the Rift

[OPEN] White Winter Hymnal

d'Arcy Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 2 years :: Tallsun HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Laine

The blanket that Frostfall had placed upon the Edge was growing ever thicker, snow descended in large clusters of flakes, heavy and white [so very white] and the little red girl was on the wrong side of the Edge. She might have called it a storm, for she’d never lived through truly angry weather and this was only snow, though it fell thickly and with signs of stopping. The trees stood tall and leafless, all but obscured by the haze of white that brought visibility down to a nadir.

d’Arcy stood, pinned in place by unease and uncertainty, and her head tuned slowly in alternating directions, trying to decide which way she ought to go. This was her home, she should have known exactly where she was but the silent shower of snow had come on suddenly and tuned her around. She could barely see more than fifteen feet in front of her in any direction, and it was all the same. Any landmarks, even her own tracks, were covered almost as soon as she blinked an eye and for possibly the first time in her life she was scared.

The snow wouldn’t harm her right away, but the cold might, if she got herself lost for too long; she was already trudging in ground-cover near up to her knees. d’Arcy however was far more concerned with that fact that she was lost The helplessness was humiliating, infuriating, that she didn’t know where she was or how to get where she wanted to be. She liked to know everything, liked to imagine she was so grown up and mature but now she felt like a stupid whiny child.

"."
d'arcy
wear your heart on your cheek
but never on your sleeve
unless you wanna taste defeat
when I tell you that i love you
don't test my love
accept my love, don't test my love
cause maybe i don't love you all that much

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
Dacianna
I am no bird...

As a fleck of white blew rather rudely into her eye, Dacianna turned her head skywards and let out a small, excited noise. Snow!  It fell in large flakes and dissolved into the already gathering piles of cold drifts that were slowly creeping up the trunks of trees. It also turned her hair spectacularly white leaving only the odd few strands of gold to glimmer brightly against it. The roan enjoyed the snowfall, it brought with it scenes of beauty as it clung to dead trees brought to life again by Frostfall’s icy kiss and reminded her of her old home, in the crevices of a mountain.

After a while, the storm set in over the misty land and Daci’s pace was slowed somewhat against the failing visibility and the increasing difficulty underfoot. She knew it was wiser to turn back and find shelter, watch the snowfall from the safety of cover, but a flash of red stopped her from doubling back and she squinted across the wintry landscape to spot a filly in the distance.

Struck with concern, the Philosopher made her way over to the girl who was knee deep in snow and Dacianna shivered for her. Watching the filly who looked like a little red button stranded in a sea of white as Frostfall ensnared her, Daci parted her lips to shout. "Hey! Hey!” she called over to the young unicorn, wondering if she had got caught out whilst playing “it’s freezing out here” her teeth chattered as if to emphasise the point. “C’mon I can help you find somewhere to shelter” Dacianna had little clue where the nearest shelter might be, but she had to try.

Hopefully, she was only a few paces away from the girl by now and, grimacing against the cold, she gestured for the red filly to come closer.

... and no net ensnares me
/ image

:D @d'Arcy
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
The alabaster tapestry which was the Edge showed no sign of dwindling it's threat count. Snowflakes entwined themselves within my fetlocks and clung to strands of my tail. The snow shower coated the Edge, suppressed it's mist with swirling, icy illusions. I didn't like it that much, but I knew someone who would.

The snow queen, the Icebound, my mother.

I was sure she was having a grand old time in this shit storm. I didn't want to enjoy it in the same way she did—I didn't want the dancing, the laughing, the snowmen. I didn't want the ephemeral moments to turn into to stone like memories of minutes spent freezing to see someone else happy. I was over that. But I did want to spent this snow storm with none other than her. I wanted to be held, to be warmed, and spent a snow day with her, a luxury I had missed out on as a foal.

So I sought her out, searching the Edge, the only place I knew she would be. But I couldn't find her, hear Edgar squawking or smell her scent lingering on any nearby foliage. For a moment, my hopes shot up, emblazoned by a female voice calling out. But it wasn't to me, and it wasn't my mother.

The figures I saw instead were barely ghosts against the snow, though the red was more prominent than her roan counterpart. Maybe they knew where Elsa was? I doubted it, but decided to give it a whirl anyway. I spread my wings, jumping towards them, gliding on the tumultuous breeze, barely being able to stop myself in the storm. I landed a couple paces from them, since I didn't know either and would hate to impose. I opened my mouth to ask, selfishly, if either had seen my mother, but the question soon became strangulated in my throat.

The red was a kid, a small one, a lost one. I felt an overwhelming sense of sympathy for her because, Hell, I've been there, too, kid. I looked to the roan, selflessly offering her help, and affirmed the fact that I had to as well. I glanced to my wings, ruffling them, stepping closer to the kid. I outstretched a wing, mostly to block anymore snow from obscuring my view of her, and partially to shield her some, if she would allow. "I can help, too," I offered, looking between the two, and extending a wing to the roan as well.

@d'Arcy @Dacianna hope you don't mind auri showing up ^^;
/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

d'Arcy Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 2 years :: Tallsun HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Laine

Yes indeed, d’Arcy liked to think herself so grown up but the little filly was far from it. Half a year was not nearly long enough to learn all that the world had to teach, but the girl was getting a sharp lesson, two lessons in fact. One, solitude could be dangerous at the wrong time, and two, her mother wan’t as good as she had imagined.

When Nyx had told d’Arcy and Libertad that she would be leaving the edge for a time, the little shadow had not been overly concerned. She didn’t need to nurse anymore, and could wish for no better company than her brother; the two spent plenty of time trying to sneak away from their mother’s watchful gaze anyway and her short absence would be like a little vacation from restriction. For a time it had been, until her more outgoing twin had galavanted off to god-knows-where and d’Arcy had found herself caught in a snowstorm. Her carefree streak of independence came to a crashing halt as panic set in, and with it, a bitter lump of anger. How could Nyx have left her like this? What kind of mother just sent galavanting off when her daughter needed her? It did not occur to the girl that her mother could not have predicted the weather, in her eyes this was a betrayal, one that hurt her, one that would callous her heart.

The filly was shaking like a leaf and on the verge of tears when she heard a shout through the snow. She spun, heart racing un in a spike of relief when she saw a grey figure moving toward her and falling again when it was not the General. A mare she did not know loomed out of the blinding white snow, calling her and luckily she was not yet so attached to her childish pride that it trumped self-preservation. She hurried forward, only to jump back in surprise when a pale figure appeared too. The second mare had been hard to spot in the blizzard but after her initial retreat the filly moved forward to take the protection the pair offered.

She scampered through the snow and under the shelter created by the outstretched wings of the hybrid, and nestled herself between the two mares where most of the wind and snow was blocked. “Th-th-Thank you.” she mumbled, teeth chattering. Cobalt eyes lifted, shifting back and forth between the mares until she was assured enough of their continued guardianship that fear could give way to despair. Tears gleamed and the girl shut her eyes again them as her breath hitched “W-why did she leaaave?”.

"."
@Dacianna @Auriel
d'arcy
wear your heart on your cheek
but never on your sleeve
unless you wanna taste defeat
when I tell you that i love you
don't test my love
accept my love, don't test my love
cause maybe i don't love you all that much

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
Dacianna
I am no bird...

Relief flooded through Dacianna when the filly appeared to respond to her calls. The roan had already gone through a dozen possibilities that could happen.

For a moment she had been so concentrated on the red girl up ahead that she almost missed the white mare in the snow, who came across to graciously offer the assistance of her wings to shelter them from Frostfall’s wrath. Dacianna let out a sigh of relief as the filly sandwiched herself against her dappled body and the roan moved to block the wind, offering the hybrid girl a grateful dip of her head. “Thank you” she offered as the child also mumbled something similar. Though Dacianna let the crimson filly take most of the shelter from the offered wing, the roan was used to the cold weather and she was far more concerned about the shivering girl.  “Let’s head into the forest,” she suggested. Despite them being stripped naked by winter, Dacianna assumed there must be more shelter the deeper they went into the woodland and it sounded better than being battered by a blizzard.

Her concerned eyes drifted down to the filly they had plucked from the dazzling snow and she reached to try place her nose gently, with a delicate comfort, on the filly’s red shoulder. “You’re not alone now” she tried to soothe, throwing a perturbed gaze to the winged mare and wondering who would leave one so young out in the cold, deserted. A flash of anger filled her chest, a moment fury for the stranger who left children in the snow to shiver and cry. What if Dacianna and the hybrid hadn’t been around to find her? It took a large part of her will to remind herself that she didn’t know the whole situation and she managed to keep the tone of her voice gentle, even though the annoyance still simmered in her chest.

“What happened? Who has left you?” she asked whilst steering towards more shelter.

The Philosopher wondered if she should try finding Alysanne. How long had the girl been stranded there? Perhaps she was worrying too much, her heart was still thundering in her chest from concern and the roan took a deep breath.

... and no net ensnares me
/ image

so so sorry for the long wait!! D: @Auriel
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me