the Rift

[OPEN] What's this? What's this? There's bodies everywhere

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

Hooves sank into the layers of snow with a mild crunch as frozen crystals were forced to grate against one another. He'd always found the sound somewhat satisfying, and the fresh tracks it left behind. He couldn't place why, but even as a child he'd gone out of his way to prance in fresh powder to cause it. Maybe it was proof of his mark on the world, of some measure of power, even if it was so insignificant. Surely he was arrogant enough to think that of compressed snow.

Another crunch came as he pawed into a drift, shoveling the white fluff behind him with a rapid motion - too slow and the wet would settle into his leg, numbing it. "Maybe Johnny can make fuzzy boots," he muttered to himself, never having been fond of this part of the northern living, the digging for food like some sort of squirrel. Having grown up with the ice and the snow he was accustomed to it and was rather partial to it, but with Frostfall upon them sometimes it was too much. He wasn't about to complain though, especially since no one else wore boots or seemed to mind, so he kept his whining just under his breath and chose to look at it as a good leg day training.

Chewing on frozen weeds as the morning progressed, Öde's hoof sank into something different. The snow wasn't deep yet, but it felt odd under his toe. He snorted faintly, a visible cloud of confusion that wafted away into the white world. Leaning in with his muzzle he brushed away the ice, revealing something black. He'd have thought it spoiled greens if not for the odd texture, and the scent that was faint, smothered by the cold and the frozen deterioration. It was hard, but soft. Curious, Öde continued to dig, but carefully, excavating his find like an archaeologist.

It was fur he realized, as he kept at it for no reasonable purpose other than boredom. Only when he finally got to the head, which sloped down in a muzzle full off teeth, did he recognize what he'd truly found.

"JOHNNY, JOHNNY!" Öde bellowed as he raced through the herd lands. His flanks heaved with his speed, his voice a raucous call of excited urgency. "JOHNNY, WHERE ARE YOU?!" Showing his age Öde careened around the tundra with a youthful vigor.
"I'VE FOUND A WOLF, C'MOOOON!"

EVERYTHING THAT KILLS- ME MAKES ME FEEL ALIVE

@Johnny
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

Like so often when I was needed, I was asleep. I like my cave, you know, but during the day I like to sleep out in the open - picking and making a new snow-nest every time. I’m so happy that the snows have come back to the Basin! Birdsong and all that junk is pretty or whatever but I prefer the winter. There’s not a good bed of foliage in the Basin to get a good nest going in the other months (not that I don’t sleep on the crafting materials in that cave) but in the winter, for a couple hours at a time, I can make a nice cozy bed in the snow. It’s perfect! It forms perfectly to my body. I don’t have to worry about bugs and all that bothering me - just the occasional small mammal and the mice are usually so wary that they don’t take more than a nibble.

What made today’s nap an even better one (and one I was even more upset about when it was interrupted) was that there was a little… thing curled up on my back as I slept. I still don’t quite understand what Jellybean is but she’s my companion and I love her. She sleeps even more than I do! Normally I keep her tucked away in the bag on my shoulder but she had crawled out and nestled into my side instead - basking in the patch of sunlight there.

Do you have any idea how peaceful it was to sleep with your companion?

Until one of your herd mates starts HOLLERING. I almost roll over onto Jellybean I was so startled at the urgency in those bellows. I recognized the voice, of course -  Öde was a hard stallion to forget.

He just has the most lovely set of…. eyes.

Well, nap time was definitely over so I carefully get up - Jellybean sliding awkwardly into the soft fleece bag at my side - and set off to find our caller. Ah, there he is. “Over here, Öde!” I shout at him as I jog over - which is an awful lot of exercise right after a nap. Boy better appreciate!

Of course, it’s right about now that it clicked what he had been hollering about and I stop dead in my tracks. “Wait what do you mean you found a wolf? I don’t want to go see a wolf?!” What kind of date was this?

[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

His name splits across the winter wonderland that is the Basin in Frostfall, and Öde pulls up short. Snow sprays like a frozen wave around him and his momentum carries him up in a partial rear. His neck uncoils with the extra energy, tossed wildly as he lands and turns. Snorting he lifts his head, smiling broadly at Johnny. "There you are!" he exclaimed, as if Johnny had been cleverly hiding this whole time.

"Scared of some wolves?" he asked the candy man with a laugh, the symbolism not lost upon the blood of the DemonKing. "Don't worry," he reassured, bobbing his head with ill-contained excitement. "I'll protect you!" he winked, setting off at a trot in the direction he'd come from. "Oh, and it's already dead!" he called back, out of more ways to tease the weaver.

"So c'mon, before it dies even more - we can use the fur to make stuff!" Clearly not waiting for more balking, Öde continued on, glancing over his shoulder to make sure Johnny was following him to the awesome spot. If not, well, he wasn't above using his horns for some persuading, kindly of course.

"I dug it up on accident looking for food," he explained for the sake of conversation. "It'd make the perfect cloak, and then maybe with that you could attach... yanno, the thing we talked about last time." Öde didn't seem to realize Johnny's skills were specific to plant fibers - it all seemed like fuzzy fabric to him. Still, maybe the griffin would want some petrified morsels, or be capable of skinning? He had a horn, but he hadn't the faintest idea how to use it for something so skillful as this.

EVERYTHING THAT KILLS- ME MAKES ME FEEL ALIVE
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode