the Rift

[OPEN] we got the spirit, you got to hear it

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah

Well! If being bonded wasn’t the weirdest experience I had ever gone through, I don’t know what was. And, mind you, that statement is coming from a stallion made out of candy, who has a chocolate brother, who can weave beautiful textiles out of discarded goat hair and… well, you’re just going to have to trust me on the fact that there are a lot of weird things going on in my life.

But this certainly takes the cake.

It’s also fascinating. I can feel her in my mind - actual emotions that don’t belong to me. Although, they really aren’t that different than what is usually going on in my head but that just makes it even more confusing. ‘Hungry’ and ‘tired’ are her two main states and it’s like girl, I feel that.

Literally haha.

Anyway. She is fascinated by everything just as I am fascinated by her. She’s such a tiny little thing and I’ve made the SWEETEST bed for her in my bag but the stupid pup just hangs out the top anyway, looking around!

Jellybean isn’t as ugly as she was when she first hatched, thankfully. The bird half has gotten all fluffy and white except for these three long, pink feathers that stuck up on her head all whichway. And the dog half! Gods it’s basically all fluff too, with a pink and red tipped tail that just never stops wagging!

She’s managed to perch her bird-half on the rim of the bag at my shoulder after crawling out from underneath the flap. I can only imagine the hidden half is just dangling as these claws grip onto the fabric with all their (minimal) strength.

As we slowly make our way back to the Basin, I start telling her ALL sorts of stories! Can she understand me? Who knows! But she’s gotta be introduced to the extensive network of friends that she’ll be whipped up into! And I bet everyone is just going to love her.

We take a small detour so that we can check out the sea - I can’t visit it during Tallsun so I might as well go now! And I think Jellybean will like it. The morning sun is still cool and the sky is clear enough that I don’t think we’ll have to worry about any flurries today. Although the ocean hasn’t frozen I learned from experience that it’s probably still cold enough to freeze off my marshmallows so I content myself with wandering along the coast. Jellybean chirps at me, she’s already turning into quite the talkative little critter, demanding a pause in the story (or so I like to think). After she burrows into the bag for some of the food I stashed there for her, she’s back and chirps again - munching happily.

What a demanding little thing! I hope this whole “companion” thing works out.
Johnny the Weaver

image by reli

for @Xolani <3
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Xolani Posts: 39
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 hh :: 6 years (ages in Orangemoon)
ChaoticMelodies
XOLANI
The sea crashed against the sands, sparkling in the morning sun.  A few gulls flew into the wind overhead, either too stubborn or too stupid to migrate to warmer shores for the winter.  The lone mare wandering the beach watched them with amusement dancing in her eyes, her shoulders shaking with silent laughter.  Why, she wondered, would they willingly make their own lives any harder than necessary?  Wasn't it enough to be a seagull in the first place without trying to survive a brutal winter on northern shores?  Of course, it was not a particularly harsh morning, and she could almost understand why the birds would be drifting on the winter breezes today.  It was, truth be told, quite pleasant:  the sand was warming up beneath her hooves, the sun was lazing idly along her back, and the wind was dancing excitedly in her mane.

It had been mere days since she had braved this new land and its inhabitants, and her thoughts turned frequently to the stallion who had greeted her with such kindness and affection.  At the mere thought of Ilios, yellow-green flickers blossomed on her coat, turning into apple blossoms and roses.  She noticed the changing colors out of the corner of her eye and craned her neck to better see, entranced by this new magic that Helovia had imbued her with.  As she realized what images were appearing on her pelt and what they represented, she found that she was glad to be alone.  Teal embarrassment filled in the images before they dispersed.

She wasn't quite sure how to feel about the magic that painted itself onto her coat with each thought and emotion.  Even now, green apprehension and blue anxiety made themselves visible, tracing a half-circle of silhouettes that were clearly laughing at the lonely creature in the center.  She huffed, and pink-red irritation crept in, scattering the silhouettes and becoming a snarling wolf.  The mare turned away, blue distress creeping back into the pictures as they whirled ever-onward.  She had never had to care what she thought; she could not speak, and so her feelings had always been her own.  Now they were on display for the whole world to see.

She didn't really like it.

It was, however, quite useful when it came to communication.  She had found that whatever she concentrated on the most was what became the primary image, and this knowledge had opened many doors that had been closed to her previously.  Now, if only there was a way to turn it off...

Another figure, pale tipped with pink and red hues, caught her attention.  A part of her sighed enviously - was there any in this land who did not have such brilliant coloration?  Was she destined to be the outcast here, as she had been at home?  She might have found a herd, and they might be quite kind to her, but they couldn't possibly accept her as equal.  She couldn't hope to hold any sort of status, nor find a mate.  Again, Ilios crept into her mind, and those stupid blossoms crept onto her coat.  She banished them with a flick of her tail and a roll of her eyes.  Not.  Now.

In any case, the unicorn had grown closer now, and her interest flared with orange.  The mare's ears pricked forward, excitement in her eyes as she tossed her head in greeting.  Her hooves shuffled in the sand as she pranced toward him, all irritation forgotten, pleased to be able to meet someone new.

@Johnny

Outcast

The great thing about being a social creature is that I rarely ever overlook the presence of someone else when they’re nearby. I mean, they could end up being a new friend!! Why would I ignore that?? How I manage to wander Helovia and make any progress at all just baffles me sometimes because I want to stop and talk to everyone along the way. Which has worked out pretty well for me so far - I’ve made some good friends! And that’s how I found Jellybean!

And how could I miss that delightful flash of orange across this mare’s coat?? I may be flashy but she’s taken the cake!  

Jellybean is instantly curious by this new figure - so different from Tembovu and Mbwene who make up all the faces she has met so far - and clumsily crawls out from the bag at my side and up my mane so that she is clinging to the top of my head. For a better look? I guess her bird-half has some sort of instinct that tells her to do that, though the puppy half is dangling uselessly - her tail whipping back and forth in a cheerful manner as she trills a piercing greeting.

I follow up with a nicer one of my own. “Well! Look at you!” I call out cheerfully, angling my bouncy little trot so that we meet each other in the winter sand. “I didn’t think anyone else would be hanging out on the beach in this weather but I’m so glad I was wrong!”

“I’m Johnny - and this,”
I motion carefully with a small nod and a roll of my green eyes to the fluffball sitting on my head like a crown, “is Jellybean.”
Johnny the Weaver

image by reli

@Xolani SO SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT but Johnny has finally returned to me <33
please tag in all posts

Outcast
ChaoticMelodies
XOLANI
Her tail swished against her legs as she came to a halt at a polite distance from the unicorn. A small creature that appeared to be half bird and half dog wriggled at his poll, and the mare found herself leaning her head slightly to one side, as though to get a better look. She had never seen the likes of such a creature, and had had very few encounters with Helovian companions; her curiosity brought a slight hint of yellow to the orange that had previously decorated her pelt. When the bird-dog trilled a greeting, her nose crinkled with a grin.

The stallion, too, offered a word of welcome, and she found herself surprised by his flamboyant nature. In her homeland, most of the equines she encountered had been solemn and polite, valuing manners and tradition above all. They spoke softly and with great thought, putting their words into pre-planned strings and calling it politics. Despite his brilliant colorations, this unicorn was nothing quite like anyone from her home, and she quickly turned her inquisitive gaze to him. Johnny and Jellybean. What odd names! She smiled in return to his greeting, tossing her head again and reaching to offer her muzzle. Should he return the gesture, she would blow gently towards him, offering to exchange her scent with his.

Her ears were pricked eagerly forward as she arched her neck, her body language portraying a cheerful mare who was pleased to meet someone new. No sound escaped her save the soft shuffle of her hooves in the sand, but a painting was appearing on her sides. Silhouettes appeared, depicting a unicorn and an equine, then showing them walking along what appeared to be a short beach together with a little bird-dog in tow. There was something questioning about the lines of her face as she offered what she hoped would be a clear invitation. Orange and blue made the image come alive, depicting anticipation and anxiety in equal measure: she was pleased to have met him, but could not help but fear his reaction to her.

@Johnny
Please tag Xolani in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Xolani? Visit her plot page here!

Outcast

Well! I mean yeah, when I chatter at someone they normally chatter back (unless they Are Deimos) but I was totally okay with the fact that this wasn’t one of those “usually” times. I mean, her coat is shifting with these super cool colours and you know what I’m totally fascinated by this grinning bundle of cheer that Jellybean and I have stumbled on today. I happily accept her extended muzzle, grinning wildly the whole time, and exchanged scents with a snorting breath. Hopefully she likes peppermint!

She was a delight already - quiet but even in my candicorn state I knew a friendly attitude when it was presented before me!

UH so I’m not exactly proud of it but when the colours on her coat start to shift into a painting and I realize that one of the little figures is me I gasp. Not like, a manly gasp either but a slightly obnoxious and full gasp. That is the COOLEST thing I have ever seen! Even Jellybean was in there!! I shift a little to get a better look and my green eyes are probably bugging right out of my head. “WOW!”

Okay Johnny get it together and stop wigging out. I calm down but my smile does not leave my face as I look from her sides to her eyes - I’m grinning like an idiot. “I have never been asked to go on a walk in such a gorgeous way before! How amazing!!” I reach out cautiously but pause before I touch her side, realizing that might be a little too forward of me.

So instead, I back up a couple steps and bow down as carefully as I could - considering there was a splooting bird-dog lying on my neck - and motion with a little nod. “After you, my dear.”

There’s no stopping my grin now! I join her so that we can stroll along the beach together and I’m delighted by this whole life-imitates-art moment. “That’s such a cool magic! Have you had it long?” So like, I’m not super smart but I’ve figured out that she either can’t talk or isn’t up to it - sticking to yes or no questions for now makes sense, right?
Johnny the Weaver

image by reli

@Xolani :D
please tag in all posts

Outcast
ChaoticMelodies
XOLANI
The scent of peppermints invades her flared nostrils as she exchanges her scent for his; she grins and bobs her head up and down, prancing in place, delight written across her features. She isn't quite sure why the stallion smells of such a delicious treat, but who would she be to question the strange magics present in this land? After all, her own coat had a mind of its own, so who was she to say that this stallion wasn't influenced by such a strange power himself?

As the colors shift on her pelt and the stallion's eyes go wide, the silent mare turns to gaze at her side, intrigued and amused to find that her body has somehow created a perfect replica of the unicorn and his bird-dog. As the steed comments on the colors and images that flare up on her hide, the mare smiles shyly, ducking her head in what can only be described as a bashful sort of way. For a moment, it appears that Johnny might actually try to touch her side, and she instinctively sucks her gut in before she realizes that she's done it (dark teal splatters her insecurity across her side). She hopes that the gesture didn't offend the stallion, particularly since she didn't have a chance to think before reacting (a blue embarrassment follows, chasing away the apprehension).

In any case, he has backed away and has gestured for her to take the lead, so she falls into a comfortable step and leads the way down the beach. The darker, morose colors that had invaded her pelt have disappeared, leaving room for the brilliant yellow of joy to appear. It is a lovely day, and Johnny is a lovely stallion; the little mare is content, pleased to have found herself a new friend on her expedition from the Dragon's Throat.

The girl shook her head in response to Johnny's query, her smile turning wry. She thought of her entrance to Helovia, how challenging it was to communicate with Ilios. In response, her coat shows an image of the Threshold in orange anticipation and green apprehension; within the image, an outline of a white equine appears, followed by a pegasus. As the two images "walk" through the Threshold forest, which gives way to sand and palms, colors begin to grow on the equine's hide. Without realizing it, the mare's memories have brought her story to life on her coat for all the world to see, even if the pictures do not divulge the identities of those involved (again, she thinks of Ilios, and the pegasus on her hide turns the bright yellow-green of love).

@Johnny
Please tag Xolani in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Xolani? Visit her plot page here!