the Rift

[PRIVATE] devil's tears

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
some call love a thief —
If it weren’t for the Thief trying to keep her mind off of things, she’s probably never leave her cave. She had managed to leave Rein with Johnny and Eldala and decided to avoid the hot springs this time, instead turned her way to the to the greenhouse. Remembering that she had spent some time working on herd projects here during her pregnancy with her son. It had been a bit exhausting, but Rexanna was too afraid to leave the Basin when she grew closer to the end of it for the fear of birthing Rein with no one around to help her. Even when he was born, she was just on the outskirts of the Basin’s borders which was enough to frighten her from ever leaving the Basin during a pregnancy again. And yet she loved her son so much that she had tried to let him spend time with other Basiner’s to keep from her interactions growing stale.

She spent too much time in her own little mental barrage, too much time spent on worrying about Tembovu and her interactions with other men that she couldn’t seem to figure out just what she wanted. Did she want to stay and hide all day hoping that the Elephant King might come search for her? Or did she want to move on and try to find something else? It always appeared to her as if her love was never fully reciprocated the way that she had hoped it would be, and she quickly took note that she had been falling back into her groove she had been in when she first arrived at Helovia’s Threshold. Choosing to sleep with others rather than falling in love with them. It caused quite a stir.

Rexanna breathed a small sigh, watching as the snow covered all of the hard work she had accomplished in making the greenhouses useful again. She moved over toward the edge where she had piled up a few rocks that had fallen from the caves and mountains above, making their lonesome journey to the greenhouse where the golden mare had spent plenty of time trying to clear. She reached down to the pile, brushing the snow away with her cream muzzle, hide twitching with the cold snow that fell before her during this early morning. The aurora had just begun to fade and the sun began to rise, hardly noticed behind the clouds that surrounded the sky the pelted her home with a never ending winter.

"Talk."
— but she’s my home,
she’s a part of this broken heart.
image credits

@Öde
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu
ÖDE
Had it really been a year since last he'd properly seen her? Roughly he thought by way of excuse in case he was wrong, but he was certain it had been a half a life time since his first stare upon her lustrous hide. She'd been new then, him too, and he wondered faintly just how much had grown and changed since then.

Helovia had, with the god battles, and his scars with them. Her belly had grown and shrunk again, but it was hard to tell that much beneath her winter fluff and the entrancing curve of her hips. Why, she even sparkled. That was her jewelry, which in all honesty he thought was rather useless, but it was pretty and maybe that was use enough.

Intrigued Öde moved towards her, abandoning his search for browse among the snow drifts. A more gentlemanly horse might have saved her a few choice morsels to bring as a gift or good faith - it seemed like something Erebos would do. As it was though Öde finished his mouthful on his saunter over to her, oblivious to the notion of her possible hunger while his still gnawed faintly. Still he practiced his manners and proffered a smile as he drew upon her.

"Did you make this?" he asked, stupidly, as he halted near her snowy pile of rocks alongside the glass structure. He flicked his gaze towards it, attempting to appreciate it while all the while not knowing what it was. She seemed to respect it, and he knew craftsman took pride int heir work. He did find crafting useful, but a glass house hardly seemed it. "Do you live in it?"

Curiously his head tilted to the side, his lion's tail swinging back and forth between his legs like a predatory cat.

[sorry I feel like that post was horribly boring, will get better!]
I have become DEATH
the destroyer of worlds.
image credits

@Rexanna saw you liked to be tagged :3 I don't need any more tags though please, thanks!
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

rexanna
some call love a thief —
After the mare had brushed away part of the snow that gathered upon her little pile of rocks, she lifted her head to give a slight glare to the clouds – noticing that the never ending snowfall had begun to drizzle her pile of rocks with another blanket of snow where she had just pushed it aside. Breathing a small sigh, her gaze landed straight ahead of her, looking upon the walls of the mountains that encased her home and kept her from freezing to death out in the unknown steppe.

Then some movement caught her attention, wishing it away for a brief second until she turned and faced the creature that drew upon her. Öde. She still hadn’t known his name, but he was a familiar face that often worried her almost every time she saw him. It wasn’t a kind of terrified worry, but a more saddened worry. The last time she had spotted the stallion, he had been wounded greatly in Ashamin’s cave during a storytelling. Nevertheless, the stallion smiled to her and it seemed to warm up the Thief’s heart in the slightest. She returned the smile with a small dip of her crowned head, adorned in more gold this time than their previous encounter.

Öde then asked her if she had made this. She followed his gaze to look at the greenhouse as he paused near her stupid precious pile of stones. A slight shake of her head she let out a small laugh. “No, I don’t. I don’t live far away though. It’s a greenhouse, I guess. Not quite useful yet.” She shrugged lightly, lowering her head to the pile of rocks near his massive hooves. “I made this though!” She seemed to grin with a flick of her tail, finding humor within her voice at the small pile of rocks now drowning in the snow.

Rexanna lifted her head back to the stallion, her gaze landing upon him in his massive height in comparison to hers. “It’s been awhile since we’ve seen each other and I still don’t know your name.” She admitted, a smile tugging at her lips as she forced her gaze to almost appear scrutinizing – in a playful way, of course. She wanted to know what the stallions name was, wanting to know what it was that caused him to get so many scars in so many places. What he had been through, what he had seen.

She flicked her tail once again as it began to gather snowflakes in between the ivory and ashen locks. The cold was something she had grown used to, but given the fact there was hardly anything for her to do as of the moment, she spent too much time within her own mind. The Thief began to hope that perhaps Öde would be able to provide a mental solace for her. They seemed like ghosts to one another. They knew of each other but not what each of them did – at least she didn’t, she had no idea what he knew of her – and what kind of things that they’d witnessed and been through. Though, friends were friends, nonetheless. She hoped she’d be able to find a true friend with the scarred man.

"Talk."
— but she’s my home,
image credits

OOC: I do <3 :D Sounds good!

Blu
ÖDE
"It's not very green," he remarked with a frown, unsure if he was the one unable to see what she was seeing, or if she was just the crazy one. Maybe if it was in use and plants were growing within he'd know where the name came from, but empty of all but dirt and snow and it looked like some kind of fragile prison instead.

His attention shifted elsewhere though as she proclaimed what she had made. The red of his gaze flicked down to her pile of stones, unsure what to make of it. Given how proud she seemed of it though, he supposed he ought to act like it was special too. "Wow!" he exclaimed, nearly hearing Erebos' voice as he said it, his little fox of a cousin. "You must be strong after all that work, and with something to show too. Whenever I do work you'd never know it," he grinned, the motion and the compliment coming easy given how cute she looked with that happiness written into her expression. "I hope they're not supposed to be green too," he added as an aside, quieter, still unsure of their importance and this supposed house that was green.

He blew visible air from his nose, clearly out of his depth when it came to crafts.

Thankfully she shifted the topic of the conversation, though it didn't get any easier for him as she pinned him down with a hard stare. He nearly jumped at her words, not because she was unduly cruel, but because he felt awful for leaving her int he dark for so long. Names were important to him, his own especially, so that he'd failed to provide her that service was truly horrifying. "Shit!" he exclaimed, forgetting his manners, again, too easily falling into his more crass nature. The recognition of that made him flush with embarrassment and he was sure he was going to wither up inside his own skin and die, not that it would help any. "You're right. Sorry for my poor manners, I'm Öde," he smiled a crooked sort of smile, "it's a pleasure, Rexanna." He laughed faintly, aware it was too little too late now, but better than never he supposed. He had to admit though, it was fun knowing her name after all this time.

"Do you still pick fights in bad weather?" he asked, reminiscing their first meeting.
I have become DEATH
the destroyer of worlds.
image credits

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

rexanna
some call love a thief —
His comment about the greenhouse not being very green caused her to nod. She could understand that, looking upon the structure. She wasn’t entirely sure what its purpose was as of yet, but it had to have something if it still stood in the Basin. Though when Öde began to speak of her accomplishment in her little pile of rocks, her chest billowed with a bit of pride. Her smile growing a bit brighter as she looked down to her pile slowly covering with snow as the time passed. A small laugh escaped her chest as he spoke of hoping that they weren’t green either, while all the Thief could do was shake her head to say no. They were just typical rocks; monochrome jagged pieces fallen from the mountain side.

However, as Rexanna spoke of not knowing his name, he exclaimed an obscenity, causing her smile to brighten as her gaze softened on the stallion. She shrugged lightly to him as he apologized. “It’s just nice to put a name to a face.” She teased him, yet was surprised as he remembered her name. She dipped her head to him gently, “The pleasure is all mine, Öde.” The Thief grinned to him momentarily before the conversation shifted to their first meeting, another type of giggle escaping her maw. “No, not quite. I did spar a couple of times since our last meeting. One with Erebos and one with the Haruspex.” She paused at the mention of Ashamin, an ear flickering back for a second before she began to continue. “The latter of which had a less than expected result.” She concluded, her gaze sweeping across him again as she flicked her tail away from the snowflakes – doing her best to try and not think about Rein in this moment.

Though as the snowfall began to pick up, she shook the gathering snow off of her golden pelt, her chains clinking together as they slid across her brow. A small puff of air escaping her lips as she sighed, ears flicking in frustration. “But I have learned that doing nearly anything in snow isn’t fun.” Her brow furrowed as her gaze sought his crimson ones.

"Talk."
— but she’s my home,
image credits

Blu
ÖDE
Rexanna had a way of putting him at ease that he rather enjoyed. Not that many had a tendency to set him on edge - not being afraid of dying tended to make one reckless, arrogant, and undaunted, but she specifically made him feel comfortable. It granted her another step of attractiveness that he hadn't noticed until now, and it coaxed a genuine smile to his features.

"Oh?" he asked as she brought up his, what, boss (I guess?). That Ashamin was capable on the battlefield was something Öde had noticed, and he was quickly feeling the competitive drive to surpass his Haruspex in that regard if he couldn't in terms of divine talents (though, admittedly, Öde still considered himself far beyond Ashamin in that regard too - just without the snazzy title). Still, the way she said it, Ashamin or not, made it seem like an interesting tale. He didn't mean to pry, but well, he did try. "What was it you expected then?" His red gaze held her with a mild humor and a glint of curiosity.

Their conversation was assaulted by the weather however, causing Öde's head to turn up and look as he felt the snow melting cold kisses against his pelt. Rexanna seemed similarly plagued, a gentle tinkling rousing his attention back to her. He watched the way her aureate hide rolled back and forth, pulled taut with youth and exercise, adorned with her gold music. "Even talking to me?" he jested with a wolf's grin, giving his own coat a hefty shake. "You said your home wasn't far?" he tried to suggest they move there, which was a perfect chance for him to get to know more about her, but his manners, kept in check for once, kept him from inviting himself there.
I have become DEATH
the destroyer of worlds.
image credits

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

rexanna
some call love a thief —
The stallion before her was a very recognizable face, and one that she remembered to be quite the flirt. It didn’t surprise her that he seemed to pick back up from where he left off at the last encounter, and she watched him with almost a baited breath as he asked what the expected outcome was, and before she could open her lips to respond to him – her eyes locked with his crimson ones, feeling it best to not ruin the mood by speaking of her son. She mentally shrugged it off, looking away briefly with a smile playing on her lips, tugging at the corners in sheepish manner. Almost as if she didn’t want to tell him. “I wanted to win.” She admitted. It wasn’t entirely a lie, but it completely left out the party they seemed to have after as the golden mare bled on the earth just outside of the Haruspex’s cave.

Rexanna watched as Öde’s head lifted to the sky, the snow continuing to fall around them. “Even talking to me?” Her cheeks grew hot briefly as he grinned to her and shook the snow off of his own scarred ebony pelt. She nodded as he spoke of her house, holding her tongue for a few mere moments, eyes glancing over in the direction of her cave. “Talking to you has definitely made my day brighter.” She began, honesty coating her words. “It’s just over the hill there, past the hot springs.” Her voice rang with a slight bob of her head, as if to agree with herself that it was the way to her home.

She moved to him briefly, her head just hovering by his neck for absolute seconds before she turned in the direction of her home and stepping a few paces away from him and turning her head to look to him. “You’re welcome to join me if you’d like solace from this barrage of sad snow?” She grinned to him then, flicking her tail and sending little puffs of snow up into the air from the powdery ground. Her ears flicked to him, her dual toned tail stilling against the ivory blanket as she waited for his answer, almost waiting with baited breath.

"Talk."
— but she’s my home,
image credits

Blu
ÖDE
He watched her expectantly, and for a moment he could see the answer forming in the lines of her face, the folds of her tongue, the corners of her eyes... but then she looked away and something changed, or was hidden. The remnants of the truth were there in the gentle twitch of her lips, like a butterfly's wings opening and closing as it settled, but just like that it flew away and the lie that he knew was a lie came forth instead. He shouldn't have expected anything less from a sneak.

He wasn't made or hurt, just infinitely more curious. What secrets is she keeping? he wondered, his simple question now burying in deeper, especially because it involved Ashamin. My dear mentor, what has transpired between you and her?

The topic shifted, and with a flick of his tail those thoughts drifted into the back waters of his mind, settling like a boat in the moors, due to rub every so often against the dock of his conscious but otherwise tied up out of sight.
She resumes the easy kindness he knows he for, only now that he's had a peek at some other part of her, it's changed the whole of her. He wonders if this is all a charade, if, like his cousin, she is a fox and he, the dumb wolf, can't help but be who he is while the foxes all hide and dance in games he can't understand but is invited to all the same. He grieves the loss of the mare he'd previously known, because she had been beautiful to him - she was like Lena, something he wasn't aware of, something he didn't know he cherished in others, but that gentleness the healer had shown him in his earlier years had created an affection in him for such traits. It didn't mean Rexanna wasn't still gentle, wasn't honestly, gentle, but now he didn't trust it, not the way he could in Lena.

What was Rexanna now? A secret. He sighed inaudibly.

"Ooh, a prime spot," he crooned, a grin peeking through the fox mask he slipped on with a growing comfort. It was easier, he came to recognize, when there was at least a partial truth to the lie one spun. It was a prime spot, but his joy of it was the ruse now, his love for this mare tarnished before he'd even noticed its gleam. A pity, truly.

She came, unbidden, unwanted, her flesh lingering in the space just between them, her whiskers a twitch away from touch. He held his breath, his heavy gaze sliding down to watch, surprised. In a blink the moment was there and gone, as if imagined (was it?), and he was left to play catch up as she moved off. His head turned as she called out to him, already so far past she had to curl back to see him. Still, her grin was a warm invitation, and her tail like a quiet accent as it spun in motion against the curvature of her ass and the gap between her back thighs. Maybe love was ruined now, but the lust was still there, and dangerously close the beast breathed heat in his loins.

His features broke in a broad reply, a grin full of teeth and cheer. He struck out quickly, boldly, anxious to be near her again, to see if that small space between their skin still existed, or if the small gap would continue to shrink. Snow scattered around his hooves as he gave pursuit, due to gain on her given his greater urgency, but also just because he was faster. He stopped hard and sudden, attempting to spray snow at her like a mild, pale, winter wave. He laughed, Sashaying close, an attempt to touch as he took off again, inviting a game of chase where bodies were likely to intermingle and warmth was due to conjure.
I have become DEATH
the destroyer of worlds.
image credits

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

rexanna
some call love a thief —
Rexanna didn’t know what she was doing anymore when it came to men. She felt as though a part of her needed to try and seduce whatever stallion she talked to anymore. As much as she thought she changed upon reaching Helovia and becoming a Thief, she was falling back into her old ways. She had a son now, and many things were changing around her, but despite that she still seemed to need to fill that gap in her life. No matter how many men she chose to sleep with, that hole was still there within her. A gaping abyss of nothing. And it seemed she was trying to stuff it constantly with other men, when she even admitted herself that she knew exactly which man the hole was there for.

But good luck with that, now. She hadn’t spoken to him in weeks, months even. It seemed as though she had been trying to find others to treat her that way without him, but it wasn’t working out. She could at least try. Every male she stumbled across had the height right, the robustness right, but part of her also needed to find out if they were right everywhere else.

As she looked to Öde, she blinked. When she opened her eyes again, he was rampaging toward her. She jumped at the huge change from the massive scarred stallion, but a wild smile crossed his lips. Her eyes widened and a smile fell upon her features as well as he began to stop and her muscles ached momentarily from her frozen reaction to his rampage as she became COVERED in snow. She wanted to shake it off, but then she felt his touch for a second before he took off again. “HEY! If you’re going to touch me at least make it last longer.” She laughed, turning on her hind quarters and taking off after him. He was faster, but she was more agile. The Thief followed his powdered trails of snow, hoping that he would do something that allowed her to catch up. Her hooves beat across the ground as her skin began to ache for his touch again.

Her breath grew heavy as the wind helped push the snow he sprayed at her. “C’mon Öde!” She called after him, her voice hinting on a more seductive note as she seemed to gasp his name, hoping that the sound of that would be enough to catch his attention for her to touch him in return.

"Talk."
— but she’s my home,
image credits