the Rift

[OPEN] we make this rockin' world go round [patrol]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

The Sultana soared over high over the churning blue surf that stretch east from her homeland. Below the sea was a deep dark blue (Ampere colored) but scattered with the faces of whitecaps that rose and fell at the whim of the wind. It whipped around, changing direction n a diamond made the flight anything but relaxing and Megaera loved it! She swerved and bobbed, riding the inconstant gusts in a game only the flighted could properly appreciate.

With the twins still tied the ground, Meg didn’t find herself flying nearly as much as she would have wished (though she wouldn’t have traded her precious little ones for all the world) so the time she took to take up a patrol was a bit of a treat for her. Pulling on a lead’s privilege she had elected to scout the eastern archipelago and not having been there before was eager to see the fourth land that Helovians had fought for and won. 

When finally the batch of islands were visible on the midday horizon, Meg turned her head to search for her herdmate. The bay was glad that Nephele was among them at least, and was eager to get to know the woman she had invited to their home. Meg always felt a certain affinity towards other female warriors, but she had been so much occupied in recent months that she had not taken the time to get to know the newer faces in the Dragon’s Throat. She pitched her voice to call above the whistling wind “Nephele, have you been to these islands yet?”

"."
[ooc:: DT Patrol, anyone feel free to jump in and say Hello!] @Nephele @Grusha 

M E G A E R A
knock me out, knock me out
sayin that i want more, this is what i live for

patriota--studios
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
iona
Iona felt the need to get out more.  It was both a selfish need needing to physically remove herself from the Edge for the sake of her own sanity and one tied to her duty to the Edge itself.  She knew there was more going on in Helovia that she should probably be privy to.  And she’d made few attempts to make any sort of connection outside the herd.  So, today found her in less-familiar skies and with a different angry sea unfolding beneath her.  It was something to see. Where the seas off the coast of the sea cliffs were gray and angry, these were every shade of teal and green and blue.  The winds were calmer than she had become accustomed to dealing with having made her home amongst the cliffs, so it was a rather luxurious flight for the painted mare.  But she knew better than to let herself be caught off guard.  Ahead, she could see land – the volcanic islands she had only visited once prior – rising up out of a vivid blue sea. 

Strange that she’d be drawn back to this place, of all places.  This was the island where she’d first encountered Helovia’s gods (one of them, at least) and what they were capable of.  And to think she thought she was coming to a nice, peaceful home chosen by her kind, peace-loving sister.  After what she’d seen unfold here, she still wasn’t sure what the hell to think of this place.  She thought she’d left the constant fighting and holy wars behind her.  Apparently that was wishful thinking. 

She angled towards the beach as land grew larger, slowly descending with only a subtle adjustment in the angle of her wings. She had timed her descent perfectly, landing a few feet from the waters edge, and jogging a few steps with her wings outstretched before slowing her forward momentum and tucking her great wings to her sides.  The island was much as she remembered, but decidedly less crowded this time of year, though she assumed that the island was only accessible to pegasi this time of year.  As if remembering the chill in the air, Iona pulled her wings tighter against her body as if to trap every ounce of body heat from escaping.  The beach was all but abandoned.  The skies, however, were not.  Iona spotted the approaching figures, though she didn’t recognize any one figure in particular.  Still, feeling bold, Iona called out in greeting to the strangers, hoping that her call was strong enough to be heard over the bitter wind.

The truth will set you free.
But first, it will piss you off.
image credits || quote: gloria steinem

Iona's casually crashing. 
@Megaera

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova
The Fury of Fire

To be paired with the Sultana for patrol, was an honor to say the least, and a welcome surprise. It was a hidden ambition to prove that Megaera had not misplaced her trust in welcoming the obsidian coated mare into the Dragon's Throat. That she was worthy enough to stand along the other female warriors and call them sisters, and to fight with the stallions with the same fervor and prove that she should be respected.

She had flown slightly behind Meg in their flight towards the Riptide Isles, large sails catching the wind as her multi-toned hair caught the breeze and whipped against it like banners caught in a storm. Yet, she was no less boring in her aerial prowess. She glided and dived, pulling her wings against her curved frame before they would spread and catch her once more — barely scraping the surface of the tumultuous sea with her hooves, lifting herself back up into the winds more afterwards. Truly, to fly was the very essence of freedom, to be as the wind was. One moment you could be there, and the next, you were but a whisper upon the southern breeze.

Naturally, while she had been looking forward to spending time with the Sultana, the Isles cast a darkened cloud upon her jovial moment of spirited emotions. Meg's question carried easily above the winds and she spurned herself forward with a great heave of her wings to glide alongside her. "I have been here." She confirmed, head tipped so her odd coloured eyes could look at the approaching islands. "I was here when the Tiger Goddess attacked, I fought with the rest of them to defeat her as she attacked the Lord of Earth." That wasn't the source of the bitterness in her tone, she was a warrioress, her very nature was to fight — to protect. She had done so, just as the others had. There had been loss and injuries that day, and while she had not gotten the worse of the injuries (here's were incredibly light in comparison to others, and her mind turned to the porcelain filly of the Edge), it was haunting enough to hear the sickening crunch of bones and the smell of burning pitch.

"I also explored it afterwards." she began, expression on her face darkening to match the bitter tone she had before. "I wanted to inspect the damage and look for anything left after the Rift Goddess had been slain, in case there was more coming or any clues as to why she had come other than her incoherent screaming." She had been minding her own business, so wrapped up in her thoughts and her task at hand, that she hadn't seen what had stalked her to the Isles. "I had been followed here, by a rogue Pegasus." Gull. That was his name, the residual anger bubbled up like magma against charred rock, threatening to split open once more and spill across the earth. "He had intended to steal me away, if Gaucho hadn't shown up. He just might have. Gull, Gaucho said he was called, he's somewhat of a pest I've also been told."

There's a touch of fondness that slipped in, she didn't presume Gaucho's timely arrival had meant anything more than a Sultan protecting his fellow herd member. Yet, Nephele had a weakness for strong warrior types, she might've smacked herself for how horribly cliche her type was when it became painfully obvious. Yet, Gaucho was handsome with his primal instincts and war painted hide. He was made of the very thing the Dragon's Throat was made of — flying on wings of flame and black feather, the Lord of Fire's most favorite.

Tembovu was also another who had caught the fiery mare's eye. A giant whose hide spoke of a land so very far away, muscular from a life of training no doubt, a life that had seen war and something else. Then those deep blue eyes that spoke of storms and calm skies. A King of the Moon's shadowed herd, the protector of all who called her land home.

Sometimes, she didn't feel her age. She felt like a filly experiencing the first tendrils of what love may be, that silly crush that often caught them in youth. Except, Nephele had never been in love, she hadn't ever allowed herself the luxury. Her heart was made of stone and fire, it's gates of wrought iron made to withstand the storms which battered at the door — but oh, how fragile it was in the gentler emotions. It was not yet made for tender touches and gentle words. Stone became Glass, fragile and transparent, waiting in fear for the first crack to appear. Waiting silently for the one that would eventually shatter the brittle walls.

She's pulled from her conversation with the Sultana by the site of a black and white pegasus, whoever it was had landed and it wasn't long before their call reached her ears. They had been spotted, given the weather, it wasn't as if they could hide in the clouds. Her mind instantly flashed to it being Gull, but it did not look like him, or sound like him, so she allowed herself to relax.

"Who is that?" Neph questioned, turning her gaze once more to Meg. Well, there was only one real way to find out, her wings began to pull to her sides as she began her own descent. Swift and nimble as she came to land a small distance away on the beach, hind legs landing before her fronts touched the ground. Her wings remained outstretched for a long moment after landing, only to be pulled to her sides when she began to walk towards the source of her curiosity.

"Hail." She greeted, dipping her head briefly with her words. Nephele eventually stopped a couple steps away, turning to wait for her Sultana to join her.

Love, my territory of kisses and volcanoes.

@Megaera @Iona

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
It seemed Sunspear’s question was not the breezy conversation starter she had meant it to be; Nephele had certainly been to the islands before it sounded, but apparently the warrior’s experiences had been far from plesent. Meg listened with a frown. She had heard the reports of the last opening to the rift and still it raked at her conscious that she had not been there. With the twins newly born at the time she could not very well have left the Throat for more than a few hours and Gwaihir had told her time and again that here was no fault in that, but still she wished she could have been there. She had missed the first battle, had come to find the bloody remains of it and then she had missed the last, and her family had fought and won without her. It was a lucky thing that none of the throat had lost their lives, had the Sultana been met with that tragedy she would never have stopped blaming herself for not being there. Gaucho was stronger than her, was older and more experienced, and God-Blessed to boot, but on the day he made her Sultana she had assumed just as much responsibility as he. “I was sorry that I couldn’t be there, I am glad to have warriors I can rely on.”

Nephele’s next story inspired less guilt on the Sultana’s, but stirred up annoyance and even amusement when by the end there was no harm done. She nodded in approval of the warriors reasoning for returning to the isles, taking note for future reference: this was a sword-sister who took her job of protecting Dragon’s Throat seriously, who would take the extra time and the initiative to be sure that nothing else lurked even after an initial threat had been vanquished. Megaera gave a short and bitter. She’d definitely herd of this Gull before, and felt a familiar angry jolt at the idea that an outcast would dare to target a member of her herd; some were bold enough that it bordered on idiotic. “You’d be a worthy prize no doubt, we women of the Throat are the fairest in the land. I am glad we were able to keep you!” She glanced at Nephele, a humorous glint in her eye to accompany the joke before sobering up. “We have had some trouble recently with outcasts overstepping; you’d think they would think twice before challenging us, especially on their own.  Keep a good eye out, let Einarr or I know if you find any more troublemakers.”

A call sounded in the distance and Meg’s dark eyes fell to the beach below. The black and white pegasus was unfamiliar and Meg shook her head slightly at her herd-sister’s inquiry.  As the black mare dived so did she,  descending through the wild gusts and letting her strong wings carry her back towards the earth. She touched down just after her petrol partner and followed, coming up alongside her as she greeted the stranger. She settled herself on the damp sand, cocking her hip and folding her wings to stand comfortably.  She watched the stranger but did not speak. It was the painted one who had calle them from the skies, let her state her own purpose.

"."
[ooc:: Sorry for the wait!]
@Iona @Nephele

M E G A E R A
knock me out, knock me out
sayin that i want more, this is what i live for

patriota--studios
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::