the Rift

[OPEN] Our love is a tragedy | Why is he my remedy

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Hope the wound heals but it never does, that's cause I'm at war with love
Never let a wound ruin me, but I feel like ruin's wooing me
She came here, as she often did, seeking some kind of tranquility. Unsurprisingly matters of the heart were what weighed her today, as it had been nearly every day. She could nearly feel the thoughts unraveling in her mind, like the ends of her being were fraying into oblivion. Perhaps the salt might retie the knots and return her strength. Maybe she could just wash away into sea foam and be rid of it all.

An alarmed sunburst of orange exploded behind her eyes, followed swiftly with a chastising trill of anger. Kygo flew over her head, another thread snapping into un-spun chaos. She shook her head, ears flopping away his sound and a ragged sigh blowing is voice away. "Lighten up, it's only a thought..." and it was, and it had been ever since he melted against her soul. She wouldn't be here without, without Gaucho, a fact which did not escape her, but made nothing any easier either. Sometimes she wished he hadn't been there, but those times were less and less, coming only when she sunk into something darker than midnight.

No, she had decided a while ago, being gone isn't an option. Kygo being gone wasn't either. They were too entwined, their lives balanced in each other, like it or not. She didn't try very hard to protect him, nothing beyond her usual altruism anyway; that their souls were linked did nothing to motivate her defensive nature, if only because she needed to make a point (to who?). She had stopped going out of her way to antagonize him too. He was here to stay, and indifference seemed to instigate something calmer than chasing and biting at him, which seemed to energize him. They still had their moments of course, but he was terrifyingly becoming normal to her.

There went another cord of sanity and self-trust.

A bitter sigh wound from her nares as she wandered down the shore. Kygo, watchful of her mood, had delved into a tree to eat and stay safe from the pelicans and the mean gulls.

As she wandered, her heart pulled back and forth with the waves, slipping across Gaucho and Mesec with a despairing uncertainty.

Ampere

image credits

@Sohalia first please!
@Zenobia

Anyone can join, idk if any of her kids want to come?

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Shit.

Wait, let's rewind.

The Transcended had been wandering, walking vaguely in a direction that would take her away from the Secret Grove (she carefully avoided considering her actions there), gazing at the waves crashing against the shoreline and contemplating her (rather dull-looking) future.  So immersed was she in where she would go and what she would do, now that her life in the Dragon's Throat seemed to be at an end, that she hardly noticed when dirt turned to sand and trees turned to water, and then, out of nowhere, she was there.

And Sohalia came face-to-face with --

"Ampere," she breathed.

So, let's replay:  shit.

Astraeus was hunting somewhere behind her, caught up in the trees that she had left behind; sensing her distress through the bond, he deserted the prey that he had been stalking from above and flew for his bonded, sparks flickering off his feathers.  It took only a moment or two for him to arrive overhead, shrieking his wary greeting, for she had not wandered very far from the zephyr.  She was calmed by his presence, suddenly able to sort through the emotions that raged for attention in her mind.

It was too late to flee; she had been sighted, no doubt, long before she took note of the blue in front of her.  Even if she were to try and avoid the Chancellor, word of her reappearance in Helovia would no doubt reach Gaucho (or would it?), and that was what she had been so desperately trying to avoid.  Her presence would cause only drama and pain, and she could not bear to bring that down on him once again.

But what was she to say?

She opted for, "Good morning," wincing internally at how cavalier it sounded.

"Talk talk talk."
@Zenobia, if you would like, and @Ampere

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Hope the wound heals but it never does, that's cause I'm at war with love
Never let a wound ruin me, but I feel like ruin's wooing me
She sensed something of a presence first, but it was light, subtle, easy enough to brush off as she lost herself to herself. If she was to be jumped and beaten or taken prisoner, it'd be no different fate than the one she'd deliver unto herself, so she was not worried, or was just simply, not aware enough to take notice.

Then the shriek split the sky way, pulling Ampere's focus upwards with a visible jump as her hide twitched with a jolt of surprise. Her blue eyes landed on the zephyr, and even if she couldn't remember his name, she remembered him. She wasn't good with names, but faces, especially of companions, those she never forgot.

Her head turned, bending over her shoulder to look at the pale mare that stood there like a ghost of her past. The sea breeze blew her mane like a dark wave against the slope of her neck, gentle, but tugging, tangling. She inhaled deeply, like a mental or emotional preparation for this unexpected encounter. "Is it?" Ampere asked quietly, "I hadn't noticed." She was softer, both of them were. Sohalia had always been strong in Ampere's mind, even if she did not wear it in the brazen physicality that Ampere did. She seemed more distant now though, more, ruined. Ampere did too; she wore more scars, more creases on her face, more shadows there to dull the vibrancy of her eyes. Maybe it was just age, but it wasn't, it was heart ache.

There was a lot Ampere wanted to say, a lot she could have said. Things like, "are you back now?" "For good?" or "Where did you go?" or "Do you still love Gaucho (does he still love you?)?" but none of them came to her lips, unbidden or otherwise. Instead she just watched the pale mare, the Transcended, and finally managed to rouse something to her tongue. "It's good to see you again." It was too, in as much as it wasn't. Sohalia and she had left on good enough terms, and Ampere had been trying to foster a friendship in the mare, even if her heart had betrayed that and failed to keep Gaucho out of it. That was the not so good part, because what were they now, if not ruined? She had ruined them, again, just like she was always ruining it with Gaucho, whatever it even was - she had never been able to determine that answer. Would he finally grow tired of her games and reconnect with his first love, this pale dove? Was that for the better, making Ampere's choice of Mesec more simple?

The thought of such made her gut clench.
It couldn't be that simple.

Ampere

image credits

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Something was different - or, at least, she imagined that there might be something different about the blue.  Perhaps she was merely looking at the mare through the broken glasses with which she viewed the world that had shattered around her, but she thought that there was something gentler about Ampere, something calmer.  Whatever may or may not have transpired in the past, whatever may or may not have happened in the Transcended's absence -- it wasn't that it didn't matter, because it did (didn't it?).  But in this moment, it simply wasn't as important as it might have been before.

Sohalia had never been able to hate Ampere; in fact, she had grown quite fond of the electric pegasus prior to her impromptu departure.  They were a stark contrast to one another:  where the Transcended was the calm before the storm, the Mother of Companions was the hurricane itself.  Where Sohalia was light, Ampere was dark - except she wasn't, really, not once you got to know her.  She was some shade of grey, some mixture of pure intentions and corrupted deeds.  Weren't they all, in the end?

Astraeus landed on one of the branches overhead, cocking his head to the side as he considered the blue.  The sparks that had flickered from his feathers had slowed as he felt his bonded begin to relax.  He watched from above, concerned, surprisingly enough, for both of the mares.

"And you as well," Sohalia agreed, trying on a smile, surprised to find that it fit.  Relief washed over her, visible in the relaxation of the muscles of her face and the way she eased into Ampere's presence.  She took a few steps closer, reaching out to the Mother of Companions, surprised by how normal the gesture seemed.  "You look..."  'Well' wasn't the right word - there was something off about the other mare, even as she had softened since Sohalia had seen her last.  "...distracted," she settled for, glancing over Ampere.  "Are you all right?"

"Talk talk talk."
@Ampere

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!