the Rift

[OPEN] blood bank

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
tilney
and oh, there is more to this life
Tilneys last trek to his former home had now been a handful of months ago. What a night it had been though! Tilney had hardly felt a greater honour than to welcome baby Rein into the world and give all his good wishes to his deer friend Rexanna. Motherhood certainly became her, she was fierce as ever. He was certain that her golden boy would have a remarkable life ahead of him. 
That fateful night Tilney had also met one or two new friends. Tiamat of the Basin had stood out to him the most as a dedicated candidate for a future role as a Time Mender. He admired her dedication and apparent love for healing; it reminded him very much of himself.

It was that oceanic mare he had trekked so far to see; Both her and her colleagues. He longer to know more about how menders healed in their northern, frostbitten climate. Flora would be scare up here in the roof of helovia compared to his own lush domain in the western territory. Tilney was also sure that the plant life was much different in the basin; All he knew was that he had a lot to learn about northern healing and mending.

To keep the journey a little less tiresome, Tilney sang most of the way. Lucky for the hibernating birds and various winter creatures, he had quite a pleasant voice. Singing songs about his homeland and even places far far away kept the boredom off the seemingly endless walk. When the bronze boys hooves began to take him through the frozen arch however, he hushed. He didn't want to alert the sentenials - He would forever be frightened of them.
Fearful that he would be treated as an intruder, Tilney kept his distance from the enchanted structure, although he was sure that his home of the Edge was allied with the Basin was it not? Would he still be treated as a tresspasser? Deciding not to gamble the chances, He tossed his cloak over his haunches, shook his lions mane collar to cover his chilling body and sent a wild, echoing neigh and nicker about the basin to announce his arrival.
image credits

OPEN TO ALL BASIN HEALERS!!!

@Tiamat

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli

tiamat</style>
we run like a river runs to the sea</style>

Lowering her head awkwardly, Tiamat grips a handful of sticks in her mouth, with a few others tucked under her chin as she rises, her slender neck arching in towards her chest to hold them. Surely it is an amusing sight to watch, this blue mare nearly waddling in her awkward posture, shuffling through the powdery snow to a larger pile of sticks that sits tucked up against the mountain. Although Tiamat doesn’t need them herself, she figures it would be nice for others—fires are a popular thing this time of year, after all, and she would hate to have someone suffer in the cold.

This particular pile is in the middle of a gathering of caves, and with the wood kept from most of the snow, she figures someone will make use of it. Happily, she works, humming as she toddles around. Tiamat imagines singing to the trees as she hums, occasionally accompanied by the whistle of her horn as a breeze resonates through the hollow carvings. Although she works alone, she doesn’t feel lonely, her features brightened with her usual cheer as she makes her way to the mountain side.

Nudging her current bundle of sticks into her little pile, Tiamat is distracted when she hears the kindly call, the tones of the sound just barely familiar enough to stir vague memories. Raising her head, the ocean mare pivots on dainty heals and pushes towards the Basin’s entrance at a trot, blue knees lifting high as she ploughs through the thick drifts of snow (perhaps having a little too much fun, bounding in dancing leaps and laughing in delight by the time she nears her destination). Once the caramel stallion comes into view, Tiamat recognizes him instantly.

“Tilney!” She calls happily, a wide smile breaking across soft lips, her eyes alight with pleasure and her cheeks flushed from the frigid cold. “What a wonderful surprise,” the ocean mare says breathlessly once she halts before him, not hesitating a moment to reach out to him, dark whiskers seeking to embrace him in a gesture of friendship. She may not be as familiar with the antlered stallion as some others, but that does nothing to stop her from embracing him as a friend. If nothing else, the blue mare had been quite impressed with his chivalry—remembering his generous offer to share his furred garments in order to keep warm.

She only makes the best assumptions of his character.

With her grin never faltering from her lips, the ocean mare continues, a trace of laughter lacing her voice. “What brings you this far north, my friend? You’re quite a ways from home,” there is nothing in her expression to suggest that she would like anything else—the genuine delight in her eyes highlighting how much his visit is appreciated, “Is there anything I can do for you?” The mare leans her body forward as if to take a step, but cloven hooves remain where they are, her long tail curling happily behind her.

“Speech.”

@Tilney | credit
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
tilney
and oh, there is more to this life
Just like magic the fellow he had come here seeking was the first to show her blue body on the snow-swept horizon. Tilney! she had called; he was glad she actually remembered his name! The bronze man accepted her embrace with once of his own, lightly tucking his head over her shell littered neck. "Tiamat!" He cooed "It's wonderful to see you again". Of course he hadnt come all this way without a reason, so when she quizzed him he replied instantaneously. "I have come seeking you actually! I was wondering if you had the time to teach me about the flora you use to heal up here in this climate, and also Northern healing practises in general" 

His words had been clear but excited. He couldn't wait to learn form Tiamat and possibly other basin menders. This bronze man knew there was much to learn. The time he had spent as a scourge had been incredibly short and he unfortunately had not learned much at all. A lesson with Tiamat would better prepare him as a healer as he would know how to heal in different climates. What if he found himself injured at the frostbreath steppe? Presently he had no idea what to do when you were ill in the snow, he was used to the mild climate of the Worlds Edge.

He would take the opportunity though to ask Tiamat if she knew how little Rein was, and his mother. Both were very dear to him. It had also been where tilney had met the lovely oceanic healer. "Tell me, do you know how Rein and dear Rexanna are getting on? Perhaps I might pay them a visit while I am up north"
image credits

WOOT 75 POSTS

@Tiamat
also @Rexanna and @Rein - you are mentioned, feel free to jump in, tilney would love that!

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli

tiamat</style>
we run like a river runs to the sea</style>

The ocean mare can’t help but widen her smile at the caramel stallion’s greeting, his welcome every bit as bright and genuine as her own. He reaches for her as she does for him, and she breathes in his scent of ocean air and pine, delighting in the warmth of their embrace. When the cold Frostfall air settles in between them again, it doesn’t take long for her dear friend to explain his reasons for traveling up the mountainside. White eyes widen happily when he reveals that he has come looking for her (while it is certainly a pleasant surprise, it is a surprise all the same), and delicate ears slant intently forward as he continues.

He has come to learn! While the blue mare has very little knowledge about healing magic and its properties, she does know herbs—very well, actually. She is flattered that Tilney finds her knowledgeable enough to seek her out and learn from her. “Of course! I would love to,” if it is possible, Tiamat’s smile widens even more, the joy in her expression reaching to illuminate her eyes (a spark of playfulness playing in her gaze), “but only if you share some knowledge from your homeland—where is it again?” A breath of laughter sings through the cold air, her jest mingled with curiosity.

She looks up to him with her tail arcing happily behind her, though a dainty blue ear flicks briefly to the side when he asks after Rexanna and her son. Tiamat has not sought out the golden mare like she probably should have done, especially in the weeks following the ordeal of a birth; but she has seen the pair from a distance around the Basin, and has noticed nothing amiss. She is confident that Rexanna—or Ashamin—would seek her out if there was anything gravely wrong.

“Unfortunately I’ve only seen them from a distance, but they both seem to be doing wonderfully. Little Rein has already seemed to make good use of his legs,” Tiamat shakes her head with a soft smile, remembering that leggy little boy who looks so much like his parents. She is delighted for them both, knowing Rexanna and Ashamin to be good—great—people. They deserve happiness.

Exhaling blissfully, the blue mare nods her head in earnest agreement when Tilney mentions seeing them. “Oh I hope you do! I’m sure they would love to see you,” there is no trace of doubt in her tone, confident as she is in this world and its good people. “We might see them around here; come! I’ll show you to the medic’s cave, and our greenhouse,” gesturing over her shoulder, Tiamat pivots on dainty heels before heading down the mountainside and into the Basin’s snow-covered valley. She lifts cloven hooves high in a bouncy trot, pushing her way through the snow, making sure that the caramel stallion is never far from her shoulder.

notes; OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!<333
“Speech.”

@Tilney | credit
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.