the Rift

[OPEN] Magenta Night

Zailah Posts: 10
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4
ShadowMare

Zailah
I do not know fear

The caves and caverns of the riptide isles had been her home for way too long. She had wondered amongst them as if there was no other world outside the currents of blue waters that surrounded her. She hadn't come in contact with another horse in so long it seemed. The darkness of her caves much to tempting, why make friends when you can live in the dark and not have to speak to anyone? But of course, somehow in her thoughts, a grumpy idea was dumb enough to tell her how her life would become nothing, would become rotted by the solitarily light casted only by her on the jagged rocks. So she peered out from her caves, blush eyes pulsing as she looked over the lands. All the lands that she had yet to explore, yet to cross over the tide and be free of the company of rock, which was no company at all for the magenta. 

She set out, crossing over to everything that she knew little of. The pink queen was hasty in her travel, wanting only to find comfort in the darkness, for all the bursting colors and lights of this fresh scene was giving her a headache. Her body was slick with the salty water, glowing appendages pulsing in the starry night as her feet finally struck the soft sands of Helovia. It was dark, her body the only source of light besides the dim stars above, Zailah stuck out quite sorely in this cold night. Pulsing orbs searched for any signs of threat, or life at all. Surely there were others, and her travel to this isle was not a waste? Remembering her first entrance here, the mare did not fret, there were hundreds of creatures here, she would just have to wait until she came upon one. Exhaustion seeped into her body, the swim here was no easy one, so with an attempt to keep warm she trudged along the sea shore, searching for shelter in the little light of new beginnings. 

OCC: Meet Zai! I love for someone to recruit her <3

talk talk talk
TheArtlex

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

i've got my feet on the ground

and i don't go to sleep to dream

She arrived here hours ago, desiring to be lulled by the beautiful heartbeat of the sea – the tumbling waves that tickle at her feathery ankles sends her brain quiet and her body relaxed. There she stands  as a lonely silhouette on the beach, the wind playing with her thick ebony hair, her honey eyes closed, she dreams. Something wakes her and those bright golden  gaze of hers flickers open to find a stranger clamoring out of the waves. At first Macaria thinks perhaps it is a vision or a mirage, or she is still dreaming, but no...there really is a vibrantly colored mare in front of her, freshly born of the waves. She watches the woman carefully for a moment and soon lets a whicker purr from her tightened pink lips, her muzzle extending with a silent hello.

Normally Mac would be bouncing from side to side, talking and tapping her feet restlessly – asking questions and more questions before answers could be given for the last. She doesn't feel that way right now though. Instead she feels calm, curious still (always), but subdued.

Her dapples begin to ignite and crackle across her back, shoulders and neck. Sparks erupt softly at first and then a little more with each passing ­second. They snap from her skin and float dance a short lived little ballet before falling to the ground where they sizzle out in the cold sand. Her ears are drawn straight up and her head stretched out with inquisitiveness about the mare peeling out of the freezing waters. One of her golden eyes remains hidden beneath a swath of her long forelock, the other watches the stranger with wonder. Her long tail takes it's normal position, trailing her with it's cloudy plume slowly tossing back and forth.

macaria

Image by Psilo!

Zailah Posts: 10
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4
ShadowMare

Zailah
I do not know fear

The waves cast some sort of spell on her, it is one of peace and serenity, something that the Queen had to take advantage of. It seemed that her rule in the Rift had always been full of chocking gases of warfare and disease. This was not to say that she was thankful for her moving here, for even the beauty of Helovia could not soothe the sadness and heartbreak that rested within loosing everything you built, everything you've loved, and everything you've become. She missed it so much, it was almost overwhelming and the magenta wanted to quit, wanted to end this misery, for falling into a sleep of peace, well it was always easier then dealing with the pains and trails of new places and things.

Zailah wouldn't let that happen, she couldn't. For as much as the reaper cast his shadow on her glowing skin, she knew that her family was watching, wherever they slept in the heavens abroad. She would preserve, she would try, for only then could she look upon the faces of her children, of her legacy and know, that she had done well. She looked up to the sky then, a soft, delicate smile lacing upon her lips, I can do this.

The sound of another's presence startled her back into this surreal world, her blush eyes searching for the conjurer. Her orbs fell upon a filly then, some sort of magic popped and sparked off her coat. She was slightly wary at first, but Zailah knew that she could not cast any bitterness to children, they were only children after all. So with the best motherly smile she could offer(which wasn't much, as her heart ached at the sight and spirt of children) she neared the young gray mare. "What is your name dear child? Are you lost?" She asked, a strange concern leaking from her usually guarded words.

OCC: Yay for getting caught up on posts! Zai is in a bit of a rough mindset right now and I'm also trying to figure out her character so give me a little bit <3

talk talk talk
TheArtlex

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

i've got my feet on the ground

and i don't go to sleep to dream

When the mare's pale eyes snap onto the filly she can almost feel it. Mac stares on, trying to read the stranger's expression, her reaction to someone breaking the peace of her solitude. Her steely tail whips like a cats, tossing its bright plume back and forth. This mare seems undisturbed, but something clearly hides behind her crystalline eyes.

Macaria's sparks are starting to drain of their power now, weakening and fading away quickly. The wind carries away any that manage to ignite, whisking them out into the foggy ocean waves. The approaching dawnlight brings with it a storm that has been brewing in open waters for a week or so. Lightening strikes in the distance, accompanied by the booms of faraway thunder. The baby's attention goes to the waves and the churning seas for a moment and a dreamy smile spreads across her rosy lips. “I love the sea-storms.” Her golden gaze finds the magenta woman, “They'll be here by morning, I bet.” She refers to the sunrise that is still a few hours away.

The sand around them glimmers with the ocean-strangers bright colors. She doesn't seem to outright glow, but something about the otherwordly shade of her fur brings her surroundings to life with a faint mist of purplish pink. The moons light finds her well and gives her vibrancy even more liveliness. Mac has never seen anyone equal to her colors or the markings across her coat, she proves to be one of the most interesting looking strangers Macaria has come across in her short life..so far.

macaria

Image by Psilo!

@Zailah