side a bit more to give me the room to run past. That's where he was wrong. If I was going to run, i'd run into the caves not out of them. But then he spoke again and I was reassured that my memory of the gold and black stud was correct. "Now we have quite the problem here... You know my name, yet I do not know yours." I sighed softly. "My name is Amani." I feel bad that he doesn't remember me, am I really that easy to forget?

Mentally, I can feel myself spiraling down. I want to cry. I want to just lay down and cry and never get back up. But I can't do that. I need to find my family. I want to start a family of my own. But he speaks again and I feel my mind just caving in to his suggestion. "I was following you, I thought it strange that someone with wings would go into the ground." I should be alarmed that he was following me, but his grin keeps me from reacting at all. He gestures with his wing and all I can think about was being tucked safety under the wings of my parents and Cera. "Now there are two winged creatures in the earth. Shall we take this discussion topside? He doesn't give me a choice as he turns and moves up and out of the cave.

I follow him, why I do not understand but I do. My safety was in the caves. I am not a talented flyer. I never have been as I had to teach myself to fly. So if I decided to bolt and the Morningstar gave chase... Well he would have me fairly easily. A part of me wanted to be worth enough to be chased and pursued. My hooves dug in and pulled me from the darkness of the cave and back into the light. I should feel safe here. After all, the light was from the sun, which was given to us all by the God of the Sun himself. "So, now what?" I flicked my tail slightly and, oh crap. It may not be BirdSong but I knew the smell of my own heat all to well. Guess it had arrived earlier. Explains why I am so moody lately. But now, would he notice the smell too?

"speech

@Bucephalus