the Rift

[OPEN] Hypothermia? I think not.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
if you love me, don’t let go —
The journey hadn’t been too terrible. She didn’t want to venture too far out from the Basin either, but just enough to get south in the gentle warmth. She remembered visiting the Heart Caves and the great fire that continually burned nearby, and what would be more fun than to explore the different rooms? That is, provided the elderly gentleman could handle it. The Thief stepped out from passing through the Thistle Meadow, greeted by the walls of the caves and the glow of the fire. Turning her horned head back to Albrecht she smirked lightly. “I hope the journey wasn’t too treacherous for you, Old Bones.” A small laugh escaping her lips.

She rather enjoyed the crass company of the bearded old man. Something that she found rare nowadays in people. Nobody seemed to be honest anymore. It almost seemed like too much of a hassle to tell people how things were. She understood her position and perhaps her position around most of the men, but that didn’t take away from the fact that nobody but Albrecht decided to talk about it. Her legs were slightly sore from the journey, but she was pleased to see the warmth had dried the ground around the fire, preventing the snow from ruining this part of Helovia in the winter as well.

Have you ever visited the Heart Caves before?” She questioned him, still walking ahead, enveloping her golden body with the heat from the fierce fire. Turning her head to him, her body grew illuminous from the flames that licked the sky. Her golds turning to oranges, her creams turning to yellows, and her chains glinting with each flame tip movement. Her blue gaze reflecting the fire as she searched for him, awaiting another smart ass answer.

"Talk."
— hold onto me,
’cause I’m a little unsteady.
image credits   |||  Coding by Reli! <3

@Albrecht , hope you don't mind I put it as open!
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
He sighs with each passing mile, half-mile, and quarter-mile, firstly with distemper at being drug around the countryside for a second time this year and then, though the transformation is slow and begrudging, with increasing relief. The swell of climbing temperatures brushes against the curve of his neck and trails along the sides of his body in a gentle caress so perfectly suited to his inclinations that his usual fountain of complaint falters into silence.

The golden Thief pauses to rib at him, apparently recovered from her earlier grief, but the green eyes behind her are fully focused on the glow ahead. Both ears prick forward and a few layers of perpetual annoyance fall away from his features. “Heart Caves?” He asks, sidling as near to the swaying mountain of flame as possible without singeing the ends of his copper hair to brown.

Heat buffets his side closest to the fire, breaking and washing over his back like a wave against the shore. It soaks into his skin and pools in the minuscule spaces between muscle and tendon, bone and cartilage, loosing tension and soothing pains both acknowledged and ignored. The stallion’s nostrils flutter quietly in pleasure. “Are you trying to seduce me young lady?” Trying be damned. Between the realization of true warmth and the way the fires light is flickering across her shapely golden hide he is slain, he is tamed, he is smitten.

She can call him Albrecht or Old Bones or Glue Pot for all that he cares in this moment. One hind hoof tips up to rest on its toe and his ears for once forget their backward tilted resting place. For the first time in a very long time, he looks almost happy completely comfortable.

OOC// Sorry for the wait!

@Rexanna

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Ezital Posts: 48
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Oatmeal :: Two-toed Sloth :: None Veer
EZITAL

Ezital's wandering took him farther from the falls than it usually did. But he'd risen restlessly at dawn, tired of the relentless ice and cold, even though the cold season had barely begun. He'd paced in a generally southern direction, seeking some sort of relief from the grip of Frostfall. And perhaps a bit to escape the tiresome herd politics that seemed to be bothering him more than usual.

He wasn't certain what he was looking for out here, exactly. It seemed possible that he could walk far enough for the temperature to rise to a tolerable level, though it might take him longer than his usual daytrips. A small flicker of responsibility in his heart left him to ensure that he spent every night within the territory, in case the herd champion should call upon him. The calls were very few and far in between, however, so surely he couldn't be blamed for breaking this rule he imposed on himself. Vitani would probably notice his absence, but that couldn't be helped.

The hours dragged on, until every lousy snow covered tree and frozen blade of grass looked very much like the dozens, hundreds of others he'd passed already. Perhaps the civilized world ended at the Falls and Helovia was little more than endless forest and grasslands. He might even find the ocean if he walked long enough, and that idea excited him a little. The largest body of water he'd ever seen were the massive pools at the bottoms of the largest waterfalls, but he'd heard rumors of water that stretched for miles, farther than his own eyes could see.

Daydreaming about that carried him through a few more miles, and he was finally rewarded with his desired change of scenery. The heat had uncovered the bedrock from its blanket of snow and foliage, leaving nothing but warmed stone beneath his hooves. He reveled in the rippling heat that warmed his tired hide for some time before he noticed he wasn't quite alone.  

The stallion piqued his interest the most, as the beast wasn't the typical sort. His mane was all wrong, hanging from the bottom of his neck and belly like an old rug, rather than over the top of his neck. Perhaps his entire body was intended to be shrouded in that long fur, but he was balding or molting, revealing a darker, patchy coat. He considered the poor creature a little longer before deciding that more hair would be an infinite improvement on his appearance. 

The mare was far easier on the eyes, sporting a much more normal arrangement of hair and a nice golden coat. Her horn was a bit simple, but it matched the rest of her quite well without being gaudy. 

He watched their posture and interactions for a few moments before a slow smile spread across his face. In a motion that was far closer to bouncing than trotting he made his way over to the pair, barely catching the end of the stallion's sentence. It only made his smile wider.

"Am I interrupting something?" He said innocently, looking meaningfully between the two of them.

@Albrecht
@Rexanna
ooc: Town invited me, hope you don't mind sky! <3
talk
[Image: veerpixel2_by_abbie1234_d9s5c3u_by_veerd...9s893u.png]

Please tag Ezital in all replies.

rexanna
It was an adventure, traveling beside Albrecht. And yet the golden Sneak had decided that his presence was rather pleasurable despite the face value of his words. She didn’t seem to take his words to closely to her heart which is probably the reasoning behind keeping such high spirits during this adventure. But she knew that if he wanted to warm his old bones, the ever burning fire was a great start. As she asked him of the heart caves, he moved closer to the fire to question her. She only nodded to him briefly, unsure of what else to say really about these caves other than the fact that they were – well, they were caves.

And yet his voice reached her ears yet again as her pelt illuminated with golden glows of oranges and reds, causing her to appear almost as though a fiery apparition. She could only laugh gently to him. “I don’t particularly think I was trying, but if that’s what you want to take it as I guess that’s alright.” She winked to him, sliding closer to the fire as well as Albrecht. His earthen tones bright and flickering with the crackling of the fire, his beard nearly appeared as though they dripped with fire. The bright orange flames illuminating each little puff of hair as if it was a fire itself. She moved her head closer to him, about a few inches away as her blue eyes searched for his emeralds. “I did say we could soothe those old bones of yours.” She smirked briefly until another shadow appeared – seeming to trot over to them. She pulled her head away to face the creature that decided to join the fire party.

As she laid her blue gaze on him, she was met with his own blue gaze. Antlers adorned the creature with an almost calming manner. Yet the white on his face seemed to only match his rack and his hind legs, striking up a unique orange against the red that adorned his eyes and stomach. She smiled to him, nodding her head in greeting. Almost pleased to see a new face. “No, no.” She spoke gently, hiding a lie. Her smile widened. “We came from the Basin to enjoy the fire here. I’m Rexanna, and this is – well, I’ll let him introduce himself.” She laughed gently. Figuring it would be best for Albrecht to introduce himself before slamming the Thief for not letting her elders speak or whatever he decided.

"Talk."
— hold onto me,

@Albrecht @Ezital , I definitely don’t mind <3 the more the merrier :D

He knows she’s only joking – he knows. She’s letting her expressions and mannerisms and teasings grow casual and sloppy and over-the-top as they lounge together, safe in the assumption that it’s all just a game, that he’s too old and worn out to misread or pursue and that she's too young and too beautiful to seriously consider a filthy vagabond for a lover, but doesn’t she know that he’s still a man? Can’t she see how his neck tightens when she steps closer, fluttering those luminous blue eyes at him? There’s no rationalizing with the thump-thump, thump-thump of his pulse as it stutters and quickens. He breathes her in for a moment, wondering how far she’ll allow this to go before pulling away, considering the pros and the cons of finding that line for himself. He might walk away with a few bruises, but the taste and heat of her skin would surely be worth it…

He’s sluggish to register their new company, distracted by the images and sensations in his head, the tightening of his abdomen. “Oh shoo ya vulture.” He shakes his head at the young stallion, the auburn tips of his beard flicking in dismissal. “Don’t you know a pity fuck when you see one? Go flash your perfect smile at some other young damsel." Possessiveness seeps into his words unwanted, unbidden and he's annoyed by his own irrational jealousy because that's not how the game works. He doesn't need another strapping young picture of virility to remind the Thief what stallions should look like or to highlight his utter lack of even a few of those qualities, but he doesn't need to let himself think there was ever going to be a contest either. Still though, she can't blame a guy for trying right?

Sobering, he peers down the bridge of his nose at the pony-sized intruder, the inevitable return of his usual humor drawing one corner of his mouth into a dark smile. “She's too much for you anyway Short-Stack, I've heard she's courted elephants." If you know what he means. One ear flicks back toward Rexanna, realizing too late that she might find the pun more hurtful than clever and that perpetuating negative stereotypes around her reputation probably isn't going to win him any favors, but ah well, he thinks, it's not like he promised her sweet serenades in the first place.

OOC // Sorry about the wait, I had an assignment change at work this week so I might not be as snappy with replies as I used to be.

@Rexanna @Ezital

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

EZITAL

Escaping the frigid cold of the mountains? Of course he could sympathize with them. The falls were bad enough, and it must only get worse as the elevation increased. He inclined his head toward the mare to indicate his understanding.

The stallion, amusingly enough, was less pleased by his appearance. Amusing that an older, more experienced stallion might fear for his intentions. He could certainly assure the old goat that he had no interest in them beyond sharing the warmth of the caves. He could tell them that his needling and nosing into their business was merely a perk to pass the time, but what was the fun in that?

"A vulture, am I? I don't find feeding on carrion much appealing, unless you were referring to yourself. I can see that you're nearly there, but you need at least a few hours still to reach that level of decomposition. The heat should give you a nice salt crust for those circling birds. How kind of you to consider their palate."

He turned and bent a knee dramatically at the mare. "Fair lady, is this beast bothering you? Say the word and I will banish him to the depths from whence he came!"

Ezital rose into a half rear and shook his antlers at the stallion in a theatrical demonstration. It didn't escape his notice that the stallion failed to introduce himself, but he didn't mind. He made little effort to keep the smile from his lips and the laughter from his eyes. There was no masking the fact that he was having fun.

But then the stallion was speaking again, and he did laugh for real that time. "An elephant? So, what makes you think you can stand up to that, old bones?"

@Rexanna
@Albrecht
talk

rexanna
Of course it was only a matter of time before the Thief’s smile began to falter as Albrecht’s voice rose to her greeting. She kept her eyes on Ezital, an ear flicked back toward the old man to hear his words more clearly over the roar of the fierce fire. She let her gaze drift from the newcomer briefly as Albrecht called her a damsel. Resting on one leg, she lifted one in a more relaxed manner. “I mean, I’d hardly consider myself a damsel but alright.” She shrugged, craning her neck back to peer at the old man as his face twisted into something she hadn’t exactly seen before from a beast such as himself.

She’s too much for you anyway Short-Stack. I’ve heard she’s courted elephants.

And that was the end for her. She turned quickly, spinning on her hind. Rexanna’s once playful blue gaze turned into a dark sharp piercing stare. What right did he have to bring up Tembovu? What right did he have to even know she had slept with him. Let alone say it out loud. Her ears flattened tightly against her skull then. “Don’t you dare speak of him.” A hiss from clenched teeth. It was surprising how sour her mood could turn at the brief mention of the Elephant King. But it was turning and changing like the wind. If it weren’t for Ezital’s voice creeping up to her herdmate, she probably would’ve forgotten in her sudden fury that the other stallion was even there.

Her posture relaxed slightly, but there was still the sight of tension along her muscles, tightening against her cream and golden spotted pelt. Ezital’s speech had ended at the mere moment of speaking of Tembovu, asking Albrecht what he thought he had against him and all the Thief could do was shake her head and do her best to hide her fury. Her main question was why did Albrecht think himself so possessive over her? She could handle herself. If she couldn’t, she wouldn’t be a Thief. Right? Right.

So instead, she danced her gaze between the two of them. Her nostrils flaring ever so slightly with the simmering fury that was still glued to her chest. “Elephants aside, we’re just here to enjoy the fire.” She grumbled, not nearly as excited or happy about any of the comments said. Her stomach even churned at the mere act of saying the word elephant. Had Tembovu really affected her that much?

"Talk."
— hold onto me,

@Albrecht , @Ezital oh dang xD

“Oh, but I am vanquished.” He drawls flatly, turning his head with ears tightly pinned toward the Thief as she tenses and sputters an admonishment, his eyes impassive and unapproving of her sudden outburst. She hadn’t seemed so touchy about the subject of past relationships back in the Basin when he’d heckled her more directly and he sees it as an unnecessary display to be so now. He’d only made the remark for its merit as filthy humor anyway, so why the reaction to that reference in specific? Isn’t she over the King of the Edge? Isn’t her new young son, fathered by another man, proof of that? Or is she not so fickle as she seems?

Arching his neck upward, noticeably and satisfactorily higher than the others, he glares down his nose at the chivalrous pygmy, a smirk working its way across the downward curve of his mouth as he speaks. “These old bones are proportionate my friend.” His gaze shifts pointedly across the rise of the other stallion’s withers, so much lower than his own. “Too bad for you I’m afraid.” One eyebrow lifts slightly, a manner of question in its bemused regard. Well what do you say to that? It teases, Your move now.

Helovians on the whole make it a habit of taking themselves far too seriously for his tastes. It’s a real grind on the old man, unconcerned as he is with courtly affairs, keeping up appearances, or making connections of any sort. He’d just as soon stand here and continue making penis jokes as hold an honest conversation and for once, it seems, he's found another sense of humor in this land of self-import. Maybe venturing out of the Basin's protective walls really is worth the effort.

“What’s your name then Court-Jester? Or do you only go by a show persona?" One ear flicks forward toward the stallion, the other still trained peevishly back at the mare. She can glower and pout and take all the imagined offense that she wants, but he'll not be playing make-up to her or anyone else. Don't hate the player they say.

@Rexanna @Ezital

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

EZITAL

Ezital scooted out of easy reach of Rexanna's teeth and hooves, placing the bulk of the old stallion's hide between them. He couldn't help but feel a little lost as he watched her reaction. It seemed, to him at least, a bit out of place with the previous mood between the three of them. He shook his head and snorted lightly to himself. Mares. They may as well be an entirely separate species for all he understood about them.

Leaning a bit closer to the stallion he murmured, "You have got to work on your game, man."

He grinned when his height came into question once again. Clearly, this was a point of pride for the old goat. A more thorough inspection proved that it very well may be his only point of pride. A more mature horse might've allowed the creature this small illusion of superiority. It was too bad, really, that herd life had done little to instill within Ezital any respect for the elderly.

"Yes well, all the proportions in the world won't help you if the fastest you can move is a slow shuffle. Poor Rexanna would have to fret over that rickety spine of yours." He made a show of taking a few shaky, hobbled steps, punctuated by a deep, wheezing breath.

It wasn't until the stallion asked his name that he realized he'd neglected to introduce himself. It wasn't often that he was so caught up in a verbal joust that he forgot something that simple.

"My name is Ezital," he offered to them, now that Rexanna seemed to have calmed herself. He still couldn't say what all the fuss had been about. He supposed it wasn't really his business anyway.

"Do you have a name, then?" He tilted his head, considering. "I could see you as a Carl. Maybe Merlin for that impressive beard? I have to know. Does the carpet match the drapes, or is it all carpet?"

@Albrecht @Rexanna lol
talk

rexanna
She became a simmering fire. Silent, watchful, raging. She resembled the flames that illuminated the faces around her, the flames licking and crackling with each puff of air in their direction. The shadows drawing strange creatures upon every surface they touched. And yet, Rexanna was the same. Her shadows inflicting upon those she touched. She was witnessing it firsthand. She could say as much as she wanted about her lovers but when it came to the one that actually mattered to her, that was too far. She could talk about the others all day. Ode, Rohan, Ashamin, all without a problem. But the moment someone mentions an elephant, she had to put a foot down.

Perhaps it was because Tembovu was the only one that seemed to be her missing puzzle piece. The one that understood where she came from and how she’d grown, like none other had before or done prior. Was she wasting her time, stuck on him? Probably so. But she didn’t want to give up on him just yet. If it weren’t for the rage that gave her senses a hawk-like atmosphere, she probably would’ve missed the words passed by the bearded man to the shorter creature. The Thief stared ahead, watching the flames rather than the reflections in each stallion’s eyes.

Her ears flickered when Albrecht asked the newcomer his name. She realized that either he had said it and she missed it in her flit of rage, or that he had simply not mentioned it at all. This was when she felt her head shift, landing her darkened simmering gaze on the smaller stallion, listening to the two of them bicker like, well, men. However, the white faced stallion spoke his name to them both and she nodded, trying to offer him a small smile. As apologetic as it could be, she couldn’t get the muscles to form right. Too much effort with too much anger to even manage it.

It’s a pleasure Ezital.” She began, turning her sharp gaze back onto the old man. “I rather like the name Merlin for him.” She admitted, a small nod. Trying her best to throw herself back into the conversation without simply just excusing herself after she drug Albrecht all the way out here. She flicked her tail around her haunches, ashen tips landing above her gold to ashen legs. Her head shifting back to the fire. Breathing deeply and evenly as best she could.

"Talk."
— hold onto me,

@Albrecht @Ezital

‘Does the carpet match the drapes, or is it all carpet?’
Instantaneous uncontrollable laughter peals from his chest, the sudden guffaws catching him so off guard that he gasps with each inhale, staring helplessly at the white faced stallion through watering eyes. He turns to the Thief expectantly, certain her mirth will shadow his own, but the discontent laying thick across her features is like an unbreakable armor of willful displeasure. He rolls his eyes at her, disappointed. Spoil sport.

As the chuckling subsides he nods approvingly to the youth, ears drifting forward as his head lowers to a more natural carriage. “Ezital. You’re being wasted wherever you’re from. You’ve no idea how badly these Basiners need a humor like yours.” Green eyes, bright with unaccustomed joy (when was the last time he laughed?), cut sharply sideways toward the mass of gold distemper at his shoulder.

He stares at her a moment, taking in the tension that seems to have compressed her body into a smaller space than it once occupied. Legs rigidly straight and perfectly squared beneath her, she stares into the fire rather than fully commit herself to the conversation. He hears her meager comments, but more than that he hears the hollowness of them. Where is the teasing, the sarcasm? Where are the offhanded insults? Where is the casual confidence of her rank and experience? Her breathing seems measured, unnatural, and though anger is still the most apparent mood in the storm of her features, he suspects it's only a cover to mask the sadness he'd glimpsed in her eyes at the hot springs.

Somewhere in the depths of his micromanaged mind he knows he should feel sorry for her, want to alleviate her distress. That's what the pygmy would do, surely, but that's not what he wants. He wants her to stop moping. He wants her to stop obsessing over semantics. He wants her to take the stick out of her ass and enjoy the moment for what it is, enjoy the characters in front of her for who they are. Why should they take on the responsibility of her emotions? They had done nothing wrong. Irritation bleeds into his thoughts as he watches her from the corner of his eye. Snap out of it! He seethes, unaware that the vehemence of his thoughts is coalescing into an occult power, an invisible arm of intention reaching out to her mind.

Disgusted with Rexanna for now, he answers the stallion. “I'm Albrecht. And you're welcome to take your own assessment of drapery versus carpet, but I assure you it all matches." Winking conspiratorially, he flicks the end of his tail toward the others chin, hoping to graze the tuft of long copper hair growing there along the stallion's creamy, barren jaw. “And I don't clean up afterwards."

OOC // Rexanna, your signature says magic/force is okay? (Just let me know if you're not okay with anything, I can change it!) He hasn't discovered his magic yet, so this is the first time it's manifested for him. I assume we are all within 10 meters of each other, but obviously it's up to you whether it works and/or how effective it is. :: [ Magic: LightxSpark | Ability to stimulate pleasure centers of brain inducing attraction/affection. ]

@Rexanna @Ezital

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

EZITAL

Rexanna's obvious suffering was like a forth, physical presence in the conversation. He and Albrecht could bicker and banter until the sun fell below the horizon, but that wouldn't change anything. Perhaps all the time he'd spent with Vitani recently had softened his heart a bit, because he found himself going over all the words that had been spoken to try and understand her.

He found her eyes and offered her a gentle smile. "If he means that much to you, why don't you talk to him?"

She could waffle and stomp her hooves and feel sorry for herself all day long, but the solution here was a simple one. Maybe she just needed someone not involved to pick through whatever emotions and drama clouded her judgment and reduce it to that uncomplicated truth. Why should she waste her time and energy any longer?

Albrecht had a very different reaction. Once he'd gotten his giggles under control his mood took a turn so sharp Ezital was pretty sure he had whiplash. The irritation rolled off the stallion in waves, like he couldn't believe the mare's emotional state could be so different from his own. But how was that fair exactly? Would he behave any differently if Ezital dared to express an emotion other than good humor and sass?

The beast seemed to dismiss her and all her problems for the simplicity of nature that Ezital presented. Ezital couldn't help but be reminded of a young colt sulking when he couldn't find someone to play with. Never mind the fact that Albrecht looked older than he and Rexanna combined, and towered over them both.

He jerked back from the spot he'd settled beside Albrecht as he felt something brush gently over his chin and catch in his whiskers. Outraged by the stallion's sheer audacity, he pinned his ears and glowered at him to discourage any further contact.

How dare he treat someone so poorly and expect to turn around and find Ezital perfectly okay with it?

@Albrecht @Rexanna
talk

rexanna
Watching the two stallions interact was growing dull for the Thief. She had been excited for another person to join in, but the possessiveness that Albrecht seemed to show was something she couldn’t understand. Was he worried about this other stallion? He seemed fine enough. Perhaps she wasn’t seeing something in him that he did. Or perhaps his worry was completely misplaced. She flicked her tail in silence as Albrecht began to laugh, cutting the air like a sharp knife over the crackling roar of the never ending fire. Her gaze landed on the fire but she could feel Albrecht’s eyes on her. A slight annoyance in her stance, but she tried not to let it show. The fire within her was ceasing and it was for the better. But she wouldn’t forget this.

Rexanna managed to do her best to look away from the both of them, but still ended up locking her gaze with Ezital as he began to speak. “It’s not worth it.” She sighed, shifting her posture and turning her gaze back to the fire. She wanted them to understand what the problem was and specifically to know not to talk about it, but they wouldn’t understand. They were men after all. They couldn’t begin to understand what this kind of problem was, right? They’d probably understand from Tembovu’s side. Then what fun in the world was left with having people be on her side?

But then the mare felt the anger and frustration begin to disperse. Like a shadow taken off of her heart, a weight off of her shoulder. She breathed freely, surprisingly replacing the frustration that landed within her at the mention of the Elephant King with a feeling of attraction toward the old man. Her gaze danced over to Albrecht momentarily, a softer shine to them as she relaxed her posture as he began to speak once again. She felt herself move as he continued to speak until she was right beside him once more instead of that strange stance she had taken (that she couldn’t exactly remember anymore why she had gotten so upset about). Either way, she couldn’t refrain from laughing quietly at his words. “Uh-huh… Why don’t you leave the poor guy alone. You’ve got enough sass in you to spread across Helovia, not to waste all your material on Ezital.” She offered, a smile tugging at her lips. She felt free and completely at ease again. She was sure part of her wanted her to forget about the Elephant, and the more that she stood next to Albrecht, the more her eyes lingered to him in a happy feeling. Almost like she had when she met her various lovers. ‘How strange.

"Talk."
— hold onto me,

@Albrecht @Ezital SORRY FOR THE WAIT ;-; and yes that was totally fine to use his magic on her :D

There’s a pressure behind his eyes, something that seems to have built and expanded without notice until finally it reaches a breaking point. All the normal anatomy of tissue, brain, and sinuses feel like they're being shoved outward by the crushing tension within, but just as suddenly as it comes the unseen force dissipates, leaving behind an empty, tired relief – and confusion. What was that? Migraines he’d felt before, stress headaches and light sensitivities too, even a hangover once or twice, but none of them compare to this new ailment. Albrecht grinds his teeth uneasily, still flinching in the physical aftereffects of such a sudden, unexpected onslaught.

Ears flicking in distraction, he’s caught off guard when Rexanna moves back to his side, no longer taciturn and unhappy but all soft eyes, smiles, and relaxation. He turns to the white-faced stallion, bewildered and seeking some kind of reaction from an outside source, but the two seem to have inexplicably reversed tempers somehow because now he’s pinning his ears and pinching his lips at the old man. What the actual fuck?

“Well…” He stammers, trying to fill the silence that seems somehow pointed in his direction while wholly unsure of the current environment. “I’m sure there’s enough of me for everyone.” A wan smile replaces the stallions grimace as he finds comfort in the familiarity of brashness and indiscretion. “You may have to take turns, though I encourage groups whenever possible.” The waver in his voice fades, replaced by a more normal (for him) flippancy. “Unfortunately, I'm feeling a bit... tired, just now." And it's true; the heaviness between his ears is slowly seeping into the rest of his body like water soaking a cloth, bogging him down with unnatural weight. The thought of doing anything aside from standing here is staggering. He lowers his head, letting fatigue and the warmth of the fire lull his thoughts to stillness.

OOC // @Ezital @Rexanna

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

EZITAL

Of course, Rexanna was not receptive to his advice, nor did she supply any reasoning for her behavior. His well of compassion only ran so deep, and he was about to scrape the bottom. He was beginning to feel more sympathetic with Albrecht's mood, and perhaps the fact that he'd spent more time with her was reason enough for his overgrown colt act. There was simply no point in trying to help someone who didn't want it.

But then the strangest thing happened. The fight suddenly drained from her rigid frame and was replaced with a pleasant smile as she reinserted herself into Ezital's spot by Albrecht. She was chuckling over his weak joke and staring at him like she wanted to have his freakishly tall babies. It would have been more subtle if she'd confessed her sudden love for manes that resembled shag carpeting. Mares.

Thankfully, the stallion seemed about as startled as he was by this development. He glanced at Ezital like he might have the answer to rather strange turn of events. The old man was a bit of a sleaze, because he recovered first and pressed his advantage. His game hasn't gotten any better in the last ten minutes, but Rexanna didn't seem to care about that any longer.

Ezital was quite shocked when the stallion feigned exhaustion instead of pursuing the mare any further. Perhaps he was the sort of prickly housecat that fished in the river but wouldn't have the faintest idea of what to do should he sink his claws into a trout. Or perhaps he preferred salmon. He edged a bit further away from them just in case.

"Are… you alright?" He asked Rexanna tentatively. It was time to begin heading home, face whatever consequences awaited him for his absence, should anyone have noticed it. The odd, almost glazed look in the mare's eyes kept him rooted for a few seconds longer. "You don't… look alright..."

@Rexanna @Albrecht <3
talk

rexanna
Rexanna’s attention was grasped by the old man as his demeanor began to change. Where he was silent, as she hung onto his words with playful intentions – they began to be lost on him. He was filling the silence with his crass that didn’t seem entirely there. Her head swiveled to him, her exotic markings stark black to the contrast of the orange glow of her face from the fire. The warmth she felt from it warmed her bones, and yet she felt a coldness with Albrecht as his jokes began to be less intense. She felt herself admiring him even more for his protectiveness. Had Ezital done something to do this?

Reaching out to Albrecht, she aimed her pale muzzle to his neck just where the red beard he bore began to grow from flesh. “You can rest if you need to... It was a long journey.” Her voice was soft to him, caring even. Her eyes searched for his emerald ones, searching for some sort of comfort in knowing that all was right with him (when all wasn’t right with her a moment ago, but where had that feeling gone?) She turned her horned head then to Ezital, her blue gaze hinting with almost accusatory gleam. Until his voice hit her ears as he seemed to move away. ‘Are you alright? You don’t… look alright…” The Thief’s ears flickered back with a slight amount of confusion. “Yes, I’m fine?” She tilted her head before glancing back at Albrecht. “Did you do something to him?” She questioned, her gaze piercing as her head moved back to face the shorter, younger stallion. “Why is he so tired all of a sudden?” She questioned him again, her eyes growing softer but still ever so slightly accusing.

Pausing for a moment, she let a worried look pass over her brow. “You seemed fine a minute ago, Alby. What’s wrong?” Her attention was back onto Albrecht, her heart yearning to help the bearded stag. Rexanna wasn’t really one to shorten names, specifically of those that she didn’t know all too well. But this feeling that had enveloped her seemed to destroy any sense of respectable sense she had when it came to other’s names. The only other kind of nickname she had given someone else was Tembovu. Not even the father of her child – not even her child. And yet, Albrecht seemed to step beyond those boundaries. She didn’t even think to worry about what he would think of the name.

"Talk."
— hold onto me,

@Albrecht @Ezital :D

It’s not until Rexanna accuses the young stallion of – what, exactly? - that Albrecht begins to think his sudden weariness is anything out of the ordinary. He’s an old man after all, bouts of fatigue and fits of arthritis are just a part of the package deal, right alongside his swiftly greying hair and wasting muscles. Aging is the great lie of life. Foals imagine their peers as invincible, infallible entities and dream of the day they too are considered, ‘adult,’ always insisting that they’ve grown enough now and needn’t be treated like a baby anymore, but once they do grow up it’s nothing but sore legs, accidental flatulence, and utter disenchantment.

It is unusual for the tiredness to come on so all at once though. Normally it’s more of a slow building exhaustion, a war of attrition against his health and well-being, not this instantaneous burnout. He wonders if maybe one of them has done something unseen, unnatural. Magic is as common as hooves around here, so it wouldn’t be all that surprising to find that one of them has a secret ability. Rexanna must have some kind of magic as the head Thief of the Basin and thinking about it now, he recalls the great explosions of light and color in the sky on the night that she birthed her son. Those were presumably her doing, since they’d drawn attention to and announced her predicament, but since she’s the one making the accusations he doesn’t imagine she'd be the spell caster too. It wouldn't make sense. Why expose yourself unnecessarily?

White-faced Ezital seems just as suspicious, but his concern is for the golden Thief herself, which doesn’t make any sense if he’s the one pulling strings. The old black lifts his head to stare around their little gathering, peering in and around the other pits with their smoking fires, but there’s no one else in sight or scent. That only leaves the old Grump himself, but he doesn’t have any magical ability - he never has - but he had wanted the Thief to cheer up, had willed her with the force of his selfishness to snap out of it and become the witty, teasing, sarcastic mare he’d enjoyed in the Basin, and she did change didn’t she? It was almost immediately following the mare's sudden change of heart that his energy failed too - maybe...

Clearing his throat, he makes an attempt at soothing and distracting the others from their allegations, abruptly feeling as if they shouldn't be allowed to investigate further. “Uhm, actually, I’m feeling a bit better now." He smiles a devils grin, not so deafened yet to have missed the depth of the golden's concern for him or the use of a seemingly affectionate pet name. He'll never let her forget it now. "Was there something else you wanted to show me, Anna, dear? I think I'm up to it now." He winks conspiratorially, amused by himself. He's sure he'll have her attention now, favorable or otherwise, likely otherwise, but 'Rex,' is just no way to address a lady and she's the one that had taken it upon herself to get all lovey-dovey and press that velveteen little muzzle of hers to his neck, something else he'll never let her forget.

Vowing to take his cosmic gifts without question, at least for the time being, he sidles closer the mare - close enough to press against her if she chooses to stay in place - a full fledged, 'how's my game now?' shit-eating grin plastered across his face as he looks down at the young stallion.

@Rexanna @Ezital

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

EZITAL

Ezital didn't like that insinuation. He didn't like the way she looked at him, the way her lips pressed together, or her stupid face for that matter. He'd been nothing but kind and pleasant to her, even offering his meager advice for her silly boy dramas. That hairy asshole she was fawning over had been rather rude, but only in his demeanor. He hadn't actually said anything that seemed overly offensive. God for the reaction she'd given, you might've thought Albrecht had murdered her child in front of her but then offered to replace it with his own.

The abrupt change in their behavior was making Ezital feel more and more uncomfortably like a rickety third wheel hitched to their cart. He itched to leave, to leave this ridiculous pair to their even more ridiculous mating ritual, but he couldn't go until he'd set the record straight. The bristling indignation in his chest couldn't be ignored.

"I am a warrior for the Hidden Falls," he snapped at them. "I have served under Ktulu the Constrictor, fought the Champion Ciceron, and guarded my herd lands from harm. I wouldn't waste my time making a tired old horse even more tired. If he was any more tired he'd probably be dead."

He felt pretty sure that they wouldn't notice Kaj's absence from the list. The absence was glaring to him, but it wouldn't feel right to include that pretty pile of feathers on any list that included the demon horse, Ktulu. The separation between the herds was pronounced enough that their hierarchies and rituals were not well known. His rank meant more to him than his herd did, honestly.

If Albrecht's point of pride was his height, Ezital's was his status. The rank gave him purpose, reason, responsibility. The land was just an imaginary boundary around the tree he chose to sleep under that night. If not for the pull of loyalty he felt for Vitani, he might've wandered off by now.

But that filly had seen more than enough suffering in her life. She needed someone to look out for her, to teach her how to defend herself and try to make her happy. He didn't know if he could do that for her, but he wanted to try.

"What is it that you do?" he asked Rexanna, suddenly curious. Did she place as much value on her position? He couldn't care less about Albrecht's occupation, whether it was king of the world or professional space waster. The only response he had for Albrecht's stupid face making that stupid grin was to flatten his ears. This is your fault.

He might as well have scolded the nearest rock for all the effect it would likely have.

@Rexanna @Albrecht
talk

rexanna
The Thief let her gaze linger on her bearded herdmate, worry in her brow – watching him as he took in what she had accused Ezital for doing. He cleared his throat and spoke of feeling better, a grin splashing across his darkened maw. Relief spread through Rexanna and she smiled gently to him, nodding along with him. Yet his next set of words let her ears flicker in curiosity. Everyone had called her Rex, Anna was a new nickname, but had a nicer ring to it. Didn’t sound harsh and abrupt as the X in her name did. It was smooth, gentle, feminine. She accepted it gracefully, and let a small giggle of a laugh escape her chest as her blue gaze sought out his emeralds, catching the wink he set for her. She opened her mouth gently to begin to speak as she felt Albrecht press into her – his pelt harsh and worn with age and travels, but still warm and generous.

Then Ezital began to speak, and her exotic lined face swung to face the stallion as he spoke. He said he was a warrior for the Falls, and instantly Rexanna grew curious to him more so. The creatures he spoke of, Rexanna didn’t know – she hadn’t even heard of them before now, but they must be important. Yet, his harshness to them with saying that Albrecht would probably be dead if he were more tired, caused her to break into another bout of laughter. A giggle that she tried to suppress seemed lodged in her throat, a small feminine chime of laughter as he finished. Dipping her head to the bald faced man, she nodded. “Well, fair enough then. I believe you, Hidden Falls Warrior.” She winked to him then, a smug smile sticking to her face. However, he began to ask what she did. Ah, how exciting.

Rexanna studied his face for a few moments, her blue gaze lingering on his antlers and the scarlet markings that lined under his eyes – admiring them as she admired her own exotic markings. She grinned to him then, flicking her dual toned tail in his general direction and shifting her weight, lifting her head high. “I am the head Thief of the Basin.” She then lowered her head to him in just as extreme of a theatrical bow as Ezital had done at the beginning of their meeting, her eyes flicking up to his with a smug look upon her face. “I’ve stolen people, you know.” She winked, speaking the prisoner she had captured not too long ago. Granted she had help, she had still managed to scout and track him to know exactly where the beast lay. She pulled herself to her height once again, still pressed gently to Albrecht, but curiously waiting to see what Ezital would think.

"Talk."
— hold onto me,

@Albrecht @Ezital

The golden and the white-faced commence their little power struggle, but Albrecht’s attention is wholly consumed by the pressure of supple, silken flesh against his side. The mare is warm and toned and exceptionally well groomed (though is he really one to judge such a thing?). With her shoulders and flanks and exquisitely rounded hips all pressed against him he can easily reach across her burnished withers just by turning his tasseled head in her direction, eyelids drifting lower as he indulges the urge to do so, his near foot of height advantage giving him easy access to the mares topline.

He wants to watch the ends of his copper beard fall gently across her hide, let it ribbon through the cream of her mane, stretch his upper lip out to fiddle with the tiny golden links of chain looping down her back, but would she let him? He’s reached for the chain hanging from her horn once before and was answered by her moving away - smiling - but refusing his contact all the same. She certainly isn’t refusing contact today, but does that really establish consent when he’s becoming more and more certain that her change in attitude is his doing and not something of her own choosing? No, obviously, it does not, and he damn well knows it.

Then again, does he care? Should a man so devoted to his own comforts defer to even such basic definitions of right and wrong? Has he fallen - more like galloped headlong - so far away from his past and his upbringing? Far enough to be free of guilt?

One ear flicks backward, his conflicting thoughts making him pause. His other ear trains forward onto the conversation, his unsettled mind seeking an escape. “Oh yes," He interjects, heedless of the other stallions angry glare. “She’s taken me many times. She’s quite good at it, you know.” He shoulders gently into the mare, punctuating the innuendo. Head and neck still stretched over and above her back (though not touching just yet), he lets the breath of his words wash down and over her in a subtle test of her comfort level, a paltry illusion of asking.

The back of his mind wonders about this new ability, magic - his magic - since he's sure now that the exhaustion, the headache, and the Thief's drastic change in behavior are all connected. How had he gained it? Where did it come from? Is it a permanent ability? Does it have permanent effect? His strength is slowly returning, what little he had to begin with, but what does that mean, if anything?

@Rexanna @Ezital

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC