Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Deimos the Reaper
You can't take back the cards you've dealt on this 
long and lonely road to hell
the throne must be such a sad and lonely place

Curiosity was one of his stronger virtues (if he had many at all). It bent him in different avenues, in scrutinizing corridors, in long, slithering wakes of labyrinths, mysteries, and quandaries – lending him knowledge through examinations and precise, meticulous schemes. The Reaper was known for calculations, for Machiavellian tendencies, for a layer of coldness creeping over his bones and his thoughts, until the weight of apathy seemed the only thing tilting and turning his crown; but it was always interest first. He yearned to know and why things occurred, how to prevent or ensure it happened again, where he could pluck a particular strain and watch the world vibrate, reverberate, and collapse from the singular barb. He longed to expose weaknesses enemies had managed to display; he enjoyed crafting the measures of exploitation, of vengeance, of revenge. He craved the foundation of strength and power, he desired the taste, the relish, of bases, towers, and pyramids; how he could ensure his empire never fell again. He lived and breathed as a sword, as destruction, as a maneuvering weapon, but even a blade forged in death had to have other merits, credentials, and abilities – his aloofness, his forsaken, isolated mind, remained eternally shifted towards artful, cunning, wily means.

The Lord had known naught of the Riptide Isles when he’d first arrived – but he’d been driven to distraction by violence, by bloodshed, by foreign entrails and fallen gods. When he’d challenged Gull, he’d simply paid attention to the sand beneath his daggers and the hot, sticky climate, and his mind had once again been warped by vehemence and destruction. The pattern wasn’t evident along the evening squall, however, as he wandered down from his frozen hilltops and his illustrious, chilling winds for a chance, an opportunity, at digging through more than just dunes and currents. The beast, the demon, the infidel, no matter how deeply entrenched into the snow and mountains, had always been enticed by water, by rain, by the titanic emblem of the sea and Poseidon’s unearthly wake.

Even as he stood amongst the shoal and surf, it was nothing like any land he’d seen before. The Moonlit Tides had been soft and ambient, luminescent and cordial, an open invitation to a young, wild, untamed little colt and his kin, matching stride for stride in their distaste for the rest of the world. When he’d grown, when he’d wandered, down amongst the rocky, cliff ramparts of the Edge, there’d only been rebellious coast and threatening, looming treachery. As a wayfaring blade striking out against the Endless Blue, he’d found fire and ghosts, he’d found his daughter forging a future empire, he’d sensed a part of Huyana drifting along the shells and gulls; but here, here in this strange, unpredictable world, he felt naught. There were jagged isles scattered amongst the darkness, there were giant fronds and plumes intertwining their way along the coast, and there were bones of deities tied and tethered to the land in which they’d perished by mortal hands, claws, and knives.

And still, Deimos’ intrigue wasn’t sated. He clung to the nestled shadows, to the overbearing gloom, to the nocturnal sway of nefarious predators and jungle entities, staring into the abyss, and wondering just what levels of potency it contained – how he could use it, wield it, for the sake of the Basin.

[Open to anyone! ^_^]

Photo and Table by Time
Photo taken at Hero's Square in Budapest, Hungary

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
I had heard of it—the whispers of lands unknown to the soil I was born to, the home that bled magic into my soul and screamed my name whenever I crept too far from it's epicenter. I had heard the whispers, the tales of dead Gods and unfamiliar boundaries.

And I sought them out.

This was my home. I felt entitled to every clump of dirt and slow rolling stream within it because I was born here, goddammit. I flew on the winds of betrayal, pained by my Gods' casual ushering in of new sands, but also by my own incompetence. I should have been there for them. But I wasn't—so I felt mostly betrayed and only a little bit ashamed (my absence was out of my control, or so I told myself).

When I spotted it, the tumultuous tides and menacing rocks, a covetous swell overtook my senses. I tucked my dark wings close to my side, landing amongst the swirls of coral and currents. I aimlessly wandered the uncomfortably warm, wet region, brow furrowed, a decisive frown upon my pale lips. I had grown accustomed to the subtle chill that beckoned me each morning in the Edge. The smoldering grip of this land was unsettling.

But I found the creatures lurking in the shadows to be even more unsettling. He caught my eye as a wisp, an apparition I first brushed off as unreal. But the palette of his coat—the black and blue, it painted a familiar picture in my mind, awakening dulled memories.

I whirled around to face him properly, smiling as I remembered the boy I had known so long ago in such a different time. But as my pale amber pools soaked in his image, the syllables of the boy's name become lodged in my throat, strangulated by the realization slowly sinking within me. "I—I thought you were someone else," I fumble, a plume of smoke following the gentle lyrics. I said nothing more, only roaming my eyes over the creature, suspecting a relation.

@Deimos hope you don't mind auir popping in ^^;
/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

The pair crept through the shadows together. Her golden pelt was dulled and darkened by the branches above and Tin's small body blended perfectly with the underbrush. This was another very off place to be in. Raeden had never adventured here before she left, did it even exist then? Her crowned skull shook softly as she continued to creep through the shadows with light steps. Her teal eyes soon picked up on movements further away from them. Her perfectly pointed ears perked up to hear the crashing of the waters against the cliff edges. It reminded her greatly of her now so called home in Edge. As the pair continued on Tin came to a halt when he had heard the sounds of another creature.

The mare was light in color like Raeden, but she did not glisten with dapples like. Raeden was a richer cream color, and did not hold wings like this creature. Teal and silver eyes picked up on the black figure that seemed to startle this mare. She chuckled slightly as her and Tin grew closer and closer to the two. Tin had hidden the pair with his magic until they were standing four feet away from the others. Rae knew right away that the black stallion was Deimos, she had heard of him in her previous time in Helovia. She chuckled lightly before she spoke. words I assume you were not expecting Deimos? she looked to the mare before looking at the stone gray stallion. Her teal eyes gazed over each groove of his pleasantly nefarious body. As she looked back up to his eyes. They were blue and colder than the depths of the darkest hole. Her coat stood out against his like the lone ray of sun light in a deep corner of hell. Her smile was softer and dimmed a bit as she slowly dipped her perfectly crowned skull to the stallion. words I am Raeden and this is Tin Her eyes then glanced back to the mare. Tin pinned his ears at the hybrid creature unsure of her as he kept a weary eye on the black stallion.

words words

Image Credits

@Deimos @Auriel

Heather

Deimos the Reaper

The Stygian silence laid strung over the boughs of palms and the cursed slant of nettles; he kept his eyes narrowed, suspicious, predatory, unwinding past the crashing coast and the vigilant winds. He thought, he perceived, other vultures and rapacious wards lurked within the midnight oils, tied and knotted and gnarled together with their curled, coiled claws and their indignant, vehement sentiments – so he strayed, like another monster in the midst, wondering what sorts of demons lingered in balms and palms. Iniquity and intrigue were blended amidst his infernal, feral, archaic crown, travesties and treacheries, slinking and writhing, wraiths, phantoms, ghouls, and ghosts of a long-lasting tradition, down to the lion tassels of his tail and the cloven marks of his feet. The Reaper, all disaster, all ruin, all desecration and devastation, stayed in the curves of evening enigmas and dusky hollows, one more figment of doom and gloom and damnation. He would have liked to draw and quarter the inept fools sketched on the outlines of the distant plains, he would have liked to shatter the grounds he wandered upon, he would have liked to wreck everything laid out before him for the Basin, for the feuds not yet shed and the battles long since waged. Malicious and foul, nefarious and sinister, he hoped to encounter nightmares and terrors, yearning to ensnare the particles of war, the miscreants of his generation, of his creed, of his terrible, abhorrent regime…

But something shifted, out of line, out of range, flickering on edges and wings, plumes and feathers, and the sinister wake of his stare reached from the shadows and towards the approaching figure. The weight of his gaze, overwhelming and barbaric, brutal and ruthless, as if he’d been carved from the furthest reaches of Hell and had just returned home from its extended, mutinous siege, settled upon the unfamiliar femme – narrowed eyes first glimpsing over the folded quills, on the tufts of smoke blooming from her mouth. Not one of his monsters, perhaps, but unfamiliar all the same. He wasn’t sure what to do with her appearance or presence; his stare grew entirely dispassionate and apathetic, intending to yield to the threatening abyss of the rough, tidal waves or back into the jungle folds. Had she not spoken, he may have retreated further in his nonchalant, reticent passions, gone by the merciless threads of veiled horrors and menacing, foreboding calculations. But instead, her words puffed, like embers, like blooms of incense, because that damned, nestled bundle of intrigue scaled along his brow, arched it out of alignment, out of soulless disregard, so much that his lips parted on a layer of intuition and interest. “Who?” How many more infidels reached across catacombs and tombs? Or how many more were likened in his same stead (and he knew – he knew how his son traveled far and wide, how he embodied more spirit and ebullience than the Lord could ever hope to obtain; did he entangle himself with strange presences even now? Young ladies who breathed smoke in the dead of night?)?

Another emerged, and he grew ever more taut, defiant, fueled to embark back into the threatening channels and funnels of night, the corridors of hell, to merely be left alone with his brooding, antagonistic wiles. He didn’t know who this one was either – but their was a lurking familiarity held and lilting, something or someone he couldn’t quite place, couldn’t quite reach, but should’ve, should’ve known, and that too was an avid frustration. Perhaps they were to be the monsters of the evening, hidden, serpent sirens, carving his weaknesses out one by one until they laid bare at their feet.

He wanted to spin them all away with silence, with hushed, murky disquiet, with obvious, overbearing intimidation. But something flickered against his mind, acerbic, calculating, Machiavellian in taste, and he merely nodded to both, as if he were not the sword of death and damnation, as if they were not walking, waiting spells. “Where are you from?” He questioned both – because if they knew so much of him, then it was only fair to drag information from them.

Photo and Table by Time

@Auriel @Raeden

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
The shadowy figured was drawn forward by my words. His descent into darkness was unraveled, fluxing into me with a single worded reply. I flicked my ears back tentatively, soft amber gaze studied the dark man quizzically. The who in question was present only in a rapidly fading memory, the name had been gathering dust and cobwebs in my mind.

But I had not forgotten it yet.

I opened my lips to say it, but another slipped into my view, commenting on my confusion before I had the chance to redeem myself. My gaze slipped to my hooves as I tucked my wings close, trying not to feel embarrassed. I instead focused on the fact that I knew their names, and they still lacked mine. Their names held no meaning to me, though.

"I wasn't. It was Erebos," I replied softly, a plume of smoke unfurling from my lips, "His name is Erebos." I repeated it to myself, as if to make sure I wouldn't let it fade from my memory again. I needed it's presence, the reminder that my childhood had smiles and that they could stem from even the saddest of days. "I thought you were him. My apologies," I offered a smile to the dark stallion, tipping my head as I did so.

I offered a cordial nod to Raeden and her companion as well, doing my best to utilize what manners I had. As princess, captain, or whatever, of the Edge, I wanted to look respectable to strangers. But the scent that I caught from Raeden seemed familiar. Perhaps she wasn't a stranger to the cliffs.

"Auriel, Captain of the Edge," I replied to his question, glancing to Raeden, inquiring her answer as well. I was as curious as to where she resided as I was Deimos. "And you?" I addressed him, head tilted to one side, easing up and trying to smile. I wasn't sure if acting nice would get me far with the stallion, but it was about all I had.

@Raeden

/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

He was quiet and blunt with his words. The black demon was almost seemed taken back by the two gathering around him. Teal eyes flicked over his towering crown and then her attention was dragged back to the mare. Tin stood at her side very quiet, and all he had to say to her was She Live with us He nodded to the white mare as his green eyes looked to the black beast . He smell kinda like Ru Raeden knew of Deimos, but did not know his life story. Her cream colored skull held it's place elegantly in the air as she listened to the mares words next. She was looking for one named Erebos. That was a name she did not know.

Deimos then asked the two where they were from. Tin gazed up at Rae, and all he could say we Man of few words eh? He chuckled slightly at his own joke as Rae pushed him with her maw. Her perfect body stood still as the silky strands of her tail flicked over her rounded haunches. Where was she from, that is a good question. She was now from Edge, she knew that for sure. Before that she was nothing but an outcast, she was not royal, nor of rich blood lines. Her maw wanted to frown, but she didn't she remained with a smile looking upon the black stag. The mare answered she was from edge. She was her captain? Raeden turned her perfect skull to the side glancing over the mare with teal orbs. Silver flecks sparkled with bright tones adding to her beauty. words Nice to meet you, I am also from Edge. I am a Sleuth though. Her voice rang from her mouth like a church bell. She seemed like the perfect mare, but she was as corrupt as the most damned sole. words I am sorry to be rude and take away your introduction, I just remember some talk about you from years ago. Are you from the Basin ? My sister Hotaru is there and you give off the lingering scent of frozen Ice that she carries. Her tones did not want to bother the man with questions, but in a way she wanted to know. Her curiosity stuck her thoughts, and she had the burning need to know. He seemed like he was not one that did not take any shit from anyone, but it was better to make friend then enemy's right? She knew she had to be straight up with Deimos as soon as he spoke just a few words. Raeden knew charm would not drag this stallion in, he did not seem like the one who was mare driven anyways. He just wants to be alone, and she understood that feeling. words If I am bothering you, me and Tin can go about our day. I do not wish to hold you up chit chatting and small talk. Her teal orbs roamed the forest around them, then settled back on the mare and stallion once again.

words words

Image Credits

@Deimos
@Auriel

Heather

Deimos the Reaper

The Reaper had always granted his children endless freedom. They’d be permitted to wander where their hearts and souls desired, they’d been allowed to travel the world and dictate their own fates. Bestowing this could bring them fortune or failure, further encompassing and emboldening their pursuits, their dedications, without him forcing it upon their wild, untamed nuances and regimes. He’d never fixated them with his bridges and mass of hate, of wrath, of villainy – and simply because he’d been taught to indulge in danger, in disaster, in ruin, in creeds and oaths, did not mean his son or daughter needed to either. They would collect and gather their own enemies, their own allies, their own friends and companions (surely more than he’d ever snag and ensnare), without his overbearing calculations and overwhelming presence; but it was slightly amusing to see his child had made an impression with a Pegasus, with a Captain of the Edge, with a maiden who could fly and stab and curl smoke from her mouth. He’d say nothing of meeting her to Erebos, keep it tucked away as a piece of mirth under the all the queries and speculations, all the chiseled foundations of acrimony and distaste (because what drew his son to her, how, why?). The notion sparked a small chuckle from his throat, easing along in a finite smile, likely looking more like his child than ever (for the boy seemed capable of always grinning, just like his mother). “Then you have met my son.” The beast had a thought, now fully distracted from his pursuits, from his hunts, from his depths into the infernal darkness, to explore about what his child had been up to in the woods and along the isles, and parted his mouth to inquire further, but then the other mare (the one who was familiar, but not, all at once; a sea, a spark of contradictions) proceeded with her questions.

Are you from the Basin? He’d claim to be from nowhere else, except as a once refugee from the bitter, rancorous, broken Edge, where they’d fought for what was theirs and it’d been taken from them anyway. But she continued, before he could even begin to process what to say, delving into bits of her sister Hotaru, and the strangeness, the comprehension of her build, of her stature, made sense. The Queen had never spoken of her siblings, and he’d never done the same for her, but neither of them had openly discussed anything beyond herd matters. He was too far-gone on the icy edges of his empire, of the power, of the prestige, nettled and thorned behind their mountain summits and rising peaks, too absorbed in how they could endure, on how they could conquer, to remember and realize how many of them existed with others branching off elsewhere. As she seemed to end her series of observations and deliberations, the beast tilted his head, a mass of predatory, carnivore existence, a substance of sin and earth, a brutal, barbaric entanglement of dominion and supremacy, warriors deluge and calculating airs. “You are correct.” Oh, he was from the Basin, etched and sketched into its very foundation, chilling and sinister, savage and malicious, an unwinding, choking display of their vehemence, of their hate, of the stories and legends that’d brought them amidst the glacial chasm. He was sewn into its sails and had bled across their banners. He’d do it time and time again too: for the sake of their empire, for the sake of their compatriots, for everything and nothing. “I am its King.” And its servant, its warrior, its guardian.

Photo and Table by Time

@Auriel @Raeden