the Rift

Living Life on the Edge

d'Arcy Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 2 years :: Tallsun HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Laine

d’Arcy had decided once and for all that Frostfall was the worst. It was too cold, and food was to hard to find, not to mention that her blood had seemingly abandoned her! Yes, mother had told her she was going but did that make it okay? Was chasing after whispers of a long gone father more important to Nyx than the safety of her daughter? And now Libertad was gone too, and each day he did not appear added to the sick weight in her gut; her brother, her precious twin had left her (for she could not let herself believe that he had come to harm). Even at this tender age she knew she would have died for him, and he had left her—a red rose in the snow, his blood—like she meant nothing. No child is born with a calloused heart, but the little red shadow was well on her way.

She heard the King’s call and for several long minutes stayed where she was in her thorny thicket. She’d taken to sulking under cover in the thick copse of bushes since she’d discovered it several days prior. Snow had fallen thick enough to cover the top to create roof and walls supported by the thick brush and form a little makeshift burrow, it was a tight fit and thorny but at least she could sleep out of the wind and well-hidden. Even in her disconsolate mood, the urge to gather knowledge would not allow her to stay away and so she squeezed herself through the bush and moved out of the woods to the cliffs.

She approached the gathering quietly, and remained on the outskirts, as hidden as she could manage for several moments. Sharp cobalt eyes watched each new arrival lingering over movements and body language as each took their place. The social dynamic had always been fascinating, even if she had little interest in joining it right away. Her brother would always shove himself into the action but d’Arcy had always found it more advantageous to wait and to listen.

Her mother should have been here, the General of the World’s Edge, and as her daughter the filly should have stood beside her. Nyx was gone though, and so too, was d’Arcy’s place in the pecking order of the herd. It was a frightening thing, to realize that without her mother she had no place, no measure of importance and that fact burned through the filly. She couldn’t rely on other’s to make a place for her, not when they could leave or take it away; if d’Arcy wanted a place she had to carve it out for herself. She glanced around again, not knowing what she was looking for. Why did this choice feel so important? Some how she knew that it was, but as innocent as she still was—despite all her pretending—d’Arcy couldn't know how important recent events would be in the path they were sending her down…Those she’d loved had left her hanging, and if she picked herself up now there’ed be no more blind trust ever again. d’Arcy could rely on d’Arcy, and maybe that was all she’d ever trust in again.

Silent and grim-faced the skinny girl picked her way through the crowd and over to a familiar face: the pale sleuth, Raeden. d’Arcy stopped at her side but did not stand to close or make any overly familiar sign of greeting. Eyes flicked up to see if they could catch the mares gaze briefly before sliding back to focus on the leaders. She wasn’t looking for comfort, for another mother figure, this little sneak-in-training was here to learn.

"."
Mentions: @Raeden
You'll see her in your nightmares, you'll see her in your dreams
She'll appear out of nowhere but she ain't what she seems
when I tell you that i love you
don't test my love
accept my love, don't test my love
cause maybe i don't love you all that much

Iscah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I'm a doubting Thomas
I'll take your promise
though I know nothin's safe

Iscah answers the call with caution, still wary of letting his guard down among these Helovians. Even since seeking asylum in the World’s Edge with the purpose of learning more about them, his interactions with the natives have been limited in number and in substance. Naja was still frightened of them, and for good reason, and as he had been trying his best he can to ensure she was comfortable they had kept to themselves in the snowy wood. But hiding could not last forever, he knew that, and even if they could there would be no purpose in it, no drive or good to be accomplished, and so at the King’s summons the stallion moves to answer it with the rest of the herd. He nudges his companion gently guiding her along with movements and murmurs that have become commonplace in their daily lives, him being the eyes for both of them

He travel toward the cliffs with a quiet and efficient step; one his size could easily have been a disruptive war-machine but that was not what he was steadily discovering himself to be. Iscah is the silent observer, the scholar that had once been a priest, and so he tread lightly through the world, the better to see it undisturbed and learn its mysteries. 

It was the steps of this foreign society that were still a mystery to him today, and as he approaches the gathering his unease grows. Silver eyes and hard-lined face are a mask of stoicism but his heart hammers in his great barreled chest: when last he had seen a gathering of Helovians they had been murdering on of his gods. The gods that cast you out? The gods that abandoned you after all your years of service. His teeth grind in irritation, gnawing on the doubts that plague him. He dares not voice them, not ever, for fear of what any waivering on his behalf would do to his priestess. He had to be strong for her, had to be sure, and so he labored every second to make himself appear to be just that.

It is a strange collection, strong and slight, young and old, all gathered at the call of the Elephantine King. There is a white woman, winged like Iscah's pristess, next to him and to the scholar's eyes she seems on a level with Tembovu's importance. But there is more that adoratoin directed at the monatchs, more that respects... there is desention. Quiet and veiled, but the silver eye'd scholar finds more than one face that gazes at the King with disapproval. The blue beast stops amidst the gathering crowd, reaching out with a soft tug at her mane to halt the blind woman at his side. While pupiless eyes roam across the faces, Iscah keeps his head close to hers, quietly describing the scene in exacting detail. 

The priest pauses his commentary when a pale and scarred mare speaks up from the crown; his ears prick forward in sharp attention and her nods at her words before addressing the King in his own deep rumble of a voice. "Aye. I would as after joining the builders as well."

oh me of little faith
Coding by Tamme

Mentions :: @Naja @Tembovu @Glasgow ::

Naja Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It is in Iscah that Naja finds solace. His presence is comforting and the low rumble of his voice as they talk about things that seem to matter very little make her smile. He is more a home to her than Helovia and any herdland held within its borders. As long as she is with Iscah she is comfortable, happy, and protected. Because of this she tends to travel with him wherever he goes because she does not have the strength within herself yet to trust anyone but him.

She is with Iscah, as per usual, when she too hears the summons from the stallion that accepted them into his herd. As much as she would like to ignore a gathering she knows she cannot and at Iscah's beckoning she moves with him. Now and then her wing stretches just enough to make sure he is still at her side. Sometimes she feels his muzzle against her neck or the tug of her mane and she knows to stop because he has stopped. This is the case when they finally reach the gathering. Iscah tugs at her mane and Naja halts then sidles up close to his side and stands quietly, listening.

The pale priestess' head turns when she hears Iscah speak about joining the builders. This surprises her because she thinks he would have gone after a religious role, but then again, she thinks, these gods aren't their gods. Rather than speak up the mare stays silent because she is still unsure of where she fits in to the herd.

"."

To the ends of the earth would you follow me?
There's a world that was meant for our eyes to see

Quentin Posts: 20
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 5.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 5 HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
DarkShadow
Quentin
He was late. Heavens above he'd get shit on for this.

Quentin snorted as he leaped over the broken glass of the wall, fairy wings fluttering to give him a bit of height in his action. He'd been too busy flirting it up, taking names and breaking hearts. Well...not really. But he had met a few new equines here and there, which had been fun. He'd been meandering home to the Edge when something told him to get his ass into gear and get going quick. Of course, being the sassy thing that he was, Quentin hadn't done that in the slightest.

It was only when the booming voice of his leader reached the ears of passerbys and he heard word of a meeting to happen that the brute realized just how screwed (and not in a good way) he was. “Way to go flutterby. Just found yourself a home and you're gonna ruin it.” Pinning his ears at the voices in his head, the male galloped on towards the cliffs, the scents of equines leading him in the direction he was hoping everyone was.

Flying was out of the question, his wings were able to carry him, yes, but they wouldn't flap fast enough or last long enough to get him where he needed to go without falling off or giving out. The latter was more likely, but Quentin wasn't going to chance either happening. His tan hooves thundered on the earth, nostrils flaring, hazel eyes filled with annoyance at himself.

Spotting the herd in the distance, he slowed to a reaching trot, wings fluttering in distress. He'd made it, but not in time. He was the last to arrive and that obviously meant he was late. Late late late. Hiding behind the back of the herd, he peaked around the beings he had no idea who they were, looking at the front line. He spotted Tembovu and Elsa (that lucky little ice witch), standing together. Rohan, that sexy beast, was also at the front of the herd, answering their leader's call in a timely manner. That was the extent of his herd knowledge. “Shocker.” Grunting to himself, the pale Warmblood tried to make himself as small as possible (which was hard) and not stand out (which was even harder).

“Face it, you're gonna get your fancy ass handed to you.” Rolling his eyes, Quentin slunked around to the outside of the herd closest to the king and queen. Keeping his eyes down and his wings sagged, Quentin hoped he looked pitiful enough to be forgiven. “Not likely.” True, but he could hope couldn't he?

"Talking"
"Voices in my head"

OOC- I know I'm late -.- I'll take whatever punishment haha. I haven't been having a good week/month/year so far.

I Can Grant Your Wishes, Baby....
Image Credit
[Image: 568b0cff16b64]

Please tag me in all posts!
Non-lethal magic/force is allowed. Please ask if unsure :)

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

The presence of an uncharacteristic frown tipped Caenan's lips as he made his way towards the meeting that had apparently been called. His mane was tousled and his eyes were swollen. Caenan was sick. The son of the sea ambled to the meeting on the tail end of a member that he had not met before. Upon first seeing him Caenan had wondered if the blue haired stallion might be a fever dream. But the fairy winged pegasus was real, as was the tug Caenan felt at seeing how the other stallion deflated at being late. Surely a character with such vibrant color was one who also sported a smile just as bright.

The pirate was late and did his best to slip into the meeting unnoticed but a trumpet of a sniffle announced his coming. Having already betrayed himself he moved closer to the blue haired stranger and murmured to him, "Aye, mate.." Caenan tipped his ears forward and gave a smile, "Don' fret. Ya ain't the only to show up late."

Groggily Caenan stood beside unique pegasus; the ill and the crestfallen. Caenan looked around at all who had gathered before turning back to the pegasus beside him. In good nature he tilted his chin up and offered a smile, this one more held back by his cold, "So lets keep our chins up." At least they had shown to the meeting. There could only be so many complaints.

@Quentin

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Navy blue eyes fell on Elsa as she came alongside him, a lopsided grin covering his broad muzzle at her cantankerous words as he resisted the urge to tug her slowly-growing mane (not nearly as buzzed as when she first arrived in the Edge). His gaze shifted forward, head nodding in greeting to Tilney’s bow and noting how exhausted the finely antlered nurse looked. One ear tilted to catch Elsa’s jealous growl while the other tilted skyward, feeling the gaze of another on his haunches. He was not given time to turn a questioning look to Elsa, as Iona landed nearby and roughly dislodged ice and water from her wings; the King chuckled at her rough words, though his hide twitched as some frigid icicles landed, darkening buckskin to dark brown. He nodded briefly in reply to her hello, before turning to catch Lyanna’s smile and polite nod. Freyja, another newcomer to the Edge, stood just beyond Tilney and the King returned her nod, looking at her through the man’s crown of antlers.

Though his attention is drawn to by the disappointment that radiates from Alysanne— and he noted the absence of Evangeline’s, his other Moon Doctor. Cobalt eyes linger on Aly for a few moments, regret manifesting in a low whine of Mbwene from her place in the trees (she was not coming into the cold wind), before drifting beyond the piebald sisters to Dacianna awkwardly standing behind them. He offered a smile of greeting to the gold-decorated Riftian.

His grin extended to Roskuld, and he is mildly surprised to see the Sparklight attending the meeting. She originally sought shelter for Frostfall, but perhaps she wished to stay in the herd? He immediately searched for Mauja— would he go greet the mare he offered leadership to?—, but his ears fell back with disappointment as he cannot find the spotted man.

The celestial mare approached the back of the gathering crowd, and the Elephant noted both Katerina’s smile to Elsa and stout avoidance of his own gaze. Lips pursed, unease growing. It grew further still, as Tsavo joined the crowd with lips as tight as his own when her gaze alighted on Elsa. Despite the displeasure pulsing through their bond, Mbwene ambled over to the African-borne mare and lion cub (cubs were much less intimidating than full-grown lions), ears waving in greeting as her trunk reached out wrap around Tsavo’s cannon bone.

Naerys’ appearance cannot be missed, as her glare gave daggers to the King from beside her mother— though his own hard stare waits for the glare to melt from her features before turning his attention elsewhere.

Obviously, the Elephant King would have many to individually address after this meeting.

The dark and secretive Cloak hung at the edges, as did the Edge’s princess, Auriel. Though his brows raise at Rohan’s adherence to the shadows at the back of the meeting— were his eyes barely open? Was he hungover? Briefly, he questioned Nyx’s judgement to have this man act in her stead while she searched for her father.

But his thoughts are drawn to Glasgow, as the scarred and grey mare came forward with questions about crafting ranks. He watched Naja and Iscah approach, the blue man asking after crafting ranks as well, before answering. “Now is the right time, Glasgow, but allow a moment for the rest of the herd to arrive, so that all may hear the answer,” he returned to her, small grin mirroring the smile on her face. Had he seen her smile before? He didn’t recall, but was glad to see one on her face, now.

Kiuaji, his proud companion perched between his impressive horns, traded words with Tsavo before approaching the front of the meeting. The King’s eyes narrow slightly, uncertain as to if he should be suspicious of Aji’s comments to the lioness; though he cannot help but chuckle at his friend’s comment on the solemnity of those gathered. “Meetings are meant for business, Aji,” he quietly remarked between chuckles to the serpent.

Again, his attention shifts as his fellow, moon-pelted goliath approached. He nodded to Alune’s request, “You may, my friend, after I address the herd.” He avoids the prolonged, questioning stare of his observant Seer; now was neither the time nor place to delve into the King’s shadows.

He feels the lovely, silver gaze of Raeden, eyes followed the feel to find her smile. Though it gave way to narrowed eyes at his Queen, and he almost shifted uneasily, but held firm and retrained his thoughts on the business at hand. Until his hard eyes fall on Glacia and the foal at her side. Immediately the cobalt softens to navy, head dropping slightly to be at the colt’s level, even as they stay at the back of the gathering. Did Mauja know he was a grandsire? The sadness in the mare’s face stops him from remarking on her new colt, however.

Attention shifts as another foal, the older filly of Nyx, sidles beside Raeden. Briefly, he wondered when the two had met, before opening his mouth to speak—

But he was interrupted by the flitting, fairy wings of Quentin and the sniffling sighs of Caenan. The smallest of grins turned up the edges of his muzzle at the dejected sag of the fabulous man’s wings and the goodnatured (hopeful?) smile of the pirate. He simply nodded a dismissal of their tardiness— for at least they were present, unlike many others— before sweeping his gaze over those gathered.

Seeing the occasional shiver that wracked the bodies before him, he smiled lopsidedly and began to speak, “My apologies for this location of this meeting. Next time I will choose a less windy place,” indeed cold and wind were not something he was accustomed to avoiding in Dorobo, “Firstly, our General Nyx will not be present as she is away on a mission I’ve given her. Rohan,” dark eyes find the hungover man, “Will be promoted to Captain and act in her stead until she returns. Auriel,” his gaze find the face swathed in black vapor, “Nyx has recommended you for promotion as well. Congratulations on becoming Captain. Caenan,” his great skull swept to the tardy, but dedicated, cutlass-horned man, “Your dedication to the Edge has not been overlooked, and I congratulate you as Sergeant.” He paused, thinking for a moment and allowing those advancements to settle, before continuing, “I hope to see our borders better protected by moats and spikes in the near future. For now, however, it is up to our Protectors to train and spar to ensure our safety,” eyes sweep over those promoted.

“We now have an alliance with the Aurora Basin. And we are trading glass for metal with the Dragon’s Throat, which is where our Glazier, Anzanie currently is. Those interested in, or already apart of, our crafting ranks,” his eyes fall on Iscah, Glasgow, and Quentin, “I task you with doing something with the remaining, broken glass at our borders. I trust you will come up with useful ideas,” a small grin turned up the corners of his thick lips.

Finally, his eyes find Alysanne’s, brow creasing as disappointment darkens his gaze, “Sadly, it seems that our Moon Doctor Calista has disappeared. However, there is one who has shown dedication to the healing arts. Tilney,” his eyes leave the Doctor’s and find the tired gaze of the first who heeded his summons, “In recognition of your work, I welcome you to the ranks of our Moon Doctors.” He finally falls silent, gaze drifting to Iona as she knew better than he about the Sneak ranks (as it should be, given the nature of their craft), before drifting to Alune to await his words.
the elephant king

Synopsis for those who skipped to the end (no judgment, it’s a long post):
WE has an alliance with AB and we are trading with DT.
Nyx is gone for a short time, Rohan acting in her place and promoted to Captain.
Auriel promoted to Captain, Caenan promoted to Sergeant.
@Auriel , @Caenan : Decide on your rank magic and post it in the Rank Updates page!
@Iscah , @Quentin , @Glasgow : Tembo’s giving you a task! Do something with the glass (clean it up, make a stain-glass thread, etc). If you have any questions or want to run ideas by us, skype/PM myself or Danjah!

Iona, Alysanne, and Alune will handle other promotions/tasks in their next posts.
Anyone else: If you would like to join a rank, speak up now! :D

Those who are not on absent or have not told me why their characters are not attending:
@Uriel @Hera @Viserra @Anzanie @Myrrine @Jahzara @Tiva @Dagger @Calista @Ulrik @Luken @Orithia @Lithium @Arah
Remember: Herd meetings are mandatory! Please reply or have a good excuse ready for your King & Queen after the meeting ;] hehe

Meeting closure will be on 3/17ish.

Please tag Tembovu.

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

He showed up.

All height, long legs and lumbering form, he showed up. He definitely did not want to. He considered not coming at all. There was something about being shoved in a group full of selfish minded assholes (pot calling the kettle black much?) in a loud, raucous of a space that set him on edge. Also, the last few herd meetings he attended usually ended in some sort of altercation, much like when he left the Aurora Basin. Absently, he wondered what Arah was doing. She was gorgeous in a way he did not believe he deserved, but he had half a mind to take it anyway.

Regardless.

Cloven hooves settled upon the ground in the back, and he absently leaned against a thick tree. Bronze eyes surveyed the crowd, spying a little... Roskuld... nearby. Was she in the Edge now too? Curious.

Tembovu naturally commanded the herd in his booming voice, chastising those who deserved it and getting everyone as organized as chaos could possible be. Perhaps the most curious was the cold shoulder Elsa was giving; it was ironic and funny to the Engineer that a mare with a snowflake was literally giving a cold shoulder. He actually chuckled at that, the sound deep and rumbling within his fuzzy barrel. Even Kirchoff looked up, snorting a breath in his own humor before returning to chewing on a bone.

Ulrik listened, wondering if he should participate to be a glass crafter. He wondered if he'd be any good at it at all. The brusque man mulled the though over and then decided he had best help - at least a little. The Edge was good to him, even though he was the former crafter of the Aurora Basin, and he was a slightly changed man - in some ways.

"I'll help the crafters," he grunted, his deep, graveled tones somehow fitting of his dark figure and furry chest.

table by tamme | |art by lunarblues

(Please tag me in every post)

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
we heal with love,
As Dacianna joined them, Alysanne greeted the mare with a warm smile - happy to see her fitting in with the herd. And her smile only eased further as Naerys joined them, pressing up against her side for warmth. She uncurled her wing carefully to drape it around the growing filly, as much as to provide her daughter with a little bit of warmth as to draw comfort from her presence. It felt good to not be standing here alone, surrounded instead by friends and family. Especially as she received glances from their king - which Alysanne did her best to weather without emotion.

That was, until he looked toward her with disappointment. She could not figure out if the disappointment was in her or whether it was over Calista’s absence - but she was quick to take it personally after hearing the announcement that followed. There’s a look of surprise and hurt on Alysanne’s face that she does not bother to hide when Tembovu promoted Tilney. It wasn’t that she did not think the antlered stallion up to the task - he had shown impressive initiative and it would have been a promotion coming soon enough anyway. She resented that it was handed out without even a prior conversation with her. The bitter thoughts were quick to fester from then on - Tembovu must have been unhappy with her work or perhaps even just tired of her lately. They had not exactly been getting along. Now there was someone else in their ranks he could go to, conveniently skirting herself and Evangeline so that they did not have to get along.

If Tembovu was looking for someone to replace her he need only say, preferably not in front of the entire herd. Though he’d get a fight from her if that was the case - she had been a Moon Doctor in the Edge longer than he had been a member and she thought she had made it clear that she was not going to be bullied into following every command she did not agree with.

With great difficulty she got her expression under control and looked for the chestnut stallion to offer him a warm and sincere smile. “Congratulations, Tilney.” Her green eyes then moved to Elsa, deciding she’d rather focus on their queen while continuing to speak - it was easier to maintain her smile that way. “Evangeline left earlier this morning to go gather herbs, not knowing we would be having a meeting. I will fill her in on all that has happened.” Perhaps, in the future, it would be a good idea for their King and Queen to alert the heads of the ranks prior to a herd meeting so they would all be able to attend.

But what did Aly know.

Raising her smooth voice slightly to address the crowd now, she slipped back into the role of a leader. “But I’m glad to see so many of the healing ranks present.” Her smile softened as she looked to Lyanna, before looking to the rest of the crowd. She actually wasn’t entirely sure who else was a Nurse, so her gaze flickered among all those present (with one exception) as she spoke. With great care she maintained an easy, light and friendly voice, stuffing the internal turmoil as far down as it could go. “For those of you that don’t know I’m Alysanne, the head Moon Doctor.” Normally she didn’t care for the designation, but if Tembovu was going to micromanage then perhaps he needed a reminder. “Our herb garden has been neglected lately and when the ground freezes in Birdsong, I would like to remedy that. For now, though, we will organize groups to travel south in search of any helpful plants. Anyone else that is interested in joining us would be most welcome to. I’ll travel to the Throat with Evangeline.”

alysanne

tagging all those in a Healing rank so they see that we've got a TASK!
@Tilney, @Lyanna, @Glacia, @Freyja (I think that's everyone?)

Sign up/volunteer for travelling to a southern land, I think there’s enough for pairs. Aly will fill in any blanks and if you'd like to go to two just let me know :) Other ranks and those interested in becoming a healer are welcome to join as well!

Heart Caves:
Dragon’s Throat: Alysanne, Evangeline
Halycon Flats:
Riptide Isles: Tilney, Lyanna, Tiva
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

Caenan bumped the fairy winged stallion with his own shoulder and towards Tembovu he gave a large grin in return for the small one. The lead stallion earned the pirate's deepest running loyalty in that moment. Not that Caenan himself would have been hurt by being reprimanded but he did believe that the more delicate man would have crumbled completely at such treatment. For the bay Tembovu had shown himself to be an adept king fit to command the World's Edge. Caenan would never bow to another, no matter how many years he called the land home, but he did dip his head.

“My apologies for this location of this meeting. Next time I will choose a less windy place,” Tembovu was not the only one who had noticed the shivering among the herd. Warmed by fever Caenan did not shiver himself but he did watch those who did. The pirate was not accustomed to living among a herd. The worry that he felt for his fellow members; especially since he was commonly reckless with his self care, was nearly overwhelming. Would the shelter that the trees offered be enough for the young or the elderly?  

“Firstly, our General Nyx will not be present as she is away on a mission I’ve given her. Rohan,” Caenan rubbed his head on his foreleg and shook his head trying to clear his mind fogged by sickness and worry. This was information that would affect himself. “Will be promoted to Captain and act in her stead until she returns. Auriel,” An amused grin split his face for his hungover comrade. Despite his current appearance Caenan was sure that Rohan would step into the promotion well. “Nyx has recommended you for promotion as well. Congratulations on becoming Captain." Caenan, who had managed to shake his sickness some, whooped and cheered for his comrades. However he went quiet at the mention on his own name.

Emerald eyes left the faces of his fellow protectors and hovered on the face of Tembovu. The stallion's mouth felt dry, but it was not something that was caused by the cold he had caught. “Your dedication to the Edge has not been overlooked, and I congratulate you as Sergeant.” Caenan was still for a moment but he then inflated. He rose to his full height and stood proud, like a rising wave. His work had been noticed. All of the times that he had chosen to train rather than socialize with the rest of the herd had paid off. The pirate was a sergeant now. He felt as though he could introduce himself to his herd mates and befriend them with ease now. Caenan now felt as though he were deserving of their friendship. "From 'ere I'll con'inue to grow." Those words were a promise to himself, to those he protected, and a challenge to those who ranked above him. The pirate would never be content with having another with authority over him.

“I hope to see our borders better protected by moats and spikes in the near future. For now, however, it is up to our Protectors to train and spar to ensure our safety,” Caenan's brow furrowed at the announcement. He felt a warmth in knowing his herd mates would be safer but he also felt his spirit sag as he looked at the earth around him. Where would the herd land be marred with such things?

“We also now have an alliance with the Aurora Basin. And we are trading glass for metal with the Dragon’s Throat, which is where our Glazier, Anzanie currently is. And those interested in or already apart of our crafting ranks,” Caenan listened thoughtfully. “I task you with doing something with the remaining, broken glass at our borders. I trust you will come up with useful ideas,” taking advantage of the pause Caenan spoke out, emboldened by his promotion. "The Basin is known for craftin' with cloth. Could we offer them a selection of the glass for their own uses in exchange for material to be provided to the elderly and the young for warmth?" Though it was not a particularly excitable Frostfall that had greeted them, it was still not over. And even so, he worried for those who did not tolerate the cold well. A few strips of cloth could be kept in a central location and could be shared.

Caenan's gaze followed Tembovu's, moving to each that was addressed. The pirate ceased to hear the king's words however, whenever a painted pegasus was addressed. A smile flashed across his face at the sight of Naerys under the mare's wing. It warmed him to see her well. She was the princess who had tied the final knot that tethered him to the World's Edge. The adventurous Naerys and the untamed ocean held the pirate's heart. Caenan sent a messenger in the form of a whistle to cross the distance between himself and Naerys and on the tail of the whistle a crooked smile came soon behind.

“Sadly, it seems that our Moon Doctor Calista has disappeared. However, there is one who has shown dedication to the healing arts. Tilney, in recognition of your work, I welcome you to the ranks of our Moon Doctors.” With a final burst of energy Caenan cheered for his friend before being cut off by a coughing fit. Once it passed he flashed another grin, this one directed at the horn stallion.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Mentioned: @Alysanne @Naerys @Rohan @Auriel @Tilney
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Hera Posts: 50
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3 Months
nickel

Shivering against the cold wind the filly reluctantly tried to move closer to the warmth of the fire burning despite the ice and snow. Thank the gods for whoever built and maintained these for if not there would have been many times that she would have become a giant popsicle. Where had the warm weather gone? Was it ever coming back? She wanted to scream and shout out at the world for making such a crappy season but what good would it do? (Not that she hadn't already tried this) Last time nobody had come to hear her complaints and it had only made her more fuster..ated, yes fuster ated. If it wasn't a word it was going to become one now cause she said so.

Flicking her ears to the sound of Temby's call the painted youngster stubbornly refused to move from her spot beside the fire. It was too darn cold and surely Temby didn't want to have her there too, he was too busy dealing with whatever grown up things they talked bout. Pawing the snow away with her front hoof she allowed herself to flop down thinking that it would be more comfortable as opposed to standing, boy was she wrong. Legs scrambled underneath her frantically as the icy snow touched her soft belly sending even more chills up her spine causing her teeth to chatter noisily. Snorting defiantly she wished that the warm weather would come back now!

After stomping her feet and making a scene that nobody would see the young girl finally picked herself up and headed off to find the others. She was bored, lonely and just wanted to be warm for once in her short lived life it just wasn't fair. Arriving in her own little pouty mood she chose to stick closer to the tree line out of the way. There was still many that she did not know and felt uncomfortable being around strangers without someone she knew to lend their supportive self to her comfort.

every loss, every mistake, was seared into her soul, creating a different kind of tattoo, one made from rage and abandonment, heart break and tears
credits

[Image: hera_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4d_by_moonstone_...9ggy0h.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
A breeze ruffled my feathers, cut through my hair, sent my smoky exhales in wild directions. I heard words fall from the lips of the Elephant King, but I barely listened to them. My mind was in other places, dancing with fictitious worlds and cradling the hands of decrepit apparitions. I was ready to leave before I had even arrived.

I paid attention during the important parts, especially when Tembovu began to speak of Nyx. My ears flicked forward, head falling to one side. Her absence? Strange. I thought little of it till my name was spoken by the King. My lips fell apart, my heart fluttered, my ears flicked back in uncertainty.

Me? A Captain?

At first I thought it was a joke, but no, the King was serious. I smiled, a half-hearted affair. I doubted Nyx's judgment momentarily due to my lack of experience, but in truth, I was grateful. I had been doing my best lately, for that was all I could do, and the fact that it was enough filled me with foreign blithe.

I bowed my head in honor, staring at my breast, hiding the accumulating trepidation bestowed unto me by way of frigid borne blood. The cheer of the herd echoed in my auds, but their acclaim was hollow to me at best. My eyes rose, seeking my mother, for her approval was the only one that meant anything to me.

My eyes whispered to her, 'Is this okay? Are you proud? Look, I'm trying,' tentatively through pale lashes and rapidly fading smoke. I cheered for my herd mates who had earned a promotion as well, though softly, and after my gaze had torn itself so conscientiously from the Queen.

mentions basically just @Elsa
tysm for the promotion wow ;~~~~;

/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
Snow would fall in silence, and the world would change—but he would not. The thin blanket of white met his frost-covered hooves with a sharp, near-silent sound as he walked the misty hallways of his ancient home.

He had been here a long, long time. After the wars which had ravaged Helovia he had been one of the first to enter the World's Edge—only a few had stayed to witness the brutality the Gods had wrought upon their followers, and the few ones who had remained had accepted his rule. The ranks swelled with newcomers, all horned, united under the Ice King—Mauja the Frostheart.

In the depths of the now-dead swamps he had sworn along his Dark Empress, his jackal, to rid the world of all those un-crowned.

Irma was watching the meeting as the frostwraith paced the depths of the forest. Her mind could not pick apart their words, but he was constantly tapped in to her consciousness. And he understood what they said. He understood what she saw. He had even heard the echo of Tembovu's voice floating upon the chill winds, but had hardly moved from his spot face to face with a rime-covered tree. His gaze traveled up its old, sturdy trunk, thinking of flames, the wildfires which had ravaged his home in the years long gone.

He saw them gather, to Tembovu and Elsa. He saw them bend their knee, whisper My King, My Queen (and he hated them for it—).

They were reduced to their roles. Incapable of fault. Incapable of emotion. Incapable of sorrow. His teeth gnashed with helpless anger, and his heart ached with helpless pity. What had he done to Tembovu, thrusting him into this position..?

And he saw other things, too, from Irma's lofty vantage, spinning on the slow, meager winds. He saw things which broke his heart, and stopped him dead in his tracks, no longer advancing upon the meeting.

He saw familiarity.

He saw envy and love and disappointment and hurt.

An effeminate stallion slipping smoothly from a primal mare with a lion, weaving his way with expertise through the gathering crowd; words—'Bov'—coming out like the rustle of satin, his hips swaying like a harlot's. And Mauja wasn't stupid. Tem-bov-u. How hard was that to figure out? 'Aji', the King said. Fondly, perhaps.

A rough, uncharacteristic growl spilled from his dark maw. More bodies joined the press, filtering in, gathering, crowding, choking, yet he couldn't acknowledge them—couldn't see them—Irma couldn't tear her eyes from the smooth-moving, smooth-talking stallion. There was a familiarity there. A familiarity which went deep, deeper than the earth.

Deeper than whatever claims Mauja had on Tembovu.

Mauja had taken the Elephant King in. Mauja had given him duty and responsibility to take his mind off things, given him a chance to sow seeds that wouldn't grow in ashes and be watered by blood. Mauja had given him the fucking crown he wore, placed him at the head of this throng dying for his attention.

Tembovu had been the one to back Mauja off the Veins' edge, keep him on this side of life.
Mauja had been the one who had burned for Tembovu's grief and rage and his own mistakes.

And all of that was taken from him in an instant.

He had no place anymore. He did not belong—never had, not really, he had just been the white stag they all chased, trying to lead them onto safer ground. He had never been one of them. He swallowed. Alune towered next to the King. Naerys hid beneath the motherly, loving wing of Alysanne. Elding (—the fuck?) hid in the shadows of the trees, kept company by Katerina. Glacia had Kvasir.

Nobody needs you—

And Tembovu began to speak.
Each word a hammer-stroke falling on the nails of his coffin.
Each word soft, loving damnation.

Nyx was away. Rohan was promoted. Fair enough. Auriel was promoted. Caenan was promoted. (Who the fuck are they?) They had an alliance with the Basin. They traded with the Throat. Tilney was made Moon Doctor in Calista's stead. Word by word the glass shard pushed deeper and deeper into his heart, until he stood alone in his snow-laden clearing and gazed straight up at the distant sky with tear-glazed eyes. d'Artagnan's bags were wound tight against his body, the scythe a cold, terrible weight over his back. He wondered how long it would take them to react if he charged into the meeting and began laying into everyone with it.

How many would die.

How much blood would cover the snowy ground, haphazard stains of red—

And he had signed up for this shit for eternity. A low, strangled laugh—or was it a sob?—broke the stillness of his corner of the world, an echo dying quickly between the snow-covered trees.

[ aka Mauja is being a difficult, jealous bitch. he's nowhere remotely near the meeting but Irma can clearly be seen circling above it! ]
Mauja
the white queen
image credits
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Quentin Posts: 20
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 5.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 5 HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
DarkShadow
Quentin
Quentin hadn't noticed the stranger moving closer to him and, when he spoke, the pale stallion jumped a bit in surprise. Quickly gathering his wits, the male smiled slightly. He appreciated the fact that he wasn't alone in his lateness. The Warmblood chuckled lightly, easing back into his carefree self. “I suppose you're right. No sense in fretting I guess.” He nodded as the stallion spoke again before returning his attention back to the elephant of a leader who was now looking in their direction.

His wings fluttered flirtatiously as he noticed the Tembovu's stare. Nodding in hello, Quentin was happy to see that he hadn't been forgotten by the hunky stud. It wasn't long after that the leader spoke, his voice caring easily to the waiting ears of his herd. The fairy male listened intently, grinning at the mention of Rohan and his newly found rank. The teal and white stallion found him amongst the rest of the herd, sending him a wink of congratulations. More ranks were won, but Quentin hadn't the slightest idea of who any of them were.

That is, until the stallion beside him was mentioned. The fairy offered him a grin of congratulations, then turned his head back to Tembovu at the mention of an alliance. Tilting his head, Quentin already began to think of what he would create with the broken glass that littered the borders. Something glorious of course, that was a given. He turned though as the unicorn next to him spoke, Quentin nodding with agreement at his offer. He'd wait to see what their leader would say on the matter. The elephant king continued speaking, though it didn't pertain to him, so Quentin allowed his attention to wander.

The fairy noticed a darker being that had voiced interest in helping out in crafting. The stallion snorted softly, taking in his curious appearance. “Like you have room to talk....” Rolling his hazel eyes at the voices in his head, Quentin moved his gaze onward. It was then that a painted pegasus spoke, her voice capturing his full attention. The male snorted at this mare's quick reminder that she was leader of something. A frown crossed his features for a moment, though he was sure his opinion on her outburst wasn't really welcomed. He was slightly interested in her offer, though he had other things to take care of first. Maybe if there was time....

I Can Grant Your Wishes, Baby....
Image Credit
[Image: 568b0cff16b64]

Please tag me in all posts!
Non-lethal magic/force is allowed. Please ask if unsure :)

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

She was late she was late! Oh so very late! Her legs were carrying her as fast as she could go as she heard the call of her King. She remembered her last meeting with him, how she had discovered her magic of retrieving memories as they slumbered. It was interesting, and invigorating in a sense too that she finally had something that could make her of use. But she couldn't think about such things now when she was really really late to the meeting. So she kept running, letting the snow kick up behind her as she continued her quick pace. She could only notice for a brief second the presence of a familiar figure, one that made her smile as she sailed past him. His spotted form was like a blur, but she remembered it quite clearly, and so as she passed him she called out to him cheerfully," Hi Mauja! By Mauja!" Hopefully he wasn't going to miss the meeting either.

Before she knew it she was nearing the edge of the lands, where all had begun to gather. Their forms filled up such a small space, the and girl didn't know how exactly she would fit in. She could see some familiar faces, which caused her to happily smile, before she decided to place herself somewhere in the back, next to a mare with vivid black markings that adorned an ivory coat. She hadn't noticed she was crying, hadn't noticed the creature crawling all over her, all she noticed was it was someone who looked like they needed a meeting buddy. And so she left herself there, only half listening to Tembovu and Elsa, while whispering to the mare calmly," I don't believe we've met before. I'm Myrrine, it's a pleasure to meet you!" She dipped her head kindly, before finally going back to paying attention. If the mare wanted to respond she could, if not, then she would listen contentedly to the meeting.

As her eyes followed the leaders and as they spoke, her heart felt pride at the feeling of seeing her herd members succeed. They were achieving such great things and helping the Edge grow, causing her to smile and let her wings flutter so cheerfully. She only wished she could contribue in her own way as well. Without thinking at the sudden thought, she pushed her way through the crowd and closer to the royalty, dipping her head politely before finally speaking aloud," I apologize for interrupting you, but Tembovu, if there is any way I can be of service too, please let me know! I would love to help the Edge and the Moon Goddess in any way I can!" With that she dipped her head again, hoping she wouldn't get in trouble for breaking in to make her own statement.

OOC: I'm sorry I'm late T-T

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Mauja because Myrrine said hi while passing him, hope that's okay since she was super late lol.
@Roskuld cause hey meeting buddy!!
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
iona
They came quickly – answering the call of the Elephant.  And then they just keep coming.  Iona watches idly, memorizing faces she doesn’t know as they arrive, that is until her sister arrives.  It was then that all of her attention was diverted to her sister.  It had been far too long since the two of them had actually had a decent conversation, but at the moment Alysanne didn’t need to do much talking.  Her face was doing all the talking for her.  That wince – the once she thought she had done such a good job of covering up – hadn’t gone unnoticed.  Iona, to her own credit, didn’t say anything disruptive since official business was being conducted (which was very considerate of her, all things considered) but she certainly filed away this particular nugget of information.  Alysanne seemed less than pleased to be at the meeting, to be putting it lightly, and seeing her sister in such a state concerned the painted Specter.  Clearly having a conversation with her sister had been put off for far too long.  

Her eyes continued to flicker between those who emerged from the trees to stand by the cliff.  She recognized Dacianna and offered the mare a small smile and a nod in greeting when Alysanne greeted her.  She was pleased to see that the mare had made her way to the cliffs.  Naerys arrived as well, snaking against her mother’s side (a rare sight nowadays) and seemed just as perturbed about the meeting as her mother.  Iona shifted uncomfortably seeing as she was clearly out of the loop about something significant.

The meeting starts.  Promotions are discussed.  Iona tries not to make a face at the idea of moats and spikes.  Like the glass wall isn’t health hazard enough.  She uttered a sigh at the idea, knowing that only Aly and maybe Naerys are close enough to hear her.  Aly spoke, and it caught Iona off guard to hear her so impassioned.  However when Tembovu’s gaze slowly crawled her way she knows that the floor is hers, so to speak. 

So, with little fanfare, she does.   “The sneaks have been given an assignment, or at least those who could be bothered to show up to the meeting have been given an assignment. I don’t particularly want to repeat myself.  I’m sure you understand.” She said, simply.  Her eyes flicked over to where Raeden and d’Arcy stood together, and the smallest hint of a smile crossed her lips.   She certainly wasn’t going to repeat herself or assign new tasks for those who couldn’t be bothered to heed the call the first time.  No.  They could seek her out in their own time.

However, she figured that this might not be the most positive note to end her contribution to the meeting.     “And congratulations to those promoted,” she added, somewhat awkwardly. 

The truth will set you free.
But first, it will piss you off.
image credits || quote: gloria steinem

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Uriel Posts: 12
Outcast
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16.1 HH :: 1 Year (Frostfall)
Linds
Uriel
He’d managed to make it to the summons, whereupon he nearly turned tail to hide once more within the Edge and the mists that had become quite dear to him over the past few weeks. Uriel had never seen so many equines, Pegasi, and unicorns gathered together in one setting… It was enough to make him question his new allegiance for fear of having to be social. It sounded more like a chore than a privilege and made the young prince doubt his own existence, if only because he’d clearly been raised more a heathen than a colt. At the head of their figurative table stood the great behemoth, Tembovu, and beside him, his Queen, Elsa. They were quite the interesting pair no doubt, what with a soft and forgiving Lady to equal a primal and serve man. However, surrounding them both were creatures of all kinds.

There was golden stallions with antlers, beautiful painted ladies with striking eyes, and even great warriors that rivaled Tembovu himself. Of course, Uriel had little in common with any of those beasts and felt more an outsider than a friend to them… It was a lonely feeling that had only grown more prominent since his return to Helovia and he hoped that time would eventually bridge the gap between he and his so-called family. Yet, it pained him to admit that he longed to one day call them such… He desired for nothing more than the closeness he’d been denied during his childhood. After all, he’d been enraptured by a deadbeat father and taken away from his mother’s loving embrace. Now, all that remained was a truly broken boy, building himself into a greater man than his father could ever claim to be. Even his formers glories would die when Uriel rose from Thor’s ashes. He would take his failures and make them into victories, no matter the cost.

Yet, the colt hadn’t gotten off on the right footing and owed an apology to the one he called King. His return to his birthplace had been all but harmonious and Uriel wanted to see to amends, but couldn’t quite find the right time to do so. Clearly, both King and Queen were busy creatures, but Tembovu was anything but approachable- at least in Uriel’s eyes. The only male figure he’d known had abandoned his quaint little family and had stricken a rift between them all. Was the Elephant King a more righteous being than his father or was Uriel looking for direction in all the wrong places?

When the great and imposing beast began to speak, or rather continued (for Uriel had been late again), the colt stood to attention. After allowing himself to settle since discovering the hurt and hatred his mother harbored for his father, it had taken the young prince a great deal of time to recover from his own warring emotions. It was finally time for him to forgive and forget and move on despite the confusion an absent father so often left behind…

Uriel didn’t know of those who names were mentioned and knew even less about their tasks, but as he searched the crowd for familiar faces, he found no one that he could turn to. Rising panic began in his chest and expelled itself in the form of a sigh from his lips… his mother was nowhere to be found. What did that mean for Uriel now that he had come back? Was he supposed to pretend he could make it on his own?
Hide your fangs all you want
Tell us that it's different now, you're up to no good
/ image

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
Can’t feel anything—when will I learn?
I push it down, push it down.
His head throbs.

Were he standing closer to their mammoth of a king, the Warlander likely would make a half-playful comment about his booming voice, but from where he rests beneath the trees, Rohan stands quietly. With half-lidded eyes he watches as others come to slowly filter into their gathering, some familiar faces holding his gaze for a moment before continuing lazily on. Thinking back to the last time they had assembled as a herd, he wonders whether this meeting will be as…exciting. He’s not sure whether their patron god is supposed to arrive at every gathering, or just when things get interesting. Part of the stallion wouldn’t mind seeing her svelte figure again, but the other part—arguably a large part at this moment—just wants to retreat quietly back to his solitude.

Shifting his weight to a more comfortable position, the antlered stallion leans back, his hips dipping sharply to one side as a hind leg is relieved of his weight. While his head his lowered, green eyes remain loosely focused on Tembovu, one brown-rimmed ear slanting forward when the Elephant King begins to address those that stand before him. Rohan has the idea that he will listen to what his king has to say, perhaps nod a time or two, and then slip back in a quiet and unremarkable ease of events. All is going according to plan for about two seconds before—

“Rohan—”

The Warlander lifts his head sharply at the sound of his name, the action sending a fresh round of stabbing pain behind his eyes, and he blinks blearily while trying to grasp desperately at comprehension, Temobvu’s words filtering through the echo in his ears.

“—Will be promoted to Captain and act in her stead until she returns.”

Well shit.

That
wasn’t supposed to happen.

Suddenly very aware of the Elephant King’s attention, Rohan straightens his posture, gritting his jaw against his aching muscles and his pounding (throbbing, bursting, spiraling) head. For a good long second or two he probably looks like a deer caught in headlights—a very hairy, unkempt deer. Still, perhaps his inebriation has, ultimately, worked out in his favor. Usually, the Warlander’s mind would be spinning with the fresh responsibilities and weight on his shoulders, but now…well, his head is just plain spinning, and far too hazy to dwell much on it now. “I’m honored,” he rumbles, unsure if either Tembovu or Elsa will be able to hear him.

Rohan dips his head in a shallow bow, where it rests as the meeting continues. There are a few words that stand out among the rest—Aurora Basin, alliance, broken, healing—which prod at and tempt certain memories that he wishes to smother (why must it be so hard?). Pressing his lips together, the antlered stallion allows his thoughts to drift, lingering on fresh pools and ecstasy, where the cruel pain of reality can’t reach him.

notes; Thank you thank you thank you!:D
“Speech.”
rohan
image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

tilney

Tilneys gaze blanketed over each of his herd mates as they gathered. His body language remained as open and generally cheerful as was possible in his exhausted state. The first Tilney recognized was Alysanne and then the pretty little Freyja; Many others he had seen about the forest and cliffs but not yet knew their names. Noting the painted filly who tucked herself under Alysannes wing, Tilney realised that Alysanne might be a mother - He didn't know much about her, but this green-eyed girl who stood under her wing held an impressive resemblance. A familiar tainted grey figure paced in at his side and spoke a few words of greeting. Smiling to his friend Glasgow, Tilney glanced from her scarred gaze back to the King and Queen. "How are you Glasgow?" He spoke coolly. For some reason this bronze boy was quite excited for the meeting to begin and stood eagerly at attention.

The only edger Tilney recognised in the group by the time the meeting began was Caenan. He appeared to have grown since their last meeting at the threshold. While waiting for the meeting to begin the bronze boy found himself looking for Mbwene. The small ashen figure of Tembovus bonded was not-so easily found huddled in the trees. "Mbwene!" Tilney cooed to the little elephant,  whispering his words of thanks to the sun god and watching the kings bombed cheerfully as his lantern lit with a beautiful, warm flame. Maybe the little elephant would feel warmer under the lantern light.

The meeting began, Tembovus deep vocals echoing through the windy clearing. Promotions were given to individuals in the fortify ranks, including Caenan! Tilneys wide emerald smile fell upon his friend and he mouthed a silent "good job!" - he didn't want to disrupt the meeting.
Tembovu spoke of Calista and her disappearance which easily tied a knot in Talents throat. Where had she gone? "-Tilney,” 
“In recognition of your work, I welcome you to the ranks of our Moon Doctors.”

Glancing either side of his golden bodice, Tilney couldn't quite believe what he had just heard. He was a moon doctor? Already!? "Thank you my King!" the flaxen lad cheered, glancing to the unfamiliar pairs of eyes around him. He felt quite under the spotlight, but couldn't be happier. Alysannes words of congratulations easily warmed his heart even more; He felt so humbled and blessed to be given such a promotion!
There was a task at hand though, so Tilney listened up closely. They were to travel south to gather flora! The south was the only place in Helovia Tilney had not been to gather herbs yet, so this would be an exciting journey.

With a glance to the others among the healing ranks Tilney noticed some unfamiliar faces and smiled their way, only then did he speak up. "I will go to the Riptide Isles. Anyone is welcome to accompany me but know it will not be an easy journey!" He wouldn't hesitate to aknowledge the fact that he was not blessed with a pair of wings, so the only option of transport to the Isles would be to swim.

Art by Enfanir @ DA

Thankyou so much for the promotion!
@Alysanne - Tilney will go to the Riptide Isles.

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

There are so many horses. They come out of the woods like moths to the flame, and she simply watches in a bit of amazement. Not that she’s not used to this. Of course she is. Once upon a time, she was a princess after all. Once upon a time, she stood in front of crowds like this. But still, it amazes her. She’s hardly seen most of these horses, let alone gotten to know even of a handful of them.

There’s more than meets the eye behind some of polite nods, but Lyanna does her best to simply stay out of it. Not her place. She does notice that Ros comes, and she tries to catch the mare’s eye and give her a small smile, feeling weirdly like she should continue extending a hand of friendship to the blue and white mare. Which doesn’t actually make much sense, because Ros has far more connections and history here than Lyanna does. But still, she persists in her perhaps foolish kindness.

Besides, she does really enjoy Chico.

More come, and she entirely gives up trying to figure out what the heck is going on. She listens, but mostly it sounds like gibberish and goes in one year and out the next. When Tembovu addresses the group again, she pricks her ears in his direction though, trying to remember it all even though some of it still sounds foreign.  She does hear Auriel’s name though, one she actually recognizes, as the mare is given a promotion. Lyanna tries to find her in the crowd to offer the girl a smile.

Talk turns to the healers, and Lyanna shifts some of her attention onto Alysanne as well. It’s hard not to notice the disappointment on Tembovu’s face, and Lyanna automatically assumes it’s over the disappearance of Calista. But there’s something unreadable on Alysanne’s face, and Lyanna wonders if there’s more to all this than meets the eye. Probably. And it’s probably better if she doesn’t know.

Alysanne speaks up to address the healers; a smile making it’s way toward Lyanna. The tri-colored mare returns the smile easily. She gives them the assignment, which doesn’t come as a surprise to Lyanna. But of course, she happened to be there when Alysanne mentioned it to Tembovu before.

Tilney speaks up, offering to go to Riptide Isles. She doesn’t know him yet, but figures he might be a good one to travel with on her first trip. It’s not like she knows a thing about collecting herbs, but given the stallion’s promotion, she’s guessing he can teach her. I’ll travel to Riptide Isles,” she offers. “And wherever else, if you need me to head to a second place.” Flying had it’s perks, after all. Made it relatively easy to pop into two places quickly.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

mentions: @Roskuld, @Auriel, @Alysanne, and @Tilney

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Orithia Posts: 59
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
ORITHIA

She had been hovering at the edge of the treeline for some time now, pastel pink eyes shining out from the wind-whipped shade here at the Edge of the World. The pale figure was glad that she had wrapped herself in a cloak of silence as her ears swiveled to catch the voices of her herd. There were a few faces that she recognized, though the vast majority of those that she trained and fought to defend were nothing more than strangers. Passable faces that breathed in the same air as she and relied on an anonymous, rage-fueled Pegasus to protect and serve them in their time of need.

The notion stirred up a chuckle.

A small grin curled at her lips as she watched her herdmates whoop and holler as promotions and positions were awarded, Tembovu's presence radiating a kind of benevolent dominance that Orithia wouldn't admit that she envied. The rose knew that outside of her soft curves and blushed tones, she was all fire and sharp edges; her dominant energy was a product of animosity and flame, nothing at all like the cool confidence that radiated from her Elephant King. She had to stop herself as more voices rang out amongst her own ranks, the pirate boy that she had briefly trained and patrolled with had been promoted to captain.

A fine title for the washbuckled sea child

And she was surprised to find that her thoughts were almost fond.

Eyes sliding back to rest upon the towering form that served as her King, the desert princess listened but did not engage; she would follow and find her sparring partner in due time, but until then, she would remain a mere wisp.

@TEMBOVU @ELSA
[Image: ypCJIiV.png]
Honestly, kick her ass at any time. Seriously.
Any and all aggressive and non-aggressive contact permitted.
Please no permanent injury or death. We'll get to that part at some point.
xoxo