the Rift

[OPEN] lifetime of laughter [Basin Babes]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark

”Watching the sky fall.”

Frostfall this year had been much gentler than the brutal storm that had enveloped Helovia last year. For that, Rexanna was thankful enough, and yet despite the simplistic winter storms she had taken notice of many of her fellow herd mates staying within the confines of their homes. She could understand, as she often spent much time wallowing in her own heart’s affairs both good and bad with her son in her own cave. Though today seemed different to her, it was a day where the snow had stopped falling and the sun began to peak out from the mountain tops, pouring the Basin full of golds and pinks. It was a day to at least do something, so the mare decided to take it upon herself to see if she could gather as many of the mares in the Basin for a little get together.

Making her way to the center of the Basin, just beside the waters edge, she funneled her magic to shoot a spark of fireworks up into the bright sky. It wasn’t much to draw attention, but perhaps the sound would. Once it finished echoing off of the stone walls of the mountains, she cleared her voice. “My fellow ladies of the Basin, come and join me by the hot springs for this beautiful day!” She called out, trying her best to gather as many of the women of the Basin as possible.  It was at this point where she trudged her golden body over toward the hot springs, lowering her head to enjoy the warmth of the steam that evaporated off of the hot water below her. She smiled to herself, humble in the idea of gathering the women. Something she hadn’t done ever before, but decided to take it upon herself. She wanted to see the familiar faces around the herd in a way that wasn’t seemingly ”official” business. Perhaps this was the best way.

She hoped that many would be able to make it there, but as of things to do she wasn’t sure. She managed to gather a bit of ash from a fire, pairing it with a few leaves in case anyone wanted to paint something. The hot springs would do well to keep people entertained with the heat, but as of other things she wasn’t sure. She didn’t even know what girls did let alone when a group of them got together. Maybe they could gossip and learn things about the Basin? Or even sit there and chat like bickering old ladies, playing fun at the masculinity that the Basin seemed to resemble. She saw the peaks of the Sentinels from where she stood, laughing gently to herself at the massive creatures (seeing as she had always assumed them to be male) and wondered what kind of mark the ladies would be able to put on the Basin as a whole.

"Talk"

Image Credits ||| Coding by Tamme

A gathering for all the wonderful ladies of the Basin! <3 Post order will become a lie so if you find someone and want to walk off and chat, that's totally fine! Just something to get all the ladies together for gossip, cookies, drinks perhaps? and of course, no men allowed ;) (I mean, you could probably post them but the ladies would probably tell them to leave XD) LETS MAKE THE BASIN BABES A THING <33

@Tiamat @Hotaru @Lena @Elspeth @Ki'irha @Sialia @Tangere @Ming Yue @Eldala
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

A dark ear swiveled to one side, her brow furrowing and lips creasing as emerald pools gazed up into the sky. She heard it before seeing it, the dazzling array of colors that shimmer across the sky. The muddled mare was puzzled, her sloping head falling to one side, forelock cascading across her ebony features.

She looked to her bonded, dark fur sprinkled with snow, gaze as puzzled as her own. Their intrinsic thoughts bled the same words into each other's minds. 'What is that?' They debated for a time on whether or not to investigated the occurrence. The maiden was far less inclined to do so than Altair, suggesting they contemplate the meaning of life beneath the branches of a fir tree instead.

He was a willful soul, though.

'Hot springs,' Altair murmured through their bond, eyes fixated on the direction in which the strange lights had come from. She hesitated, flicking her ears back. The snow was especially cold, and it had been many days since she had last attempted to make conversation with one who wasn't Altair.

The cerndyr waited not for her affirmation of his plan, choosing to plow forward without her. She followed reluctantly, as she so often did, planets and stars wounding around her delicate, silken mane. Dark pillars moved slowly, tentatively behind the one they followed, leonine tail sweeping across the snow behind them.

The pair soon came upon a familiar face. The golden body of Rexanna was perhaps a bit slimmer than when she had last laid eyes upon her. The maiden thought little of this and slipped toward the mare anyway, coerced forward by Altair's ever vibrant presence in her mind.

She listened carefully to the golden's words, mentally groaning at the idea of others showing up. But she had already committed to the idea of soaking in the hot springs. Altair urged her on, slowing his pace to linger comfortingly on her flank. As she neared the water's edge, she smiled shyly at Rexanna, dipping her crowned head in greeting.

"Hello, Rexanna," She stated, lyrics cheerful and soft on the chilling breeze. "I hope you don't mind if I join you," The maiden continued, pausing awkwardly at the water's edge. Her bonded lingered outside of the water, choosing instead to lay by it's edge, enjoying the steam rather than the water. She hoped it was alright to be there, and took a tentative step into the water, immediately relaxing as the steam rejuvenated her body.

It certainly was worth any forced socialization.

drawing by the wonderful aeolle, table by the amazing time
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
Lena
I'm buried and covered peaceful under millions of stars
Morning spiraled beyond their sights, flourishing in dazzling rosy hues and golden peaks. But instead of nourishing the slight, calm depth of warmth rarely coming in the breadth of Frostfall, the Songbird remained tucked inside her cave, replenishing lost energy from healing Hotaru, from scaling heights, from wandering for herbs hiding amidst other wayfaring abysses. While she dreamed, while her mind conjured pleasant arrays of years spent without horrors and barbarity, without sinister roots, and contorted pieces of starry souls and vivid constellations, her wily companion watched over her dozing bonded. Any other time, the pale vixen might have been chirping and chirruping amidst the deep, wondrous cave and enticing, coaxing, the sylph to awaken and embrace the day – but she knew all too well the spell of exhaustion hidden beneath luminescent smiles and gilded grins. She’d allow her more time to recover as winter carved its sculptures, its reign, outside their door.

Imogen’s attention drifted for a moment or two, shifting her tails in an absent-minded haze, before drawing her crafty gaze towards the opening of their cavern. Beyond the shadows and shade, there appeared to be a bright wash of color – popping, sparking, then drifting down into unseen valleys, prospering a loud, ricocheting noise along with it. At first, she thought of something fearsome, ferocious, that needed to be tackled and destroyed, but afterwards, there seemed to be nothing looming, nothing threatening.

A beacon? A signal? Perhaps it was all a siren song, lingering out of kaleidoscope fervency and passionate ardor, tempting, enticing, and beguiling them to wander out into the icy vestiges? Her gaze maneuvered from the slumbering nymph to the great, grand wonder just outside their door. Should she bother Lena, while she hoped and prayed and dozed in her sanctum? Would she be cross (now there was a silly query)? Or would she be disappointed if Imogen had not awakened her, having missed all the potential whims and notions? She hemmed and hawed in those brief instances, clamoring back and forth until her decision rested with a leap towards her bonded’s side and an intrepid chirp beside her ear.

The sylph, perhaps moments ago a world away, opened one eye to be reclaimed back into the dirges, the laments, and the tyranny of Helovia. A sleepy smile wove along her face, a graceful song emerged from her throat. “Good morning, Imogen,” and then followed suit with rising from the cold, hardened ground in an admirable stretch, unkinking and uncoiling the feral ministrations of a long evening and short dawn. The fox’s antics were soon reprised back into her familiar roles, dancing, waltzing, leaping, and sliding along the floor in a whirl of excitement – Lena simply watched, still recovering from her short nap. “Goodness – what is happening now?” To which she grinned again, giggling as the kitsune led her out of their chambers and into the world of snow, ice, and strength.

She masked the first of many yawns as they meandered out into the clearing; a mere follower as her companion pursued something of invested interest. They seemed to wander almost aimlessly, and the chilling air revitalized her thoughts, her movements, so by the time they finally came to the chosen spot, her mind was sharper, her motions were clearer, and her sentiments could be unraveled. While Imogen pranced, hopped, and frolicked her way towards the hot springs (and what a luxury to have on this day), Lena’s gentle gaze caught the familiar forms of Rexanna and Frost Fyre. In a show of ambient good graces and refined arias, her melody tipped and twirled, extending forth to the other ladies of the Basin. “Hello! How grand to see you both!” Far too enticed by the swell of warm water, she dipped her daggers in first, then slid the rest of her figure into the rush of tenderness and generosity. If she was to be lured by any temptation, at least it was a wholesome, divine one. A gentle sigh loosened from her chest, and the sketches of her smile drew wider, ebullient and ecstatic to be amongst friends, allies, and compatriots. “I hope you’re well?”

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah
Elspeth
As I watched the burst of sparks fall back to the earth and heard the call that followed it, I wondered for the twentieth time (at least) what sort of world I had gotten myself mixed up in. Magic, it seemed, was flippantly used for no other purpose than gathering the geese together so they might gobble.

Not so much time had passed since my captivity that I was able to watch the fireworks display and not feel my heart quicken and a sinking feeling in my stomach. Magic was still too strange, every bit of it I saw threatened to undo everything the kindness of these Helovians had built. I had not meant to spent more than a moon’s passing here at most but each day that I woke up, I was reminded that I had nowhere else to go. I did not know what lay outside this Helovia anymore than I knew what lay inside but the risk of being recaptured and forced back into slavery seemed far greater in that unknown land than it did in here.

I had to admit, grudgingly as I did so, that despite my fears I was growing more and more curious about the herd I was staying with. They had left me alone as I recovered, as I put on what weight I could in the cold months, and I really hadn’t mingled much with them - aside from Calder, Zandora, and Rexanna. And those exchanges had been brief and… not when I had been at my best.

Perhaps I would just walk by the hotsprings and get a look at those who had gathered. If there was a large crowd… well I wasn’t sure what I would do if I was surrounded by a whole crowd of purple and golden mares or whatever other colour they had hidden around.

Cautiously, I began to scout the Basin. I couldn’t remember exactly where the hot springs are - though I had slipped into their waters once in the cover of night when no one else had been around. Eventually, though, I was able to find them and recognized Rexanna as one of those and two brown mares - all with a single spiral horn. Well, that wasn’t so bad!

With slow, uncertain steps I approached the trio - pausing several feet back from the edge of the springs. Drawn as I was to the heat they provided, I wasn’t entirely sure I considered myself part of her herd - perhaps this was a special club for certain mares. “May I join?”
give me the sun that shone
Image Credit
table by Sevin

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark

”Watching the sky fall.”

The golden Thief watched as they began to unravel from their caves and approach at her call. Her gaze drifted to the first familiar faces, Frost Fyre and her companion. Though while she wasn’t aware of the cerndyr’s name, she was well aware of his interactions with Ashamin’s when the Haruspex found out he would be a father in more ways than one. Rexanna offered her a smile and a dip of the head as she began to speak. The Thief shook her head to her. “No, not at all. Join me, please!” She smiled to the mare as another face began to approach.

Rexanna stepped aside to allow for room for Frost Fyre should she want to get into the hot springs as well, leaving enough room for many others. The warmth bubbling around her in comfort and steam. She watched as Lena appeared, saying her hello’s before diving into the warm embrace on such a frosty winters day. “Lena! It’s great to see you.” The Thief tipped her crowned head to the bay, nodding. “I’m well! How are you?” She questioned with a cock of her head, but more movement distracted her once again.

These steps seemed almost worried, cautious, as if the person behind the steam from the hot springs wasn’t sure they were welcome. However when the face broke the wall of steam, Rexanna felt her smile grow wider. “Elspeth! Come, join us.” She slid over a bit closer to Lena allowing for more room for Elspeth should she and Frost Fyre choose to join the Mender and herself in the warmth. After the hello’s had passed, she let her attention draw across each face briefly before settling on the sun as it rose further into the sky. “There’s no real reason for this gathering. I just thought it would be nice to talk with some of the women of the Basin.” She admitted, a thoughtful look crossing her expression before she pushed it away to see what the others thought of it.

"Talk"

Image Credits ||| Coding by Tamme

Sorry it's kinda bleh! @Frost Fyre @Lena @Elspeth
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Fiachra Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3hh :: 5 - Ages at Birdsong HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Gebo
fiachra
Home, where I wanted to go,
And nothing else compares.
Fiachra had thought she had finally found a home. She had stepped inside the modest cave and for once could not smell the evidence of another being having lived there. She had even settled in for a brief minute to see how it felt, closed her eyes for just a moment and folded her limbs under herself. She look a few long deep breaths and had just began to think she may have found her home when the burning began.

"YOWCH!" she screeched, leaping to her feet with all the elegance expected of a startled newborn. The hide on her rump stung from where she had laid on the dirt floor. Her tail swatted furiously at the spot and when she turned to look, the area was covered in tiny bumps. "What on earth...?" she grumbled, trying to reach the irritation with her teeth, but to no avail. Stamping a hind hoof in annoyance, she scoured her gaze across the ground and saw thousands of tiny ants scurrying to find their way home, their paths having been scattered by her stupid spotted hind end.

"Ants," Fiachra snorted. She stamped her front hooves, her frustration at not being able to find a suitable home getting the better of her. "Fucking ants!" She reared up, and her head smacked into the rock ceiling of the cave, nearly sending her sprawling to the floor. "Oof!" Her head fell, her neck stretching downwards until her nose just touched the ground. She couldn't help the angry tear that trickled down her face. She was done with this stupid valley, and all of its stupid snow, and its stupid equines who wouldn't give her the time of stupid day. With a loud huff that echoed about the empty cave, she stormed out, her footfalls excessively heavy on the floor. So what if she disrupted the ants again. Stupid ants.

She hadn't gone far before she heard the sounds of cheerful voices. Stopping in her tracks, Fiachra turned and headed in that direction. She found a most welcoming and warming sight. The hot springs, which she had noticed earlier as she passed by, were full of people. Full of mares, even. Several of them she had not yet met, but then she spotted Rexanna, the mare who had welcomed her into the Basin. Striding forward at a confident walk, she cleared her throat to make herself known.

"Rexanna," she greeted, glad that she knew at least one face in the crowd. "Ladies," she offered by way of greeting to those whose names she didn't know. "This seems cozy and fun. May I join you as well?" Without waiting for an answer, she settled herself alongside the spring and trailed her tail through the water. The warmth tickled the end of her tail dock, widening her smile. "I'm Fiachra," this directed at the other mares, "What may I call all of you?" As she waited for answers, she reached around and once again attempted to reach the bites on her rump. She couldn't quite get them, so instead she swirled the sodden tendrils of her tail through the air and smacked herself with it, offering some relief to the awful stinging-itch, and sending hot water flying through the air in all directions.

"Talk."
image credits

OOC: Awkward company-deprived Fiachra is a bit awkward. Lol. @Rexanna @Frost Fyre @Lena @Elspeth
Stock Credits

Please tag Fiachra in first posts only!
Minor force is fine, but please ask before inflicting lasting damage, etc.

Eldala Posts: 64
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

IT may have been an easy winter overall but that didn't make anything feel less cold in the slightest. Eldala had been shivering half the damn night but now, as the sun began to peek through the clouds, she found her mood brightening significantly. The hazelnut may complain endlessly about the less than perfect weather but she really did love the land. The horses around her shared similar traits, they were close-knit, and that was why she stayed. Well, that and the view when the snow did stop.

Bright blue eyes stared out at the breath-taking landscape before her and, for what must have been the millionth time, she releases a silent thanks to the gods for their creation.

*BOOM*

The resounding echo that results from the firework near scares the early-morning piss right out of her. /Shit, did I piss them off? What kind of god accepts a thanks by scaring the crap out of their subject?/ Eldala remains thoroughly confused as she tentatively ventures out of her warm cave, curiosity over-riding her hear. Its not until she spots the multiple shapes of other horses near the hot springs that she realizes it must have been a meeting which was called. The terrene fem wanders closer, just in time to hear Rexanna stating her purpose for the summoning. /Hum, so that must have been the source of the fireworks. How pretentious, calling a meeting like a lead./ Mild annoyance rose its ugly head and it was all she could do to not simply walk away. She hated being told what to do and when by someone who couldn't reaalllyy be considered her Master. Besides, who in fecks' name lights off fireworks in the early midday? Seriously. If she wanted to have a simple conversation she could have simply planned one. Internal grumbles accompany an unimpressed facial expression as Eldala skirts the little gathering for a bit. The idea of leaving is quickly tossed out; there are too many mare's already assembled to make a speedy escape. /Come on Eldala! You can do this!....I still need to make more friends here anyways./ So, when the newest mare asks what she might call everyone Eldala steps forward, into the fray of estrogen, to state her name with a bright voice, "You can call me Eldala. I'm an Apprentice Weaver to Johnny. My apologies for my lateness." Nothing too pretentious or long. Hopefully that was a decent introduction. She looks around the group somewhat shyly but still keeps a smile on her face. She eyes the warm water but doesn't get in right away, instead waiting until one of the mares motions or asks her.

@Frost Fyre @Lena @Elspeth

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

They trickled in, like moths drawn to a flame; in this case, they were sore minds seeking healing waters.

The muddled mare forgot how to be tense, though, for the warm waters soaking her coat were too therapeutic to allow her dread for social situations to exist in that moment. She smiled to Rexanna, pleased to be allowed as she slid farther into the waters, the planets and stars that revolved around her head skimming the surface of the steaming pool.

She flicked a dark ear to the side, features lighting up as she recognized the familiar tune of Lena's melodic voice. She smiled, turning her head to rest on the edge of the spring as the bay approached. "Hello, Lena!" She chimed, her lyrics soft and relaxed, "I'm well." She awaited Lena's response to Rexanna's continuation of the chat, nodding her head, emerald gaze bright and eager to hear the mare's response.

Altair wasn't bothered by the two he knew, but when those approached that he didn't know of, he fidgeted in his place. He pulled his legs close to his body, ears pricked at the new mares and nodded to each who came. His bonded did the same, except with an added small smile on her dark lips.

"I'm Frost Fyre, you all may call me Frost," She spoke to the strangers, laughing softly as the one called Fiachra flung water around accidentally with her tail. The maiden tried to blend with background, play a small role, listen and laugh when necessary, for she was only there to soak in the quietly steaming waters.

drawing by the wonderful aeolle, table by the amazing time

apologies for the wait ;~; @Lena
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
Lena
I'm buried and covered peaceful under millions of stars
She hadn’t been the only one lured by lights and sound. Other maidens drifted in on the siren hues and exotic intricacies, and she smiled at all of them, offering places amidst the hot springs, charitable, delighted, enjoying the familiarity, the closeness peace and repose seemed to permit. In the space of moments they all yielded to camaraderie and girlishness, and despite not knowing several of them, the nymph paid her benevolence and good nature with aplomb, exploring well wishes, hopes, and dreams walled inside her quiet, content figure. “Hello!” The Mender continued, bobbing her head in time and laughing as they all gathered in springs and sonnets, taking pity on the lavender-maned mare and carefully, slowly, as if nothing had transpired at all, extending some healing strokes her way (a minute casting of gilded spells; working time and moments through a silly, nourishing wink and nothing more). “I’m Lena!” She hastened to those she didn’t know, attempting to configure names to faces – Fiachra, Elspeth, Eldala – and embracing the kinder notions of Rexanna’s introductions, of Frost Fyre’s wellness, of breathing easy in the wondrous atmosphere and merely enjoying the extent of peace. There were no fires, no embers, no disastrous moments recoiling in the midst. It was just them, delightful and few, but enough to register, recall, the notions and ways of tranquility. Not a single war plan needed to be discussed. No one was bleeding. No one had been snagged, snatched, or stolen from their midst. This was happiness and contentment, a shared prosperity between friends, new and old. The fairy chased those sentiments like they were stars, whispering and gliding on the heavens, beautiful and incandescent (because how frequently, how often, did they have moments to merely enjoy one another, to enjoy serenity?), bright and ebullient. Though naught seemed to transpire, though nothing seemed to flicker and ignite, the soothing, relaxing notion of it eased, coaxed, and nourished her usually restless heart (at this, Imogen smiled, and did nothing more). With a melody, with a harmony, with a mellifluous endeavor, her eyes glanced to each and every one, as if they all had a story to tell, as if they were all worthy of the greatest moments and the grandest victories. “What has everyone been up to?”

[Wow I suck.]

@Elspeth