the Rift

[OPEN] [Joining] Take Me, Teach Me

Keidajen Posts: 17
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14 hh :: 4 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
Keidajen

"Come. I'll bring you home. You can tell me more best you can if you wish on the way. You will be able to learn more there too, if learning is what you wish to do." To learn is all that I desire. Acceptance is a cold cruel beast that lives within my breast that is laden with a sorrowful heart. I will not return to those whom I love so deeply so I must return to myself. I do ill deeds to those back in Elivian if I do not honor myself for who I am, who I was, and who they would wish for me to be. "Yes." I feel my words come more easily as I allow the shadow land to fall behind my own shadow. "Learn. That is my want."

My breath catches in my throat as the dark woman touches me. So long it has been since I was last brushed against by another. "Diolch tibi." Thank you, stranger. I follow her lead to the land she calls home and to the land that I too will claim to be a body of.

The scenery around us begins to be that of more sparse vegetation and the ground begins to pile upon itself; lifting itself to boastful heights to create proud mountains. I am unaccustomed to walking on hooves across such rocky terrain and I can feel the bruising of my soles. The risen sun beats down with merciless vigor and my eye wells up from the pain. Color is so overwhelming and the sunlight is too glaring; my lighter colored eye clamps shut while the one of dark shades guides me.

Through that eye all color fades and I see colors no more. The hues that paint this realm were mere fables when spoken of in Elivian. I had once spent afternoons spinning tales of the different colors that I remembered from being born here. But while in that realm without color, I too had grown to be ignorant of just how grand the colors here are. With an eye clamped shut and an unsteady limp I follow the dark form in front of me. Together we venture past the mountains and through their sloping valleys.

I am awed at the sight of the mechanical being that guards the entrance to the Aurora Basin. I look to the woman who led me here with a raised brow. How do those without hands craft such things? I shake my head; there is apparently much for me to learn. I stand next to the mare who brought me in wait for my joining to be formally accepted. During my wait I am self conscious and I am cross with myself for being unable to speak as I think. What reason would they see to accept me?

@Sialia I am so sorry about the wait! For some reason I just saw that you had replied to Keidajen's Threshold.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Yew

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
Sialia
I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

The ever changing colored mare had chosen to learn. Along with some words I didn't understand, but took as something kind, as she had shown no aggression, and her voice had sounded soft and non threatening.

And then we had set off towards to cold mountains. We talked little during our time heading up there, but I enjoyed the quiet. If she spoke it was on her terms. I didn't know how to awkwardly make conversation, so. There we go.

Soon the scenery began to change, and I would occasionally check back, only to see the mare closing one eye and looking through her darker one. I found the behavior odd, but again, chose not to comment. Eventually however, we reached the borders of home. I slowed to a halt just before the great machines that guarded the entrance, and caught the look from my newest companion. A smile lifted my lips and finally spoke. "They are old and rusty, and falling apart, but they still bring awe to every new comer I bring here. This is our entrance. I shall call our Lady and our Lord to welcome you."

My head turned away from the opalescent mare, and a call reached it's way from out of my throat into the air. Calling for welcoming and acceptance of the mare. She would be one with us, part of the family. My eyes drifted back to her, and I wondered what she would choose. The life of a warrior? Perhaps she would be the one to fix the great Sentinels. Or she would heal those who where sick and wounded? Maybe she would be sneaky and steal from those surrounding... Or would she do all, and one day lead us? The possibilities where endless. Maybe she would leave us after a time, never belonging here after all.

"Our lord and lady are Deimos and Hotaru. I am Sialia, by the way since we did not exchange names earlier. I am corporal here in the Aurora Basin."

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Keidajen @Deimos @Hotaru
Words;;
Notes;; SORRY I TOOK A LONG TIME TOO <3

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
He was violent precision and venomous puissance, danger billowing from corners and corridors. The entity, the entropy, the essence of his cool, calm predilection had been cultivated from layers and lacquers of time, space, and malice, a brooding, chilling corruption of the soul. Amidst the winter splendor, along the darkening, twisting shades, Deimos was predator and monster, a demon amongst the masses, a vigilant, carnivorous creation tucked between shadows and caverns, collected and gathered by the nuances, by the sentiments, by the thoughts and feelings of Mephistophelean masterpieces. The Reaper’s opus was a careful, callous, calculated sculpture of refinement, poise, and disaster – he was might and calamity, destruction and ruin, and his name resounded through the hills and valleys as an instrument of terror and fear. But to the lands, to the terrain, to the empire he ran, none should’ve been horrified by his appearance, by his roaming, wandering, forbearing figure, because while he was haunting and hunting, he did it all for them; each and every individual scalding and surrounding his beloved, glacial fortress. He’d fight for them. He’d maim for them. He’d terrorize for them. He’d die for them. His cracked, nefarious heart bled for their iniquities, for their triumphs, for their conquests, and for their losses and defeats. The beast stood in front of their frames as he called for arms, the infidel bore down on their attacks, and he chased after their fiends, swallowing and consuming the threads of threatening measures. Warrior and king, soldier and titan, blackguard and Lord were all titles and legends brandished across his shoulders and chest, along his muscles and sinew, amidst the virile scars and the elongated sword; but he was more than what they could ever imagine (crueler? Harsher? Kinder? Who was to know and who’d be the one to claim they’d seen him at his best or at his worst?)

But he was summoned from the murk and devilry, sought after time and time again for duties and diligence, for welcoming more souls into the upheaval. The savage accepted the beckoning with his raw, biting silence, staring across the melting ice and the rimed walls, encompassing his kingdom within the piercing, penetrating glance of his deep, ruminating stare. Curiosity won over reluctance, for it was an ever-strident sound – that ample luxury of interest and fascination – and his steps wound around the interior of his world with a rapacious air, all wolf, all sovereign, all brutal, vibrant calamity. Eventually, he found the source of the call – Sialia, the Corporal (and he never knew quite what to make of her; if she simply existed amidst their realm for moments in time, springing up now and again to battle, twist, shout and sneer her way through meetings), and likely what she’d found, a mare of soft, ivory hues and mismatched eyes. Dipping his cranium in rough formality to both, but mostly to the femme who’d brought the other here, his barbarian eyes examined and scrutinized the newcomer. What were her skills? What were her talents? What was she going to bring to the ice and caves, the lakes and valleys? His skull tilted, haphazard and deadly in its artful, intrigued gaze, unwinding the depths of his tongue for momentary savagery brought to life, focused entirely on the stranger. “Welcome. I am Deimos.” A keen, swift introduction, his words were only contorted and connived in such a way, before bidding his jaws, his vocals, for more. “Who are you, and how do you intend to serve the Basin?”
Death, you bring death, and destruction to all that you touch.
- bg - table - art -

I also apologize for the ridiculous wait. XD @Keidajen @Sialia