the Rift

The Mourning Bells Are Ringing

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs

The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armor. 
He's dirty and he does his best to deny
 the fact that he's a hero the whole time.

How long had it been since he last set sight upon the lands of his birth? Seasons had come and gone, yet his search remained fruitless; Tempe was gone, and he could find no further trace of her, but that didn't stop his search. Even as he soared over the Threshold, broad wings thumping rhythmically, he searched. Oh how long he searched for her... and now his quest drew him in a grand circle back to the place it had all started.

Helovia.

There was no nostalgia when he made his descent, no feelings of fond memory as his hooves hit the ground and carried him forth, nothing. Tawny eyes moved, gazing about the clearing around him, a habit borne of searching for that pale dun and pink figure he yearned for, a habit he could not abandon. Of course his search yielded nothing, and with a weary sigh the stallion turned away, dark wings rustling as he moved on, walking aimlessly. Perhaps she had made her way back, perhaps she was waiting somewhere in the wilds for him, perhaps she had found their father's embrace and even now searched for her twin as he searched for her.

She was alive, of that he was certain... she had to be. He would feel it otherwise if she was gone, that's how it worked right? Tempe was alive, as surely as his own heart beat hers was out there beating as well. Perhaps that was why he found himself once again in Helovia, a foal fled and a stallion returned. Perhaps she was waiting, perhaps she would find him now.

Breccan clung to that hope with all the strength of a drowning man, because it was all he had left.

"Speech"

This is open for anyone to recruit; I'm leaning towards the Edge, but feel free to jump in and change my mind 8D

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

Yes. The mother of all gods, Elsa will praise you for allowing her time to escape. It had been weeks, months even since she traveled to the Threshold. It was suffocating staying in the Edge so long. She felt like a little hermit trapped in a cave. If she didn’t get out soon, she would probably go crazy and end up with a million cats or something.

Edgar was just as eager to go. He loved meeting new people. And frankly, it was time to expand his posse. He thought it was lacking- and needed more members in order to boost the success of it. Elsa snorted, as if. She had really hoped he would grow out of this stage, but instead, he seems to becoming more and more of it every day.

They landed just before the Edge of the Threshold. It had been a journey, after not traveling for some time. Her breath came in huffs, and she frowned. Only after that short time she already needed to get back in shape. Sheesh. She needed to watch it.

The duo treaded deeper, but it seemed as if it was vacant. The small was different, the slightly familiar scents were washed away by numerous new ones. Damn, the Edge was behind this who recruiting thing. They were going to give it a few more moments before they hit the road.

But they spotted an unfamiliar stallion. He was younger, and had some interesting colorings. Elsa offered him a small, cautious nod as she approached. ”Welcome to Helovia. My name is Elsa, of the World’s Edge. Is there anything I can help you with?” Edgar bobbed his head approvingly, letting out a small squeak as a hello.

"talk"

image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
Sialia
I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

Here I was. Again. The threshold. The last time I had been here I had brought back a girl with issue's speaking. Timid thing, but all at once she wasn't exactly timid either. She was sad maybe. I didn't know her story, but maybe she had been brave once, and just shattered.

I wouldn't know what it felt to be shattered. Shattered like my child. I was to selfish to let myself get to overly involved. I thought about my needs before others, I protected delicate organs such as my heart from ever being touched. Oh you could touch everything else, yes. I was the black temptress. I sashayed into your dreams apparently, promising sweet kisses and then turning into a raging bitch. I guess I was worse in dreams than in person. I mean I was certainly a bitch now, but I wasn't a raging one.

But I was changed since I came here too. I remember my first arrival. Torleik the Bloodscald had greeted me. Can I just say yum. I was cold, calculating. My goals where far different than they where now. I strive to bring my herd up, Make it better. Before I lusted after power. Which I suppose power wasn't so bad, but... It was different now. Even if I made enemy's within my own herd. It was to make it better, to expect more from those who thought I expected nothing.

I suppose that was why I was here again. To find those who where worthy. Who could defend, who would protect... Who would make me proud, instead of making me cringe with regret. Ki'irha and I where the General together. There was no excuse now. As much as I hated to admit it to myself, Hotaru's words rang with truth. A truth I wished not to face. This failure was on me. Me and Ki'irha. They didn't listen? Well we needed to make them listen. There was no excuse. Listen or be exiled. Shamed. Killed?

A deep sigh escaped my lips, and my eyes closed, trying to calm my mind. I needed my wits today. I was going to try again. I was going to attempt to bring a potential warrior home. Every creature counted. A new personality that could help turn it all around.

And the fruits of my searching where here. He was young, but looked strong. We needed strength. There was already another here. Elsa. The Worlds Edge general. Or was she more than that now? Was she a leader now? My world did not extend much beyond the Basin. I knew nothing of the outside world. I knew nothing of anyone. Not even my child. Had she birthed my grandson or granddaughter yet?

Stop. Focus.

I shoot a smile towards Elsa, a familiar face in recruiting, before turning my attention towards the stud. "Ah, Elsa already said what I planned to say, So I suppose I will second what she said, and introduce myself." I wink wryly at the young man, before a grin splits my features. It is sincere, and (surprisingly) Un-flirtatious. The wink was going along with my jesting words, that still floated along the silken chords, but still playfully lifted.

"I am Sialia, of the Aurora Basin. Might I have your name, so that I might not just refer to you as young studly?"

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Breccan @Elsa
Words;; Lots of words
Notes;; Sialia isn't hitting on him... Waaaaat

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs

The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armor. 
He's dirty and he does his best to deny
 the fact that he's a hero the whole time.

He was not left to his devices, to his helplessness, for long. Breccan had just dropped his head to get a few meager bites of grass he pawed up before the crunch of hoof on frost drew his crowned head upwards, golden eyes locking on a pale pegasus mare. He returned her nod, listening with pricked ears, and his lips parted to reply when another showed up.

He fell silent, waiting patiently, his ears pricked between the two. So.. they were familiar with each other... yet from different places. He recognized the name from his father's teachings, then it struck him.

They thought him new, they were here to recruit him.

The thought actually made him burst out in a sharp laugh, the antlered stud shaking his head. "Breccan, Son of.." Then, he hesitated. As a colt he had always bellowed his sire's name with pride, yet did he dare to do so now? Did he wish to be known simply because of his father? Well.. it'd save him the breath of having to explain that he was actually native-born and didn't need the usual introductions. "Son of The Morningstar." He sighed, satisfied. There, that would be obvious enough, wouldn't it? If not... eh, he was too tired to care. 

"I seek sanctuary, a place to rest." His gaze shifted from one mare to the other, and the irony of it struck him. A hybrid was he, and before him stood the two pathways of his blood.

This was just getting more and more entertaining.

@Elsa @Sialia

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

When one of the Basin members showed up, Elsa had to hold back a frown. They were a unicorn herd, not a unipeg. Sometimes she thought them desperate as they went for hybrids. Apparently all you needed was a horn and boom, you’re in the club. As much as she wanted to despise them, she couldn’t. She had to remain poised and civil, as per societal rules. It would be a stupid decision for a leader to cross another herd without due right. Her eye was enough for her, but she wasn’t so certain the rest of the Edge would agree with her.

So Elsa gave her a quick nod and recognizing smile before turning back to the lad here. When he started talking, he sounded as if he was from Helovia. Then another name was mentioned, the Morningstar. Ah. Bucephalus the lady killer. AKA the guy who went to another herd just to get banged. Not bitter. Not bitter at all. Elsa let a small laugh escape her at the name and shook her head. Oh boy. She just hoped this boy was not like his father. She wasn’t into the whole seducing game that some played in the Threshold. Elsa had neither the body nor voice to pull that off elegantly.

“Breccan… it sounds like a name Bucephalus would give his son.” She shrugged slightly, offering a warm smile. “I know who your father is. I didn’t know him to well, but he seemed pleasant enough. Since you’re from here I guess I can skip all the boring chit chat. If it is rest you seek, you are more than welcome to accompany me back to the Worlds Edge. Me and The Elephant King would be glad to have you.” She quieted down with a respectful nod, allowing Sialia to continue.

"talk"
@Sialia
@Breccan

image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.