the Rift

[PRIVATE] We Finally Made It

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

Steely eyes watered as she dragged herself across the frosted landscape. Her tail hung lame behind her, the lily white tassel dragging and filthy from her exhausting trip back from the Endless Blue. Halfway up her lionine appendage, an obvious break disrupted its smooth curve. Dirt and sand was ground into the deep lacerations, the injury rimmed with red and infection. Across her hip, an angry burn had singed the fur, the skin beneath the black swollen and vivid pink. The corporal had met with one of her soldiers for a friendly spar, and she left with mementos that slowed her pace and hurt worse with every step.

She passed under the Sentinals as she entered the valley, not paying any attention to their looming yet crumbling forms. She cut through the accumulating snow, the coolness therapeutic against her injuries, but not nearly soothing enough to stop her path northwards. The star girl had one goal in mind, and her destination was nestled in the northernmost corner of the Basin's landscape. It seemed to take ages before she finally entered the cavern that held the natural commodity, and when she finally entered shelter from the frigid temperature, it was clear her journey had been worth it.

Hooves clattered as she circled the pool, steam rising off of the surface as the heat met the chilled northern air. She had been meaning to come to this place for ages now, but had vowed to travel to the place with a dear friend. She and Enna for a short time seemed to be tethered at the hip. The healer was nearly polar opposite to the corporal. But despite their differences, Ki'irha felt at peace when her friend was around. Ki'irha blamed herself for their recent distance. Seasons ago, the star girl had slipped from Helovia, retreating into the world she came from in search for her brothers. The loneliness that consumed her pulled her away from her home, sent her seeking what was familiar. Her search was fruitless, and when she returned, she found herself lonelier than before she had left. She had seen Enna briefly several times, but the occasions were too intermittent to satisfy her need for closeness to another soul.

She winced as she waded into the pool, hoping to calm the aching and clean the injury. She couldn't bear to look at it and see the infection that was beginning to take hold. She didn't want to bother the healers with such an insignificant injury, at least what she believed to be so. But the warrior was stubborn, and ignored the true seriousness of the broken bone and torn meat. The blue sighed, sinking into the spring, legs folding neatly beneath her. The warmth seeped into her muscles, and she watched as some of the sand and muck drifted from her tail.

Eyes flickered shut, and her ears twisted back as she relaxed, allowing the springs to provide their natural remedy. Still, she couldn't help but feel as though her journey here was missing an important piece, and hoped, perhaps, the stars would align and she would no longer walk her path alone.

Talk
OOC:: @Enna
Look! A hot springs thread!
I sang a lullaby by the waterside and knew,
If you were here, I'd sing to you.
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
like punching in a dream, breathing life into a nightmare

“Ama, when will I get to see the ocean?” His insistence breaks the silence of the cavern, the rustle of his body as he moves to gaze at you prompting a knowing glance, a soft smile. “I can’t help but feel like we’ve been over this before.” An audible groan leaves him as his bright eyes still heavy with sleep roll. “But I am older, and and,” insert proud puffing of chest here “I am strong. You’re always talking about it and… I want to know what it’s like. I’m tired of all of this snow, every day it’s snow, snow, and more snow.” You press your nose in to his chest just hard enough to cause a wobble, giggling at the scowl of utter anger that your son conjures up. It is a far cry from the terrifying thing he meant it to be.

“Snow isn’t so bad. You can build stuff out of it, and it keeps us cool in the summer when even the beach might as well be an oven and…” His face only loses the humor it didn’t possess in the first place, sinking it in to a glare. You shrug, beginning to pick yourself up from the floor. “It stops us from having to garden to make the place look pretty too, that’s probably the best part.” He nearly trips over himself as he rushes from the mouth of the cave to get away from you, stomping his feet extra hard as he steps in to the snow as if to prove a point. Easily you close the distance, kissing the space between his ears gently. “I promise we’ll go soon, okay, baby?”

He only mumbles in response, something that you do not catch as she slips by in front of you towards the springs. It is unmistakable, the way she limps, drags herself within the snow. For moments you are too stunned to do anything, only watch as she struggles. It has never gotten easier, even in knowing that you can help, to see a friend suffer. Without a word to Etziel, confident in his competence enough to believe that he will follow, you turn and bolt for the healer’s cave, scrambling to gather anything that might even be remotely helpful. It is only seconds until you are satisfied with your collection and move to find her again.

“Oh, Ki,” your brows furrow as your eyes trace along the length of her body (slowly, as if your mere gaze could burst her in to flames, should you be too careless), bruised and broken, watch as the water fills itself with her blood. You grasp to understand all of the unimportant things—the whys, hows, whos—but you don’t want to know. You don’t want to know, don’t want to know because every time words have come from your mouth you have regretted it; because every time you have asked and hoped and said and done, nothing but heartache has been given. And so the words die, your tongue twisted with the taste of bile that has accumulated in the back of your swollen throat, your eyes clouded with the tears you have always cried.

You only find your place next to her, forgetting the herbs you had gathered, the solutions you had thought up, forget the boy that had been following you, who now stands quiet just out of reach, the rest of the world, pulling yourself close as you wrap your neck around hers, embrace her altogether too tightly, your face burying itself as much as it can within her swan-white hair. Without asking, without warning,  from within your aching chest your magic sparks to life, its energy electric as it swarms through your veins, willing it along her body, with only the intent to soothe, to fix, to erase all of those hurts ingrained in all of the places that they would never belong.

fantasydesignstock | meihua-stock | landkeks-stock

@Ki'irha

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death