the Rift

[OPEN] your dirty paws [continued]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

She smelled the blood. It ran, hot and pungent, from his face where the sharpened edge along the bridge of her helm bit into the skin as her head butted up against the stranger. It became a thick red line in the center that trickled tributaries down the sides, dripping into the gaps for her eyes and down onto her muzzle where she could taste the coppery victory. It was savage, it was violent, and at this moment it felt so damn good. There had been a part of her that was being kept locked away during her days as Sultana, something she had needed as a warrior but got in the way diplomacy; it purred to be let out again. This is who you are… who you were always meant to be.

She felt him yank himself back, almost as the steel around her head heated in the fire from what she might have thought a mere ornamentation. She pulled back to, shying her head away from fire and letting out a heated growl. Fire was supposed to be the weapon of The Sun, of the Dragon’s Throat, and it grated her pride in both to have it used against her. 

The words he spoke only provoked more outrage. “…equines who have not been favored… your kind…” Is that why he thought she had come to he healer’s aid? The idiot! How dare he try and bring her down to a battle between races. This was about herds, about family! Even if Morrigan hod not been instrumental in keeping her alive once, she would still have risen in her defense; Megaera was the Sultana of Dragon’s Throat, it was her goddamned JOB!

The bi-eyed cretin moved quickly to his right (her left…she HATED opponent being on her left!) and she tried to pivot with him. She yanked back her wings, trying to tuck them safely out of his reach and onto her back but he had moved to quickly and his teeth caught a mouthful of feathers before Megaera managed to get it clear, but she was still yanking and the grip of his teeth ripped three of the secondaries from their places. “AHHH!! You miserable BASTARD!” She bit through the pain with an angry yell and eyed him with provoked savagery. “You think this is about wings or horns?! You obviously don't know where the fuck you ARE!”

She laughed at him, shoving up on hind legs to strike her fast front hooves toward the flesh of his neck and chest (and if his face took another blow, well, hey, all the better, but he was taller than she). “This is about what is mine!” she punctuated the word with a blow. “I am MEGAERA! SUNSPEAR AND SULTANA OF THE DRAGON’S THOAT!! DON’T. YOU. EVER. PRESUME. TO. TARGET. MY. FAMILY. AGAIN.” Each word of her last sentence rung through the air as she bellowed them, and each has paid with an attempted assault on the stallion with her flying hooves.

"."
[ooc:: For @Oultik :3 ]
Megaera
there is a war inside my heart gone silent
both sides dissatisfied and somewhat violent
image credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Oultik Posts: 18
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 7 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Erakro :: Lion :: None TierRen
Oultik

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong.

No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first.

And is waiting for it."

-Terry Pratchett

“AHHH!! You miserable BASTARD!” Oultik's eyes creased with mirth and a smile, normally straight, was tipped crooked by wicked amusement. How unoriginal she was. Bless her. “You think this is about wings or horns?! You obviously don't know where the fuck you ARE!” Oh, but it did not matter where he was. Oultik was just another shallow man. "Nor--does-- it--- fucking--- matter." His darkly mottled lip curled at uttering the oafish word. As rugged as he was around the edges Oultik found swear words to be distasteful. There were more eloquent ways of voicing displeasure; words spoken should be planned more carefully planned. Even more so than actions. Contrary to popular belief Oultik thought words to be louder than actions. Actions are sometimes unable to be fully realized but words are realized the moment that they are voiced.

“This is about what is mine!” Oultik harumphed at her and smirked, calm in the face of her anger. "I do not believe that she is yours." Surely even pegasi kind had put themselves morally above keeping slaves. “I am MEGAERA! SUNSPEAR AND SULTANA OF THE DRAGON’S THOAT!! DON’T. YOU. EVER. PRESUME. TO. TARGET. MY. FAMILY. AGAIN.” "What a mouthful." Oultik was unimpressed. He looked at her with an easily lidded gaze that belonged more to a man who gazed upon an insect; an insect with a small dose of poison in its possession. One only slightly worth his time.

Even as her hooves reached out to him Oultik smirked. He needed her. Oultik needed her in a way that made his sensibilities flinch away. The man needed her to refuel his hatred towards pegasi. To be filled with such hate was exhausting. At times it was as though the hatred consumed itself and faded; leaving Oultik no more than another lost soul. It was his hate that provided Oultik with purpose. To lose that would leave him with not knowing how to live. To him Megaera was only another winged one that he goaded into stoking his fires.  

"Enough." Oultik struck his foreleg out at the bay pegasus "We have nothing more to gain from one another." Oultik eyed the mare with unconcealed disdain. "I will leave that mare alone." He said it as though he was doing her a favor and not as if he had just lost a fight. "But take to the sky bird, I will not turn my back to you to walk away." Nor did he wish for her to see that he would limp away.

OOC;; @Megaera

[Image: outlik_pixel_by_danjahmouse_d9wbjh9_by_t...9zd0je.gif] [Image: VsRNHQ7.png]