the Rift

[OPEN] Water stops flowing [Archi]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The last time she had ventured here had been to wage war on its people - the last remnants of Midas the Gallant. Even the name sat bitterly on her mind when she thought of his selfish refusal to join her sister. That wasn't love, no matter what he claimed. Love was jumping from the highest power to the poorest low, realizing that riches were found only in the arms of the other half of your soul. Love was leaving everything behind to be able to wake to eyes that swept you asunder in a single breath.

Normally other's problems belonged to them, and she didn't get involved. But Ktulu was her sister, her flesh and blood. She would tear down armies and commit murder in cold blood for her sibling without thought or hesitation. There was no question in her mind, and thus the fact that her thoughts were only bitter showed that she had let go of some of the anger she held toward the now-dead pegasus. He couldn't rise again to hurt anyone else, and she took satisfaction in that at least.

Ophelia gazed out, having some difficulty finding the entrance in this weather. She had been inside before, lead inside actually. Her tactics to breach this maze of a land had been good, and thus she was more aware of the hidden places than most. Finally, she laid eyes on it and let herself in, hoping that Archibald still lived here. If not, she could be in trouble, but it was a risk she was willing to take.

There, just inside the thick trees, she gazed out over frozen waterfalls, finding she liked this land much better this way. Even Tinek seemed relatively calm, and he landed on her back, sitting there peacefully as they let their thoughts flow freely between them.

"This winter breath, taste of death
Where iron meets flesh. we'll take it all"

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

@Archibald

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus knew something of love.

At least, she thought - hoped - she did. Cirrus had joined the Falls for many reasons - she had been on a journey where she had had to rediscover herself, to face the truth of her broken self - and realise that perhaps she wasn't as broken as she once was. Perhaps time enough had passed that the wounds had finally begun to scar over, that the pieces of her soul that were shattered and scattered had formed something resembling a whole once more - she was not perfect (who could ever claim to be so anyway?) but she was better.

Frostfall had paled the lands, muted the colours. Cirrus had been here before when Birdsong had coloured the lands vibrant greens and browns and colours - now it was as if someone had sponged the saturation of the lands without missing a single leaf, a branch, a blade of grass. The cloudmare herself was even muted - rainbows were not a common sight in these wintry times, and so her coat reflected nothing more than the heavy, snow-pregnant clouds that ruled the skies above.

It was a habit of her past, to scout the borders of her land - to patrol, to protect. Cirrus knew the Hidden Falls better from the skies above than the ground - though she would learn both equally well given enough time. But her position in the skies above gave her a clear advantage, an overview of everything - and since the herd meeting, she was able to identify most of those within her herd by sight alone. It was a comfort, to know them by face and name, even if nerves and time barely allowed her to know more than that. Soon, she promised herself, I will learn more about each of them.

So when she spied from the clouds above, a figure almost invisible against the snow below except for crimson streaks and the curious glitter of silver, Cirrus descended from her heights and landed with some aplomb in the path of the unicorn, creating waves of ivory ice and powder moving outwards from her battle-hardened form. Eyes the deep hue of a glacier turned to view the mare - Cirrus had been ready to question her harshly, to press her for answers (- Who are you and why are you here? -) but she paused as she actually looked at the figurine, and considered her.

It had been a rainy night, cold and unforgiving - and the storm that had raged inside Cirrus had been almost as bad as the storm that had raged all around her at the time. It had been years ago, when the wounds on her soul had been fresher, and she had been lost, on the cusp of choosing whether to stay within Helovia or to leave forever - it had been this mare's words that had catalysed her staying.

It had been this mare's words that had led her here, this many years later.

"I know you," Cirrus said simply, shifting her weight as she considered this - what? Intruder? Enemy?

Friend?

with love, Cirrus
lunarblues & larfsalot @ deviantart
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
    Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
    Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
    Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
    Just the beating of hearts, like two drums in the grey.

Archibald the Dauntless

& Loretta the Fierce

Ophelia.

The name, the word, was simple. It rang through Archibald's mind, pressed there by his companion. The Dauntless lifted his impressive head, his steel-clad hoof stopping in midair. He had been digging through the snow to graze, and Loretta had been off the hunt. The pair was stopped in both of their efforts to fill their bellies, however, when the malamute's vision danced on the unicorn hybrid so closely colored to her. The dog trotted out from the snowy underbrush toward the once-queen before the pegasus dropped from the sky. Her maw opened, tongue rolling out of the side and over deadly teeth. The calm, nearly happy look that painted her face was supposed to be a welcoming sign to the Amaranthine. She was always welcome within these borders, and the malamute knew that well.

As Cirrus dropped from the sky, Loretta sidestepped away, though she put herself between the clouded roan and the grey. Loretta was ready to defend Ophelia against anyone who chose to do her harm. The Amaranthine and the Dauntless were bound by history, their friendship sealed with a lovely wax that would be hard to break. The loyalty in the cur's heart lay toward the one she knew well, even though the pegasus was a member of her master's herd. Loretta lowered her head, eyes narrowed some. "Stand down, Cirrus. Everything is calm." Archibald's deep voice rumbled as his massive shoulders split the snow-covered brush he stepped through. Snow fell heavy and wet to the ground, making a loose thudding noise. The behemoth nodded his incredible crown to the pegasus. "Thank you for your diligence." He commented, hoping to boost her will to continue to protect these lands.

Loretta's posture straightened, but she did not move from between the pegasus and the hybrid. Golden eyes swept down toward her momentarily, before moving up to place themselves calmly on Ophelia's mismatched eyes (so like his son's). "What brings you to our borders, Ophelia?" He asked outwardly, though his thoughts spun and weaved only for her mind: are you okay?

art by shady

@Ophelia @Cirrus

Through the ages of time
    I've been known for my hate,
    but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
    for me it's never too late.

please tag me