the Rift

[PRIVATE] the lonely and the divine

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
And I've grown familiar
With villains that live in my head

The coast was not cold enough for snow to fall—especially not this coast, edged with sumptuous, dark mountains and subtropic plants—but it did have a tendency towards bouts of heavy rain come winter.

It was by no means a pleasant rain so much as a nightmarish deluge, a cold and foul storm that thundered against sand and sea alike. Occasional a fork of lightning would split apart the marbled gray skies, leaving the world edged in a fine, violet light for a split second. Nymeria didn't mind the storm as much as she could have. Oh, she was wet, soaked down to the bone, skin lashing tightly across the curves of her sensuous hips—but she was warm when others would be cold. Her magic was astonishingly practical and diverse in application: the water that drizzled down her skin and pooled in the crook of her spine she was able to keep constantly heated, preventing any sort of unpleasant chilling sensation. And as for a more visual result? She steamed in a strange and enigmatic way, grey shrouding her form in an ethereal cloak.

The water was everywhere—it drowned out all other sounds—and bless, it felt good to be deaf. Lilómiel, cradled upon her withers, was less interested in her apathy. His eyes burned in the shadows (a flaming and heated red) and his tongue periodically slithered forth from his teeth to check the air. The rain was less a blessing than a curse to him; she supposed if she exhaled flame she might feel the same.

Still, she was hardly expecting them to engage in conflict anytime soon. This was a routine patrol; she was out seeking information, nothing more and nothing less.

Well... maybe not nothing more or less. She was seeking something else—but that something was a little more difficult to label.

image credits

OOC: It'll get better as the thread picks up!

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
Moonlight Sonata

Alune had wandered far from the World's Edge, from the safe canopy of the Moon's thick forest and sharp edges, he had gone to the farthest coast and beyond. The crossing to the Island had been less than exciting, the low tide had made it considerably easier before the ocean came to claim what had been lost. A greedy maw of frothing foam and dark blue waters, tumultous in their motion and dedicated in their reclaiming. The air was no better, humid and heavy, it tasted of rainstorms and a hard night. There would be no going back to the mainland for the blue hued Goliath.

Even when the rain had hit, the tears hard and unrelenting on his hide to reduce his luminous looking locks to silver spirals which stuck wetly to his thick neck. The glistening scythes which crowned his head glistened and glowed with each fork of lightning which lashed across the sky, in the night and chaotic elements, they spoke of deadly intent — silent lullabies of danger and ribbon flesh. This lordly seer was not always the pious creature he appeared to be, and in the night he came forth as a beast blessed with the moon's touch. He had long grown used to the way the rain pelted off of him, soaking and revealing the ample amounts of hardened muscle and sinew which rippled beneath. Marked him as a man of action and not just a man of sweet stories and chivalrous words. Plate sized hooves made the ground groan and squelch unpleasantly under his lapis hooves, yield beneath his titanic mass as it moved with a grace which betrayed everything he appeared as now. He floated, serenely but determined over the ruined grasses and sucking mud in order to find a safe haven for the night.

He saw her then, out of the corner of his silver orbs, all curves and smoke. Like a phantasmal dream come to life with an exhaled breath to break the silence. A breath exhaled between lust and roving minds. A vision to be sure, the large stallion noted. Despite himself, he was still just a stallion, and he appreciated the curves and delicate but intentional dips which made her, her. The dragon which rested upon her withers did not escape his gaze either, a creature which body he hoped to become one with. To take shape and fly as they did. So far, his quest had been slow to start. One day soon, he would be glistening silver scales with crowns more impressive than the four which sat upon his head now. One day.

She was a vision that should not be out in a rainstorm no matter the reason. Alune's hooves stilled to a stop and he swung his chiselled head in her direction. "What brings a fair lady out in this weather?" He rumbled out, thick baritone like dark velvet against satin, neck outstretched to extend greetings towards her. "Surely, you would feel more comfortable out of the rain?" The Seer suggested, leonine tail resting with a flick against the mud and tarnished grasses.

We are all like the bright moon
we still have our darker side

@Nymeria
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
Mood: And The World Was Gone by the Snow Ghosts

And I've grown familiar
With villains that live in my head

There's someone, Lilómiel informed her warily. Someone? She asked with melodious concern.

Nym drifted to an idle halt, minuscule droplets of water clinging to her lush lashes. Rain trickled down her spine, swirled down her flanks; her mane, dripping and wet, knotted across her sinewy neck. Her nostrils flared delicately to expose a thin ribbon of red flesh, but with the downpour she could find no trace of the stranger Lil had detected. Brows pinch together—she closes her eyes, focusing on the bond between dragon and equine.

It was an unnecessary motion. There, a faint drumbeat beneath the melody of the rain on sand and sea, were the sounds of approaching hooves. Like she'd experienced with past horses of considerable size, there was a certain tempo and heftiness to the stranger's pace.

For a moment longer she savoured her relative silence. Then she turned her head, haunches still posed towards the stallion's face, peering seductively over her rump. A faint smile (a leftover from a happier woman) pressed itself upon her silvered features. The stallion—he was not what she expecting, but when was that ever the case? Time and time again Helovia had proven to be more diverse than she remembered. Gone were the days of Argen's roan coat and Volterra's simple white blaze; now it was all brightly-colored unicorns and horned stallions.

His coat (muted blue) was a sonata unto itself, a countermelody to her smoke and shadow. She admired it—lingered over it—before her eyes made their way up to Alune's chiseled face.

"You'd be surprised," she said coolly, simultaneously answering and ignoring both questions at once. "How about you come and join me?"

image credits

@Alune
OOC: I'm sorry it's so short—I figured it was better short than nothing at all!

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions