the Rift

[PRIVATE] Brothers of the Heart [Kaj]

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

During the herd meeting, I carefully caught my brother's eye. Had I been listening to the meeting, yes of course. Meetings of the whole herd were always important. I may not always agree with what was being said but this time I did. There was no time to relax and fall behind. This land had seen far to many herds and leaders fall to the wayside because everyone stopped trying. How else would we all be standing here if that was not the case?

But as for Kaj no, we may not be brothers by blood. I was not that lucky like some to have a blood brother. I had been the only boy in a family of girls. The firstborn and only son of two long forgotten names from Isilme. The pegasus that is my Czar and I were brothers on a deeper level. Blood did not bond us together. He and I had been family since the Qian, one of the last few that I could remember that far back who was still alive and around. It seemed like with Mirage's disappearance the family had almost fallen apart, almost. I would never forget that night that I had returned to Helovia with the new of my sisters' deaths. The way the pale stag had greeted me, instantly knowing my pain it had seemed. That night if nothing else had sealed our bond of brotherhood.

But as of late things have kept us so, apart. I have not truly been able to speak with Kaj in a very long time. Now that I think of it, before we invaded the Falls. But today we would change that. There was much to catch up on. With a slight nudge, Alanna wordlessly moved off to go look after Brendan not to far away from us.. Yes, there was a lot of things for us to catch up on.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in." 

Aaron
A Shepherd I Shall Be, For Thee, My Lord, For Thee
Power Hath Descended Forth From Thy Hand
That My Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Command
So I Shall Flow A river Forth To Thee And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
x - x

@Kaj

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Aurelight

The disgruntled faces present at the meeting had Kaj scoffing internally. Of course they do not blame Archibald, it is always I who is demonized for my actions. But there were faces of contemplation, and further characters that still remained loyal at his side and in his heart. Cirrus one of them, returned from his sudden disappearance, reigniting feelings Kaj had buried deep. His head was not so crowded and filled with emotional cobwebs as it had been before Miykael had aided him, but he was no robot. He could not deny that somewhere in his heart he was...fond of her. For he was too hesitant to utilize any other word regarding the situation. His eyes had danced across Brisa for but a moment at that train of thought, for she was still his dear friend. He had not taken off the necklace she'd made him, after all. But he didn't know what else to do, what else to say that had not already been said. He had failed her in a lot of ways, but he was not ready to risk unblocking any memories just yet. Or maybe he was simply the coward she'd claimed him to be, after all.

The eyes that catch and hold purposefully on his own are Aaron's, and the Czar smiles warmly to himself at the sight. A tiny dip of his muzzle - understood - and the meeting moves onward. 

Kaj has not spoken to Aaron in far too long. His brother in arms - the only brother still standing at his side, always drawn back no matter how far he strayed sometimes. They had made it through rough times, especially considering they'd all but hated each other for the first few seasons of their relationship. Kaj knew that no amount of silence would ever break their bond, but that it was time to reunite and speak once more. It was a relief. The world had grown cold and closed around him, his friends few and loved ones fewer. They left and disappeared onto the horizon while he remained, steadfast and rooted to the land beneath him. Always waiting. But they never returned. 

Aaron had returned. And so as the meeting dwindles and they excuse their members to their duties, Kaj glides down the slope on pale wings, seeking out his brother's face in the shifting throng of departing denizens. He is a familiar form, and Kaj lands on a hard stride, wings folding and smile creasing his face as he approaches. "Hallo, broer," he rumbles happily, the language close enough to the Helovian dialect that he is sure Aaron will understand. Especially since Kaj had been calling him brother in his tongue for many years. Muzzle extends without hesitation towards Aaron's, seeking a companionable bump. "Have you been well? We haven't spoken in far too long." They would have to rectify that tonight. 

OOC here
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!