the Rift

[OPEN] First Thirst

Cortana Posts: 9
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 2
ShadowMare

And out of fire

and Ice

I had wondered away from the side of my mom, she was rather boring to be around anyways. All she did was think, I couldn't possibly understand how she could always be so consumed in her mind, but then again I didn't understand a lot of things. Just like how momma didn't understand that I wasn't into the whole mother-daughter relationship bull that she tried. It's not my fault, I guess I was just born that way. Or how that I like that red stuff, what what it again? OH BLOOD. Yes yes, I loveee the coppery taste of blood, instead of that stuff that momma makes. My stomach made some noises at the thought of it, and I was reminded that I am hungry. Last time I had some blood was when daddy lashed out at momma and I licked her boo-boo, just trying to help, but little did momma and daddy know that I enjoyed the taste. I'd have to find some drink soon, or I'm sure I'll die. 

I kept walking away from momma, I heard her call after me but I didn't answer. It surprised me actually, she doesn't normally pay me much attention(I mean I don't either but that's not the point) that stupid leopard got more love then I did! I am an independent woman now! I don't need no mother to hold me back! So I just kept on walking, the snow covering up my tiny hoof tracks as I slipped further and further away from everything I knew and into everything I didn't. 

My eyes were enlightened with my newfound favorite color; red! It poured and poured from the air, and settled into a pond of glittering crimson. If this wasn't heaven for me, I'm not quite sure what else it could be. I trotted to the bay, and plunged my mouth into the water. My throat was not met with the warmth of crimson, but rather the icy taste of nothing. I let out an annoyed squeal, the water played a trick on me! My stomach growled in protest, and I searched for something, anything, to relieve my hunger. Perhaps I'm not so much of a big girl as I thought, I cried out for momma, hoping that she would return to my side with a nice juicy rabbit, or anything that contained the source of my survival.  The crimson liquid had consumed my thoughts, and as more and more time passed, I grew wearier, falling into a crumpled ball of pity. I was going to die hungry. 

chat chat

OCC: Ahh a nice dose of dramatic, starving vampire for your day! @Carnassial 

A monster is born

image credits

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Nox had been in this land many of times. The blood falls did not enchant him like it could others. He was use to seeing the crimson substance floating all around him and begging to be warmed by a body again. His heavily horned skull looked above to the trees canopying over top of the demonic stallion. His black body moved like an eerie demonic shadow. His body crept through the wooded world as his black hooves cracked the small twigs under his weight. His scared body danced around the tree trunks with a hair raising demonic feel until he saw it.

The little creature hugged the side of the bloody falls. Her body was deep with black tones, and her little mane glowed with purple. His large crown tilted to the side as his stone cold orbs watched her squeal with displeasure. She spat the water out onto the ground as her tired body seemed like it was collapsing under her weight. He hovered in the shadow for a bit longer before stepping out to reveal him self. His muscled body rippled in the light of the sun as he began to walk towards the young filly. His scared pelt glowed with black imperfections. Nox was like a demon appearing to take the child's soul to hell. He moved like a zombie as his muscles pulled him across the ground. Closer, and closer his dark figure came to the filly. Then he halted like a reaper in front of her. His heavy skull lowered to look into her purple eyes with cold frozen gray eyes. "Where is your mother, you should not be alone." His voice roared with a deep Latin voice as his skull remained in the same spot. "What is your name little one? I am Nox, do you need anything?." His voice questioned the little one softly. It was almost surprising to hear kind words come from a demonic stallion, but truth is he did not want to hurt her. He knew she needed her mom and it looks like he needs to find her, or help this little creature.

"Talk."
There is nothing Glorious about dying.
anyone can do it.
image credits

@Cortana

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Outcast
ShadowMare

And out of fire

and Ice

I am not like momma, momma always knows when predators are around. She can always sense them from miles away, but little young naive me, does not understand until he is coming towards me. He looks scary, but no fear is felt in my heart, for only the fear of this aching hunger in my stomach consumes my thoughts. I try to focus on the scared man, but it is hard when he moves so slow, so eerie in this night of cold weather and crimson auroras. My little ears flicker back and my body goes all rigid and tense, but I do not understand why I feel this way. Momma had not explained to me what this meant, like she hadn't with so many things, so I assumed that it was simply the sheer deprived hunger in my stomach. Where was she anyways? I don't care either way. All momma is to me is a supplier of the very thing I need most; blood.

My head pounds, a throbbing pain overwhelms me and I almost do not hear the black man speak. He looms over me, and I squirm to my feet, almost falling forward with my weakness. I only wanted to make the man seem a little less intimidating; a little less large in a world so massive. He doesn't seem so bad, but I don't get some of his words, or the sound of them either. They were in some accent that was rich and deep, beautiful to my ears that hunger for the darkness that the melody of his lips made. Perhaps it was the fogginess that ensnared my brain, or my inexperience, but I replied the best I could. "I not afraid." I said with the most power in mu words that I could add, although with mi starvation, it was little and I'm disgusted by this weakness that so wholly encompassed my body. I just want to be strong and powerful like momma is, even though I hate to admit it. "Cortana-" I paused, so very hungry, the reflection of red in his barren, grey eyes teasing me. "Blood. I need blood."

chat chat

OCC: 

A monster is born

image credits

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
[Image: 56933a9cc0382]
R E I N

Uh.

He had messed up.

The blood stained prince was beginning to slip from his mother's side more often, to wander where he could, when he could. When she left him with his father, this was easiest. Sometimes he would tell one parent he was going to see the other, then instead of doing that, have an adventure. He would normally travel to a place near to the Basin, but this time, he had gone a bit too far.

It was a surprisingly easy place to find, he had wandered the Steppe, as he does so often, then ended up here—wherever here was. It was ominous, though, that much was certain. The waterfalls bled crimson, the vegetation blaring similarly colored scarlet hues. He wasn't sure if he was a fan. The red was like his markings, his spots and exotic stripes, but similarity, he had learned, was not necessarily the equivalent to something good.

But he heard sounds, a dark, rumbling voice and a higher pitched one. The dark was familiar, and caught his attention immediately. He trotted towards the sound, ears pricked, a smile on his lips. The demonic stallion's name was on his lips, but it became lodged in his throat, stifled by the sight of a girl—and the lyrics that fell from her lips.

"Blood. I need blood."

His indigo eyes stared at the girl, so much smaller than himself, her features startling, portraying a look he had never known before. The violet doll compelled him in a strange way. He was confused, curious, driven by the need to make her feel better, get her what she needed.

It became apparent to Rein that the only way to sedate his need was to fulfill hers.

"You can have suma mine," Rein spoke, lacking hesitation, giving Nox a nod before looking back to the violet girl expectantly.

hope you don't mind me throwing Rein in here ^^;
@Mortuus Nox @Cortana

son of a thief and a priest

[Image: 56b8020492908]

Dressy
Gray eyes shifted to the sky above, his scared pelt glowed where his skin laid bare. Coldness drifted across his face as he saw the clouds start to roll in. They started to blanket the sky with their grim darkness. His great horned skull remained to the sky as the transformation took over his body. The scars started to bleed and pour crimson substance over the thick muscles. His gray eyes shut feeling the sting, but quickly opened back up to look at the little creature. The substance dripped upon the red covered ground and almost near the hooves of the small creature. His demonic crowned skull shifted to the side as she said she was not scared. He chuckled a bit thinking of that. How could such a young creature even know what fear was? She did not know of death yet, and she had seen no evil in the world; until now.... Nox was a crypt keeper holding a deadly secret locked within his damned soul. He was a demon like creature from hell, but he had a soul. It might be damned, but it was a soul.

She spoke her name Cortana, and his black velvet maw smiled softly lowering to her. "Nice to meet you" His Latin voice roared from hell as he spoke. The blood dripped from his body as the clouds continued to travel across the night sky."It does not hurt, I am ok " he motioned to his bleeding body to tell her he knew what was happening. He let his maw reach out to catch the small filly as she went to stand. He could not let her fall to the ground. His cold eyes looked at her as she remained there, then another voice appeared from the woods. It was Rex's child Rein. Nox watched the little colt walk over to the two. He smiled softly reaching out to touch the colts shoulder "Hello Rein, you are far from home. Does your mother know you are here?" The two were not running nor hiding, from him. Did children just attract to him? Then he heard Blood, the child needs blood? His heavy skull turned quickly back to the filly with question on his face, but coldness in his eyes. "You need blood? How about you lay back down little one." His voice showed concern as he would help guide her back down to the ground if she did lay down. Rein then stepped up saying she could have his. Nox shook his head softly nudging the small child a little to push him a bit out of the way."If something happened to you while you were with me, your mom would have my Ba.... Head, she would have my head." He shook his head to keep from saying Balls around the children. If she needed blood, he had it readily dripping from his body. What would happen if he feed her thirst, would she turn into a blood sucking monster? His legs folded under his large body laying down in front of the filly. A open gash on his shoulder would be right in front of her maw. "Take my blood if you need. It would just be wasted on the ground below us, it will not bother me. You must Swear to not drink from another Equine with out permission though. " He spoke slow and soft with his deep voice in hopes she would understand.

"Talk."
anyone can do it.
image credits

@Cortana
@Rein

Outcast
ShadowMare

And out of fire

and Ice

Weakness plagues me like some sort of awful thing in this world, I do not know what is out there, don't know how truly terrible the land's are, but if it could get worse to the feeling that ate through my young skin, I was sure that I would not make it out alive. How could momma not tell me? Anger, confusion, and hunger riddles my stomach into some sort of melody, the melody's tones started to scream of impulse, of an instinct that was foreign as I find myself recovering a animal type strength after the black man helped me gain my balance, the hunger starvation completely controlling me.

I barely even gave my mind a chance to consider, to think, to look at the golden boy that was splattered with blood I so desperately needed. I tried to hear Mortuus Nox, and the good side of me wanted to listen to him, but as the sky turned gray and my eyes were entranced by the sight of the new boy, I could not. The smell of blood stung my nostrils, and then I was blinded. My conscious no longer spoke, no longer tried, as my confused, little brain goes after the nearest thing to me, the one that looked like everything I wanted versus the one I had not realized I should've gone after. The last of my control slips away as I lunge for the strong boy I did not even know anything about, teeth latching on to the lower left side of his shoulder, the blood that spilled into my mouth exploding in my mind as I feel the strength return to my frail small body. I do not want to cause him pain, but the liquid that coated my mouth, dripped from my lips, well it was just so hard to contain.

I pull away then and I look down, too full of shame, too sure that I am a Monster. I try to mumble out a thank you, try to raise my eyes to the kind boy and the scarred man, but I can't. Perhaps this first thirst, should be my last.

"I so-so sowry." She manages, purple eyes still bent with guilt.

chat chat

OCC: well

A monster is born

image credits

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
[Image: 56933a9cc0382]
R E I N

It was quick. As soon as the words left his mouth, a sea of violet washed over him, tore at his skin, spilled his blood for the first time. He gasped softly, taking a single step back, faltering under the girl's weight - no, her need. He hadn't expected it to hurt as much as it did, to feel so dizzy and so hungry as she drank.

But it didn't bother him. He bit his lip, tucked his head, and closed his eyes, breathing in the violet dove's scent. It smelled like home, like the Basin. It comforted him, the familiarity easing the throbbing pain that sizzled through his shoulder. But it was over soon, as her lips left his golden skin, leaving a small bite mark. He studied the wound, and the blood that now ran from it.  

He looked to Nox, a small smile on his lips. "Mom doesn't know I'm here. Please don't tell," He begged softly, fondly touching the stallion's shoulder. Though he immediately regretted this, for the pain that throbbed in his shoulder worsened as he moved. More blood surged through the wound, running down his leg and beginning to pool at the ground. He rolled his shoulder, wincing at the movement, holding back tears as pain shot up his neck and down his back.

Unfortunately, now was not the time to cry, for the violet girl needed to know it was okay. He looked down at the smaller filly, smiling, his blue gaze sympathetic. He fell to her side, touching his nose to hers if she would allow it.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm fine," Rein assured her. Although he said that, the world looked kind of fuzzy and he was so hungry. "I'm Rein, what's your name?" The colt offered, his features still relaxed and pleasant despite the growing discomfort he felt, especially as his blood began to cake and pool under his forelegs. But the flow was slowing, beginning to halt, though it stung no less.

The fact that it hurt didn't matter to him though, for the violet dove had her blood, and he was happy to give it to her.

i'm a posting machine today idk @Mortuus Nox

son of a thief and a priest

[Image: 56b8020492908]

Dressy
The young filly darted for the colt. Her legs moved faster than Nox could move to reach her, and then the gasp left his mouth. Rein had been bit by the small creature, and Nox was unsure what to do at the point in time."Fuck I am dead...." His bleeding body moved over to the golden body to keep him on his feet when she let go of his shoulder. The words had slipped out because that is all he could think about. He helped keep the boy on his feet as he begged for him not to tell his mother. Nox shook his head, he could not even watch a child with out it getting hurt. A sigh left his mouth as he looked to the boy "She is going to ask what happened little one. She will know I was with you." His deep Latin voice rumbled low in his chest. As he shook his head watching the blood bleed and flow. Gray eyes turned to the small girl and he smiled."I know it is not your fault, we need to find something to help you with this." His muzzle reached out to touch his shoulder. Then his eyes shifted through the woods.

His cracked hooves headed to the woods edge to collect some herbs. He needed to stop the bleeding in this child right now. First he found Agrimony, it would help stop the bleeding from the inside. He quickly picked it then found some rose leaves to crush and place on the bite. It would clot the blood from the outside. His maw crushed the leaves as he moved closer to the child "This will help stop the bleeding." His muzzle pressed the crushed leaves on the wound. Then his gaze looked at the other herb. "Eat those leaves ." Gray eyes looked over to the girl with a smile as he moved off into the woods again.

His gaze caught a very odd looking plant, it looked like red veins growing from the ground. It had no leaves of fruit attached to it. When he bit into the plant it seemed to bleed, and it help the slightest taste of blood. His body felt nourished almost the instant he swallowed it. he picked more of the odd plant and walking in front of both children. "Both of you eat this and tell me if it makes you feel better.." He nudged it towards the weak boy and the now stronger girl. His eyes looked kindly upon the small filly. It was not her fault she was hungry and weak.

"Talk."

Nox found a new herb for Cortana and Rein !!

It looked like veins filled with a red sap substance that is sweet, but has a slight blood like taste. He hopes that it will make Rein feel nourished, and it will be a good substitute for Cortana when she can't drink blood.
anyone can do it.
image credits

@Rein
@Cortana

Outcast
ShadowMare

And out of fire

and Ice

I don't know how to think anymore, what to do with myself. I can feel this strange weight upon my shoulders and it hurts, I try not to focus on it, but if I don't then I'll be forced to talk with the kind men around me. I try to reason, words from Nox fluttering around in my head as lick away the rest of the remnants of my disgraces. The dried blood that still lingered on my tongue turned bitter, my utter disgust of my actions souring the taste that was once so sweet, so lovely.

The golden's touch brought me back to the situation at hand. He was so gentle, but I couldn't help to look at the bleeding wound on his body, and know that it's there because of me. I wanted to sink into the shadows, to hide from them, to hide from this monster inside me. I was scared, my purple orbs reflecting the sadness and fear inside them as I forced myself to face the man; I owed him that at least. "It's not okay, Rein. It not." She muttered, her body leaning into his embrace, so gentle, so kind... "I Cortana, the-thank yous" I said, my little heart clenching as tears threatened to come. Why had he chosen to help me? I did not deserve this care, but yet he had fearlessly offered it to me.

I pulled away from him as Mortuus Nox returned, his mouth full of these plant looking things. The same could be said with him, why had he offered me so much when he knew so little about me. I smiled though, eagerly taking the roots, if he thought it could help cure me and cure Rein I'd gladly take it. I didn't want to be a monster, I wanted to be like everyone else, but it seemed that such desires were going to take a lot of work. Munching on the roots, a sweet taste exploded in my mouth, it was quite refreshing, and yummy tasting too. Maybe Daddy would approve of this, maybe I'd be liked more if I can just eat this root! My lips curled into a smile, and I tottered over to Mortuus Nox's side, "Thank yous! Thanks yous!" I said happily, glancing back over to Rein, my childish mind thankfully not letting his sight remind me of the awful I had done only minutes earlier. "Do yous feel better Ree-ein?"

chat chat

OCC: little crazy up and down filly   

A monster is born

image credits